2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Newly Discovered Button Cheats!

edisoncarter

Has anybody been able to find a Pheonix without the rare cars cheat on. Normaly its not parked anywhere, it doesnt spawn anywhere, hell is it even in the game without the cheat. Even then its pretty rare in comparison to most cars.

As it was said, you can have a Phoenix without Rare/Fast Cars Cheat!

Start de Street Race in SF which gives you the Phoenix and instead of trying to win the race, go back behind Wang Cars where you toggled the races, exit your car, and wait until you're disqualified. Exit the Race menu, the Phoenix should still be here!

Here's another kickinass cheat combo :

Agressive Traffic + Fast/Rare Cars + Flying Cars

Try it in San Fierro because there are long straight streets!

You'll see cops trying to catch fast cars... in sky!!! There were more cop chases upside my head than on the road!

Try it in te country too, Rangers easily fly behind a sport car cool.gif

Edited by Mogyle

The Stars Look Down

For this code: circleL1downL2leftXR1L1rightX , I compared it to other known codes and it is most similar to the pink cars code: circleL1downL2leftXR1L1rightcircle , so it could be another traffic is color code, if it does work.

Cars Fly

UP, DOWN, L1, R1, L1, RIGHT, LEFT, L1, LEFT

But not like the old Dodo cheat.  You have thrust while you're in the air, and can go faster than any airplane.  Great for bookin' around the map from place to place.

very nice...i just flew around in a white Super GT for a few seconds, came back down and got a $3091 triple insane stunt bonus.

it's even better when you use Nitro devil.gif

Well using the "Sports car traffic Cheat" is really cool

there are 3 cars that spawn that are real interesting

Pheonix- This car dosent spawn anywhere as a parked car, and dosent spawn on the road, but now appears up reguarly

-Euros- Orignaly this car is parked in LV, near the Pyamid, but after you take it to the import/export garage, its not there anymore, but again, appears up reguarly

-Hotkife- this car you get from getting all gold in driving school which i dont have, but now i can see and drive it without getting all gold

good job cookie.gif , although they all work, how exactly were you able to find these cheats?

I wonder what those 2 mystery codes are for.......

Anyways i got a spare controller and id like to try this out and also help out. Can someone tell me how to go on doing this?

The concept i understand. He gets a parallel cable and hooks it up with wires to the circuit board on the PS2 controller and on the points of X, Square, Up/down/left/right, O, Triangle and L1 L2 R2 R1. With a software (which i dont know which one is) he sends 1s (press) and 0s (dont press) to each of the buttons. When the BEEP in San Andreas is heard by the program then it logs it as a active code. I would just need to know the software used, how do you set it to the min presses and max presses for SA cheats what pins do you hook up to where on the PS2 controller and how do you determine when SA goes "Cheat Activated"

First of all, you don't hook the parallel port directly to the controller. You need some circuitry to make it work. Edisoncarter used optoisolators, which is one way to go. There are other things you can do if you know some digital logic. I think it will work with three-states. The software was also written by edisoncarter, so unless you get it from him, you'll have to write your own as well. Finaly, he used an audio recording tool to record when cheat occured, and then compared that against his program's log to see what cheat was entered.

Um duh i know you dont hook it up directly. Thats obvious. He used optoisolators but normal copper electronic wires can be used just as well cuz all he is doing is sending a 1 or a 0 to the circuit board of the PS2 controller. And in electronics (and the PS2 buttons since they are not pressure sensitive) there are only 2 states yes (1, enable) or no (0, disable).

Edison if you would be so kind to send me the program I will continue the work looking for button cheats (of course under your credit) That way you can look for more stuff in GTA SA. To record the audio ill use Goldwave.

Um duh i know you dont hook it up directly. Thats obvious. He used optoisolators but normal copper electronic wires can be used just as well cuz all he is doing is sending a 1 or a 0 to the circuit board of the PS2 controller. And  in electronics (and the PS2 buttons since they are not pressure sensitive) there are only 2 states yes (1, enable) or no (0, disable).

You can't do it with just copper wire*, it doesn't work like that. And how do you think you send 1's and 0's? In order to "send" a 0, you have to connect the point on the circuit to the ground of that circuit. In ordert to send a 1, you have to connect it to the voltage supply of that same circuit. Fortunatly, the ground thing is allready done for you if you are connecting to the button leads, because engeneers at Sony don't want the gates to float when you release the buttons, so all what you need to do is to connect the the V+ of the joystick to the lead from the button when you receive a 1, id est when there is a voltage drop between the corresponding palallel port pin and the ground of the parallel port. The optocouples are probably the simpliest way of setting this up. As I said before, a tristate will probably also work.

* For anyone who actually knows something about electronics, don't take this as a challenge to build a rellay system for button pushing from just copper wire. I know it can be done if also some tape is used, but that wasn't the point.

Edit: For these who know the symbols but have no imagination, I drew a diagram. Pardon the crapyness, I used M$ Paint.

user posted image

Edited by K^2

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Got a new one:

Traffic is Country Vehicles

L1, L1, R1, R1, L2, L1, R2, DOWN, LEFT, UP

"Funhouse Theme"

You

Pink Hair,Novelty glasses (fake nose with shades),heart boxers, and greenish brown boots

Vehicles

Caddy

Tug

Quadbike

Mr. Whoopee

Hotknife

Hotdog

Bandito-was only spawning for about 5 minutes

BF Injection

Pizza Boy

People

Cluckin' Bell Chicken Man

Burger Shot Burger Lady

Pizza Stack Pizza Guy

Mr. Whoopee Clown driver

Guys at stands-at the stands that went away after 5 minutes

Things

Only for about 5 minutes there was food stands on the streets

Country

You

you don't change

Vehicles

Freeway

Wayfarer

Sanchez

Journey

Walton

Linerunner

Tanker

Tractor

Rancher

Blade- there were tons of these,don't know how it's "country" though

Police Ranger-I saw one, but it might have just been the area I was in

People

the peds don't change

all this was on 20 minutes each, so I don;t know if its all of them, feel free to add to the list! biggrin.gif

Edited by Greenday561

My question is, and considering I'm a fan of zombie films (the new Dawn was ecellent), is there a cheat or code to create a sort of zombie mode, where the streets are deserted, only abandoned cars, and all the people either shuffle along or run at CJ, just moaning a lot...?

As you said, peds hate CJ + reduced trafic allready gets you half way there. I think it should be possible to replace the peds run animation with walk, though, I don't know if it will actually slow them down, or if they'll still be approaching you as fast as if they are running, but with walk animation playing. If they are still moving too fast, there still should be an adjustable variable somewhere that controlls their speed, but it will be tough to find. You'll probably also want more peds to spawn. I think I saw a cheat device code for that too.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Country

You

you don't change

Vehicles

Freeway

Wayfarer

Sanchez

Journey

Walton

Linerunner

Tanker

Tractor

Rancher

People

the peds don't change

all this was on 20 minutes each, so I don;t know if its all of them, feel free to add to the list! biggrin.gif

So, peds don't take on a country look then?

Country

You

you don't change

Vehicles

Freeway

Wayfarer

Sanchez

Journey

Walton

Linerunner

Tanker

Tractor

Rancher

People

the peds don't change

So, peds don't take on a country look then?

thats right the people don't change any,I don't think that even the drivers change just normal peds(Buisnessman,old ladys,etc.)

which is weird cuz the people change in the beach thing, funhouse one, but why not this? confused.gif

[-Vice-Andreas-]

Great job with the new cheats. I use the flying cars cheat non-stop now - when i'm mucking around and stuff.

I'm really, really looking forward to the Infinate Health cheat, would be so cool for to be able to rampage all you like and not die. Then again, they can still arrest you if you are pulled from a car. Even the Never Wanted cheat would be cool...

Whats this about a rumoured Mission Select cheat? I really hope that you could focus on this cheat and either release the button code or confirm it's existance and keep the code from us for another time.

My question is, and considering I'm a fan of zombie films (the new Dawn was ecellent), is there a cheat or code to create a sort of zombie mode, where the streets are deserted, only abandoned cars, and all the people either shuffle along or run at CJ, just moaning a lot...?

As you said, peds hate CJ + reduced trafic allready gets you half way there. I think it should be possible to replace the peds run animation with walk, though, I don't know if it will actually slow them down, or if they'll still be approaching you as fast as if they are running, but with walk animation playing. If they are still moving too fast, there still should be an adjustable variable somewhere that controlls their speed, but it will be tough to find. You'll probably also want more peds to spawn. I think I saw a cheat device code for that too.

Well the thing about Peds hate CJ is that is they are still peds!!! What I mean is they still react the same like anyother time. You fire a gun they run. Its not that fun... sad.gif

PS: The farmers Rifle adds a nice Resident Evil 4 effect wink.gif

W00t first post I hope to get to know youall soon

It has been said that Country Traffic dosen't change peds but it does! Bikers on Freeways are still the blonds with a red bandana! I've seen them in Ganton!

Another thing to EdisonCarter :

Codes like Funhouse Theme takes a while to load so if there's another right combination after it, you could miss it! It's a small probability but may be you shoud retry all codes that fits in the loading delay.

It has been said that Country Traffic dosen't change peds but it does! Bikers on Freeways are still the blonds with a red bandana! I've seen them in Ganton!

Then explain to us what exactly got changed, if the bikers still look like bikers?

yeah mogyle thats how alot of the bikers on freeways look,unless you mean something different

am not sure if this has been asked before but when u use the 21:00 cheat does it give u unlimited time on all the vigilante and ambulance missions and all those?

sorry if this has already been asked but i havent seen it before

No but it does give you unlimited time for Home Invasion

You know what would be cool if these cheats were like the Enter the Matrix game. What I'm saying is that all these cheats are gonna add up to some mega-cheat something that everyone will love rockstar for! *sigh* But this is just a thought cryani.gif

Then explain to us what exactly got changed, if the bikers still look like bikers?

yeah mogyle thats how alot of the bikers on freeways look,unless you mean something different

What changes? When you use the Fun House theme, all peds becomes Burger Shot girls, Cluckin' Bell men... and they're all driving car.

With Country Traffic, you'll see area peds in Ranchers and all the vehicules except on the Freeway which keeps its biker. It's not an unusual biker, it's just he now appears in the city

Codes like Funhouse Theme takes a while to load so if there's another right combination after it, you could miss it! It's a small probability but may be you shoud retry all codes that fits in the loading delay.

It takes a while to load that codes cuz its changing hes clothes and stuff cuz all cheat that loads changes hes clothes/Make him fatter/smaller/more muscle and so on, cuz if u have nearly full fat and put in the fat code it dont load so much smile.gif

It takes a while to load that codes cuz its changing hes clothes and stuff cuz all cheat that loads changes hes clothes/Make him fatter/smaller/more muscle and so on, cuz if u have nearly full fat and put in the fat code it dont load so much smile.gif

It seems you don't understand me. I'm not complaining about the time it takes to load all changes! It takes only about 1 second but Edison's device try 10 combinations by second. Imagine the case that 3 codes after Funhouse there is another cheat. It'll be in the second of loading so it can't be activated I think...

I'm not saying I'm right but I wanted to point that possibility out

It seems you don't understand me. I'm not complaining about the time it takes to load all changes! It takes only about 1 second but Edison's device try 10 combinations by second. Imagine the case that 3 codes after Funhouse there is another cheat. It'll be in the second of loading so it can't be activated I think...

I'm not saying I'm right but I wanted to point that possibility out

Oh, now i understand what u mean, sorry blush.gif

Yea thats possible.... wink.gif

I found a wierd thing concerning cheats: for me, cheats such as the flying cars cheat don't work if i put them in faster or slower than the pre-defined rate. Now I know edisoncarter has discovered many cheats using his method, but if certain cheats have different rates tan others, the cheat might not be accepted! I have found that the "spawn stuntplane" cheat requires a certain speed, and has a very low margin of error.

Or simply it might just be that my PS2 sucks... tounge.gif

Edit: Plus for certain cheats now it dosn't display the "cheat activated" message or play the sound... This might cause a flaw in the system.

Edited by A3R0B0Y

yes, I do agree it must be really annoying for edison to come back and find about 50 new posts saying "hunter cheat" "cheat for hunter" "hunter something" "found any hunter cheat" and stuff like that. Let's get it straight: HE'S NOT MAKING THE CHEATS! HE IS ONLY DISCOVERING ALREADY EXISTING CHEATS HIDDEN BY R*!

...I think...

anyway, @wildhalcyon: I'm not sure, but I think the cars can be pretty fast... tried out with a flying perennial from south-western end to las venturas... it's way fast at a point... but hard to steer. it gets blurred in an instant. when I get back home I'll make some comparison's with banshees, super GT's, hydra's, etc.

ngood idea, btw.

@A3R0B0Y: I didn't understand what you were talking about... what's that speed rate stuff?

Cars Float Away When Hit

SQUARE, R2, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, L2, X

Tap any vehicle with your car and it floats up. Can be used to get above the max height limit. If you like skydiving, tap a heli and get in before it gets away and you can go as high as you want.

I bumped a car and then got on top of it using the jetpack. It took a while, but it eventually took me all the way up past the max height limit. With a helicopter, it goes up quickly but you can't go down. It had no problem going way up. I got so high that when I jumped out, it took 2 minutes before the altimeter started moving. I flew a plane up and it started to explode when it got too much above max height, but no such problem with a heli. You can put on cars fly and park a car under a covered area so it doesn't get away when you hit it. Whateven vehicle you fly, you start to lose control above the max height limit. In a helicopter, you can't move left/right/forward/back, just keep going up. In a flying car, it just keeps going the same direction and you can't turn. In an airplane, I was able to go a above max and then aim it down and power myself back down. I don't know if I would have fully lost control if I went higher.

If you're trying to tap a plane or heli and get in, I've found that if I gently hit it with a motorcycle so it doesn't bounce off but just hits it and stays touching, the friction keeps the plane on the ground.

I thought I might be able to fly up and stand on the wing of a Rustler and get in, but CJ has to jump off the wing first and climb back on.

Cars Float Away When Hit

SQUARE, R2, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, L2, X

Tap any vehicle with your car and it floats up.  Can be used to get above the max height limit.  If you like skydiving, tap a heli and get in before it gets away and you can go as high as you want.

I bumped a car and then got on top of it using the jetpack.  It took a while, but it eventually took me all the way up past the max height limit.  With a helicopter, it goes up quickly but you can't go down.  It had no problem going way up.  I got so high that when I jumped out, it took 2 minutes before the altimeter started moving.  I flew a plane up and it started to explode when it got too much above max height, but no such problem with a heli.  You can put on cars fly and park a car under a covered area so it doesn't get away when you hit it.  Whateven vehicle you fly, you start to lose control above the max height limit.  In a helicopter, you can't move left/right/forward/back, just keep going up.  In a flying car, it just keeps going the same direction and you can't turn.  In an airplane, I was able to go a above max and then aim it down and power myself back down.  I don't know if I would have fully lost control if I went higher.

If you're trying to tap a plane or heli and get in, I've found that if I gently hit it with a motorcycle so it doesn't bounce off but just hits it and stays touching, the friction keeps the plane on the ground.

I thought I might be able to fly up and stand on the wing of a Rustler and get in, but CJ has to jump off the wing first and climb back on.

Strange how you find this code so soon after posting the Negative Gravity gameshark code. But congrats on another excellent find!

EDIT: The cars bear striking resemblance to balloons or the large floats you see at parades. I'm gonna call this cheat "Balloon Cars" even if you're not

tounge.gif

Edited by DDR Midian

@meth.: I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

That doesn't surprise me. Guess I'll leave you poor bastards to your worshiping.

Well since you're gonna go all bitchy about it, you might as well tell me what was wrong with my sentence. Everyone else thought it was fine.

@edisoncarter: Sorry for making your topic a mess. Does the Heavy Motorcycle code have a working ARMax PAL conversion yet?

Thebluntman101

i just thought of what you could do, with just two cheats.(MEGA PUNCH AND CARS FLOAT) Get ALOT of stars, then when the cops come for you, just stand there. When they get in range, either punch them or shoot them, maybe they'll fly off XD! imagine, if they jumped out in midair and you got a pic! happy.gif

@edisoncarter: Sorry for making your topic a mess. Does the Heavy Motorcycle code have a working ARMax PAL conversion yet?

I have a PAL conversion of Heavy Motorcycle that Skiller did, but I don't have a PAL version of Disable Motorcycle+Bicycle Damage (Crashing) and it would be useless without that.

Edit:

Interesting... once cars become floaters, they're not affected by gravity anymore. If I put on negative gravity, they don't do anything different.

Edited by edisoncarter

I have a PAL conversion of Heavy Motorcycle that Skiller did, but I don't have a PAL version of Disable Motorcycle+Bicycle Damage (Crashing) and it would be useless without that.

By that do you mean the Disable Damage code can't be converted, or you just haven't done it yet? I've just noticed this is the wrong place to be asking but meh, I've started now.