4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
colp4k

F1 New Generation

cice

I also think MS will win. I have a feeling that he'll get on pole, or second, and as soon as the race starts, he'll drive off into the distance, and the only time someone will see him, will be in their mirrors before he laps them.

I disagree about montoya being anonymous in the first two races, he did finish 4th in Malaysia.

Dave
I disagree about montoya being anonymous in the first two races, he did finish 4th in Malaysia.

Yes, but we actually see him? He was also boosted by the trend of the fore running cars falling off the road.

vALKYR

Apart from Alonso's Victory in San Marino, all his other wins (Hungary, Malaysia, Bahrain) were quite anonymous, too.

Taste Of Chaos

might be a bit random but last year i emailed them as a joke to ask if they could make micheal schumacher drive backwards, lol

Edited by taste of chaos

Chunky Lee Chong
might be a bit random but last year i emailed them as a joke to ask if they could make micheal schumacher drive backwards, lol

Please, stop talking.

You're not funny.

cice

Are any of you guys following the BAR case? If you don't know about it, apparently after the Imola race, when JB's car was weighed without fuel, it was under the minimum 600kg by about 6kg. BAR officials gave the stewards an explaination and the stewards thought it was ok, but now the FIA is challenging that decision made by the stewards.

The hearing is starting very soon, or might have already, I don't know about the time zones, but it's suppost to be on Wednesday. It's pretty serious, the FIA is pushing for a ban for the 2005 season and a 1 million euro fine. It coule have a serious effect on the whole season, because I've heard a lot about there having to be 20 cars on the starting grid, under the concorde agreement. With BAR banned, it'll only be 18. Although, I doubt it will come to that.

vALKYR

The BAR Formula 1 team has been banned for the next two races after they broke FIA regulations the FIA announced in a statement today, Thursday. The team will miss the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend and the Grand Prix of Monaco in two weeks time. The team also lost their points scored in the San Marino Grand Prix.

They deserved it. Play fair or don't even bother to play at all.

Wheelman

I take it you're not particularly familiar with the politics of F1 at the moment - considering Honda is one of the manufacturers pushing the threat to set up a rival breakaway series if Bernie Ecclestone doesn't relinquish his iron grip upon the fortunes to be earnt through the sport. wink.gif

cice

I take it you're not particularly familiar with the politics of F1 at the moment - considering Honda is one of the manufacturers pushing the threat to set up a rival breakaway series if Bernie Ecclestone doesn't relinquish his iron grip upon the fortunes to be earnt through the sport. wink.gif

Even I don't trust the FIA, but I don't think this was a plan by the FIA to strike the fear of God into the hearts of the manufacturers threatening to break away. I think BAR actually did cheat/interpret the rules incorrectly.

I don't know the full details of it all (I don't think anyone does). But if BAR cheated, they deserve to be banned for longer. If they didn't, bring on the GPWC.

Wheelman
Even I don't trust the FIA, but I don't think this was a plan by the FIA to strike the fear of God into the hearts of the manufacturers threatening to break away.

No, not a plan, most likely grabbing an opportunity. After all could you imagine the FIA coming along and reversing the steward's decision on the legality of the car if the team in question was ferrari? wink.gif

There is precedent set for situations like these: in 1994, benetton was caught using an illegal traction control system. Although the device was there, it was impossible to prove it was used during the race, so the team only got fined (IIRC) and ordered to remove it. It was impossible to prove whether Button's car was underweight during the race - in fact BAR and the race stewards say they examined the raw data which indicated the car was not underweight, hence the stewards initially approving the car, but then the FIA comes along and demands the car be stripped down and then tries to get the team thrown out the rest of the championship???

Chunky Lee Chong

What happened to Button and BAR was terrible, but I'm going to tell you lot about my day.

I went to Montmelo today and it was very exciting. My father and I went on motorcycle, and when we got there we found out they didn't sell individual tickets except on Sunday for the race which was all sold out. So we start walking around the track trying to find a way to get in and we see this guy and he lets us in for twenty euros. Not too bad. We find a great seat at the starting grid and see all the cars go by, etc. de la Rosa was fastest in the morning session with Kimi and Alonso up there aswell.

First session ends so we buy some hats (I got Kimi and my father Schumi) and we go get some sandwiches and see the booths and stuff. I take a gander at the M6 they had displayed and then my dad wanted to see Ferrari F1 car. We see that, explore the track and find new seats near the first corner chicane which lets us see the starting grid, chicane, first few turns and then another part of the track that leads towards the east part of the track. Good spot.

At the beginning of session 2 it was Zonta who set the pace in his Toyota until the last ten minutes or so when de la Rosa took the fastest lap, yet again. Kimi was up in third and Alonso was down in eighth while Schumi wasn't even on the top ten.

GREAT DAY IT WAS.

cice

JT on provisional pole in Spain, but there are 5 4 drivers behind him that are close enough to get pole, with there being less than 3 tenths separating the top 6 5. MS in 7th might find it hard being 6 tenths back.

Sounds like you had a great day chunky, but I guess you wont be going to the race with it being sold out.

EDIT: Heidfeld can't get pole because he has a penalty for changing his engine.

Edited by cice

vALKYR

Mkay, Montoya, Webber and Raikkonen are the ones who did awesome business in the 2nd Qualifying.

I put all my money on Raikkonen, he's going to win this race, for sure. McLaren is doing an outstanding job so far; and with a new engine this can mean some wonderful stuff for McLaren.

cice
Kimi will win...if his car lasts the distance.

Chunky Lee Chong

I'm hoping that Kimi will bring in a win.

They're talking about how they just got news about the princess from Asturias being pregnant and how Alonso should win and celebrate the pregnancy with the victory. What bullsh*t.

vALKYR
Kimi will win...if his car lasts the distance.

New engine, pissed off driver, new aerodynamics = Win.

I have spoken.

colp4k
kimi = Ganador.

vALKYR

Didn't I tell you ? But what do you expect from the forum mothman tounge.gif

Awesome win I must say, "too bad" Bridgestone has sh*t tires biggrin.gif I was very satisfied about the performance of McLaren today. I was a bit dissapointed with Montoya though. He has great potential but somehow it doesn't come out.

Chunky Lee Chong
kimi = Ganador.

HURRAH.

My father enlightened me on Schumi's strategy. He fills his tank up as much as possible and stays out on the field for a really long time, like half the race, goes in, fills it half way and flies through the race. I told him that's gambling the race, which is retarded. Oh, and Montoya suck and so does Wurz.

GO DE LA ROSA!

{Matty}{Vice}

Great to see Raikonnen winning again smile.gif

Chunky Lee Chong
Great to see Raikonnen winning again smile.gif

Since he has only won twice in the past two years.

tounge.gif

cice

Nothing was going to stop kimi yesterday, great race by him.

Pretty boring race overall though, imo.

Pump Bumper

yeah...usually a race where the leader can make short stint at the start without even losing the lead when he pits is a sign of a non-exciting race. how about webber's block? classy cool.gif

Chunky Lee Chong

The only thing that was interesting about the race was Alonso slowing down due to some problems in his wheels, Montoya spinning out and Schumi popping both tires. Other than that, it sucked.

I want the first chicane crashes to return.

vALKYR
The only thing that was interesting about the race was Alonso slowing down due to some problems in his wheels, Montoya spinning out and Schumi popping both tires. Other than that, it sucked.

I want the first chicane crashes to return.

Remember Nurbürgring 1999 ? Now that was a first chicane crash!

Please don't mention that crash in Monza (2001)

But yeh, the races could give more action but hey, when Schumacher always won, was it better ? No, so this is quite an improvement.

Azazel

Just catched the end of todays training for the upcoming La 1™ Grand Prix de Monaco 2005.

Alonso was fastest, followed by Wurz, and Coulthard took the 3rd spot. Iceman was the 6th fastest. Schumi ended in the middle of the field in an 11th place, as his teammate took 15th.

Looks quite interesting for the Red Bull team. Shall be interesting. I've always loved the Monaco cirquit. ~az

cice
I've been looking forward for this race for a while. It's always an interesting race, wont have much overtaking, but there's always drama. One of the best, if not the best, race on the F1 calendar.

Chunky Lee Chong
Even though I don't personally like Monaco, I'll be watching the race because I'm trying my best to watch the whole season even though I stopped watching Imola after Kimi's car died because I was really pissed off.

vALKYR

Even though I don't personally like Monaco, I'll be watching the race because I'm trying my best to watch the whole season even though I stopped watching Imola after Kimi's car died because I was really pissed off.

Me too. If Raikkonen DNF's, I'm out catspider.gif

First Training in Monoca went to McLaren, 2nd to Renault. Ferrari = lose.

Also, the qualfiying might be changed before the Nurburgring wow.gif

Oh, and kimi owns <3 True Story (-vAL saturday after watching qualifying #1)[/b]

btw, I call every F1 Fan to take this Official FIA Survey: Click Here.

Edited by vALKYR™

cice

You shouldn't stop watching just because your fav is out. That's not cool.

Great Q2, alonso tried to take Kimi, but couldn't do it, now he might be low on fuel, and stuck behind a heavy kimi. Interesting.

I can't wait till the qualy is changed.