3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Opius

GTA:SA Opcodes

PatrickW
There's a DEcompiler for GTAMA but no compiler, as far as I know.

You knowledge is correct, CyQ (maker of the GTAMA format disassembler for SA) has stated that he won't be making and assembler for that format in the near future, as he's waiting for JonC's point to be released for SA.

ICE COLD KILLA

Drunk Player??

052C: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR drunk_visuals  100

GodGell

You knowledge is correct, CyQ (maker of the GTAMA format disassembler for SA) has stated that he won't be making and assembler for that format in the near future, as he's waiting for JonC's point to be released for SA.

so that means, we can already look at the code, but can't do f*ck about it? sad.gif

random_download

so that means, we can already look at the code, but can't do f*ck about it? sad.gif

You could always use a hex editor or Barton's Builder if you really wanted...

Viper187

You can use Barton's SA Mission Builder v0.33, but you have to add 2 lines to the bottom of INI for it to work on the PC version.

0A4A=2,%1h% %2h% 0A4B=0, 

GodGell

You can use Barton's SA Mission Builder v0.33, but you have to add 2 lines to the bottom of INI for it to work on the PC version.

0A4A=2,%1h% %2h% 0A4B=0, 

yeey, thanks, trying to do the skycrane mod now smile.gif (like, whenever you enter a leviathan, it attaches a magnet to it)

with only 1 new opcode (0788: enable_heli magnet) to worry about this should be a piece o' cake, but it isn't because i gotta get used to this syntax (as i'm used to the Giddy syntax). smile.gif

edit: but why does it keep saying "install sa pc version first"? it didn't even ask me where i have installed the game, if it tried to read it out of the registry, apparently it was wrong.. smile.gif

Edited by GodGell

Viper187

0A4A=2,%1h% %2h% 0A4B=0, 

yeey, thanks, trying to do the skycrane mod now smile.gif (like, whenever you enter a leviathan, it attaches a magnet to it)

with only 1 new opcode (0788: enable_heli magnet) to worry about this should be a piece o' cake, but it isn't because i gotta get used to this syntax (as i'm used to the Giddy syntax). smile.gif

edit: but why does it keep saying "install sa pc version first"? it didn't even ask me where i have installed the game, if it tried to read it out of the registry, apparently it was wrong.. smile.gif

I have that problem too. Using "Compile" works, but "Compile & Copy" doesn't.

GodGell

i guess it's a common problem then. nevermind, i wrote a simple batch file that copies the result of f6 (compile) into sa. smile.gif my next worry is why the f*ck does the game crash if i create another thread..

Viper187

i guess it's a common problem then. nevermind, i wrote a simple batch file that copies the result of f6 (compile) into sa. smile.gif my next worry is why the f*ck does the game crash if i create another thread..

I keep my decompiled SCM in the right directory so it compiles directly to there. smile.gif

flitcroft101

0A4A=2,%1h% %2h% 0A4B=0, 

Go to run at the top and click compile

GodGell
Go to run at the top and click compile

er.. lol

we aren't that stupid. biggrin.gif

the problem is, the mission builder seems to think there's no SA installed, so the compile & copy and compile & run functions don't work.

Opius

Remember that since Barton no longer supports his tools, this editor was designed for the PS2 version. No 'Compile and Copy' needed there.

GodGell
Remember that since Barton no longer supports his tools, this editor was designed for the PS2 version. No 'Compile and Copy' needed there.

what? - Barton has retired? smile.gif damn... how are we gonna missioncode now? smile.gif

DaEllum67

what? - Barton has retired? smile.gif damn... how are we gonna missioncode now? smile.gif

BW didn't write the only mission coding tools. There was GTAMA for Vice City, and now Point for Vice and hopefully San Andreas.

Viper187

BW didn't write the only mission coding tools. There was GTAMA for Vice City, and now Point for Vice and hopefully San Andreas.

After writing as much modified code as I already have, I really wouldn't wanna convert to using a different compiler at this point.

GodGell

it'll take some getting used to for me to mod with Barton's editor, since i used Giddy before, which i liked better, too bad there isn't an SA-version sad.gif

but i think Giddy used the gtama compiler as well, except it had a precompiler that replaced the textual instructions with opcodes.

Capushon

I find change:

047A:   $PLAYER_ACTOR847A:   NOT $PLAYER_ACTOR047A:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_a_motorbike847A:   NOT actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_a_motorbike

04C8:   $PLAYER_ACTOR84C8:   NOT $PLAYER_ACTOR04C8:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_plane84C8:   NOT actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_plane

04AB:   $PLAYER_ACTOR84AB:   NOT $PLAYER_ACTOR04AB:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_boat84AB:   NOT actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_boat

random_download
it'll take some getting used to for me to mod with Barton's editor, since i used Giddy before, which i liked better, too bad there isn't an SA-version sad.gif

but i think Giddy used the gtama compiler as well, except it had a precompiler that replaced the textual instructions with opcodes.

GTA:MA doesn't need opcodes. I think that Giddy is just an IDE for it.

MrTi

found a new one

081A: $actor  2

lets the actor hold 2 guns (for guns that can be dual wield). That means colt45s, machine pistols, etc. So no m4's for each hand.

setting the integer to 1 or 0 makes the actor hold only one gun.

Opius

Holy sh*t! I imagine that would work with any weapon if you changed the appropriate animation/flags in weapon.dat.

What happens if you use it on a gun that doesn't support akimbo? Does it crash or only display one?

MrTi
Holy sh*t! I imagine that would work with any weapon if you changed the appropriate animation/flags in weapon.dat.

What happens if you use it on a gun that doesn't support akimbo? Does it crash or only display one?

it doesnt crash, it'll only display one.

Opius

081C: draw_text_outline $i1  $i2  $i3  $i4  $i5 

Sets the parameters for the outline drawn any any future 'draw_text' commands. Parameters as follows:

1 (int) = Size of outline (pixels?)

2 (int) = Outline colour (red)

3 (int) = Outline colour (blue)

4 (int) = Outline colour (green)

2 (int) = Outline alpha

08A4: manipulate_car_extras @0  1.0 

Basically, this sets the rotation of objects on the vehicle that are usually controlled with 'Special Control Up/Down'. This includes things like the Andromada's cargo bay and the Firetruck's ladder.

As an addition to Ashdexx's opcode 0683, if the host vehicle (the one that other vehicles stick to) goes vertical, all attached cars will fall off.

Example. (This shall provide hours of retarded fun)

user posted image

GodGell

attached vehicle? like the ones attached by the SCM? or is there a way in-game to attach a car to for example the packer? smile.gif it seemed silly that now the packer has real working ramps and no way to "fix" the cars to it

Opius

See Ashdexx's post on page 2 for more information about that opcode.

[EDIT]This one.

GodGell
See Ashdexx's post on page 2 for more information about that opcode.

[EDIT]This one.

yey, nice biggrin.gif

Viper187

00D6: if  00602: $PLAYER_ACTOR 004D: jump_if_false £TAXIODD_424

0602 appears to check if $PLAYER_ACTOR is driving a taxi vehicle.

ocram88

Minigame Stuff

038E: $Unknown $Y_Pos  X_Pos  $Height $R $G $B $Transparens;;Create a Box?0390: 'LD_GRAV';;Load TXD(Models Folder)038F:  1 "SKY";;1 is $picture SKY from txd038F:  2 "BEEA";;2 is $picture BEEA from txd038D: $Picture $X_Pos $Y_Pos $X_Scale $Y_Scale $R $G $B $Transparens 074B: $Picture $X_Pos $Y_Pos $X_Scale $Y_Scale $Rotation $R $G $B $Transparens 097A: -1000.0 -1000.0 -1000.0  1074;;Sound (Audioevent.txt) (not all work)097A: -1000.0 -1000.0 -1000.0  1076;;Sound (Audioevent.txt) (not all work)043C: unknown_set_game_sounds  1;; Sound on/off0937:  35.0  15.0  200.0  45.0 'DUMMY'  0;;Box; Dummy=Text0391: (unknown);; it doesn't make sense; color?0873: RELEASE_2D_IMAGE %1;;post from opius

Opius

To expand on the ones you posted.

038E: $Unknown $Y_Pos  X_Pos  $Height $R $G $B $Transparens;;Create a Box?

It's used like PHP's imagerectangle.

Parameters 1-4 are the XY coordinates for the corners.

Parameters 5-8 is the RGBA colour of the rectangle.

And a very similar opcode.

038D:  20  527.2529  84.2723  48.0  24.0  220  220  220  255 

Parameter 1 is a 2D image loaded using opcode 038F.

Parameters 2-5 are the XY coordinates of the corners. Note that the order the corners are specified in detirmines the rotation of the image.

Parameters 6-9 are the RGBA tint of the image.

GodGell

yesterday i looked through the CARMOD1 external script, unfortunately it's full of unknown opcodes and other than that seemingly all it does is assign loads of unknown global variables.. any ideas? smile.gif

{DBC}Lance

i have the opcodes for disabling traffic and pedestrians, but the emergency's with their ambulances and the firemen with their firetrucks still appear, any idea's what i need to add?