3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How Bad Do You Want A PSP/GTA PSP?

gtapsp

The resolution, if you measure it in the total number of pixels, as it is usualy done, is signifficantly lower than that of any plasma screen. However, the number of pixels per unit area is a lot greater, which creates an illusion of higher resolution.

At first, I didn't really want the PSP that much. I told myslef, "Eh, maybe I'll gte it in a year when the price lowers. But DAMN did my mind change today! I went to someone's house who had it. I played Twisted Metal:Head On and it had awesome graphics! I thought it was gonna be graphics like all the other Portable systems. But, I was DEAD wrong. I also found out that it plays movies. I was watching Spider Man 2 on it and it was just like watching regular tv. It also stores photos and plays music files. Foget the mp3 player I was gonna buy! This thing hads everything and is only $250! My dad said he'll lend me money to get it! WOOHOO! rah.gif

Well, I really want it and I'm saving up and all, but my job pays $10 per week. That's gotta mean something, I just don't know what... tounge.gif

For some reason, I don't feel like getting it. I don't know why! It has awesome graphics, it plays movies, it plays music, but I don't feel like buying it. I don't know. Maybe it's because I just woke up and I'm not in the mood for anything.

EDIT: Holy crap. It comes with a free Spiderman 2? I really want it now!

nikka camrone69

Well the PSP is a great system and everything, but somehow i really dont think it's worth it with the dead pixels it has, I will get it when it goes down in price though...

Not everyone has dead pixels... Lots of people's are perfect... If you get the Best Buy extended warrenty, you can swap them out as often as you want if there is a dead pixel, so really it's a mute point.

I'm only buying a PSP if/when the price goes down.

P.S. Can you play anyone in the coutry wirelessly?

Wireless on PSP can work in one of the two ways:

1) Connect up to 16 players who are located within 30-60 meters/yards of each other.

2) Connect you to the internet, but for this you have to be within 30-60 meters/yards of a wireless internet router, or in a so called Wi-Fi hot spot. Then, if the game supports it, you can play against other people who have their PSP connected to internet. It is fairly easy to set up your own hot spot if you have broadband internet. All you need to do is buy a wireless router (make sure it supports 802.11b), install it between your Cable or DSL modem and your PC, and set it up.

not excited at all because it is a very small space one the UMD will take a lot of compression that means take out things or tune down graphics so meh I will just wait and see.

You are not well informed UMD disks have a higher capacity

than the Nintendo GameCubes opical disks..!

Nintendo Game Cube disks hold 1.5GB max.. cry.gif

PSP UMDs capacity is 1.8 max... inlove.gif

All you need to do is buy a wireless router (make sure it supports 802.11b), install it between your Cable or DSL modem and your PC, and set it up.

I would get the 802.11g router... most things are moving towards G. Plus you get something like 54mbs on G vs 11mbs on B.

The PSP only supports B, but most laptops now support G. If you are running a home network, that's the way to go.

Linksys (division of Cisco) sells a wireless router (G) with 4 port switch for under $100.

the psp wil lgo down in price like a year and it will only be 20 quid

or 20 dollas

At first, I didn't really want the PSP that much. I told myslef, "Eh, maybe I'll gte it in a year when the price lowers. But DAMN did my mind change today! I went to someone's house who had it. I played Twisted Metal:Head On and it had awesome graphics! I thought it was gonna be graphics like all the other Portable systems. But, I was DEAD wrong. I also found out that it plays movies. I was watching Spider Man 2 on it and it was just like watching regular tv. It also stores photos and plays music files. Foget the mp3 player I was gonna buy! This thing hads everything and is only $250! My dad said he'll lend me money to get it! WOOHOO

same ere i thought no point but now i seen movies on it and stuff i cant wait for my bday to get it anyway i have loads of money i have saved up and stuff i got like 200 alleast in the bank so i will get it now

do u need the memory card to save it

i'm not excited about either of them. i'll wait for the emulators. i don't need to play a game that bad on a 5"x2" screen.

I got the PSP 3 days ago. It's so awesome! I'm gonna buy me a 237 MB memory card later today for my songs. rah.gif

At first, I didn't really want the PSP that much. I told myslef, "Eh, maybe I'll gte it in a year when the price lowers. But DAMN did my mind change today! I went to someone's house who had it. I played Twisted Metal:Head On and it had awesome graphics! I thought it was gonna be graphics like all the other Portable systems. But, I was DEAD wrong. I also found out that it plays movies. I was watching Spider Man 2 on it and it was just like watching regular tv. It also stores photos and plays music files. Foget the mp3 player I was gonna buy! This thing hads everything and is only $250! My dad said he'll lend me money to get it! WOOHOO! rah.gif

Most none believers are people who never played it and/or are

Nintendo fan boys.

The resolution, if you measure it in the total number of pixels, as it is usualy done, is signifficantly lower than that of any plasma screen. However, the number of pixels per unit area is a lot greater, which creates an illusion of higher resolution.

Well said and you are right..! So in none techy language if you kept the same

pixel count of the PSP screen and made a tv the size of a 42" plasma.

The PSP would have a higher res/image..!

Yes if the game supports it..right now only Twisted Metal is able to play

via hot spot. But..! if you setup XLink Kai then you will be able to

tunnel any game that supports ad hoc area multi play. Oh when

the price goes down it will only be from 249.99 to 224.00. You

won't get the memory stick nor the UMD movie or Sampler UMD.

So you loose out on the value. You will 100% want/need a memory

stick and the cheapest Iv'e seen the 32MB for aroung $29.99 so think

about that..! dontgetit.gif

Well the PSP is a great system and everything, but somehow i really dont think it's worth it with the dead pixels it has, I will get it when it goes down in price though...

Dead pixel ..,dead pixel c'mon people those are isolated to the bigger

retail chains. Walmart, Target, Best Buy..and so on. Not the game

stores like Toy'R'Us, EB Games, or Gamestop..!

Yea you right about the G routers.. The good news is that most G routers

support the step down to B like mine. I have a Linksys G wireless router

and I had to set it up to support both 802.11B & 802.11G...!

i'm not excited about either of them. i'll wait for the emulators. i don't need to play a game that bad on a 5"x2" screen.

People like you need to stop being so cheap and get a job. You think

the programers work so hard so you can download the illegal emu.

Shhheeiiiiish..! I would not admit that here. sarcasm.gifnotify.gifsly.gif

16 Bit...

I agree with about everything you said, but you really have to cut down on the multiple posts like that.

Just put everything in one message other than replying to every message individually.

You can quote people with cut and paste... That's why the forum shows you all the messages below the text box as you compose your message...

You can quote like this...

I said a lot!

I said a lot!

Not coming down on you, just cluing you in because it will annoy some users and they might freak out.

i'm not excited about either of them.  i'll wait for the emulators.  i don't need to play a game that bad on a 5"x2" screen.

People like you need to stop being so cheap and get a job. You think

the programers work so hard so you can download the illegal emu.

Shhheeiiiiish..! I would not admit that here. sarcasm.gifnotify.gifsly.gif

There is nothing wrong with emulators. People who made the hardware and the software for these systems, for the most part, get payed from the money made on games, not on the sale of the systems. The problem is with the ROMs. Due to the fact that most emulators don't run actual games, people end up running pirated ROMs. If Sony releases to the public a UMD drive compatible with PCs, which seems to be where it is going, and the emulators run using the official game disks through one of these, there is absolutly nothing wrong with it.

• 1 month later...

Quoting it doesn't help the situation.

Whoops

Edited by xo4

Some notes on innovation:

The DS isn't really that innovative. The DS's Dual screen design is taken from their earlier 'game and watch's, and i know, owning some of them myself. And the games are more noveltys than anything.

With the DS you can get games which, yes, maybe are a little innovative, with quick bursts of fun, but which will soon become boring. Admittedly super mario 64 and a scarce few others may last longer, but most of the games for the touch screen system are quirky little games that'll last you maybe half an hour.

The psp's games are maybe less innovative, may have some idea's which've been done before, but you'll be able to play them for ages without getting bored of them.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

But who says a handheld ps2 is a bad thing?! smile.gif

spasmodically_insane

On top of that, the touch screen would get annoying on the go. Maybe sitting at home wouldn't be so bad, but most the fun of handhelds are portable playing. It's just easier to play the PSP in public. Hell, I played it while walking through a parking lot, and still could walk and see where I was going((because I didn't have two huge screens blocking my path)).

I have a PSP, and I pre-ordered GTA PSP.

Caseycappoen100

Hez Ya Dude The PSp Is Ausom. I Bet The Nintendo Market are Probley Really Pissed But Its there fault for not Puting the new Age In the DS and It's and all becuse Of Money. I think That If the Ds Never Played Gba Games It would be might have been as good as the Psp But Its all About the best dont forget it. I Dobut That the Ds could Even play GtA3 Or VC Or even San Andreas IF It Did The not the Gba Slot could be rplaced with a Ati Maby Like on the gamecube But At the same time have u seen any gta games come out on the gamecube i think Not, So heres a word For all Of u Ds Fans die.gif Nintendo Ds> If U have Any Word About this email Me at [email protected] And Yes Im related to Al Cappoen The Gangste.

starttriangleXcirclesquare

Edited by Caseycappoen100

I want a PSP and GTA PSP so bad that im gunna get a job at Buger King. Once I earn enough money(Approx $500 for PSP,Games,1gb memory stick) I'm gunna quit. 74 hours or flippin and serving bugers. Ausome!

I didn'nt know your life was all about video games. Why quit when you have enough money. Keep flippin and servin burgers Mr. Ausome(Awesome).Joking. But really only the psp and the gta psp?O h yeah why flip boogers or as you say bugers

im gonna get one the day they come out here in england, thankfully the release date is quite near my birthday!

i really, really, really want one....cant wait till they come out.

Caseycappoen100

Well I hope Sony will Out number The Sp Im not a Huge Fan For the f*cking Ds But I beat who Ever makes Love With it every night is a fag just like nentindo devil.gif

confused.gif Well That about covers all I need to say. startselectsquaretrianglecircle

Edited by Caseycappoen100