3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

immessedup17

|--MLB Chat 2005--|

immessedup17

I was listening to the Cubs game at work today. It was fun to hear a game like this again, shame they are so rare.

Nomar is looking good since coming back. A shining light in the darkness.

Cuse510

The Cubs beat the Cards yet again. Why do they play their best baseball when they're already out of contention? (and you must admit, they are basically out of contention. They have to beat 6 other teams, and I don't think anyone can catch Houston the way they're playing now.)

Also, I just looked at the standings, and the CLEVELAND INDIANS are only 2.5 games out of the AL wild card. When in the world did this happen?

lancevancedance#1

the cubs are 7 games back in the wildcard behind the Astros so i think they arnt going anywhere

Captain Keyes

The Cubs beat the Cards yet again. Why do they play their best baseball when they're already out of contention? (and you must admit, they are basically out of contention. They have to beat 6 other teams, and I don't think anyone can catch Houston the way they're playing now.)

Houston's not THAT hot. Oswalt, Clemens, and Pettitte do what's expected of them, but the latter two in the rotation are rookies with 6+ ERAs. Plus the offense outside of Bidge (who only seems to produce in MMP), Berkman, and Ensberg are really inconsistent and inexperienced.

Of course as a Astro fan I want them to get Wild Card, but I just think they're extremely vulnerable.

Cuse510
Wow, Kerry Wood has been nasty in relief. The Astros hitters today just had no chance against him. I really hope that he can start next year. However, if he still can't throw over 50 pitches, he needs to be the closer. I like Dempster, and he's a good closer, but Wood is just f*ckin dominating.

StallionGT

The White Sox have lost four in a row. notify.gifcry.gif They need to stay on track if they want to dominate the season.

STATS:::

(74-43) ( .632%) 11 games ahead of Cleveland.

woodprior383
Wow, Kerry Wood has been nasty in relief. The Astros hitters today just had no chance against him. I really hope that he can start next year. However, if he still can't throw over 50 pitches, he needs to be the closer. I like Dempster, and he's a good closer, but Wood is just f*ckin dominating.

I agree with everything there. He has been lights out in all of his relief apearances so far. And if he can't start then why waste him on relief? I think Kerry Wood would be a perfect closer. And the though of Demspter as an 8th inning guy isn't bad either.

Cuse510
Wow, this topic really got stagnant with Eric's bannage sad.gif . Oh well, the Cubs just lost their series with the Rockies. Yes, the ROCKIES. Pathetic. I hate how they can beat the good teams but can't beat the f*ckin Rockies...

woodprior383
Yea i feel ya. I got really excited during the 5th inning. But then they blew it. But that's just the joy of being a Cub fan...

Captain Keyes

Props to the Royals for "rebounding" from their 19 game losing streak and taking out Oakland twice while on the road.

Does that team even have a fan base anymore?

Cuse510
Wow, this place is really inactive. Well, the Cubs just sent Matt Lawton to the Yanks. I hate the Yankees, but unfortunately I kind of hope they make the playoffs so Lawton can be in the playoffs for the first time.

woodprior383
The Cubs got a Single A starter that has a 6-1 record and a 3.07 ERA... I am so f*cking pissed off about this I have nothing else to say.

Cuse510
I suppose it wasn't a terrible trade. I mean, they have no shot this year and Lawton was going to be an FA anyways, might as well get something for him instead of nothing. And if they want to sign him again (which I hope they do) they still have the exact same chance after this year.

just another thug
The AL Wildcard is turning out to be very interesting. Right now New York and Oakland are tied and Cleveland is 0.5 games back. Being an Indians fan, I want to see this young team make it to the playoffs just for experience sake.