2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Newly Discovered Button Cheats!

edisoncarter

Fly to the middle of the area of Liberty City on the map and fly straight up.  You want to be flying straight up when your controls lock so you're not moving laterally away from your target.  I'm not sure how you tell if you're going straight up in an invisible car.  Maybe look back and see if the ground is directly behind you, or use drive-by view to see where the nitro glow is, or just watch if your dot on the radar map is moving around.

People are saying that Vortex is partially controllable above the max height, so why not put a Vortex into the garage?

Because you can't put nitro into a Vortex wink.gif

I was wondering thesame.. a Quadbike is very easy to handle above the maximum height limit..

You can try it with a quadbike or vortex. I only said to get nitro to help with being able to see the invisible vehicle, but it's not essential.

So has anyone tried the plan to get to LC without a cheat device yet?

Fly to the middle of the area of Liberty City on the map and fly straight up.  You want to be flying straight up when your controls lock so you're not moving laterally away from your target.  I'm not sure how you tell if you're going straight up in an invisible car.  Maybe look back and see if the ground is directly behind you, or use drive-by view to see where the nitro glow is, or just watch if your dot on the radar map is moving around.

People are saying that Vortex is partially controllable above the max height, so why not put a Vortex into the garage?

Because you can't put nitro into a Vortex wink.gif

I was wondering thesame.. a Quadbike is very easy to handle above the maximum height limit..

You can try it with a quadbike or vortex. I only said to get nitro to help with being able to see the invisible vehicle, but it's not essential.

So has anyone tried the plan to get to LC without a cheat device yet?

i want to go to lc. Could you please explain it like

Step 1: information

Step 2: blah...

please because it will be easier for me to print it off and then follow the steps.

smile.gif thanks edison cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

EDIT: Maybe you could place the information below all the cheats, so people don't have to go through every page?

Edited by Luke2004

This topic has already had to be cleared of spammy posts a few times and I doubt anyone is eager to have to do it all over again. Please keep this on-topic and don't spam it up just because no-one has gotten around to answering your off-topic question yet confused.gif
31805323.png

rampage_ani.gif

is there any way to get to the room where you do some woozie missions or the room where you used to do the san fierro garage mission or etc.?

Please keep this on-topic and don't spam it up just because no-one has gotten around to answering your off-topic question yet confused.gif

sigh.gif

As mentioned, this topic is for the discussion and uses of the cheats that have been found so far, if anybody decides to post anything other that that, then use Search as you're more likely to find things that have already been explained... like ARMAX/GS codes.

Its really funny that Rockstar didnt release a infinite ammo, armor or/and health cheat for the game. Its the cheats that I think most people would most use. Anyways Its problably just a matter of days before edisoncarter discovers them because since theres a infinite oxygen one, it would be dumb not to put in a infinite (insert the word here) cheat. BTW edisoncarter is it true that to go thru all the combinations it would take 2-3 years? I read it i think early on in the thread. If it was like that i would think you arnt gonna go thru ALL of them just because of the simple reason that GTA SA for PC hits in the summer and you problably have some "plans" for that

more like 8 years suicidal.gif

8 years....I dont think so....Someone made calculations.....

Just so you people can know there are about 8,916,100,448,256 different possible combinations suicidal.gif I say about because i think codes can only be 9 - 12 combos so that takes some out...

Well maybe 8 years but the calculation someone did seemed pretty correct.

rampage_ani.gif

Are you sure there is at least 8,916,100,448,256 different type of code combination?

Because, The "All cars Invisible (Except Motorcycle)" Cheat has only 7 buttons to press!

(All cars Invisible (Except Motorcycle): Triangle, L1, Triangle, R2, Square, L1, L1)

I said about because of what you said about the min-max possible button combos....

edison if you do not mind and have time could you please tell us when the cycle is done? How long is it gonna take?

Well, TECHNICALLY there's an unlimited ammount of combinations, what does that number represent? ones using no duplicate buttons?

its not infinate. theres 12 buttons 9-12 buttons pressed in each combo.. so it would be alot, but not infinate.. for it to be infinate it would have to be a endless possible of buttons pressed..

I said about because of what you said about the min-max possible button combos....

edison if you do not mind and have time could you please tell us when the cycle is done? How long is it gonna take?

Although some of the codes are only 7 buttons long, you can't know how long each is going to be, so your search space is the 12-button long sequences. You can still pare down the search space significantly if you disallow "trivial" combinations: for instance, from the codes released so far, there aren't any combinations which use 4 or more of a number in a row. A fast program can probably go through a million combos in a second and knock out any of the "trivial" ones, then save the non-trivial ones to be tested. Additionaly, any sequence that proves valid as a sequence of less than 12 digits knocks out any 12 digit codes that contain those sequences as post-fixes.

That long number in the 8-trillion range is actually just 12^12, fyi.

all streetlights "strobe" streetlights

what code is this? i looked for it but i couldnt find H3LP PLZ!!

all streetlights "strobe" streetlights

what code is this? i looked for it but i couldnt find H3LP PLZ!!

You do have an "E" key. I know because you used it twice before that atrocity at the end.

The strobe lights thing is a Gameshark code, not a button code.

yep...

Anyway, i'm on an experdition to find Liberty City!!! I JUST found out i need to save my cars in THE garage in San Fiero, not A garage in San Fiero... suicidal.gif

And, back on your high note... Has anyone at rockstar or whereever specifically said "The buttons L3 and R3 are not used in ANY cheat"?? If not we could be waiting a very very long time... (longer than the 12 button estimate)

Along with all that, if EdisonCarter hasn't been able to play GTA:SA while scanning for cheats, every GTA:SA player in the world should be extremely greatful for the sacrafice he's made. I mean, how many of these new cheats just make you want to switch the old PS2 on and play!? (But we can't be too greatful, because to make teh videos you need to play teh game...)

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif ... breadfish_by_Moto.gif

see the way he has that stuff wired? I dont thinkhe could wire down to the L3/R3... it's a weird button... but if it's clickable maybe uses the system as the others?

anyway, none of the codes used those buttons so far, we have no reason to believe there is any. (I'm talking about R*'s cheats)

L3/R3 is when you press it, not when you move it. also, I've tried that cheat before the mount. chiliad and it works perfectly.

L3/R3 is when you press it, not when you move it. also, I've tried that cheat before the mount. chiliad and it works perfectly.

rampage_ani.gif

Then It was probably another cheat that screwed up my game.

rampage_ani.gif

Then It was probably another cheat that screwed up my game.

rampage_ani.gif

The cheat that screws up my game is: "Pedestrians Attack You" Cheat.

Pedestrian Attack You = Down, Up, Up, Up, X, R2, R1, L2, L2

pole position
rampage_ani.gif

I would like to have a "Change to Pedestrian" Cheat

Unless Rockstar took painstaking time to model another character besides CJ, I doubt it. Unless, maybe, you can be one of the two-player characters but not gain wieght or muscle... But then maybe clothes would be an issue... All I am saying is that the odds are very slim. Be thankful that you can do so much which CJ.

do you think that all this code searching could posibly damage edisons gta disk blink.gif

Its possible that'l happen. I personally would never risk destroying a $50 disk to please some people on a forum; nor would most of you, so spare me your disapproving remarks. Thats why edison is is the best! So heres a loaf of bread with...what appears to be a fish in the center breadfish_by_Moto.gif ??? Good job!

I'll have a go at removing the spam from the topic. Hopefully it won't just get refilled once I'm finished, but at the very least it'll make the pages prior to this post easier to navigate.

Until I'm finished, here are a couple of things for a certain few members to read and consider:

• edisoncarter does not have the ability to create these button cheats - he can only find the ones that Rockstar have themselves coded into the game. For this reason, posting here to request cheats will be completely futile, as will nagging him to find the codes quicker. You should be thankful he's choosing to share them with you at all.
  • There have also been some very off-topic questions, recently including how to unlock Wang Cars, how to modify bicycles, and how to create Action Replay codes. These have nothing to do with the topic at hand so please use the Search to find your answers, or failing that, post a new topic asking your question.
I'm going to lock this topic until I'm finished - mainly to prevent more spam from being added, but also so the above will be read and not overlooked as it has been countless times before. I'm pretty sure edisoncarter and the forum staff have the ability to add to this topic during this time if necessary so hopefully this won't prove too disruptive.

Bear in mind that there are almost a thousand posts in this topic, and although I'll try to get through them all as quickly as possible it will still take quite a while to do.

Apoligies for any inconvenience smile.gif

Temporarily Closed

EDIT: Done. Phew confused.gif

The posts that were removed were mostly either spam, cheat requests, repeated information, off-topic questions, ranting, bitching, etc. I doubt they will be missed. You might notice a few spammy posts still remaining - it took me almost two hours to trim the crap out of this topic and, understandably, I might have missed a few of 'em along the way wink.gif

I'm pretty sure that was the FOURTH time this topic has had to be cleared. That's just plain ridiculous. Please take note of what I've said above. I doubt anyone wants to clear up this topic again in a hurry.

Reopened

Edited by Barguast
31805323.png

Carl CJ Johnson

You'd think R* would release some codes to give edison a break or IGN to compete to get hits or maybe they are out of cheats

That long number in the 8-trillion range is actually just 12^12, fyi.

Exactly thats all i did. Got the max combo to a cheat and just multiplied it by itself (which are the number of buttons) Sorry if it was incorrect. Since you seem to know your mathamatics can you please tell us off the top of your head how long you think its gonna take...

Someone said that a website scanned thru the game and found this hex numbers which are related to cheats. Wouldnt there be a way to convert hex to a proper language? Or just plainly convert hex to something then that something to something else we can understand. I dont know much about programming but this does sound like a reasonable solution....

Another possible maybe why this cant be done (and i would be answering my own questions) is that those hex codes are just under a section named "Button codes" and the descriptive text about the combo is there but the button code is in some place else of the game.

Thank you for wasting your time by reading this post. sigh.gif

Edited by riahc3

actually there are more than 12^12 possible cheat combinations, since not all cheats have 12 buttons.

cheat buttons range from 12 to 7 so the the real number of "cheat button combos" is

12^12 + 11^12 + 10^12 + 9^12 + 8^12 + 7^12

= (8.916 + 3.138 + 1.000 + 0.282 + 0.0687 + 0.0138) x 10^12

= 1.270 x 10^13 cheat button combos

however a lot of those button codes will OVERLAP each other, and so i estimate the total number of buttons he needs to actually press is around 10^8. that could well be wrong, since to work out the actual number you need complicated maths which i dont know and cant be bothered using.

BTW: mods listen up

Gang Patrol *                                   <  >  >  >  <  X  v  ^  [] >  v

the full code doesnt need that "down" at the end. if you dont believe me, try it urself.

You'd think R* would release some codes to give edison a break or IGN to compete to get hits or maybe they are out of cheats

Perhaps Edison works for Rockstar. Does it really seem entirely improbable that the executives at Rockstar would send an employee to disseminate such information through an unafilliated third party so as to get in touch with gamers and provide them an enhanced gameplay experience, as well as to aid in the creation of a community of fervid gta fans. Seriously, Edison's work has continued to provide us all with an opportunity to enjoy the game in new and unique ways and has helped to keep SA in the limelight. Even if Edison does not work for Rockstar (which I candidly admit is most likely the case), his work is an asset to the company, as they have only to gain from his efforts. If anything, Rockstar is liklely more reticent in terms of realesing codes as a result of Edison.

By the way Edisoncarter, don't take this the wrong way; I truly respect your work.

but if edison did work at rahkstar2.gif why would he made that controler thing.just a thought rah.gif

Edited by edsion 2

if you die while orange skies is activated the times you are healed at is stuck there. and if you die and take off orange skies time flies by really fast. if this has been posted then......... die2.gif

Perhaps Edison works for Rockstar. Does it really seem entirely improbable that the executives at Rockstar would send an employee to disseminate such information through an unafilliated third party so as to get in touch with gamers and provide them an enhanced gameplay experience, as well as to aid in the creation of a community of fervid gta fans. Seriously, Edison's work has continued to provide us all with an opportunity to enjoy the game in new and unique ways and has helped to keep SA in the limelight. Even if Edison does not work for Rockstar (which I candidly admit is most likely the case), his work is an asset to the company, as they have only to gain from his efforts. If anything, Rockstar is liklely more reticent in terms of realesing codes as a result of Edison.

By the way Edisoncarter, don't take this the wrong way; I truly respect your work.

Not entirely improbable, but highly improbable.

actually there are more than 12^12 possible cheat combinations, since not all cheats have 12 buttons.

cheat buttons range from 12 to 7 so the the real number of "cheat button combos" is

12^12 + 11^12 + 10^12 + 9^12 + 8^12 + 7^12

= (8.916 + 3.138 + 1.000 + 0.282 + 0.0687 + 0.0138) x 10^12

= 1.270 x 10^13 cheat button combos

It is exactly 12^12, because if you try every possible 12 button combination, you can't miss any of the 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 button combinations. It is mathematically impossible.

however a lot of those button codes will OVERLAP each other, and so i estimate the total number of buttons he needs to actually press is around 10^8. that could well be wrong, since to work out the actual number you need complicated maths which i dont know and cant be bothered using.

This way you can bring it down to 12^12 key strokes instead of 12^12 combinations, but that is an absolute theoretical minimum, because you have to add at least one key stroke to add a new combination, and you have to go through 12^12 combinations if you don't want to run the risk of missing one. Overall, this would make entering combinations 12 times faster, but I'm not sure if developing the right algorithm is worth it. For just entering 12^12 12 button combinations the algorithm is painfully simple.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Perhaps Edison works for Rockstar. Does it really seem entirely improbable that the executives at Rockstar would send an employee to disseminate such information through an unafilliated third party so as to get in touch with gamers and provide them an enhanced gameplay experience, as well as to aid in the creation of a community of fervid gta fans. Seriously, Edison's work has continued to provide us all with an opportunity to enjoy the game in new and unique ways and has helped to keep SA in the limelight. Even if Edison does not work for Rockstar (which I candidly admit is most likely the case), his work is an asset to the company, as they have only to gain from his efforts. If anything, Rockstar is likely more reticent in terms of realesing codes as a result of Edison.

Thanks, I love this game and I think I've added some replay value of my own with my Water Level GameShark Cheat, Trees and Rocks in the Streets, Heavy Motorcycle, Jetpack Unlimited Height, Negative Gravity, etc.

I can assure you, I do not work for Rockstar.

Overall, this would make entering combinations 12 times faster, but I'm not sure if developing the right algorithm is worth it. For just entering 12^12 12 button combinations the algorithm is painfully simple.

Think about how long it would be to wait 12 times as long for each cheat. It would have been several months to get the cheats we have so far.

I don't know if my post about this survived the first purge, but you can enter more than one button at a time, too. For instance, you can enter the jetpack code as:

LEFT, RIGHT, L1+L2+R1+R2, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT.

Try it. You have to hit L1+L2+R1+R2 all at the same time.

It's only a small optimization, but every little bit helps.

The priority order for buttons pressed at the same time is:

TRIANGLE

CIRCLE

X

SQUARE

UP

DOWN

LEFT

RIGHT

L1

L2

R1

R2

(Dang, we lost some of the classic first few posts. I loved the one "the mods are gonna ban you for posting fake cheats." Seriously, thank you whoever that was, it made it all the more fun when they turned out to be real.)

Edited by edisoncarter

Don't worry about them, Edison. dey juss h8taz. tounge.gif

I don't understand the logic of codes have two different button variations. Never had that problem in Vice City. suicidal.gif

edison do u think that rock star put a heavy cars cheat in the game ?

just curious wat your opinion is. and any other ideas of cheats u think might be

edison do u think that rock star put a heavy cars cheat in the game ?

All cheats have been checked out in advance by Skiller with a GameShark, see:

http://www.codemasters-project.net/members...ctivejokerd.htm

Since there was a heavy car cheat in Vice City, it was a likely cheat to find in SA, but it doesn't look like it made it in. I think I might know why. When I tried to make a heavy cars cheat, there were all kinds of traction problems and it was just hard to drive, and other cars didn't bounce off as well as I remember in Vice City. They probably just took a pass on this one due to complications with the new car physics.

Luckily, I found that it works perfectly with motorcycles.

Edited by edisoncarter