3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The ghost island from liberty city

OC Noob

They'll probably just finish off the blocked off tunnel in SSV. Atleast I hope, that thing bugged the hell outta me. I was always trying to figure out where it goes.

That would be nice, but I wouldn't count on that happening.

I thought the country idea was going to be used in GTA 3, then I guess R* found out the whole country idea was to big for PS2.

Well I have come to the conclusion about Gta 3 and the ghost town, there was originally another town/village or whatever you like to call it there. This is where the original cutscene was filmed and whi Liberty City Bank is on the bank (so it is not in another city, lot of people though it was in a diff city coz they couldnt find it ingame)

Then they found out the game was too big or whatever and took it out but left this small part of it there (ghost town) because of the cutscene. this would explain why it is so close to land and in shorside vale.

One guy said when he was flying there there were names of towns coming up on the screen (he said it said something like aaronville) which would have been the name of this town that was originally there.

So hopefully they will put it back in which would be really really cool.

you may be right about it being another island being taken out. I forgot about the blocked tunnel. I always assumed it was just a cutscene place, like the cutscene places in the sky in SA, and (I think) the cutscene places inside unenterable buildings in vice.

about the town names, those were just easter eggs. I've flown over them a lot and there is at least 4 or 5 I've seen, pretty close together. I doubt their original intent was to make a bunch of cities. they are probably names of developers.

I dont think they could fit another island on a UMD thats only 1.8GB. Whith all these improvments too. I really doubt it.

They'll probably just finish off the blocked off tunnel in SSV. Atleast I hope, that thing bugged the hell outta me. I was always trying to figure out where it goes.

They won't finish off the tunnel. GTA:LCS takes place in '98, 3 years before GTA3. So I'm assuming the tunnel would only be in its very beginning of being built, or it won't be there at all. The Ghost Town probably won't be included, either, as the bank probably won't be used in the beginning cutscene of LCS, so there's no need for it to exist. I still don't understand why the bank wasn't somewhere IN Liberty City to begin with...

Not neccecarily(sp?). To me, the tunnel didn't look like it was under construction, it looked more like it colapsed, and was in the midst of being repaired. So, really, this tunnel could still be there, and for some reason, it caved in, somewhere inbetween LCS and III.

it would be great that in this game the tunnel was finished and you could go back and forth from the ghost town. Than near the end of the game in a mission, Tony has to blow up the tunnel because hes being chased or a mob boss tells him too. that would make sense why the tunnel is under construction in 3.

To me, the tunnel didn't look like it was under construction, it looked more like it colapsed, and was in the midst of being repaired. So, really, this tunnel could still be there, and for some reason, it caved in, somewhere inbetween LCS and III.

Yep. And don't forget, the Porter Tunnel was also closed until you unlocked SSV. (Something about earthquake damage, iirc).

What happened to the motorcyles in gta3, if they're in LCS, 1998, then shouldn't they be in gta3, 2001? The city would had to have banned them, but then why?

The bike textures in Vice City had second license plates for - gasp - Liberty City!

So, you're against adding new features because of cronology issues?

GTA3 has no bikes, a pager, and a plane that was purposely hard to fly (due to the city not being 100% finished). While both VC and SA have bikes, proper flight physics (including helicopters), and even cellphones, and both games are set before GTA3.

Edited by [4D]Outback

the map of the area behind the tunnels are countryside. as shown elsewhere on this forum. so unless avery corrington shows up and starts building ...um buildings and selling them its gonna stay countryside.

thats not a bad idea. the cities in gta need to show growth if they want to show a living city.

I'm not going to be getting this game, but I REALLY want to see how they make Liberty City look. I'm going to have to look at a lot of screens and stuff.

So do you think they'll take advantage of this plot of land and finish developing it for GTA:PSP?

lmao.

Ghost town is a area where the opening cutscene takes place, as Rockstar could not fit it into the already squished Liberty City. Its no Ghost Town, just a movie set.

one time i was trying to get past them things that block the tunnel.so i threw some grenades at it.all the blockers fell over.i thought 'i can finally go back there!' i walk up to thr open tunnel and i cant go through because there is an invesible blocking it. mad.gif

What happened to the motorcyles in gta3, if they're in LCS, 1998, then shouldn't they be in gta3, 2001? The city would had to have banned them, but then why?

I'm sure that on one of the Radio Stations in LCS there would be some debate over the safety of Bikes and Helicopters in the State and that there is a proposition/city vote coming up that looks like it's likely that it will suceed or some excuse like that.

Also, maybe one of the Radio Stations would also have some excuse/explanation about the Blocked Tunnel

And the Ghost Town would never be in LCS. It was never intended to be a 'town' or city, it is obvious by the design that it is there purely for the Opening Cut Scene and was never meant to be 'finished' into a solid area. Even if Rockstar had time to do more work on GTA3 they wouldn't make it solid because they never intended for it to be visitable. And it was probably one of the first places in the map that was programmed in because they would of worked on the Intro pretty early in development.

Edited by SMG