3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

New cheat from R*

skippysweet

I already figured it out, boo yah.

It's the "All taxis have nitrous" (without doing the fares) code.

Tested it by  starting a new game, jacking a taxi with it off, no nitro, when i turned the code on, that very taxi had nitro, so there it is.

this happened to me to but it also gave the taxi hydraulics.Is this really what what it does?!?

The hydro jump is another thing that comes with the nitrous, yes, but as far as I know, it's an exact copy of the other Taxis have nitro cheat, just with different buttons.

We'd have to drag in Edison and Skiller to get the real story behind it, see if they find any duplicate code around there.

blindsk8er6d9

Well, that sucks. I was hoping for a new cheat. well, konoko. You get a free hat.

shotupcrackdealer2
odd...it makes the little sign on the taxi's roof light up too...and taxi's signs never lit up before for me.

Viva Gta San Andreas.

i might try it but like, i dont want to now, cause it might stuff up my game.

Well, seeing as the magazine reacted as they did, saying that it indeed did not do what they were told it was going to do, I think it's safe to say that someone over at R* made a little mistake somewhere...

It is mad lame, though, I was hoping for something more important.

KingOfCrunck

maybe this is another do-nothing cheat. dontgetit.gif

If there was one do-nothing cheat there probibly has to be another.

Viva Gta San Andreas.

no no, it wouldnt be. with the armour cheat it gives you 250,000 bucks so maybe this cheat gives taxis nitro and hydraluics and something else?!?! cry.gif

Wow a free hat bored.gif I want a free hat so i can cover my head lol. Well who ever finds it Enjoy the hat... But hey make ppl happy.I think its he taxi one. Unless theirs more in the code.

rampage_ani.gif

It's true!!! The mystery cheat makes all taxis have nitro and when you press L3, you can jump with it.

I started a new game, did the mystery cheat, went in a taxi, stole it, press L1 or Circle and the taxi already had Nitro!!!!!!

Seems weird once again.......

EDIT: It's the duplicate of the other taxi have nitro cheat. I even tried it without having a memory card!

Old Taxi Have Nitro Cheat: Activate, never deactivate

New Taxi Have Nitro Cheat (Mystery Cheat): Activate, never deactivate

This cheat was so easy to find, it did not took an hour before "Konoko45" founded it. Cool.

I also don't think edisoncarter and Skiller saw this topic yet........... (Until after this post)

Edited by Jérémie Blanc

Here's an idea: read the topic. We've already found out what this cheat does. confused.gif

Now, since the magazine is saying that this cheat doesn't do what Rockstar said it should, I think either their PR people screwed up when sending them the information, or (more likely, considering there's already an identical cheat) they've unintentionally changed the cheats before release.

[EDIT]Touche, ballofsnow.

no no, it wouldnt be. with the armour cheat it gives you 250,000 bucks so maybe this cheat gives taxis nitro and hydraluics and something else?!?! cry.gif

Believe what you wanna believe, then. It's what you people do here, anyway, always looking for a second meaning when the first one doesn't sound right.

Hell, there's still people in denial of the Do-nothing cheat.

Viva Gta San Andreas.

i wasnt doubting you, dont get angry. just trying to get topic rolling and ideas floating biggrin.gif

skippysweet

wow that was anti-climactic... hey but theres still that free hat so it wasnt a totally lost cause

rampage_ani.gif

100%: The cheat is a copy of the cheat: "Taxies Can Jump And Have Nitro" (Without doing the taxi missions).

Cheat confirmed, let's get outta here (Sorry, I had to say that...).......unless there is more to be said?

You know in Skiller's website, (Cheat Active Jokered), there were some cheats that there was 2 of the same (Like "Infinite Ammo" and "Reduced Traffic"). Maybe edisoncarter will find those 2 of a same kind cheat in the future?

skippysweet

regarding the hat, yes check the first page and i think thats about it for this discussion oh and more about the interview, the lead level designer confirmed that there is nothing off the coast of SA just open water forever he also said yes when asked if there were any hidden events or secrets or secret characters hidden within the game. lastly he said that any UFO's or ghotss were unintentional and likely a glitch or something else

skippysweet

oh sorry for double post but was all peds elvis out already? if not its L1circletriangleL1L1squareL2updownleft it was also in there and i cant remember seeing it in the discovered codes list

templeballas

i think it makes people from one area, ex. hardhat workers - by the docks

go to somewhere like rodeo or LV

Topic re-opened. Apparently there's been some discrepency(sp?) as to whether or not this cheat is solid fact. We've received a couple claims that the cheat doesn't result in nitro-boost taxis 100% of the time.

If you find anything else out beyond what's already been suggested, please, feel free to post.

zUd3j4P.png

which issue of tips and tricks is this? The May issue? If so I will pick up a copy seeing as Tips and tricks is my favorite video game magazine. @skippysweet: Can you scan the image of the other code that you claim makes all peds elvis?

this cheat (i mean the first one) has the same effects like "taxis have nitros" because when you enter the cheat the taxis have nitros .. oh already confirmed.. mhh ok sorry for posting dozingoff.gif (can someone delete my post?)

ps.: i can confirm that this second cheat spawns elvis's

Edited by [enforcA]

edisoncarter

Yep, that's Elvis is Everywhere. That'll be handy to modify if you want a cheat code to just change the peds without changing traffic or clothes.

Hmm, what is R* up to now, finally releasing more cheats after these many months?

System Error
Hmm, what is R* up to now, finally releasing more cheats after these many months?

Marketing schemes! Of course, you have already foiled their plans, but odds are, they do not know about that right now seeing as how they released the Nitro Taxis. The next set of officially released codes will probably come out at the time of the PC/XBox versions.

edisoncarter

If that's the plan, we'll see more as the PC/XBox release date approaches.

I think the scavenger hunt they set up for magazine readers had to be deliberate. That was the very same cheat we had the same scavenger hunt with here, and really the only one hard enough to guess but not impossible. Maybe they even saw the fun scavenger hunt here and decided to play it again for the magazine readers.

nice peds one .. ya just noticed this thread .. well maybe will see the Last few codes come out then .. since R* is putting them out .. i think the reson that there putting them out now is once the PC ver is out ppl are goin to Hack them all for that .. and then just Find the equivlent buttons to the pc ver on the Ps2 ver (unless they have changed them to names as in type time1200 for one cheat and so on .. lol