• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gotups294

The Ultimate San Andreas Stunt Guide

gotups294

The Ultimate San Andreas Stunting Guide

Updated July 8th 2005

Changed some more typos added tree bumps, added 2 vids. Gasoline 2 and Adrenalized.

Updated July 6th 2005

Change some Typos, added create a bumps, helpful PC mods, XBox/PC cheats, gangs only cheat, some more stunt videos.

Introduction- This is a complete guide to help you learn how to stunt in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Some of these are hard to learn others are easy. It takes time and effort to learn how, but once you do you will be a god to all the other people that cant do what you can do. Thats why I started.

What you need

1. I highly recommend getting 100% in the game and get all gang territories. Cars get double damage, by then you will have full bike/motorcycle skill, max health, and gangs will not bother you.

2. These are the vehicles you will need from most important to least important. NRG-500 (the best bike in the game, Banshee (super flips/spins with hydraulics, I'll explain later), Bullet (best all around vehicle), Infernus (for large gaps its the fastest car in the game), Turismo (best flipper and lightest super car). Each one needs hydraulics and Nitro. Don't forget to have the cabbie with hydraulics. You can also stunt with a Quad (behaves just like a car just slower and not as cool), BMX (fun), or the Jetmax and Squalo (strange stunts to watch). Use large vehicles for variety.

3. Max muscle, and have around 20% fat.

4. have save files that allow you to transport from one area to the net very quickly.

5. Packer in the Hashbury garage. Also know where the packer in LV spawns. Its at a gas station south of the ammu-nation, but north of the quarry.

6. Know the city well, drive around with the HUD and radar off to get a feel what the state is like with out it.

7. Have a unique out fit. This will be a good trademark if you make videos.

8. Complete Car and Motorcycle school

9. Ultimate stunter package gathered by Buzzsaw contains the following mods: Blue Skies, Enhanced Tire Traction, Pizzadox +27 Trainer, Garage Editor, SA Opened Up, Place Manager, SANGA, Transfender Overhaul Beta, No Rust/Dirt, a 100% complete game save, an american.gxt with the replay text removed, a list of useful keyboard cheats, [FP]SARAH(replay handler), Clock Advance, Sunlight 24/7, Empty Streets, SA Advanced Control, Stunt Traffic. NOTE: Stay away from the Enhanced tire traction mod, if you use it make sure you show it in the credits. PC Only

Car stunts

The flip- single and double flips are easily accomplished by letting go of X and moving the left analog stick in the direction of the rotation. The only way to get triple and even quadruple flips is by hitting a bump shortly after the ramp that will cause you to spin. Another way to do a flip is by hitting a bump straight on with a banshee in hydraulics. the Banshee does this the best. This will send the car flying getting quadruple digit rotation.

The corkscrew- again corkscrews are easily obtained by letting go of X and moving the left analog in the direction of rotation you want. Single corkscrews are very simple, doubles are a bit harder, but are possible. Triple and higher corkscrews would require you to hit a building with an entire side of the vehicle. Hard but possible.

Spins- the best way to do a spin is with the Banshee using hydraulics. instead of hitting a bump straight on to get a flip hit it at an angle to get a spin. Another way is by hitting the back or front side of the car against an object which would cause the car to rotate.

Grinds- Grinds with cars absolutely require you to have full driving skill. To grind you need to find an area where you can high center your vehicle. This could be the high way divider, a hand rail, or a fence( use a packer to fall on top of it). to get high centered on your target get some speed, and e-brake so the car turns sideways. On higher fences you can grind much faster by tilting the vehicle back so it make about a 45 degree angle. This will slide the car down the rail much faster.

Taxi Hydraulics- These are best used on the highway and are very fun to do. speed down the highway going into traffic. When you see a car getting close to you push the L3 button. as the taxi rises in the air you will hit the car and start to flip. By doing this double flips can be accomplished.

Packer stunts

Gaps- for gaps find something you want to cross, line up to the packer and reverse until you get a good distance away to hit the packer right (this is the only way to consistently avoid the uprights of the packer).

Car packer to Bumps- again you need to have a straight run up in the packer by reversing from the packer. find a bump that is just higher then the packer. i reccomend raising the Hydraulics for this. These will give you some nice flipage if one end of the car hit the bump.

Bike stunts

Spins- To get a good spin you need to find an object to hit with the back or front of the bike. You need to be in the air so you need to bump or ramp off of something.

Bumps- There are many kinds of bumps each bump will bump you differently and will require a different degree of lean back.

Roofs- hit a bump with the proper angle of wheelie and launch your self on top of a roof. The more speed the higher the bump, the higher you go on the bump the higher the roof you can land on. The higher the roof the more impressive the stunt.

Billboards- Same concept as roofing but with a complicated landing.

Curb Bumps, or the "Pole Vault"- I call this the pole vault because it appears you hit the back point of the bike against a curb launching you into the air. While you don't go very high you do get high enough to land on a fence and grind it. Just wheelie back on the bike all the way back. You have to time it right so that the sparks fly right when you pole vault into the air.

PV bumps, find a fence or other object that is parallel to curb, and runs perpendicular to the run up. polevault off the curb, and bump off the fence. if done right yu should be able to get on small buildings.

PV Grinds- just bump into the air and land on a rail and grind it down.

Grinds- To do a regular grind find a rail about waist high. Go into the rail, wheelie up and get high centered on the rail. Then just ride it down.

Air to Wheelie- to do this get some air, and while you land push the gas, pull back on the left analog stick, then release the gas. You will now be wheeling.

Air to Stoppie- to do this get some air, while still going up in the air pull back on the left analog stick. Then while you are coming down to land push up on the stick and hold break. Both tires should touch the ground, but the break and your momentum will cause you to stoppie.

Packer stunts- anything that involves the packer. The packer offers many different ways to stunt and are very interesting to watch.

Packer to bumps- find a ledge, ramp, or roof that is just taller then the packer. Get some speed, and then hit the packer then the bump. Most of the time you'll bump about 50 feet into the air. To bump into the 90's you'll have to hit both wheels on the bump one after the other. This will launch you on top of small skyscrapers! This is hard to do, the only person that has mastered it is Buzzsaw.

Packer to grind- find a fence that about the height of the packer. Make sure and keep this in mind. The more speed the cooler it looks but the harder the stunt gets because you tend to fall of the rail more. position the packer at an angle from the fence. When you are speeding up to the packer start turning while on the packer. This will start turning your bike as you get closer to the rail keep turning to get the bike perpendicular to the rail.

Packer to tree bump just like any other p2b only it's often times more challenging and instead of using a wall/fence/whatever you use a short tree. most of these trees are only solid up to the top of the trunk, which is the part you will bump when doing a p2tb. certain trees have a few solid branches at the top of the trunk which can throw you into a spin, so be warned. the p2tb technique makes many more roof jumps available. (By

Buzzsaw)

Create a Bump- the back portion of the packer can go through objects. knowing this put that end of the ramp through a barrier or something else low to the ground. By doing so you can create a bump that wasn't there before. Example. Put the back end of the packer through the highway barriers in SF, you now have a bump.

Ground Grabs- are very simple but cool to watch, position the bike near a roof, push the bike off the roof. As you are doing this push triangle, and you will be on the bike.

UPDATE: Get some air, and land so that the back section is flush with the ground. When you fall off the bike you will kind of smear along the pavement and the bike will tumble end over end. By this time you should be punching triangle like a madman. As the bike is still moving you will grab the bike and get on. (Discovered by Juan_Salad)

Car BumpsBasic concept wheelie back and hit a car going down the freeway. You will either fall off, fly back, or do a decent spin from 360-720 degree spin. Use an FCR or PCJ trust me it works a lot better. Make sure and have traffic on the freeways.

Boat stunts- Boat stunts offer variety and are cool to watch.

Corkscrews- go head on into a wall at an angle and slam into it. This will spin the boat.

Flips- In order to flip you must get air and then hit a solid object like a bridge on the back end to flip.

Roofs- Hit the shoreline and hope you stop on a roof.

Crazy Spins- To do a crazy spin you need to enter the water with the nose going straight down. Best spot to do this is the Sherman dam. Go straight into the dam, as you go up along the side the boat will spin. As you descend you will enter the water (make sure you are accelerating) and the boat will fly into the air spinning. As far as I can tell its a totally random happening that can occur on any attempt. (Discovered by LAD)

Be creative

BMX stunts- variety

Spins- hold down X and L1 while going parallel to a wall. Let go of L1 while going into the wall. This will spin you. Use the super bunny hop trick to go higher. Press circle as you release L1.

Airplane stunts- also add variety and are cool to watch.

Go under bridges- go under low bridges and gaps unscathed

Be creative

Cheats and Tips

Cheats

PS2 cheat

Wanted Level never increases- Circle, Right, Circle, Right, Left, Square, Triangle, Up. Don't want to get busted while stunting. Also for stunts that involve Area 69 and the Naval base.

No Hunger- Square, L2, R1, Triangle, Up, Square, L2, up, X. Don't want to see your hunger bar flash on the screen, it looks bad.

Maximum Vehicles Skills- Square, L2, X, R1, L2(2), Left, R1, Right, L1(3). If you are too lazy to max your stats.

Reduced Traffic- X, Down, Up, R2, Down, Triangle, L1, triangle, Left. Very helpful, you don't want to hit a car or ped as you are trying to stunt.

Gangs Only- L2, Up, R1(2), Left, R1(2), R2, Right, Down

All Cars Have Nitrous- Left, Triangle, r1, L1, Up, Square, Triangle, Down, Circle, L2, L1(2). Is your car out of Nitro? Put this code in.

Health/ Armor- R1. R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. You have to be alive! Enter this in a vehicle and the vehicle health is back to 100%.

Maximum Muscle- Triangle, Up(2), Left, Right, Square, Circle, Down. Too Lazy to Max out Muscle? Here you go.

Sports Car traffic- Up, L1, R1, Up, Right, Up, X, L2, X, L1. Need a fast car to stunt with?

Taxis Upgraded- Up, X, Triangle, X, Triangle, X, Square, R2, Right. Too Lazy to get 50 deliveries?

Speed Up Time- Circle(2), L1, Square, L1, Square(3), L1, L2, X. Hate the night time?

Sunny Weather- R2, X, L1(2), L2(3), Triangle. The Best weather to stunt in.

Midnight- square, L1, R1, Right, X, U(p, L1, Left(2) after you put this code in, die and it will always be 12:00. This combined with sunny weather gives you the best conditions to stunt in.

PC cheats

NATURALTALENT = Max All Vehicle Skill Stats

GHOSTTOWN = Reduced Traffic

SPEEDFREAK = All Cars Have Nitro

BIFBUZZ = Gangs Control the Streets

BUFFMEUP = Max Muscle

HESOYAM = Health, Armor, $250k

ASNAEB = Clear Wanted Level

AFZLLQLL = Sunny Weather

GUSNHDE = Traffic is Fast Cars

AEDUWNV = Never Get Hungry

VKYPQCF = Taxis Have Nitrous, L3 Bunny Hop

JUMPJET = Spawn Hydra

ROCKETMAN = Have Jetpack

Xbox cheats

Wanted Level Never Increases- B, Right, B, Right, Left, X, Y, Up

Maximum Muscle- Y, Up(2), left, Right, X, B, Left

No Hunger- X, White, R, Y, Up, X, White, Up, A

Maximum Vehicle Skills- X, White, A, R, White(2), Left, R, Right, L(3)

Taxi's have Nitro and Hydros- Up, Left(2), Down, B, X, L(2), White, R, Black

Sports Car Traffic- Up, L, R, Up, Right, Up, A, White, A, L

All Cars have Nitrous- Left, Y, R, L, Up, X, Y, Down, B, White, L(2)

Spawn Jetpack- Left, Right, L, White, R, Black, Up, Down, Left, Right

Gangs Only- White, Up, R(2), Black, Right, Down

Cloudy Weather, Black, A, L(2), White(3), Y

Reduced Traffic- A, Down, Up, Black, Down, Y, L, Y, left

Tips that haven't already been mentioned

If your vehicle rolls over and you are in a super car, then rock the car back and forth with the analog stick and the car will flip back over. Then You can continue stunting without having to reload.

Join gtastunting.com to learn from the best

To keep the NRG on the packer drive the NRG on the ramp, get into the packer and push the right analog stick up. This raises the ramp and keeps the bike on alot better.

Note; Dont put the bike on the bottom level it will get stuck.

When doing packer stunts make sure and get back in the packer after 5-6 attempts. The packer will disappear if you dont.

If you put the midnight cheat in, and then die it will always be 12:00.

To get a nitro shot right after one has been used just get out of the car and then get back in.

Need to find a vehicle? use this http://www.gtasanandreas.net/sam/

How to get the glitched NRG. Easiest way is to spawn a whole bunch of NRGs with a cheat device. After a while one will spawn with out and engine, Exhaust, or windscreen. The hard way is to find one that the game spawns.

If you put in the gangs only cheat, and the reduced traffic cheat there will be no cars and pedestrians instead of a few cars and no pedestrians if the traffic cheat was used by itself.

Conclusion- SA stunting is still in its infancy, more will be added to the guide as new stuff is discovered. All of these stunts take repetition and patience. It will take time but you to will be able to learn how to stunt. Most importantly be creative. Use these tips to do combinations of stunts.

view some stunt examples Link

Really good stunt videos to learn from

Beginners

Overload by Gotups lots of car flips, simple bike grinds, simple bike spins.

Turismo stunting by Gotups very simple car stunts, good for people who dont know anything about stunting.

Gasoline by Buzzsaw show how to do a variety of simple stunts.

Wreckless by Neo Many simple roofs

Intermediate

In GTA We Trust by Numdmind overall a good video to learn from

Adrenalator by Buzzsaw shows of the use of Hydraulics, also some good roof bumps and grinds.

Case Closed by Neo More complicated roofs

Adrenalized by Buzzsaw a wide variety of good all around stunts

cj's stunt compilation by Juan good overall stunts, also some boat stunts.

Advanced

SA Smackdown by Kaneda and Darkness Great vid, Definately the best PC stunt vid.

Killing Time by Buzzsaw and Juan A showcase of amazing packer to bumps.

Here to Stay by Gotups, Juan, Buzzsaw, and DeathCobra Featuring Nitzkit, this video shows how far stunting has come in the PS2.

Domination by Gotups, Juan, Numdmind, and Legoman First crew vid of SA, really good car stuntsand a variety of bike stunts.

Gasoline 2 by Buzzsaw spectacular bike stunts by a p2b whore

Adrenalend by Buzzsaw The best bike stunts, also a firetruck backflip.

Edited by gotups294

GTA_KILLER13

Very good job. cool.gif But i did'nt like the whole b2p2gs or whatever, just write it out. Other than that great job. Can't wait till you add more. You should get this pinned.

gtaman2

Yea this is a good guide. I LOVE IT. It should get pinned. But maby thats why they dont want noobs to be a mod. lol im jk. great guide tho i think its gonna get popular.

water boy

PIN, PIN, PIN, PIN, PIN, YEAHHHHHHHH!(screams and cheers)

Yeah, this should really be pinned. Extremely awesome guide by gotups.

wide_awake

hum... stunting competitions hu. sounds interesting. I agree that the p2bb thing is a bit confusing, have to look at the reference to know wat ur talkin bout but neway i like the idea. now all i hav to do is get the thing that allows you to make movies from the game, lol im behind times i guess suicidal.gif

I hear a PIN

Nice topic - there getting more scarce on here. lol

i give u a cookie cookie.gif

gotups294

Ill have movies up tommorow. Ill post examples at TGA, and you guys can download them. Ill change the p2bb thing

gotups294

Ok i posted the movie examples.

Balla_killer

wat to much 2 read mad.gif

YeTi

Whoah cool someone pin this. This has been helpful though. Well done.

sean "sweet" johnson

PIN! PIN! PIN! PIN! PIN! PIN!

well anyways awesome guide I know this will help some people (including me) but one question: how do you keep the nrg on the packer while your finding a place to stunt? it gets annoying to have to go back and put the darn nrg on there again.

EDIT: oh and you should add one more thing, watch yours and the rest of the stunters video's, including juan, buzzsaw and the others, they have really helped me stunt.

Edited by sean "sweet" johnson

gotups294

good idea, Ill add how to keep the NRG on the packer, and rated stunt videos.

fox09

Gotups, you should add some good stunting locations to that.

Other than that, awsome guide. cookie.gif

Edit: Oh yes, by all means pin this.

JDHJJ

Excellent guide. This should Definetaly get pinned.

Cookies are old so have a catloaf catloaf_by_anuj.gif and maybe a breadfish breadfish_by_Moto.gif

rah.gif

Kingjad

I believe there are other "how to stunt" topics. Maybe a merge of them would see this being a must-pin!

You forgot the bike stunt where you can bounce off cars. I'm still amazed how I jumped a bridge after ramping off an oncoming car and sailing over the peds below me. Still, good work, a large deal of effort went into this and I'd say it's worth a pin.

Kert

yeah good guide and gotups if u want i can send u a map with alot of grind locatons for bmx in LS (its not ready yet)

KingJelle

Respect ++++ tounge.gif

Confusion
Nice guide. Must have taken a while. You deserve a cookie.gif . smile.gif

Kippers

urm...i would quite happily read this. but the yellow is hard on the eyes sad.gif

turtle dick

A very usefull guide. You can expect a stunt video from me within a few weeks wink.gif

PIN, or atleast put a link to this next to the other Guides & walktroughs.

Blix

Great Thread you've set up here! smile.gif

it's a Great guide for the New Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Players.

after reading Your Guide they'll learn how to do Marvelous Stunts of Sanchez's and other Motor Vehicles. smile.gif

-Blix

gotups294

I wrote this because Im trying to teach people so I can recruit people to my crew.

gotups294

updated new information on groundgrabs thanks Juan.

Kingjad

I wrote this because Im trying to teach people so I can recruit people to my crew.

You're recruiting? Cool, wish I could join but...yeah, you all know why.

Guess I'm unofficially on it then wink.gif cracking bible, deserves a pin here or there...or maybe a link along the top row, PM a mod about it gotups. It's technically a walkthrough on how to do stunts so it's perfectly legitimate to go up!

EDIT: fixed quote, silly me quoted wrong post blush.gifsuicidal.gif

Edited by Kingjad

juan_salad

Cool I had'nt noticed you added my stunt, a link should be posted on the SA theater topic.

sean "sweet" johnson

hey, gotups, have you seen my vid? I wanted to know what you thought of it.

(not the editing or the quality, but of the actual stunts.)

Kingjad
hey, gotups, have you seen my vid? I wanted to know what you thought of it.

(not the editing or the quality, but of the actual stunts.)

Please use the PM feature to ask gotups questions like this. It's for stunting tips and stuff only, mate.

Speaking of which, where's the "how to use oncoming cars as ramps while on a bike" part of the guide?

Tril

I couldn't find it on there but what about 'Wall Rides'...

Wall Rides:

You get on a Motorcycle and go towards a wall and just before

hitting the wall pull back(Wheelie Position).The you will drive up

the wall and do a flip off of it and either turn while in the air(Turn

the back as if you were on the ground) or head straight(Don't try to

turn).

gotups294

tril, I wouldnt consider that a stunt becasue its not very impressive.

Kingjad, Ill get that up

Johnson, very nice stunts, but very hard to watch. If you are going to get serioud you are going to have to buy a capture device for about 40$. Or just wait for the PC version.

Kingjad
tril, I wouldnt consider that a stunt becasue its not very impressive.

Kingjad, Ill get that up

Johnson, very nice stunts, but very hard to watch. If you are going to get serioud you are going to have to buy a capture device for about 40$. Or just wait for the PC version.

And of course you have to have the right PC requirements to play San Andreas on your PC and there's other things as well...a video-card would be less hassle, plus the true great stunters are on PS2 cos it's easy to mod your way to success on the PC versions wink.gif

On a completely unrelated note, WOW this has got a pin! Superb stuff. I guess Buzzsaw was officially the first to use car ramping even though I was doing it before he made it into a video....

gotups294

got the car bump up