2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Newly Discovered Button Cheats!

edisoncarter

Dude the mower has hydrolics!!!!!!!!!!! And the clown is everywhere same with the bandeto(sp?)! But i saw none of the 1's i just stated the 2nd time I did it so it depends on what the game feels like doing. I also saw a few hotknif driving around! I dont know if the bandito has hydrolics or not. Nice find Edison!

Edited by C.J.

The game froze on me while I was having fun with the caddy hydraulics.

Is it just a random freeze glitch or is it a caddy glitch?

The game froze on me while I was having fun with the caddy hydraulics.

Is it just a random freeze glitch or is it a caddy glitch?

yea same here i was driving the whoope w/ hydralics and all of a sudden froze.

That could be the reason they didnt make it so you could mod those cars, because they couldn't fix the bugs before the release date.

Who's skiller?

And why can't someone just tell me here?

I only need to know which data file it is in,

that's all!

And you're dam right I'm desperate,

you try spending 8 hours looking at "00 38 95 00 F4 09 F9 E3 A0" and not get whatever you are saying!

if u realy want to know where the codes exactly are .. take a look at the Non jokerd vers on my Database .. it will give u the exact address to where the code is .. but the only problem is . the button cheats run through a buffer ..

and not the same Bufffer that the Joker uses ..

it runs Threw a 8bit joker buffer to produce the affect of pressing 1 button after another ..

hens why button cheats are like L1,L2 not L1+L2 thats the diffrence between 8 and 16 bit jokers ..

Some Stuff u will not see unless u have the right tools .. like the White aria in the elf .. where most of the codes exist ..

anothere thing i have noticed is that the button cheats once activated just have an off on setting ..

01 = on

00 = off

One way to find the main Address for each code could be to run the code i have set as jokers .. (the one that uses the enabler) and turn on all the cheats or most and see what all gets 01 as a value in the active cheat section of the elf .. also see what the Cheat button buffer gets changed to.. iv been meaning to try this with the codes i have to see if they do activate the main section or if it just keeps them in the sub .. but its a little hard to test when u cant produce dumps of the elfs ..

The only way to find a joker is when your activating it since its in a buffer..

But there shoudl be a way to scan the whats in the buffer when the game is on but i have no idea how to do this ..

one thing to remember u can only play around with them files if u own the game if u have the files and u dont own the game then dont say anything .. or u be in a little truble . if the wrong word gets out ..

If you have the "Cars Fly" cheat on, and you go to the beach or anywhere where you can easily drive in and drive out of the water, and BACK THE CAR INTO the water (in reverse, otherwise, you might be able to pull it back out) and then wait for the car to sink under the water completely, hit the gas and drive it back onto shore or the beach.

Since the game thinks the car has sunk, it turns off the engine sounds. So you have a silent "electric" car now.

If you get out of the car and get back in, the sounds of the engine come back.

If you have the "Cars Fly" cheat on, and you go to the beach or anywhere where you can easily drive in and drive out of the water, and BACK THE CAR INTO the water (in reverse, otherwise, you might be able to pull it back out) and then wait for the car to sink under the water completely, hit the gas and drive it back onto shore or the beach.

Since the game thinks the car has sunk, it turns off the engine sounds. So you have a silent "electric" car now.

suicidal.gifand what is so good about that

We can be eco friendly tounge2.gif

We can be eco friendly tounge2.gif

I noticed this also...

If you turn the "cars fly" cheat off however when you come out of the water... Your car will be motionless (because the motor actually isn't running)

But as for the sound, when you get out, and get back in, the car is running again and is driveable...

the "funhouse" cheat made it so that the CJ model uses the default CJ body texture over top of the normal texture. What I mean is that it covers his tattoos, even after you deactivate the cheat. It uses the default body texture whether hes fat, muscly, or skinny. It sucks because I thought it just erased his tattoos, so I went through all the trouble of getting back to the hidden tattoo place only to find out that I already had them. It show the body texture and tattoos that it should when he's in the chair, just not when he gets out of the chair

If anyone can help me out here, I'd very much appreciate it

P.S. The monster truck that's parked in the trailer park doesn't have hydrolics

P.P.S. I agree that this should be pinned again

the "funhouse" cheat made it so that the CJ model uses the default CJ body texture over top of the normal texture. What I mean is that it covers his tattoos, even after you deactivate the cheat. It uses the default body texture whether hes fat, muscly, or skinny. It sucks because I thought it just erased his tattoos, so I went through all the trouble of getting back to the hidden tattoo place only to find out that I already had them. It show the body texture and tattoos that it should when he's in the chair, just not when he gets out of the chair

If anyone can help me out here, I'd very much appreciate it

P.S. The monster truck that's parked in the trailer park doesn't have hydrolics

P.P.S. I agree that this should be pinned again

That cheat does the same as the beach party...

Tatoos and Hair i'm not sure about... But as for getting his body back to regular, just go to your Wardrobe and change his clothes, then if you want your regular muscular body back, just take his shirt back off... Worked for me...

and it only puts hydrolics on cars actually going down the road, not parked ones wink.gif

also the rhino, ambulance, and firetruck can't have hydrolics. everything else is all good tho tounge.gif

Weird thing happened with the funhouse cheat. I went into the Pizza Stack in SF, and left. Then I went into SF's Victim store, went up to the clerk, then left. I went into Downtown. All peds suddenly disappeared. And even stranger, everyone in cars except for gang members, clowns in Mr. Whoopees and Pizza Stack guys on Pizzaboys...turned into that black guy with the jean jacket and baige pants and a semi-high voice. The one who says stuff like "C'mon, dammit!", "C'mon man, move!" and "Aww...dis foo!"

I've had a hard time finding a go cart and bandito too. I've never seen a bandito ever. I've seen carts twice but wasn't able to catch them. Is there someplace you can go where you're more likely to see them?

Does the cart have hydraulics?

At some point the go cart will spawn:

in Back of Madd Dogs house and in the trailer park in angel pine

I have 100% and didn't really remember when they showed up.

I have never seen the bandito outside of the race-- if you start the race, just drive it to a garage and exit-- you will fail the race but the game will save your vehicle there.

Spuds.

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

i typed in the "media level meter" code from vice city and it says cheat activated, but i didnt really notice anything.

the code is circleL1downL2leftXR1L1rightX

There's another that goes upXtriangleXtriangleXsquareR2right

Similarly a "Cheat Activated" message appears, but nothing noticable happened. I think this was posted in this thread some time ago by someone else. Can't remember where I got this "mystery" cheat from. confused.gif

I've had a hard time finding a go cart and bandito too.  I've never seen a bandito ever.  I've seen carts twice but wasn't able to catch them.  Is there someplace you can go where you're more likely to see them?

Does the cart have hydraulics?

Yup, the Cart has hydraulics...

Bandito can be found along the beach... I'll try and find a picture of where it is and post it... It spawns there even from the beginning of the game before you even have access to SanFierro...

user posted image

Edited by Celica144db

I wonder what those 2 mystery codes are for.......

Anyways i got a spare controller and id like to try this out and also help out. Can someone tell me how to go on doing this?

The concept i understand. He gets a parallel cable and hooks it up with wires to the circuit board on the PS2 controller and on the points of X, Square, Up/down/left/right, O, Triangle and L1 L2 R2 R1. With a software (which i dont know which one is) he sends 1s (press) and 0s (dont press) to each of the buttons. When the BEEP in San Andreas is heard by the program then it logs it as a active code. I would just need to know the software used, how do you set it to the min presses and max presses for SA cheats what pins do you hook up to where on the PS2 controller and how do you determine when SA goes "Cheat Activated"

Edited by riahc3

There's another that goes upXtriangleXtriangleXsquareR2right

Similarly a "Cheat Activated" message appears, but nothing noticable happened. I think this was posted in this thread some time ago by someone else. Can't remember where I got this "mystery" cheat from. confused.gif

Youre so called "mystery cheat", is the cheat that activates All Taxi's Have Nitrous.

Unless you have completed all the taxi fares, then the cheat deactivates it =)

i typed in the "media level meter" code from vice city and it says cheat activated, but i didnt really notice anything.

the code is circle    L1    down    L2    left    X    R1    L1    right    X 

Does anyone know what this code does

Well, with this code nearly everycar has a white color, nothing new^^

Its kinda new ive seen Pink and Black but never white

Remo Williams

Has anyone else seen "Back to the Future"-style wheels when using the flying cars cheat? I had them soon after I first used it, so I figured it happened all the time, but I haven't seen them since. I first noticed it getting into a Jester in L.S., I think in Market or Commerce. I had been activating and deactivating numerous cheats, including most of the new ones, except for the latest three, so I have no idea which exact set of cheats I was working with.

It was a bit buggy, anyway: my wheels were usually sideways on the ground, but reverted to normal as soon as I took off, which makes it seem kinda pointless. Other cars had the sideways wheels too, even cop cars and such, but if they got to a certain angle from your point of view, they'd look regular again.

Has anyone else seen "Back to the Future"-style wheels when using the flying cars cheat? I had them soon after I first used it, so I figured it happened all the time, but I haven't seen them since. I first noticed it getting into a Jester in L.S., I think in Market or Commerce. I had been activating and deactivating numerous cheats, including most of the new ones, except for the latest three, so I have no idea which exact set of cheats I was working with.

It was a bit buggy, anyway: my wheels were usually sideways on the ground, but reverted to normal as soon as I took off, which makes it seem kinda pointless. Other cars had the sideways wheels too, even cop cars and such, but if they got to a certain angle from your point of view, they'd look regular again.

You were using the Drive on water code cause it is suppose to give that look of hovering so you can drive cars on water,

and Good work Edison

Remo Williams

You probably had the "floating cars" cheat activated.

Ah, I see, thanks. I hadn't really used any cheats before the excellent ones found here by edisoncarter, so I wasn't familiar with all of their results.

BTW, on page 21 of this thread, me123 refers to using the gameshark code for "all cars have hydraulics," and how it also causes hotdog vans, hotknifes (hotknives?) , etc. to spawn. Obviously, this is the same as the funhouse button cheat.

Dude i put in the Funhouse theim and fly cars cheats and i surfed on the mr woopiee forever!!!! u gotta try this just dont shoot it when its in the air cus itll plummet down fast as hell! (i was on the "bannana split" part)O and who ever found the kart? I think thay ment golf cart cus i was searchin forever and never found a single one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then i got pissed. but at least i can beat up a clown and not involve court! rolleyes.gif

Edited by C.J.

the code is circleL1downL2leftXR1L1rightX

i tried that sh*t and it still doesnt work or show any "cheat activated" thingy bored.gif

Let's please keep it on-topic in here. There is enough spam as it is without people requesting cheats and making nonsensical posts. This topic has already had to be cleaned up once before, and it is safe to assume that it will be accompanied with warnings / bannings if it has to be done again.
31805323.png

O and who ever found the kart? I think thay ment golf cart cus i was searchin forever and never found a single one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then i got pissed. but at least i can beat up a clown and not involve court! rolleyes.gif

Yes, there are go karts all around. I found a few in the Los Venturas island in the western region, mostly. The hydraulics on it are really funny because when you put them up it doesn't even show the wheels connecting, just looks like they're floating in the air.

Isn't the fun house cheat the rare/fast cars cheat?I see no diff. on that.The rare car cheat also enables the hotknife,and I saw the quad around too.Though,the hot dog van doesnt spawn...and both have similar buttons to hit. confused.gif

& @ Remo Will,that also happens when the cars on water cheat is activated in vice city.

Do ur CJ normally were hearted boxers? lol thats another differrent

I wonder what those 2 mystery codes are for.......

Anyways i got a spare controller and id like to try this out and also help out. Can someone tell me how to go on doing this?

The concept i understand. He gets a parallel cable and hooks it up with wires to the circuit board on the PS2 controller and on the points of X, Square, Up/down/left/right, O, Triangle and L1 L2 R2 R1. With a software (which i dont know which one is) he sends 1s (press) and 0s (dont press) to each of the buttons. When the BEEP in San Andreas is heard by the program then it logs it as a active code. I would just need to know the software used, how do you set it to the min presses and max presses for SA cheats what pins do you hook up to where on the PS2 controller and how do you determine when SA goes "Cheat Activated"

First of all, you don't hook the parallel port directly to the controller. You need some circuitry to make it work. Edisoncarter used optoisolators, which is one way to go. There are other things you can do if you know some digital logic. I think it will work with three-states. The software was also written by edisoncarter, so unless you get it from him, you'll have to write your own as well. Finaly, he used an audio recording tool to record when cheat occured, and then compared that against his program's log to see what cheat was entered.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

The problem with stating that one cheat freezes the game is that all cheats have the capability to. That's why it isn't suggested to save with them on in the first place. Sure, some may seem safer than others, but it still isn't wise to. It's better just to put a warning about all cheats.