4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Topic Subscriptions Quick-links

Azkoyen

The GTA Forums side panel (showing all forum links) will now display the topics you have subscribed to. To subscribe to a topic, go to the top of any topic view page and click 'Track this topic'. The topic will now be displayed at the bottom of the side panel under 'Topic Subscriptions', giving you quick and easy access to the topic no matter where you are on the forums biggrin.gif

To unsubscribe from a topic, click the 'Topic Subscriptions' link on the side panel, or go to 'My Controls > View Topics', select the topic from the list shown and click the 'unsubscribe' button.

If you haven't subscribed to any topics the Subscriptions section will not appear on your sidebar. Forum subscriptions will not appear here as they already appear in the sidebar menu above.

Many thanks to disco for suggesting the hack, and Svip for the initial work he did on it. If you're interested in our sidebar and subscriptions hack, pm me and I'll make a topic for it in WD&P.

NOTE: Subscribing to a topic makes the forum send you an email every time a new post is made in that topic. As of this moment, there is no way to disable this functionality.

UPDATE: I've added controls for subscription display on the sidebar, and subscription emails as well.

If you don't want to receive an email every time someone replies to a topic you've subscribed to:

Go to My Controls > Email Settings :: Send email when someone replies to a subscribed topic?

This defaults to 'on' so as to be in tune with the current forum functionality.

If you don't want your subscribed topics displayed on the sidebar:

Go to My Controls > Board Settings :biggrin.gifo you want all subscribed topics displayed on the sidebar?

This defaults to 'no' so as to be in tune with the current forum functionality.

Az.

Edited by Azkoyen

I love it. Though I have a question, which I just PM'ed Azkoyen .. before I saw this topic. I would have asked it in here but since I didn't know of this topic ... blush.gif

Again, good show ! I will certainly use it.

yay!

thank you so much Svip and Az for making this actually happen so damn quickly! i originally thought this kinda' thing wouldn't get implemented for months, but it was more like days!

thanks again <<33

I likey this. I will now be able to get to my many miscellaneous topics quicker. Yay! I would do the GTG Celebration but you guys would hate it.

FYI: Subscribing to a topic will make the forums send an email to your account every time a post is made in that topic. As of this moment, there's no way of turning this off confused.gif

I'll edit my post and put this in...

FYI: Subscribing to a topic will make the forums send an email to your account every time a post is made in that topic.  As of this moment, there's no way of turning this off confused.gif

I'll edit my post and put this in...

cryani.gif

Bye-Bye Subscription...

No wait, I have 50 G-Mail Invites, so I just make myself one let flood that account. Sounds like a plan, yes ?

Although, I have been using this feature now for 30 minutes, a few posts have been made in the topics I have subscribed to though I havent received a mail. Maybe because I am in anonymous mode ?

Edited by vALKYR™
Although, I have been using this feature now for 30 minutes, a few posts have been made in the topics I have subscribed to though I havent received a mail. Maybe because I am in anonymous mode ?

The forums are a bit slow apparently, you'll get one in the end afaik.

As of this moment, there's no way of turning this off confused.gif

what!?

their must be a way, if you can hack all this other sh*t into the forum, surely that shouldn't be a problem to do as well..

cryani.gif

The forums are a bit slow apparently, you'll get one in the end afaik.

JayC got one instantly though user posted image

i've started to get the emails though..

luckily, i'm using gmail. so all the emails i get from here about the subcriptions get colaborated into one set of messages, so it doens't cultter my inbox at all..

another option would be to remove your email address form ones profile.

not a cool solution though.

edit: okay, i just realised you can't properly remove your email address.. confused.gif

Edited by disco

Bad idea. sad.gif I've always been using topic/forum subscriptions, and now I get a huge ass list of links, that screws the layout, and takes ages to load.

Edit: 573 links wow.gif

definitely need a checkbox to switch it off...

Bad idea. sad.gif I've always been using topic/forum subscriptions, and now I get a huge ass list of links, that screws the layout, and takes ages to load.

Edit: 573 links wow.gif

definitely need a checkbox to switch it off...

you mean you have 'auto subscribe' enabled? that's insane.

I noticed something. I was subscribed to the FBI information desk and was pleasantly surprised to find it in my sidebar today. So I decided I wanted to add Edisoncarter's button cheats topic to the list... I go in there subscribe, and it's nowhere to be found on my sidebar. So I log out, log back in... still not there. Close the window, reopen--you get the picture. I still just have the F.B.I. Info Desk under my subscriptions. This happened to anyone else?

Edit: sh*t, sorry guys. Major dumbass attack. I was clicking "subscribe to forum" blush.gif

Edited by Yuck Fou
I noticed something. I was subscribed to the FBI information desk and was pleasantly surprised to find it in my sidebar today. So I decided I wanted to add Edisoncarter's button cheats topic to the list... I go in there subscribe, and it's nowhere to be found on my sidebar. So I log out, log back in... still not there. Close the window, reopen--you get the picture. I still just have the F.B.I. Info Desk under my subscriptions. This happened to anyone else?

that's strange. i'm able to add that topic, no probs.. blink.gif

can you add any more topics? or is it just the edisoncarter one?

are you sure you're pressing the right link to subscribe? 'track this topic'

RearEndCollision

This is both cool, and sucks. What would be best to do, is to just make an extra GMail account for GTAF to send all the emails too.

Or try what vAL is doing since he apparently isn't getting any emails.

Okay when I logged on today I was apperantly subcribed to an old topic. I just can't get rid of it, when I press "Subscribed Topics" it wont show that topic in there, what can I do to remove it?

Okay when I logged on today I was apperantly subcribed to an old topic. I just can't get rid of it, when I press "Subscribed Topics" it wont show that topic in there, what can I do to remove it?

I've heard this from two people now... but it's fine for me. confused.gif

I saw it there this morning, pretty cool. a good idea, indeed.

I can't belive it, I have topics that I have had subscribed since I was a 1 week old noob.

/me deletes

-Sweden pwns you.
Ace idea, the email address I signed up to the forum with is some old AOL account I had a couple of years ago, and since I don't use AOL anymore I don't have to worry about the emails. I could never be bothered to change my email on here. confused.gif