stream.ini

davew2040

If you open stream.ini, you'll see a tag indicating how much memory is allocated to streaming content (at least I assume that's what it is). If you have a lot of RAM, you can probably set this to something higher than what it is; I think it's 12mb, so you could conceivably allocate a whole bunch more if you had a gig of RAM. Attempt at your own risk.

And I strongly recommend people try this. I don't know how well the game streams by default, but if you're having problems, this is just like the Limits Adjuster SteveM made for Vice.

Original:

memory  13500devkit_memory	13500vehicles	12pe_lightchangerate	0.0005pe_lightingbasecap	0.35pe_lightingbasemult	0.5pe_leftx	16pe_topy  16pe_rightx	16pe_bottomy	16dontbuildpaths

what i've changed it to:

memory  512000devkit_memory	512000vehicles	512pe_lightchangerate	0.0005pe_lightingbasecap	0.35pe_lightingbasemult	0.5pe_leftx	16pe_topy  16pe_rightx	16pe_bottomy	16dontbuildpaths

I have 2 gigs of ram, and the peak memory usage in task manager stays at around 137mb, which is nothing

bbq.gif

p.s. in winxp task manager you can go to view->select more columns->check "Peak Memory Usage"

user posted image

Original:

memory  13500devkit_memory	13500vehicles	12pe_lightchangerate	0.0005pe_lightingbasecap	0.35pe_lightingbasemult	0.5pe_leftx	16pe_topy  16pe_rightx	16pe_bottomy	16dontbuildpaths

what i've changed it to:

memory  512000devkit_memory	512000vehicles	512pe_lightchangerate	0.0005pe_lightingbasecap	0.35pe_lightingbasemult	0.5pe_leftx	16pe_topy  16pe_rightx	16pe_bottomy	16dontbuildpaths

I have 2 gigs of ram, and the peak memory usage in task manager stays at around 137mb, which is nothing

bbq.gif

p.s. in winxp task manager you can go to view->select more columns->check "Peak Memory Usage"

and did you get 512 vehicles at thew moment?

i think this tag stands for that

vehicles	512

santaclaws

Original:

what i've changed it to:

bbq.gif

and did you get 512 vehicles at thew moment?

i think this tag stands for that

vehicles	512

I tried those setting and nothing happened. Same amount of cars and memory usage was the same.

santaclaws

Perhaps those numbers are too high, try something lower.

I already tried with lower numbers and i didnt see any diffrence.

Edited by santaclaws

I think that is the number of different vehicle models allowed in RAM. If you have a higher number, you should see more diversity in traffic. I'll try it out some time later.

By the way, is it just me, or is there more trafic on the highways than there was in PS2 version of Sandy?

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

I doubled the memory limit and increased the car limit from 12 to 20. I didn't see any additional cars compared to what there was, but there did seem to be more diversity in the models that appeared. Normally you can get 2 or 3 of the same car driving in a row, didn't notice that with the file changes and I was standing in the middle of the freeway holding up about 8 or 9 cars.

And yeah, there does seem to be a lot more traffic.

liesofsilence
Thanks for posting. Anyone get some settings for 512 mb ram?

• 5 years later...

memory 512000

devkit_memory 512000

vehicles 50

pe_lightchangerate 0.0

pe_lightingbasecap 0.0

pe_lightingbasemult 0.0

pe_leftx 0

pe_topy 0

pe_rightx 0

pe_bottomy 0

buildpaths

nervous.gifwow.gif

• 6 months later...
colt45m1911

Thanks this fixed up my San Andreas. I have a few "slow" spots on the map, but when I drive around running 17 CLEO mods and an extra 100MB in gta3.img, this helps. I used to look one way, then slowly houses would load, then I would look another way, and slowly houses would load and the ones behind me would disappear. This was a big annoyance. Sometimes now the houses look low quality when I turn around, but quickly load up and no houses or roads completely disappear.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...