4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
HiImTimAndImAnAddict

Run over on the freeway

HiImTimAndImAnAddict

I've only seen this mention one other place (but not as a solution), but I've noticed early on that when you're on the freeway, you end up getting passed up by Perennials and Waltons like you're standing still tounge.gif

However, I've also noticed this *only* happens on the first game save slot. If I'm playing from a saved game that resides on slot 2 or higher on the memory card, the freeway cars' speeds are normal.

Is this all in my mind? Or can anyone else try it (or have tried it) to verify it?

Oh yeah, I know any time I create a new topic I get flamed, but since I'm wearing my flame-retardant trenchcoat, flame away. tounge.gif

Opius
No, it happens on all saved game slots. Rockstar got lazy when making the code for the highway traffic nodes.

NSX

Yeah I know, when riding my nice Infernus I have to use nos to not be passed by a Linerunner

HiImTimAndImAnAddict

I tried it again just to triple-verify it, I loaded a game I'd saved off the 3rd slot and jumped on the Julius loop in Venturas, and everyone drove as if they were on regular roads (though a bit faster, but not 300+mph wink.gif) If you get a minute and already have a game saved on the 2nd slot or higher, try it again and see. It's also possible I have one of those second recompilations of the game that has that glitch half fixed. =)

I don't really knock this glitch though...if I use the 'make car act like tank' cheat and the faster game play cheat twice, makes for a whoooole lotta fun with blowing up 15 car pileups. biggrin.gif

9 Ball

Its usually at the start of the bone county/whetstone/flint county when the CPU cars are accelerating, they go faster than a turismo with nos. But once you have gotten up to full speed in the middle of the freeway, u'll pass them with no problem (unless ur in a sh** tractor or street cleaner or something).

tommy vercetti guy

yeah, its pretty crazy on the freeways

i had trouble passing an admiral with a blista compact, and i was even using nitro.

BUT, i wonder how they can stop right away when you stand infront of them?

wide_awake
BUT, i wonder how they can stop right away when you stand infront of them?

Usually i get knocked down at least when i play hop schotch on the interstate tounge.gif

I really hate interstate travel, they always want to change lanes when you get to them, the jerky motion of the traffic is anoying, and most of all those FRIKEN motorcycles always get run over in front of me and the cycle somehow always bounces onto my windshield. lol it is pretty funny to see though.

WA

srg

Probably the city with the most dangerous freeway is Las Venturas, especially in the Julius thruway stretch. I don't think it's a glitch but intentionally made by Rockstar to add more adrenaline to that part of the game. You can get freakin unceremoniously wasted passing by there, and I always end up getting stars for being unable to control my temper and shooting motorists who dare bump my ride. angry.gif There's one place in San Fierro too, I think that's near the Van Horf(?) hotel , somewhere within the Calton Heights, that road that leads straight to the garage, where cars go strangely very fast going down the road and you can get hit badly. This stupidly posed some problems way back when I was doing 555 Wee Tip, where you have to drive the D.A's Merit without damaging it. But this is really cool, as it adds more challenge to you when hit the highway and especially if you're in a timed mission. Wish Rockstar would explore more on this area for the next GTA wink.gif

Edited by srg

anus
If you all think that is annoying, try going on the Julius Thruway North on a bicycle, mountain bicycle, or a BMX. The result would be unmentionable.

srg
If you all think that is annoying, try going on the Julius Thruway North on a bicycle, mountain bicycle, or a BMX. The result would be unmentionable.

Yeah, you'll be a highway mashed potato sad.gif

NSX

The CPU cars also have a traction like crazy! they can go around a corner at 300mph speeds wow.gif And they are sh*tty road users for driving on one lane and switching to the other when you pass them, or driving on the left lane and taking the exit at the last second angry.gif

Slamman

Who flippin cares? Now, really!?

Half the fun, if not more, is by the rapid fire traffic and crazed pileups. There are some people here and there who miss the humor boat, but this has by far, been the funnest, and sometimes enraging aspect of gameplay.

Sure, reality's stretched to the breaking point, but it is a game folks

Bill

Slamman

FYI, I feel this is accurate in bringing up but it took awhile to accur in my mind. The PS2 game processor is placing items on the roadway as you travel it, in doing so, something usually comes up that was not in a rea view you just did. If you experimented like me and switched views front to back, you'll notice the objects will come from the front if you are watching the rear. This can only be something planned in my mind, or just a result of the above mention, objects not in the distance, typically appear out of view. I have seen some items like guns appear in plain sight though. They are set to appear in a particular place, as the map drawing in appears as well.

Bill

Gregory

i know one time i was riding along with my jet pack at ground level and i got pumuled by a tanker it suks angry.gif

Stefan 'Jizzy' Cvetkovic

Yeah, you'll be a highway mashed potato sad.gif

Yum! I love mashed potatoes!