PSP North American price and release date

agent_1138

the PSP Value Pack contains ... [a] 32 MB Memory Stick, headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adaptor, soft case and cleaning cloth, movie/music/game video sampler UMD disc including multiple non-interactive game demos, and for the first one million PSP Value Packs shipped, a special UMD video release of the feature film Spider-Man 2 from Sony Pictures Entertainment.

You can read the rest of the article HERE

Yayzorz, now I can preorder it from Sam Goody. I've been seeing crazyness at the PSP official forums about the price which many people think is too high. They must not really care about how much work and time is put into that small thing and want it for around the same price as a sh*tty DS which had no effort in making it. Also, note that $250 is for the VALUE PACK, the standard will be cheaper.

I have a friend that works at Walmart who says that they already have a palette full of PSPs waiting for March 24th. In fact, they had to put it in a security closet to keep employees away from them. Just a few days ago they got the display unit and were playing with it, and they should be getting the kiosk assembly pretty soon smile.gif

Since I won't be able to wait in line for one, the release date being a school day and all, I'm going to have my friend pick up one for me and drop it off and I'll pay him. The employee discount that he'll have should help out a good bit too biggrin.gif

You can say anything you want about time they put into the design, but even considering that the LCD display is a good portion of the price, $250 is still pretty expensive for something with a 333Mhz CPU and just 8MB of RAM.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Considering that there are two, not one 333mhz 32-bit MIPS R4000 CPUs packed into such a small packadge, the price of the system sounds just right imho.