3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

something new

gtaguru2006

i have been hearin that u get to play as all three charecters which explanes what the stories part means also i heard that u get to play as cj in the 80s and tommy in the 70s and claude in the 90s and wich means that liberty city would adjust to every time period rahkstar2.gif

hahahahha!! it might be true you never kno right? its most likely that it'll be with a new character or cj b4 he went back 2 SanAndreas....thats wut i think and where did u hear that? rahkstar2.gif

LMAO, no it's not going to be more than one time period on that size UMD, plus it would be a bit crap having switching periods and switching characters. I hope it isn't CJ, and I honestly believe rockstar won't put him in the game. It'll also most likely be modern day.

i have been hearin that u get to play as all three charecters which explanes what the stories part means also i heard that u get to play as cj in the 80s and tommy in the 70s and claude in the 90s

LMFAO. You didn't get the time periods right.

Tommy 80's

CJ Early 90's

Claude 00's (We don't know this for sure but it is assumed the game takes place in 2001.)

yall dont think first carl was in liberty in the 80s claude first arrives in liberty in the 90s and tommy was in liberty in the 70s

I understand what your saying and I've definetly thought of that idea since it's called Liberty city stories,yet that would be a hard feat.

i have been hearin that u get to play as all three charecters which explanes what the stories part means also i heard that u get to play as cj in the 80s and tommy in the 70s and claude in the 90s

LMFAO. You didn't get the time periods right.

Tommy 80's

CJ Early 90's

Claude 00's (We don't know this for sure but it is assumed the game takes place in 2001.)

no. if we played at those time would would see what happened before all 3 games were set, which is what he means

EDIT: Whoops i didnt see the post above me confused.gif

Edited by kippers

LMAO, no it's not going to be more than one time period on that size UMD, plus it would be a bit crap having switching periods and switching characters. I hope it isn't CJ, and I honestly believe rockstar won't put him in the game. It'll also most likely be modern day.

GTA3 can fit almost 3 times on a UMD. Considering the fact that at least some models and textures can be re-used, there is nothing to prevent R* from fitting LC in 3 differnt time periods on UMD. On the other hand, that would mess up the game mechancis a bit. Once unlocked, each area was allways accessible in GTA games. *Except for a small part of LC in SA.* If you make the city age, what do you do if you want to free roam in the older version of the city? And without that we can't have all 3 characters at LC, since they all lived there at different times.

* Refference to SA storyline in spoiler tags.

I think it's gonna be CJ and Tommy only,Because If the put cluade you will be playing GTA 3 again

I think it's gonna be CJ and Tommy only,Because If they put cluade you will be playing GTA 3 again

What a dvd to 1.8 gb, considering psp technology is also resonably new, there's no chance they can put 3 times the dvd onto 1.8 gb umd at this current time.

If you make the city age, what do you do if you want to free roam in the older version of the city? And without that we can't have all 3 characters at LC, since they all lived there at different times.

If that is the case, you would simply pick which charater you want to play at (once they are all unlocked) and that would set the time period of the city.

Maybe it will be open so that you can pick which character you want to play from the beginning. That would be neat-o.

What a dvd to 1.8 gb, considering psp technology is also resonably new, there's no chance they can put 3 times the dvd onto 1.8 gb umd at this current time.

GTA3 fits onto a CD. That is 700MB at most. Of course, that is compressed, and the data on the UMD must not use any complex compression algorithms, but PSP resources will also have lower poly count and lower resolution textures, therefore taking up less space. So to say that a copy of the GTA3 ported to PSP would fit onto a UMD disk 3 times is a fair approximation.