3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How Bad Do You Want A PSP/GTA PSP?

gtapsp

I want a PSP and GTA PSP so bad that im gunna get a job at Buger King. Once I earn enough money(Approx $500 for PSP,Games,1gb memory stick) I'm gunna quit. 74 hours or flippin and serving bugers. Awesome!

Edited by gtapsp

I know why your not excited..... Because theres a lack of info on this new title, i feelk the same way as you. For now.mwahahahaha! devil.gif

I'm not that excited. I'll probably buy it when the price lowers, cause that's when I usually buy things.

As for getting a job to get something, and then quit...If I were you, i wud stay. Cuz i would want to keep getting money.

I'm going to wait and see how it turns out and how many of the problems with PSP will get addressed. Then if I have enough money, I might buy the game and the PSP.

the PSP is £179.99, yet the DS is £99.99 (I think), so I'm sure Sony will lower the price soon after release.

Nintendo DS is almost N64.

PSP is almost PS2.

If it takes you more than 20 seconds to figure out which one is worth the money I'll have to rip your testicles off in the name of evolution.

I am dying to get me a PSP. i cant wait until it comes out. it has DVD's and music. it should be awsome. it just cost a lot of money though. And im still a little confused on how it works with all the memory and sh**. (P.S. The PSP is a lot better than DS)

PSP does not have DVD it has UMD there is a difference. I can't wait for mine (preordered it). GTA PSP would have been sweet if it were a luanch title but I'll still wait for it.

rumors are nintendo will have another handheld out this year before xmas.

my dad left to inonasia to get ps2 games an other stuff an i told him if he found a psp he should bring it........is it out there yet?(hes comin back this monday)

Does someone know for sure if the PSP uses any kind of region codes? Or will a unit from one region work just fine with games from any other region?

The PSP is region free for game, but they plan to release films on the UMD's which will not be, therefore if you are planning to watch films on your PSP you should wait. However if you were to buy a Gb memory card, you can convert movies, and view them of that, so it's not really a problem... The same applies for music.

not excited at all because it is a very small space one the UMD will take a lot of compression that means take out things or tune down graphics so meh I will just wait and see.

ForteZeppelinX
I personally don't want a PSP, so that means I don't want GTA PSP.

I don't want a PSP. Too expensive, and its battery life is not good. The DS *gets shot* has a battery life of about 15 hours (+ if you recharge it), and costs $150 US. The PSP cost is about $200-250.

As much as I like GTA, I'll be missing out on GTA PSP. The PSP has poor control navigation, and I'd find it to be a nightmare to play any game with it.

I don't want a PSP. Too expensive, and its battery life is not good. The DS *gets shot* has a battery life of about 15 hours (+ if you recharge it), and costs $150 US. The PSP cost is about $200-250.

As much as I like GTA, I'll be missing out on GTA PSP. The PSP has poor control navigation, and I'd find it to be a nightmare to play any game with it.

Have u even played the psp. it has the best controls for a portable system The games look alot better that DS also the psp is $250 but at luanch you can only buy the bundle which gives u atleast $100 in accersies and the battery life is the only flaw and that can be fixed by buying a back up battery plus sony is making a battery with twice as long the original but its just not done yet

I also, really want a PSP but i've heard from lots of sources that the PSP will mostly feature just portbale versions of new PS2/PS3 games. I've seen however, that it will have its own PSP only games aswell but i am just enquiring to find out what it will most likely feature.

You are very missinformed. Now that the :sqare: has been fixed, PSP has very nice controlls. And don't throw in the DS with its 15 hour battery life. I want to see DS run GT 4. Games of DS quality can run on PSP for nearly 10 hours, and that is less than DS's battery life mostly because PSP has a screen with higher brightness, contrast, and refresh rate, which, if you know anything about LCD screens, requires more power to run. The games that are graphics intensive do run for only about 3.5 hours, but what did you expect? PSP has a powerfull 333MHz CPU and two graphics chips. It has a power of a 3 year old laptop with a good graphics chip in a much smaller package with a much smaller battery and a much better, even if smaller, screen. Nothing that advanced has ever been available as a hand held gaming system. If you really want to compare it to something, the only fair comparison is the OQO's Model 1 portable PC.

user posted image

I wonder if this thing can run HL².

You are very missinformed. Now that the :sqare: has been fixed, PSP has very nice controlls. And don't throw in the DS with its 15 hour battery life. I want to see DS run GT 4. Games of DS quality can run on PSP for nearly 10 hours, and that is less than DS's battery life mostly because PSP has a screen with higher brightness, contrast, and refresh rate, which, if you know anything about LCD screens, requires more power to run. The games that are graphics intensive do run for only about 3.5 hours, but what did you expect? PSP has a powerfull 333MHz CPU and two graphics chips. It has a power of a 3 year old laptop with a good graphics chip in a much smaller package with a much smaller battery and a much better, even if smaller, screen. Nothing that advanced has ever been available as a hand held gaming system. If you really want to compare it to something, the only fair comparison is the OQO's Model 1 portable PC.

user posted image

I wonder if this thing can run HL².

How much are those in that picture? I really want one of those.

On second thought, I'm probably not getting GTA:PSP because of I have a bad feeling it will flop. Not much details yet, but if they just send somebody new to the picture, confusion abound. The PSP does have its advantages, such as PS2-like graphics, can fit in one hand, better controls (update), and not bulky, it's a good system, but its main problem is that it's too expensive. I'm from a moderate family, so once I get a job, it'll be easy to afford the PSP, by merely saving my money.

OH. How much will this be? I'm convinced that the PSP > DS.

How much are those in that picture? I really want one of those.

Outrageously expensive, nearly $2000. Which is 4 times the price of a desktop PC with same capabilities. It is a 1Ghz CPU, 20GB HDD, 256MB RAM, and some sort of integrated video chip. Not much, but it can run a lot of the modern games. Controlls would be uncomfortable, though. Might be a good idea to carry a portable keyboard and mouse. Hopefully, more companies will start making these things making them cheaper.

Yes, I know that PSPs aren't cheap either, but IMO, unlike DS, it is actualy worth the money you spend on it.

Nintendo DS is almost N64.

PSP is almost PS2.

If it takes you more than 20 seconds to figure out which one is worth the money I'll have to rip your testicles off in the name of evolution.

Oh? A dual screen w/ touch screen handheld that actually would make for some innovative games vs. some battery sucking console "clone" as a handheld.

I'm sorry. The correct answer is Nintendo DS.

Neither of the two screens allow descent graphics, second screen is never used for anything usefull since a person can only track moving objects on one screen at a time, and games that use touch screen are stupid rather than fun. A gaming console needs a second screen like the monkey needs a second ass hole.

Neither of the two screens allow descent graphics

Bullsh*t.

second screen is never used for anything usefull since a person can only track moving objects on one screen at a time

Bullsh*t.

and games that use touch screen are stupid rather than fun

And how many games that make extensive use of a touch screen have been released? A touch screen will make FPS games actually be able to be controlled, and don't get me started on RTS games. Let me see someone make a decent RTS with a PSP and its limited controls.

A gaming console needs a second screen like the monkey needs a second ass hole.

A handheld needs to use optical media like a monkey needs to eat his own dick.

Neither of the two screens allow descent graphics

Bullsh*t.

What, you are saying DS' graphics are good? Compared to PSP's? Don't make me laugh.

second screen is never used for anything usefull since a person can only track moving objects on one screen at a time
Bullsh*t

Give me an example, then.

And how many games that make extensive use of a touch screen have been released?

The fact that DS would have a touch screen has been announced long ago. Developers had time to prepare. Yet, there are no good touch screen games. That should be telling you something.

A touch screen will make FPS games actually be able to be controlled, and don't get me started on RTS games. Let me see someone make a decent RTS with a PSP and its limited controls.

Ha-ha! Have you ever played an FPS game? I mean, seriously played. I want to see a pro-Quaker play Quake2/3 using touch screen instead of a mouse, that would be a riot. Not to mention that the screen will have a hole with a stilus in it by the time he's done.

Now, the strategy games are the first good point that you have made. Yes, DS would be a fairly good platform for RTS, because you can use the stylus to select and send units, and perhaps, even use the second screen to display all kinds of statistics. However, no system has ever made it on just one genre, and the PSP can be used with the keyboard and a mouse, which is better for both RTS and FPS, and there are some really nice portable mice and keyboards available for people on the go.

A handheld needs to use optical media like a monkey needs to eat his own dick.

Of course. It doesn't need to, but the optical media are signifficantly cheaper, so I'm still going to consider at as a pro side of a PSP.

psp i not going to cost $500 the bundle will be $249 which come wit the psp,starter kit and spiderman 2 the movie and later on they are goin to start sellin psp along (not in bundle)

PSP alone should cost $200, by the way. This is, just a prediction based on the fact that in Japan PSP bundle costs ¥26,000, and PSP alone costs ¥20,000, which comes out to be roughly $250 and $200 respectively. So since the bundle costs about the same, there is no reason why PSP alone wouldn't cost the same.

I don't want to start a flaming war, but when i was buying super mario 64 DS people told me that the DS was the worst system ever at EB game's

For all u people not liking liking DS cause it has 64 graphic's get over it some of PSP's game's won't be good and you'll still by them.

I absolutely love my DS, that touch screen is awesome, and also people Nintendo announced today the DS is going ONLINE

Iam going to buy Animal Crossing DS online multi, and GTA PSP

Im going to wait till it die's down and then I'll buy a PSP, Last thing I want to do is get it first lol rahkstar2.gif