• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParoXum

• Rawra

• _Rob_

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Liberty City in GTA V!           http://imgur.com/a/nHGty

Lightmapping tests in old VC, anyone interested in mods like this?

waaat?

noelgamo
Tank Tramps!

user posted image

Coin God that looks pretty awsome... uhm guys I just added One model on my small map mod but i everytime I export it as a Dff it gives me an erro "unkown, diffuse" pls help ^^

coin-god
You should use GTA MAterial when Texturing your model. Not Standar 3D MAX Material.
supermortalhuman
You should use GTA MAterial when Texturing your model. Not Standar 3D MAX Material.

What is the benefit? (the exporter applies it) Does it offer me more control? Like Col material? I only use default col material and add brightness in col editor, procobjects materials etc - can't think of any other way to do that but the modeling app, what does GTA Material offer me? Settings?

coin-god

What is the benefit? (the exporter applies it) Does it offer me more control? Like Col material? I only use default col material and add brightness in col editor, procobjects materials etc - can't think of any other way to do that but the modeling app, what does GTA Material offer me? Settings?

Actually i use it allways for GTA. Maybe i am wrong, idk. But when i try to export a Rigged Character without GTA Material. It wont let me, and will say it has a bug with the Difuse color. Will say the script dont recognize it.

edit: Back on Bio's map:

user posted image

Edited by goin-god
Well, I've started a new model now, and I think I've made it better (Ie: Made it with less chance of crashing) so I'll test it out in a minute. New tutorial goes live in an hour? Awesome smile.gif.

EDIT: Got my smaller model in-game. I does have a road in it which I made really bumpy, like an offroad track, but had to use a tarmac texture for it instead of a dirt one tounge.gif.

Pic:

user posted image

I really need to look into learning how to pre-light at some point tounge.gif.

Cold Fusion

Nice tounge.gif

Puma06111991

Blablacookie cookie.gif

Clickyclickyclick. There you go smile.gif!

Coming up *mweheh*:

user posted image

Bio map looks great, only the other buildings are a bit low-detailed in contrast of the church... But low-detailed isn't always bad (look at original SA-models: stupid boxes with a nice low-quality texture look ok).

Edited by Puma06111991

Nice, monument? puma looks good, and for you next tutorial i think you should do a sketchup to SA car tut.

Puma06111991

You'll see what it is when it's finished (the island). And yep, I'm going to write a tut about putting vehicles ingame (basically cars).

Puma06111991

Well, I'm going on holiday in two weeks, so it should be online in two weeks. I'll only explain the basics of putting vehicles ingame, more tutorials about custom colissions, adding extra's, reflections, carcolor etc. will come later.

user posted image

Simple, low-poly pier.

txdeditor
Well, I'm going on holiday in two weeks, so it should be online in two weeks. I'll only explain the basics of putting vehicles ingame, more tutorials about custom colissions, adding extra's, reflections, carcolor etc. will come later.

To make this stuff in sketchup or 3Ds ? dozingoff.gif

Puma06111991

No, how to assembly the different parts of a vehicle you modeled and exporting it to a vehicle that works in SA.

Coin God: Sweet render. It looks very nice, but might want to up the detail on the buildings to keep it fitting in with the high quality of the church. Texturing is good, too icon14.gif

Puma: Nice looking WIP pier. can't really comment on the monument itself as it's just a sphere sigh.gif

-

Keep it up gais

cold fusion 33

Puma: Looking lovely turn.gif

Coin: I like the atmosphere of your town, would love to model a place like that smile.gif.

Question time:

Can anybody here tell me what the maximum limit of polys a col/dff can have in SA? I have made this:

user posted image

And I want to know if it's amount of poly's is causing SA to crash about half way through the loading bar... The last model I showed with the off road car on it had the same crashing half way problem, but somehow I fixed it. I don't know if this model here is having the same problem or it's too high poly...

Please help!

Cold Fusion

MisterEuro

user posted image

Worked on it a wee bit more (right windows)

Rawra I hope to get a comment from you colgate.gif , mr. 3ds max master biggrin.gif

EDIT: Holy sh*t 1 minute difference CF33

Puma said that the poly limit is bullsh*t last page

Puma06111991

Well there is a limit but as I'm seeing your models, they don't overflow that limit. The limit is few hundred k's of poly's, depending on how crappy your computer is. If the game crashes while it's loading, you'll probably have done something wrong in the IMG, IDE or IPL that belongs to your mapmod. Also, remember that there is a maximum of new objects that can be added in the IDE-files, and a maximum of new files that can be added to IMG-files. The maximum of new objects is 5 (I thought) and the maximum of added files in IMG-files is something like 6 or 8, dunno exactly, but it's under ten. Take your other mapmods out of the game with only the recent one that you're going to test remaining. If it still crashes, you erase the lines that link your crap to the rest in gta.dat, and see if GTA starts without your mod. If it does, only add your IMG-file. If it doesn't crash then (problem is not your IMG), add the IDE. If it still doesn't crash and it crashes after you add the IPL, it's quite easy to conclude that the IPL is the partycrasher.

cold fusion 33

Thanks Puma, I had exceeded the SA limit... I thought that SA would take more than that... But 6? What the hell? Oh well, fixed now and in-game working "ok" the way it's made makes it invisible some-times suicidal.gif . Meh, I'll just make another model tounge.gif.

Thanks Puma!

Spider-Vice
Well there is a limit but as I'm seeing your models, they don't overflow that limit. The limit is few hundred k's of poly's, depending on how crappy your computer is. If the game crashes while it's loading, you'll probably have done something wrong in the IMG, IDE or IPL that belongs to your mapmod. Also, remember that there is a maximum of new objects that can be added in the IDE-files, and a maximum of new files that can be added to IMG-files. The maximum of new objects is 5 (I thought) and the maximum of added files in IMG-files is something like 6 or 8, dunno exactly, but it's under ten. Take your other mapmods out of the game with only the recent one that you're going to test remaining. If it still crashes, you erase the lines that link your crap to the rest in gta.dat, and see if GTA starts without your mod. If it does, only add your IMG-file. If it doesn't crash then (problem is not your IMG), add the IDE. If it still doesn't crash and it crashes after you add the IPL, it's quite easy to conclude that the IPL is the partycrasher.

Voila, voila, this is what it was happening to me. Just add the model to an existing map file and you're done wink.gif

ParoXum

The model DFF poly limit with GTASA is around 45.000 poly (90.000 triangles). I dont recomend going that high in any way.

There's no poly limit for collisions, but it shoulds stay under 5K imo when you dont have time/will to optimize more..

ParoXum: I thought the Collision is what really matters with gameplay and that higher = slower gameplay, but not really the case with DFFs?

Mister Euro: Lol.

Sorry for being ignorant to your model; my internet is going very slow and it can't load images - must have not seen it.

The windows in the middle are repetitive. It goes long, small, small, long. maybe add a more noticable scale. Also, if you're attempting to copy that render, not all the windows are extruded as much as that.

Start by just making the bulk of the model - windows, doors etc- which you are doing. After add the details like pipes and balcony railings.

will comment further as you progress

Btw, is the only render available of that building?

Coin God: Didn't see your tank trap. Very nice detail wink.gif

CF33: if you could get a good exotic, Gostown-like texture, that could look pretty good.

Edited by Rawra
MisterEuro

Well , I don't know why you're calling it a render , It's a picture

There's plenty of pictures of that building but they're ALL from the same angle , that pisses me off because I don't know what's on the other side and other details

I extruded the windows like that just so they'll be noticeable, actually they're not that deep in

Also I'm following that plan tounge.gif , Gonna finish all the windows and balconies first , then the details.

Edited by MisterEuro
Puma06111991

Well, I've exported models of 180k which weren't any problem for me ingame. Building looks very WIP, Euro, can't say much about it because of that.

user posted image

Still teasing ya guys devil.gifdevil.gif

cold fusion 33

Finally got my newest island in-game! It has a simple hut on it, a great place to live! I did place a load of palm trees on it in Med, but it just made the game crash, so they had to go... Shame, it looked a lot less empty when they were there tounge.gif.

Pics:

user posted image

user posted image

Tell me what you think!

MisterEuro: Model looks like it's making a promising start! By the way, what happened to freak2121? I havent seen him for ages... Do you know where he's gone? You were on his team after all tounge.gif.

Cold Fusion 33

ParoXum

Puma: It maybe worked with that much, only because it was an incomplete export like only mesh and UVs, which tends to lower the size of the model a lot, making the game able to load stream it. Trust me when you have a 45-50k model using mesh data, uvs, normals, and vcol the filesize is hard to the game and most often it doesnt load ingame (or it does one time out of 10)...

CF33: you seem to have a weird triangulation problem in your screenshots. How did you map your textures with your UVs ?

cold fusion 33

CF33: you seem to have a weird triangulation problem in your screenshots. How did you map your textures with your UVs ?

Uh, UV's? I just, you know, texture straight in SU, I have never used "UV's"... I know I did notice that some parts of the model I texture as triangles, which is probably where that weird effect is coming from, or the texture is tiling pretty bad... I'll look into it smile.gif. Either way, what is UV mapping?

Rawra: Thanks dude smile.gif.

Edited by cold fusion 33
Puma06111991

You need to map your textures. If you have a model that 'looks like a plane' (well, from the side all faces are somehow facing the sky) you should use the project texture function in SketchUp.`

1. Draw a plane.

2. Put the texture on it.

3. Rightclick on the plane with the texture > texture > projected.

4. Select the model that the texture must be applied to.

5. Hold ALT down and click on the plane with the texture you just created.

6. Now paint your model.

Left upper corner is like on your model, right lower corner shows the projected texture.

user posted image

Lol, seems you guys need loads of tutorials about SketchUp turn.gif ...