Question

jazz.

So, I want to turn movie files into gif's. (IE. My current avatar)

What program? What tutorials?

Help me out here, thanks.

No, I'm not sieg heiling. I'm waving bye.

-illy

SWEETSAPRIK

Well, there's probably a much easier way to do it, with a program that I don't have.

But I know that you can open it in windows movie maker, and pause it, then select create picture from preview, turning it into .jpg's, then paste those .jpg's into a graphics program (like gimp, or whatever you have) as different layers or frames, then save as a .gif. But there is probably a program that someone will link to that does it alot quicker and easier.

As long as its an .mpeg or .avi, you can just open it up in ImageReady or Animation Shop, allowing you to edit it from there, however, you'll usually need to cut it down to every 2nd or 3rd frame.

Well, there's probably a much easier way to do it, with a program that I don't have.

But I know that you can open it in windows movie maker, and pause it, then select create picture from preview, turning it into .jpg's, then paste those .jpg's into a graphics program (like gimp, or whatever you have) as different layers or frames, then save as a .gif. But there is probably a program that someone will link to that does it alot quicker and easier.

That's a good idea, it'll take alot of time though; if it's a long movie.

I believe you can get some software of some kind for this job, try here, search for the software you wish.

user posted image

With <3, Tsuroki