2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Newly Discovered Button Cheats!

edisoncarter

i wonder why edison didint tell us about the cheat ?? o well keep up the good work edison biggrin.gif

^^ I don't understand what this poster meant. Isn't this whole thread about Edison giving us cheat codes?

Edison, thank you for enabling me to live out VoodooSlumlord's "Clucked Up" without purchasing a GameShark. Wow. I thought I was taking a PlayStation break, but I have to run back in there RIGHT NOW! Seriously, I'm going to buy you a cheeseburger. Just let me know when you're in Chicago.

maybe you can recrut ryder or bg smoke in a mission then fail so you could drive around with em that would rock rahkstar2.gif

i wonder why edison didint tell us about the cheat ?? o well keep up the good work edison  biggrin.gif

^^ I don't understand what this poster meant. Isn't this whole thread about Edison giving us cheat codes?

I added it to http://www.maxbot.com/gta first and someone at GameFAQs found it and posted it there before I got over here to post it.

I recruited the airport security guard. He's goin nuts trying to get out of his little office.

Can you recruit your girlfriend after a date and keep her from going back in her house?

i wonder why edison didint tell us about the cheat ?? o well keep up the good work edison  biggrin.gif

I added it to http://www.maxbot.com/gta first and someone at GameFAQs found it and posted it there before I got over here to post it.

I recruited the airport security guard. He's goin nuts trying to get out of his little office.

Can you recruit your girlfriend after a date and keep her from going back in her house?

you da man! sly.gif

color=blueFinally, The cheat I have been waiting for! I've even got Firemen, Ambulance Drivers , and Police with me!/red

Are you making a Village People band? :-)

i recruited police men and then we all went floating away in a bus. Heh then I jumped out and bam. I parachuted but they all went splat on the pavement. I got a wanted star too!

Some things for people to test:

- If you enable Pedestrians Have Weapons (R2, R1, X, TRIANGLE, X, TRIANGLE, UP, DOWN) first, can you recruit people with better or at least different weapons? You could always deactivate it when you've completed your recruiting so your enemies won't all be armed.

yep, it works. got a chick in a bikini packin a m4 devil.gif

JamesHarris135

- If you enable Pedestrians Have Weapons (R2, R1, X, TRIANGLE, X, TRIANGLE, UP, DOWN) first, can you recruit people with better or at least different weapons?  You could always deactivate it when you've completed your recruiting so your enemies won't all be armed.

yep, it works. got a chick in a bikini packin a m4 devil.gif

ah nuts you beat me to it

Edison you are AWESOME!!! Pretty soon I can sell my GameShark lol tounge.gif

Oh yea and.....ITS MY 300TH POST!!!!!!!! sorry I just had to get that out of my system lol tounge.gif

.:GTA MA$TA:.

sad.gifsad.gif this sucks i completliy crashed my gta game edison im not disin you but people never put in all of the land mod cheats and the water leval cheat in at once i did it and saved and my game wont play any more i know its my fault but it sucks balls sad.gif

sad.gif  sad.gif this sucks  i completliy crashed my  gta game edison im not disin you but people never put in all of the land mod cheats and the water leval cheat in at once i did it and saved and my game wont play any more i know its my fault but it sucks balls sad.gif

rampage_ani.gif

Thats why I will never save my game with some Game Shark codes or some specific cheat.

(Thanks for telling us & Sorry for what happened sad.gif )

Edited by Jérémie Blanc

rampage_ani.gif

I also found out that when you do the "recruit anyone" cheat, then when you recruit some pedestrians (any), they have a lot of health (maybe the same amount as yours) 'cause I was using a chainsaw yo kill one of my gang member & they took a while to die.

sad.gifsad.gif this sucks i completliy crashed my gta game edison im not disin you but people never put in all of the land mod cheats and the water leval cheat in at once i did it and saved and my game wont play any more i know its my fault but it sucks balls sad.gif

Ok Can you play a new game or is it the WHole Disc? I hope not because I saved after I put in just the landscape code and my game still works but the only thing wrong with my game is that theres a radio in my Wardrobe and the Fonts where it tells you what street your on are diffrent colors but I think it's almost time for my game to crash if I keep saving with those type of codes.

Try this out... Do the extra territories glitch. Then recruit three Ballas and take them to one of the extra Balla territories where Ballas usually don't appear. Take them out of your gang and attack them. It might start a gang war and you'll be able to take over the territory you normally wouldn't be able to.

edisoncarter, well done for finding a new cheat, you never cease to amaze me.

But people telling you they love you for finding them? confused.gif sounds like they got an addiction problem or something!

Heh, imagine recruiting Ballas, Vagos and San Fierro Rifa...yeah, that'd be weird. Cookie for edisoncarter for being so knowledgeable to do this cookie.gif

Try this out... Do the extra territories glitch. Then recruit three Ballas and take them to one of the extra Balla territories where Ballas usually don't appear. Take them out of your gang and attack them. It might start a gang war and you'll be able to take over the territory you normally wouldn't be able to.

that sounds like a pretty good idea since ballas never show up in the desert area.

The GameFAQs people must be checking my site constantly because they found it like 10 minutes after I added it.

Recruit Anyone (9mm)

DOWN, SQUARE, UP, R2, R2, UP, RIGHT, RIGHT, UP

Recruit anyone, up to 7 people. Recruits get a 9mm if they don't already have a weapon.

- If you enable Pedestrians Have Weapons (R2, R1, X, TRIANGLE, X, TRIANGLE, UP, DOWN) first, can you recruit people with better or at least different weapons? You could always deactivate it when you've completed your recruiting so your enemies won't all be armed.

- Is it always up to seven? It was for me, but maybe with higher or lower respect, it changes.

One time I shot a guy to put my gang on him, then was able to recruit him. He took up a stance pointing his gun at his foot and slid backwards along the sidewalk like he was trying to back up to be able to attack himself. Usually you're not able to recruit someone you're attacking.

Edit:

I wonder if you can recruit people during a mission. For instance, when you're infiltrating a warehouse, could you recruit the guys shooting at you?

Hey just signed up to say a few things... Been following this thread for a while to get the cheats...

I noticed that you can recruit people that are attacking you if you shoot them then instantly hit "up" on the D-pad... This may help on recruiting people in missions...

I also found a strange glitch, where if you recruit Police/FBI etc, near a hospital and then allow yourself to die, when you wake up at the hospital they will still be there, they will have a alot more health than usual and you will not be able to auto-aim at them... If you get any wanted stars they will run up and try to fight you, but their punches do absolutely nothing... Found it rather perculiar...

I noticed that you can recruit people that are attacking you if you shoot them then instantly hit "up" on the D-pad... This may help on recruiting people in missions...

Nice find! I confirmed this works. I tried it on some Ballas who were attacking me. I still need to test on bad guys in a mission.

Edit:

I went on the St Marks Bistro mission again using synnplicity's technique. I was able to recruit any of the guys standing up, but I wasn't able to get anyone crouched on one knee. When I shot them, it didn't knock them off balance to interrupt them for that momentary chance to recruit them.

Recruits had inconsistent behaviour. I was proud of the guy with the shot gun who came over with me behind the flower bed and started shooting the bad guys by my side. One guy just stood there and wouldn't follow me. Three guys would follow me but some of them wouldn't always help fight. Two guys acted like they were successfully recruited and showed the green gang strength up indicator, and I couldn't target them anymore, but they kept shooting me.

Edited by edisoncarter

Awesome Edison! The cheat I've been waiting for for ages! biggrin.gif Shame my disc is being fixed at the moment but it's still cool!

starship poet

so did edison take a break from finding codes because 2 have been found in the last couple of days... or does he have that thing running all the time? either way though, i love when new ones show up. biggrin.gif

Two guys acted like they were successfully recruited and showed the green gang strength up indicator, and I couldn't target them anymore, but they kept shooting me.

i've had that happen quite a few times with some GSF memebers, without cheats. try yanking some GSF's out of a car and recruiting them before they stand back up. so it's not the code, it's something with the game itself wink.gif