3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

mta-sa

PopwarEmerica16

PopwarEmerica16

for those of you who dont know. San Andreas for pc is going to be online just like vice city is going through mtavc. go to www.mtasa.com and they have a site under contsruction for it. turn.gif i m me on aim at PopwarHeritic15 if you want

jesushumper

Goody.

Let us hope it'll take less time to get a well working version then it did for VC.

But it got good eventually!

11 days :<

^ they havn't yet got a version that works well with VC

http://www.sa-mp.com/

^ they have already started on a basic core ready to switch over to san andreas using vice city

PopwarEmerica16

rahkstar2.gif i went to sa-mp.it wasnt even san andreas.it had some san andreas ppl but it wasnt the city of san andreas. mta-sa is going to be the city of san andreas.it will prob have 3,vc,and sa in it maybe. i modded my 3 to realgta3 though so i just would play vc and sa.

PopwarEmerica16

rahkstar2.gif sa mp i saw the trailer.all it was . was vice city.i want the city of san andreas and that is going to be made possible from mta sa. biggrin.gif

billabenz9
rahkstar2.gif sa mp i saw the trailer.all it was . was vice city.i want the city of san andreas and that is going to be made possible from mta sa. biggrin.gif

If you had read anything on the SA-MP website, you would know that they are simply developing and testing the core of the multiplayer mod in Vice City and that they will apply everything to San Andreas once it is released. I'm sure when both multiplayer mods are finished, they'll both have their own pros and cons, the MTA team just happens to have experience on their side.

Also, San Andreas isn't a city, it's a state, just so you know.

MajorOutage

MTA most likely will not be supporting San Andreas until their Blue core is ready.

PopwarEmerica16

i didnt say it was 100% sure on me.the site just said comming soon. so think what you want.everyone has their own theory or opinion

when will rockstar release a multiplayer??

the only time i can forsee it is when they completely redesign the game engine for the next gen consoles

and thats IF they make a gta series for the next gen consoles

*crosses fingers*

~SANANDREAS~

MULTIPLAYER

mentioned on 5/29 atgtasanandreas.net looks like crossing your fingers worked,noVa.

yea but check out some of their topics in the sa-mp forum, in the modding section of this site. Sanandreas Multiplayer is not R* or MTA its just some new group that has formed to provide competition between them and MTA. Hopefully with all their competing to be better we will be able to decide which is the best to use for online play with GTA:SA. Ive only seen their test video in the VC test and im now leaning towards them. im already saying I want the test VC version as it looks much better than MTAs.

As far as I can tell, the biggest issue with these is that the players/vehicles move through the world in a really choppy way. If they could smooth that out, it would be awesome. If there's some limitation that makes this necessary, then I don't think any of these are going to work well.

And I don't think it'll ever be possible to have AI peds/vehicles given the really cumbersome way that modders are forced to work with the game. But that doesn't mean we couldn't get some really fun multiplayer racing modes.

As far as I can tell, the biggest issue with these is that the players/vehicles move through the world in a really choppy way. If they could smooth that out, it would be awesome. If there's some limitation that makes this necessary, then I don't think any of these are going to work well.

And I don't think it'll ever be possible to have AI peds/vehicles given the really cumbersome way that modders are forced to work with the game. But that doesn't mean we couldn't get some really fun multiplayer racing modes.

sanandreas multiplayer have, check their forums on gtaforums in the hosted mods section, or the sitethe choppiness is greatly improved but I dont know what kind of conditiion they tested this on though. If the amount of bandwith they used was unlimited then we dont know if it will work as wll with a normal broadband connection, say 1/2 meg.

rahkstar2.gif  sa mp i saw the trailer.all it was . was vice city.i want the city of san andreas and that is going to be made possible from mta sa. biggrin.gif

If you had read anything on the SA-MP website, you would know that they are simply developing and testing the core of the multiplayer mod in Vice City and that they will apply everything to San Andreas once it is released. I'm sure when both multiplayer mods are finished, they'll both have their own pros and cons, the MTA team just happens to have experience on their side.

Also, San Andreas isn't a city, it's a state, just so you know.

SA-MP has expierence on their side too. Most of the team are talented modders that worked on some vice or gta3 multiplayer mod in the past.