Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,762 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

meathead

GTA2 free legal download

radioman

bump*

I went to the rockstar site to download it, but when i go to my email to click and download, the page just comes up with nothing, guess they discontinued it, and it was for a limited time only.

If it is not working for you, then it is either your Internet connection is too slow OR it is not available in your country. What country are you in? OR what is your internet connection? Are you 18 or older? Remember the game is M rated, so you have to be at least 17 to download it..

I am in the USA, and everything seems fine here-GTA II at Rockstar Games website.

im in usa but when i click the link that rockstar sent me it doesn't download it just goes to a blank page. maybe discontinued.

Are you over the age of 17? Remember, that GTA games are rated M(which means you MUST be at least 17 to Purchase(or in this case Download for Free) the game(s). Also, is your AV/Firewall program blocking it-try disabling them(ie. turn them OFF) and try again...

xxxcmpunkv1xxx
bump*

I went to the rockstar site to download it, but when i go to my email to click and download, the page just comes up with nothing, guess they discontinued it, and it was for a limited time only.

If it is not working for you, then it is either your Internet connection is too slow OR it is not available in your country. What country are you in? OR what is your internet connection? Are you 18 or older? Remember the game is M rated, so you have to be at least 17 to download it..

I am in the USA, and everything seems fine here-GTA II at Rockstar Games website.

im in usa but when i click the link that rockstar sent me it doesn't download it just goes to a blank page. maybe discontinued.

Are you over the age of 17? Remember, that GTA games are rated M(which means you MUST be at least 17 to Purchase(or in this case Download for Free) the game(s). Also, is your AV/Firewall program blocking it-try disabling them(ie. turn them OFF) and try again...

yes but when i click the link it does nothing, i don't know what to do its very confusing, and also my computer goes crazy and messes up whenever i click on the link, I hope its not a virus.

Sektor

Rockstar wouldn't send you a link to a virus but it is a really large file and if your web browser tried to display it instead of download it then it could slow your computer.

edit: expired links removed

Edited by Sektor

xxxcmpunkv1xxx

edit: expired links removed

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! its downloading right now, i will let you know if it works or not. but thank you so much!!

Edited by Sektor

xxxcmpunkv1xxx

ok, i downloaded it but when i go to the manager it says no suitable graphic card could be found, i have a graphic card so i don't know whats the problem?

Sektor

What graphics card do you have?

What happens if you run gta2.exe before gta2 manager.exe?

Did you try updating your video drivers?

Is hardware acceleration enabled in dxdiag?

ClaudeSpeedIV

What graphics card do you have?

What happens if you run gta2.exe before gta2 manager.exe?

Did you try updating your video drivers?

Is hardware acceleration enabled in dxdiag?

Nvidia Geforce 6150se, and yes it is enabled, and when i run gta2.exe it comes to a black screen and freezes up i don't understand.

EDIT: nevermind it works fine now.

Edited by ClaudeSpeedIV

Kalvin

Does anyone here still have GTA2 for PC? if so, can someone post here, or over pm to me the files?

I put in my email address at the site yadadada, opened the email, clicked the link; Blank page. I tried on every single Browser:

Mozilla Firefox

Firefox Azoura

Internet Explorer

Safari

I can't find any download link except the one from Rockstar's site, but as i said. It dosen't work sad.gif

Kalvin

Wow, man. Seriously, thanks! now i can go back in time to ol' memory lane.. colgate.gif

Edited by ManDog

Zisis1992

Thanks man! I'm downloading this right now! smile.gif I had some troubles with the R* upload of GTA2 (the same as the guy a few posts ago, blank page instead of downloading the file)...

Edited by Sektor

racersg
*NOTE: The information you provide on this form may be collected even if you are not eligible to download the game

Hmmm... I hope that doesnt mean an age requirement. The RPC rating was teen right?

Nope , I think its rated M for mature. That means you must be atleast 18 to play it rolleyes.gif

Not to be a smart-*ss, but it's 17. confused.gif But on the PS it is T, the only GTA game with that rating, and the only one there ever will be. This should be in the Guinness Book of World Records: Only GTA game with a T rating. tounge.gif

GAME MASTER

You can also download GTA 2 on PSP via PSX emulator.... check on this. You can also check on Youtube for demonstration on GTA 2 download.

Verdant

Just downloaded this game last night.

Absolutely love it, I didn't like the way they put the saving system with having to pay though. Other than that, it's great!

ModsIncorporated

Age limits for games do not mean a thing. If your parents buy the game and say to the cleark it is for my 6 year old child (say the game is rated M) they will not stop u. you must be 18 or older to BUY the game not PLAY it.

I am 14 and my sister gets M games for me all the time smile.gif

S99
Just downloaded this game last night.

Absolutely love it, I didn't like the way they put the saving system with having to pay though. Other than that, it's great!

there is some things out there to stop you paying for saving want to know more PM as you might not be able to talk about it on the forums

Petsevsky

I just downloaded it today! It is great since I can relive the good old afternoon times playing that game on my PSOne. smile.gif

Patricia_my

I'll check it out. I haven't played it yet.

LittleBlueTroll

Just decided to get oldschool and play GTA 2, I had the game for PC along with GTA (Original) and GTA London.

But i couldn't find my GTA 2 disc, then i realised you can download if for free! AWESOME. rahkstar2.gif

FredFive

Bummer... Just wanted to have some good ol' fun.. wonder why they've disabled downloads cryani.gif

"The Rockstar Classics free download series is currently unavailable."

Source

austinkopeck
Bummer... Just wanted to have some good ol' fun.. wonder why they've disabled downloads cryani.gif

Source

f*ck. Bummer man. I wanted to go old school, but then this sh*t happens. I don't know why it's unavailable. I think they are eithr updating the games or even adding a new game(maybe GTA London?).

Molotok

Bummer... Just wanted to have some good ol' fun.. wonder why they've disabled downloads  cryani.gif

Source

f*ck. Bummer man. I wanted to go old school, but then this sh*t happens. I don't know why it's unavailable. I think they are eithr updating the games or even adding a new game(maybe GTA London?).

We don't allow discussion of warez here

Edited by Kirsty

FredFive
Bummer... Just wanted to have some good ol' fun.. wonder why they've disabled downloads  cryani.gif

Source

How's this talking about warez? I just posted that R* had terminated their classic download section -you know, on the OFFICIAL website suicidal.gif

@austinkopeck, I guess it's due to the release of the classics on PSN and XBLA unfortunately.

GTAKid667

Source

How's this talking about warez? I just posted that R* had terminated their classic download section -you know, on the OFFICIAL website suicidal.gif

@austinkopeck, I guess it's due to the release of the classics on PSN and XBLA unfortunately.

If you looked Kirsty edited that post - he was the one discussing warez, no need to get angered by it.

Curtis

You can't download it anymore?

Damn.

Molotok

If you looked Kirsty edited that post - he was the one discussing warez, no need to get angered by it.

How can a free game be warez, don´t know what that mod was thinking, maybe he doesn´t want people to play the game. Just for reminder again, IT`S A FREE GAME.

Damn.

Dude get real, use google. It´s easier than you might think.

GTAKid667

How can a free game be warez, don´t know what that mod was thinking, maybe he doesn´t want people to play the game. Just for reminder again, IT`S A FREE GAME.

Damn.

Dude get real, use google. It´s easier than you might think.

The only place GTA2 is a free game is from Rockstar's Classic Downloads Section - Everywhere else is technically illegal, you posted an alternative link to the classic downloads section, that is why Kirsty removed it.

And... Kirsty is a girl confused.gif

Hobs

Great thanks for this :r*:

_FRANKENSTEIN_

Lol you are from future like me?

GTAKid667

Lol you are from future like me?

Don't make off-topic/pointless comments, Hobs wasn't bumping it on purpose, if you would look in the main GTA 2 forum you would see that this topic would have actually been near the top.