4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

torvext

The Official Xtream Sports Guide

torvext

The Official Xtream Sports Guide!

If you have any information to submit please add a post with a marked ID with the Java map (http://www.gtasanandreas.net/sam/) With a Description, Vehicular Access, Location, and Difficulty.

And please add this to your signature

I Support The Official Xtream Sports Guide!

Grinding Guide

Basics:

First you need a bike... and of course a rail, it is easier to grind with thinner rails as fences etc...

Get a angle of 25-45 degrees (depending on your speed) and do a wheelie against the rail then press the analog forward so the front wheel goes down. For me at least it's easier to do rails on the right side (i'm right handed) but when you get better it gets easier on other side too. I tried and it works with 0 degree angle too but really hard to stay on the rail tho..

Railing:

The angle you should use is more bigger the less speed you have. If you are doing a fast rail you need about 2-3 bike lenghts and about 30 degrees to the rail, when you hit the rail with fast speed you must press analog to the right before you press it forward and right after you press it forward press it back left, so it's 90 degree to the rail, and then just start balancing your bike.

Tricks:

To make tricks on a rail you need a bit speed but not much. The ''basic'' trick is that after about 3 seconds of grinding you press the analog down and you should do a spinning trick, try to grind as long as possible to get the bike spin more. I don't know how to make other tricks, but there probably exist more.

You usually must have sparks, which means your bike is grinding a bit fast, to get better tricks.

Practicing:

You should start with thinner rails and then work you way up. The grinding skill will take some time to master but once you master this technique you should be able to tear some rails up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rails

Description: A S type rail.

Vehicial: BMX and Motorcycles

Difficulty: 4 out of 5 due to the S shape.

user posted image

Description: An area with some rails to grind

Vehicial: BMX and Motorcycles

Difficulty: 4 out of 5 due to some rails need jumping on.

user posted image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramps

Description: A ramp off of Mt. Chilliad

Vehicial: All Vehicals

Difficulty: Not Applicable

user posted image

Pools & Pipes

Description: A Huge pool with two half pipes.

Vehicial: BMX, Motorcycles, and Quad

user posted image

Description: An empty dry dock that came be used as a pool.

Vehicial: All Vehicals

user posted image

Stunt Videos

None as of Yet... please submit if you have them with a short description.

Credits

• gtasanandreasmaster - finding the grinding guide and locations
  • Stinger9 - locations
  • sean "sweet" johnson - locations

Edited by torvext

gtasanandreasmaster

ive got a doc somewhere when i find it i will post it

EDIT: found it hope this helps

1.Basics

First you need a bike.. and of ourse a rail (easier with thinner rails as fences etc..)

Get a angle of 25-45 degrees (depending on your speed) and do a wheelie against the rail then press the analog forward so the front wheel goes down. For me at least it's easier to do rails on the right side (i'm right handed) but when you get better it gets easier on other side too.I tried and it works with 0 angle too but really hard to stay on the rail tho..

2.Railing

The angle you should use is more bigger the less speed you have. If you are doing a fast rail (cooler) you need like.. 2-3 bike lenghts and about 30 degrees to the rail, when you hit the rail with fast speed you must press analog to the right before you press it forward and right after u press it forward press it back left ( so it's 90 degrees to the rail) and then just start balancing

3.Tricks

To make tricks on a rail you need a bit speed but not much. The ''basic'' trick is that after about 3 (not sure) secs of railing you press the analog down and you should do a spinning trick ^^ (try to rail as long as possible to get the bike spin more. I don't know how to make other tricks ^^ but there probably exist more.

You usually must have sparks (your bike rails a bit fast) to get better tricks

4.Practicing

You should start with thinner rails so a good spot is for example in fort carson near the cluckin bell on the railroad the fences (they are long and thin).

Edited by gtasanandreasmaster

torvext

thanks man

matheson030

I have been grinding with my NRG-500 all day and have only managed to do one grind although it did look pretty cool.

Zeek911

Just keep praticing and you'll get it. It took me like an hour to get the whole thing down.

matheson030

What whole thing down?

torvext

I think hes talking about grinding in general but someone should make a grinding guide with all the best locations and stuff catloaf_by_anuj.gif

matheson030

Yeah they should.

DigitalChaos

Can you grind on a BMX?

And on the pegs.

Carl CJ Johnson
Can you grind on a BMX?

And on the pegs.

The stunt pegs aren't solid neither are windmirrors and bumpers aren't its the actual front of the car that changes the image of the bumper when hit because when I did the glitch and cheat mod any car trick i put the front and back bumper of a Jester on a Blista and the far right of the bumper wasn't even on the car it was to the left so I hit the floating bumper and nothing happened I hit the car where there was no bumper and the bumper changed image to the smashed up one

torvext

is anyone willing to get started on a grinding guide?

GTA Life

I have'nt done a grind since Vice and evan in that I only could do it once, in this it's alot harder because

he does'nt ride the same in vice.

Kert

to torvexed: i was thinkin of doing a map where u can see the best rails and things, but i want to know if it has a point. would anyone be interested in it??

Phili G

That sounds good. We could all chip in on locations and someone adds them to a map.

ps. I did my first grind yesterday thanks to gtasanandreasmaster's guide.

gtasanandreasmaster

That sounds good. We could all chip in on locations and someone adds them to a map.

ps. I did my first grind yesterday thanks to  gtasanandreasmaster's guide.

so the guide atchually helped then

torvext

I think alot of people would be intrested and we could all chip in. I dont think many people really know about grinding. I didnt know until I saw it in a stunt video.

Can anyone take screen shots that would help for the guide.

Edited by torvext

Stinger9

I would but I have no D.Camara. Still grinding is as close to a proper trick as you can do on a BMX on this game. How bout an Xtreme Sports topic covering the best locations to grind and jump on bmx and where to Motor Cross!

EDIT:I am editing my sig to promote this idea biggrin.gif !

Edited by Stinger9

legoman

I need some grinding locations and tips aswell.

I can do some poor-average NRG grinds but cant find any good rails. Didnt know you could do tricks, ill try it later.

Ive done one very small BMX grind. Any tips on how to do them? I just fall off almost instantly.

Any good places for taxi grinding? Need some thicker walls really and I have only found a few. Taxis dont jump as high as they did in VC so its a bit more difficult now.

I have a capture device so I can get some screenshots for ya.

gtasanandreasmaster

what capture device plz tell how to and what to buy

legoman

I got this card. Cant record sound from PS2, but can from TV.

Useful link, you can ask questions about capture cards in there. Mxyzptlk should be able to answer most questions.

gtasanandreasmaster

I got this card. Cant record sound from PS2, but can from TV.

Useful link, you can ask questions about capture cards in there. Mxyzptlk should be able to answer most questions.

i have a tv tuner card in my pc but it only has rf conection so i got an rf conection for my ps2 pluged it in and it worked but it responds about 3 seconds late i dont know y is it cos i dont have much ram i obnly have 512 mb ram

i have 200gb

torvext

I would but I have no D.Camara. Still grinding is as close to a proper trick as you can do on a BMX on this game. How bout an Xtreme Sports topic covering the best locations to grind and jump on bmx and where to Motor Cross!

Yes an Extream Sports topic would be a great idea, and a lot of calaberation is need though.

Edit: Here Is my first contribution.

Description: A S type rail accessable to BMX and Motorcycles.

user posted image

**********Should I make a new topic that says "The Official Xtream Sports Guide"? or can a mod change the title of this thread?**********

Edited by torvext

gtasanandreasmaster

Yes an Extream Sports topic would be a great idea, and a lot of calaberation is need though.

Edit: Here Is my first contribution.

Description: A S type rail accessable to BMX and Motorcycles.

user posted image

**********Should I make a new topic that says "The Official Xtream Sports Guide"? or can a mod change the title of this thread?**********

i think u should start a new topic cos then just maybe it will be pinned

oh and im adding I Support The Official Xtream Sports Guide!

to my signiture

Edited by gtasanandreasmaster

Viva Gta San Andreas.

yes but the 'The Official Xtream Sports Guide' has got to have heaps of stuff like not just grinding, other stuff you know. it would be cool!

gtasanandreasmaster
yes but the 'The Official Xtream Sports Guide' has got to have heaps of stuff like not just grinding, other stuff you know. it would be cool!

i know

maybe we would make a motor cross tornimunt u know get to one place beat each overs time like the street raceing one

Viva Gta San Andreas.

nah cause some people might cheat..... die.gif

gtasanandreasmaster
nah cause some people might cheat..... die.gif

they'll have to upload a video of the race 4 proof

Viva Gta San Andreas.

ah i see....

it would be extra cool if you film a stunt that you do....not a full video cause like a 10 second clip.... im an expert on boats, so i can do boats confused.gif

gtasanandreasmaster
ah i see....

it would be extra cool if you film a stunt that you do....not a full video cause like a 10 second clip.... im an expert on boats, so i can do boats confused.gif

u could make a contribution to the guide by posting how to do stunts in the boats of san adnreas and where to do them

Kert

yeah we should all to this guide together and lets satart posting our footage of grind and maybe we can make a good grind movie( the best footage will get in the movie and stuff) im already marking locations in LS where u can grind and someone should start with SF and LV too. ok bye