4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Tommy Vercetti 'Mr.V' Vs Carl Johnson 'CJ'

Nico_Toscani_

Nico_Toscani_

Well In my opinon i love Tommy Vercetti, he's a badass Don sly.gif , Cj is not what i would want for a character to play as, i prefer the mafia to some street thieves. Tommy i think would win. hes funnier than Cj like when he says, 'I did ure wife u poor B*****d and remember the name VERCETTI! i cant remember any of cj's i wonder why confused.gif ...lol. if they had the same abilities who would win cj or tommy.v?VICE CITY RULES!!!!

Edited by Nico_Toscani_
JSAN ANDREAS

CJ would win. Tommy was the man in VC, but Carl just blows him away just cause the fact that he can do so many more thigns than Tom. Like swim and climb fences.

But, if Tommy and CJ had the same abilities? Hmm..I dunno who'd win. It's real hard to consider. smile.gif

The_Real_Deal
Does CJ have his own team of bodyguards? I don't know, I've never played SA. CJ is from the hood, but Tommy is a bad mofo, with good connections.
JSAN ANDREAS

Does CJ have his own team of bodyguards? I don't know, I've never played SA. CJ is from the hood, but Tommy is a bad mofo, with good connections. 

No he doesn't have bodyguards.Cj has his own gang that you can recruit up to 8 ppl.

Edited by JSAN ANDREAS
saintdave

Tommy has the money, CJ has the style, I cant see either one being better I like them both, dont forget Claude

I reckon Tommy Vercetti is better than Carl.

Tommy has the money and the connections all around Vice City. The only things going for CJ are his abilities like jumping fences and swimming. If you gave Tommy the same abilities Carl had, Tommy'd be the better one hands down.

• Like 1
The_Real_Deal
Verctti is better but in a fight CJ would own. sly.gif

Then again, while Tommy and CJ were fighting, I think "Claude" would just blow them both away and take both their lunch money.

ForteZeppelinX
Actually, nothing says that only CJ can swim. They just didn't introduce the new ability until you played as CJ. Doesn't mean Tommy or Claude can't. They just never bothered to try biggrin.gif
GTA Waffle
Verctti is better but in a fight CJ would own.  sly.gif

Then again, while Tommy and CJ were fighting, I think "Claude" would just blow them both away and take both their lunch money.

Claude for badass of all tiime rah.gif

Spuds725

Note-- I'm not comparing the games--only the characters/circumstances in the games.

Tommy worked for others early on--then controlled his own destiny toward the end of the game-- he ran the town at the end of the game.

CJ was was pretty much Everybody's b!tch through the whole game (more along the lines of Fido)-- yes he became more powerful but was a victim of his circumstance throughout the game-- he was forced/coerced to do almost everything- by his sister, Tenpenny, Cesar, Sweet, his responsibility to his gang, Toreno.... wuzi's missions were more of a means to an end.

Tommy was only a victim through the opening cutscene-- I guess you could say he was a victim of Lance's treachery and incompetence--but that problem got solved at the end.

Spuds

tommy vercetti guy

CJ is the best because Tommy is just some wannabee!

well, not really......

anyways, i say CJ cause he just look cool wearing gangsta clothes that some guy wearing clothes like hes a swimming pool cleaner tounge.gif

JSAN ANDREAS
Actually, nothing says that only CJ can swim. They just didn't introduce the new ability until you played as CJ. Doesn't mean Tommy or Claude can't. They just never bothered to try biggrin.gif

Oh yea, Nothing duz say only CJ can swim. Yet, when I go in the water with Tommy, he dies.

Nico_Toscani_

Cj is more of a wannabe that Mr.Vercetti c'mon he's part of the mafia, these guys cement ure shoes and throw u into the sea or put a hit on u, whereas gangbanging is what cj is best at only. and i said if they had the same abilities including jumping the fence mr.v, eveything CJ can do got that? who is the guy anyway who does CJ? most ppl kno tommy's voice Ray liotta from goodfellas, no escape (used as a mission in vice city) there was another 1 used 2 oh yeh copland. the missions were quite cool for tommy like 'messing with the man' and things that tommy said were funnier. cj's didnt't make me laugh. Tommy: i think i prefer the cash than being bounced on ure lap amigo!' or one of the baddest lines was No, i just wanted 2 p!ss u off b4 i kill u to sonny forelli lol! total badass line!

LP_Reanimator

-Indeed-Definitely Tommy Vercetti. He doesn't take crap from anyone, and he's a badass. CJ's just a little bitch that can be mainpulated and decieved.

Sorry for the bad language but it's all true.-Indeed-

The_Real_Deal
Oh yea, Nothing duz say only CJ can swim. Yet, when I go in the water with Tommy, he dies.

Apparently, nobody in Vice City can swim. People by the light house in Vice Beach jumping off the dock like lemmings and drowning. Nuts.

This topic is about Tommy and CJ, but I think "Claude" should be in the running too. He's a tool, but he's coldly efficient. Plus he's got those crazy gun moves.

ForteZeppelinX
I haven't played SA yet, but I don't think that matters. Tommy Vercetti was my favorite character from Vice City. He was cool and he came up with solutions to about everything, even if they were outrageous biggrin.gif
PresidentKiller

Well, I've only played San Andreas once (at a friend's house) so I don't know him very well, so, in this case, Tommy is the one.

But, as I said in other topic, Claude is the coolest. sly.gif

Professional Moron

I think tommy is cooler than cj. I dont know why, i just do.

Nico_Toscani_

Thats true about what u sed that tommy comes up with teh things by himself Lance: 'we kno it was diaz who ruined our deal, so why are we running erands 4 him?' Tommy: the more we do now, the less we need to do when we take this town over' or somethin like that. i didnt think tommy was gonna be in san andreas anyway. i think if they make a nxt 1 i either hope u can be tommy again and make it a sequel to vice city, or tommy being in the next gta as a boss to wrk 4 but NVR 2 KILL HIM! I WOULDNT WANT THAT mad.gif! btw did u notice that if u play vc after san andreas everything is faster, u find cj slow even when he is running at his fastest or when a super gt is going as fast as it can go. lol even a perennial was fast in vc! i loved tommys soiree, outfit the one in the party mission but his street outfit is the thing that makes u kno its him straight away, the hawaiian t-shirt and blue jeans and white adidas look a like trainers!

CJ kicks Tommy's asshole.

CJ swims, dual wields, parachutes, gets buff, chooses his own clothes, and overall pwns tommy. Tommy isnt as advanced...

PresidentKiller

Tommy isnt as advanced...

Because he's the character of a previous game!! Claude couldn't ride a bike or fly a helicopter because he was also a character from a previous game!!

Do NOT compare characters for their abilities, that's just stupid... in this case (abilities) of course CJ would win... dozingoff.gif

EDIT: Corrected to give more clarity...

Edited by PresidentKiller
GTA Waffle

If we are comparing the Characters and not abilities the vercetti is really better.

CJ is beter, because Tommy's gang members sit there and only shoot other gang members that come close to them, CJ can recruit up to 12 Grove Street Family members that have better guns and are cooler.

Besides that Tommy can't swim LOL "You can do it Tommy, just don't be scared of the water!"

And CJ has a tank and a jet outside his house!! (100% completion required)

It's obvious who wins!!

CJ!!!!!!!!!! rah.gif

Nico_Toscani_

Actually Tommy's gangs guns are much more cooler than cj's gang , tommys gang have uzi 9mm's, which are far more powerful than crappy tech-9s seriously!!!! besides u cant recruit 12 members, only 7 thats 4 more than what u can recruit in vice city. Anyway, u can recruit in vice city, when u finish the game 100%, go in the bar in the vercetti mansion and three gang members will be there with pink markers near them 2 recruit. and if u wanna go long distances, say from los santos to san fierro, or vercetti mansion to ocean beach, and have gang members with u, u will only be able to take three cos thats how many u can take as a maximum in a car, for both gta vice city and Sad Andreas. who cares about the jet and the tank outside grove street its well s**t!!!! it wasnt anythin special, firstly the jet is crap to fly it would be good if it was a real jet, and the tank wow so wht u can spawn it! the 100% rewards from san andreas dnt get me wrong but are TOTALLY s**t. obviously ppl wuld say things about tommy's swimming that he doesnt have the ability to, and cj can but Sad Andreas was made after vice city, so obviously he would be able to it was an improvent from vice city. forget the abilities, whos better, DNT LOOK AT ABILITIES OR GAMES COS ONE IS MADE AFTER THE OTHER! look at the characters who is better Tommy or Cj. say R* were askin ure opinion, who to use as a character, and they said Tommy a mafia don or Cj a street gang leader (actually not really his brother is) which sounds better, and which would u Choose?!

Edited by Nico_Toscani_
PresidentKiller
Actually Tommy's gangs guns are much more cooler than cj's gang , tommys gang have uzi 9mm's, which are far more powerful than crappy tech-9s seriously!!!! besides u cant recruit 12 members, only 7 thats 4 more than what u can recruit in vice city. Anyway, u can recruit in vice city, when u finish the game 100%, go in the bar in the vercetti mansion and three gang members will be there with pink markers near them 2 recruit. and if u wanna go long distances, say from los santos to san fierro, or vercetti mansion to ocean beach, and have gang members with u, u will only be able to take three cos thats how many u can take as a maximum in a car, for both gta vice city and Sad Andreas. who cares about the jet and the tank outside grove street its well s**t!!!! it wasnt anythin special, firstly the jet is crap to fly it would be good if it was a real jet, and the tank wow so wht u can spawn it! the 100% rewards from san andreas dnt get me wrong but are TOTALLY s**t. obviously ppl wuld say things about tommy's swimming that he doesnt have the ability to, and cj can but Sad Andreas was made after vice city, so obviously he would be able to it was an improvent from vice city. forget the abilities, whos better, DNT LOOK AT ABILITIES OR GAMES COS ONE IS MADE AFTER THE OTHER! look at the characters who is better Tommy or Cj. say R* were askin ure opinion, who to use as a character, and they said Tommy a mafia don or Cj a street gang leader (actually not really his brother is) which sounds better, and which would u Choose?!

Of course Tommy, he rules.

And Tommy's gang is cool too, a bit stupid sometimes, but I like it and the fact that I think all of them are named Mario is funny... lol.gif

ghostchild

Got to say Cj's gang! Since you can do so much more with them.. Vercetti gang you can.. eeeh.. shot at them? lol

holdenrulz

But we are comparing characters and not there ablilitys it everything was the same except between CJ and Tommy V then who would be better??

Tommy V would because CJ has no real depth he never has anything interesting to say and lets face it he's dumb as all hell.

So yeah tounge.gif thats my 2 cent's