3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

thedude777

Secrets & Easter Eggs

Gorillaz243

The alternative death scene about parachuting on to a car and the doors come off sounds like a relation to the film Eraser where after shooting at a plane his parachute gets broken by the plane and he lands on top of a car and the doors come off.

Edited by Gorillaz243

Roddy Bob

Not sure if anyone has spotted this one previously, did a search and didn't find anything in the easter eggs topic...

On the back of Denise's american football shirt is the word 'growler', which has various slang meanings, but I think it refers to one in particular wink.gif

Check out http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=growler to see a full list of definitions

9iC1ZoVyN81Y

Uhm... The Securicars used to say Gruppe Sechs (might not have on the SA ones) but anyway, that is a reference to Group Six (a real security company) and Group Sex. wink.gif

And the statues that look in horror upon the middle one, if you shoot them they crumble bit by bit.

By the way, there are 8 unknowns and you said 7.

SwitchBladeJones

Suicidal Photographer:

Enter the Trailer park around the Los Santos Inlet and face east towards Los Santos in the centre of the park and a person should spawn on the side of the road near the water on your right. Go up to them and you will see they are taking snapshots of Los Santos. After a while they will put the camera away and slowly walk into the water and drown themselves.

This ties in really well with the tourist/travel show, Wild Traveler on WCTR when a suicidal caller mentions how they are on the edge of "First Bluff" and want to jump. The peds that spawn on this bluff hold cameras just like any other tourist ped in the game.

I'm sure a lot of other people have made this connection, but the main post for this topic hasn't been updated in years. I thought I'd point it out for those who haven't considered the connection, or read through the thread. Personally, I think this is a big easter egg since It's something being mentioned on the radio connecting with an actual situation you can go discover in the game.

MC.
Suicidal Photographer:

Enter the Trailer park around the Los Santos Inlet and face east towards Los Santos in the centre of the park and a person should spawn on the side of the road near the water on your right. Go up to them and you will see they are taking snapshots of Los Santos. After a while they will put the camera away and slowly walk into the water and drown themselves.

This ties in really well with the tourist/travel show, Wild Traveler on WCTR when a suicidal caller mentions how they are on the edge of "First Bluff" and want to jump. The peds that spawn on this bluff hold cameras just like any other tourist ped in the game.

I'm sure a lot of other people have made this connection, but the main post for this topic hasn't been updated in years. I thought I'd point it out for those who haven't considered the connection, or read through the thread. Personally, I think this is a big easter egg since It's something being mentioned on the radio connecting with an actual situation you can go discover in the game.

Verdant Bluffs?

lord fido
Suicidal Photographer:

Verdant Bluffs?

Maybe.

The poster doesn't got time to update. He gave up. I guess glenster has to take over.

lord fido

BUMPAGE

Another references:

Woozie or should we say "Neo".

user posted image

OG Loc or should we say "50 cent"

user posted image

Madddog or should we say "Snoop Dogg" (obiously)

user posted image

Toreno or should we say "James woods"

user posted image

Old reece or should we say "Morgan freeman"

user posted image

NickB
Toreno or should we say "James woods"

user posted image

so he actually looks like himself in game? (he voices toreno),why wasnt that implemented for everyone else?

lord fido

Too expensive.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Is it just me....Or is it easy for anyone to get pretty much completely ignored on this thread?

_x__meep__x_

In addition to the suicidal photographer, there are multiple cases of other suicide attemps.

I've found one that doesn't seem to be on the intrests map or listed on here so I might as well point is out

I was rampaging with a chain gun down by the ls airport and noticed 2 people sitting on a bench, when I went closer one turned there head at the other and stood up, then walked into the water drowned them selves. Tehn the other person went tounge2.gif

user posted image

Pretty funny to watch if your bored devil.gif

Vert

okay I've read everything hear and everywhere heres some of my own.

*fristly why do people say the trolley is unstoppable, the trolley and trains can be stopped easily by just playing the where "flowers in your hair mission". when cutscenes come and go this makes the trains and the unstoppable trolley stop forever.

*aswell in the same mission if you look at the vietnames gang members when they do there hand gestures ther hands will turn black and crappy looking

*those statues which look at the middle one in that building can be smashed into millions of pieces with just one punch.

*also in that same building I have escaped into the half visible world ya'll know the world which is under all the interiors when you fall down all the way ( i used a bike very hard like a 5 step process) . then fly to where cj's own mod shop is at ( using the map which unlike other cases is true to position) and i can save in the alternate universe, also with the invisible cars in that garage, i get a girlfriend buy houses but that is about all in this world, also found like a pulsating light ufo style...!* I have video if yopur interested

* in caligulas there is a unsolid wall near the safe and the hole you throw smoke grenades into on the mission there, you can jump into with a bit of luck.

*it is possible to throw up and kill people at the same time in the restaurant

*and for something funny in the rider mission when he tells you to eat in the pizza stack make him throw up for a funnier cutscene.

*if you recruit people inside a building (using recruit anybody cheat) they will usaally freeze and become unsolid such as in a strip club note: do not try to recruit the strippers on stage first otherwise you will be shot at

*do the jetpack cheat while lifting the barbells for funnyness

* doing the jetpack cheat in general on cutscenes usually deos ome fuuny stuff although theres is a risk you will be stuck.

*strap heaps of satchels to the car wrecks lying around san andreas, wheelie bins dumpsters whatever you cant push but is movable and watch them fly when you detonate, sometimes they land miles away.

*use cars fly cheat in driving school and try to fly away... you can try.

*go gambling or something and glitch it so there is a big fat ring of spinnig jetpacks around you, pretty easy.

thats all i can think of which may be original at the moment as I'm not quite sure , tell me what you think

Vert
I know where it is and i know which pole is the right one, but they dont spawn! i saw one spawning but it was really quick

get a sniper rifle and turn your back on it then turn around zoom in and they should be falling, they will not fall if you are zoomed in on the spot. i.e. they will not fall if you are staring directley on the spot, or are too close unless you trick the game i suppose this would work with the cam too.

has anyone mentioned how to get the strippers out of the pig pen... it's easy just die in there when you spawn at the hospital like four of the strippers will come out of the hospital with you. recuit them to your gang for coolness.

Vert

i have managed to get a quad bike into a building interior, anyone else done the same. also i recruited the cj clone so he doesn't run away... and i can safely say his health is equal.

rwesterh

Don't know if this is known, but I thougt it was funny tounge.gif

user posted image

(Click to enlarge)

Raymond Luxury-Yacht

Reference to a Philosopher:

Mary-Beth Maybell of K-ROSE can be heard saying the following between tracks: Country Music! It's like Kant said, you can be an active originator of experience or a passive recipient of perception; I tell the guys behind the diner that all the time.

A very amusing nod at the greatest modern philosopher, from the masters of parody and satire----proof that their palette reaches beyond popular culture.

-/TNT\-
Reference to a Philosopher:

Mary-Beth Maybell of K-ROSE can be heard saying the following between tracks: Country Music! It's like Kant said, you can be an active originator of experience or a passive recipient of perception; I tell the guys behind the diner that all the time.

A very amusing nod at the greatest modern philosopher, from the masters of parody and satire----proof that their palette reaches beyond popular culture.

Haha, ho on Earth did you notice that?

cookies for you cookie.gifcookie.gif

Silent Claude

I found one!

The DJ of the radio station, SF-UR Hans, which has a german accent was actually first mentioned in GTA3. If you listen to the medieval millennium fair commercial heard on Flashback FM and a few other stations, then you might hear them mention something about "A mysterious prancing german named Hans." I'm surprised no one ever found this yet. wow.gif

Edited by Silent Claude

NickB
I found one!

The DJ of the radio station, SF-UR Hans, which has a german accent was actually first mentioned in GTA3. If you listen to the medieval millennium fair commercial heard on Flashback FM and a few other stations, then you might hear them mention something about "A mysterious prancing german named Hans." I'm surprised no one ever found this yet. wow.gif

hmmm i remember that. i thought they were talking about the nursery rhyme "the pied piper".....hmmm good find none the less

rwesterh

Also a very useless one...

user posted image

user posted image

Click to enlarge smile.gif

'Ammunition - Do not eat'

Edited by rwesterh

Lioshenka

OMFG that is funny smile.gif stupid, but still funny biggrin.gif

Mr. Someguy

#1 - CK Building:

At night, one of the taller skyscrapers in San Fierro windows seem to light up in the shape of 'C' on one side and 'K' on another. Another suggestion is that the lights form a monkeys face... The relevance of these lights is still unknown. Many claim there is an "" above the K, claiming it spells CoK; but with no definitive prove, it remains a mystery.

I read that CK means Crip-Killer to the bloods.

Onanist
#1 - CK Building:

At night, one of the taller skyscrapers in San Fierro windows seem to light up in the shape of 'C' on one side and 'K' on another. Another suggestion is that the lights form a monkeys face... The relevance of these lights is still unknown. Many claim there is an "" above the K, claiming it spells CoK; but with no definitive prove, it remains a mystery.

I read that CK means Crip-Killer to the bloods.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=174800&st=1880#

Ssj4Bear

The hospital in the middle of Market in Los Santas is named "All Saints", probably a reference to the Australian Television show "All Saints". All saints is all about life at a hospital somewhere i dont know anymore than that i dont watch it.