• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParoXum

• Rawra

• _Rob_

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Liberty City in GTA V!           http://imgur.com/a/nHGty

Lightmapping tests in old VC, anyone interested in mods like this?

waaat?

Hi

Been working on a street scene, which is quite empty atm lol. About 4 days work so far.

user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Jesus

how can you do this?

Hi

Been working on a street scene, which is quite empty atm lol. About 4 days work so far.

user posted image                                user posted image

user posted image                              user posted image

Jesus

how can you do this?

It's not that hard, all you need is some experience and some free time.

Hi

Jesus

how can you do this?

yes 4 days is free time sneaky2.gif

Hi

Jesus

how can you do this?

yes 4 days is free time sneaky2.gif

Huh, all of Canada got 4 days off?(Well, students in schools)

Well anyways, Rawra, the attention to detail is amazing on that model.

I did something in 46 mins of looking everywhere for the right textures.

user posted image

BTW, Image host is great, up to 100MB pics?!?

Edited by freak2121

Looks quite good, freak2121. The pavement looks a little high though, lol

Edit from me:- Worked on it a bit more, mainly some scaffolding 9wip0

user posted image

Edited by Rawra

Looks quite good, freak2121. The pavement looks a little high though, lol

Edit from me:- Worked on it a bit more, mainly some scaffolding 9wip0

user posted image

nice modeling

is this somewhere you no ? i DARE you to put some textures on

--edit

freak2121 pavement's too high unless you intend them being big+ building on right door's and floor's could be bigger

Edited by junox

Ok....

maybe this is the dumbest qustion u can ever hear but....

is it possible to make an empire state building for GTA SA? or the statue of Liberty??

Couse i would love to see The SA map(for me is the biggest one)converted in the nearest

it can be to NY

is it possible'?

Ok....

maybe this is the dumbest qustion u can ever hear but....

is it possible to make an empire state building for GTA SA? or the statue of Liberty??

Couse i would love to see The SA map(for me is the biggest one)converted in the nearest

it can be to NY

is it possible'?

of course it's possible wink.gif

Lol junox ;p

I put some textures on, which I may change around. Tiling issues, yah. Especially with the big pipes - will see to.

Will probably change the concrete floor texture

user posted image

And no, it isn't anywhere I know. I just made it from my head ;p

Edit:

Bit more work on the model, additions and things taken/tweaked

user posted image

user posted image

-

If anyone knows how to properly UV a texture to a cylinder, please help lol. I'm getting a lot of texture mismatches with it

Edited by Rawra

and if its possible to do a NY style map...

Is there any possiblity that someone can start NY city map for GTA SA??

is the city of opportunities biggrin.gif

and my dreams city biggrin.gif

Please

and if its possible to do a NY style map...

Is there any possiblity that someone can start NY city map for GTA SA??

is the city of opportunities biggrin.gif

and my dreams city biggrin.gif

Please

Yea , i wish so too, this would be straight awesome !!!

Too bad this have been started two times, and died both times ...

But all the need to do is hope smile.gif

The pavement looks a little high though, lol

Yeah I know, I was modeling it scaled in GTA size so it would only cling onto the height.Won't be permanent though.

Oh and for a NY mod, that would be too big.I guess the first mod realized this and so did I after a while.You can have it if it's scaled down a lot though.

Edited by freak2121

But it doesnt matter biggrin.gif

at least having the most beauty part would be awsome biggrin.gif

i know modeling cars(not the expert you think, a little bit dumb and another intelligent)

if someone can teach me to model buildings im 100% Interested helping on GTA NY Map biggrin.gif

having the part with high buildings, The subway, The statue of liberty, Central park and other random high, mid-high and normal buildings will make the feeling of NY and ofcourse a lot of contamination

But its posible

Please!!

Try it!!Nothing its impossible all it need is Hope

You're right that all a mod really needs is hope(and dedication(look at Junox and Illegal Sectors)).

But a lot of people cannot spare the dedication and time needed for a mod, especially a total conversion.

You would probably want to get a team together before rushing into something as big as a NY mod, where two have died out.

If you want to model buildings, and if you have 3Ds Max, I would recommend looking at ParoXum's tutorial on making a simple building.Link Here

cold fusion 33

Well, you can start by simply downloading a modeling program. Try something like SketchUp, it's not the most professional modelling program out there, but it does do the job of making models that are usable for GTA very easily, with little prior knowledge to modeling. You can go to their site and download the free version of it. But be aware, to make something half decent you need a lot of practise and even more patience. If you really want to get into the more complex modding programs, try using Autodesk's 3DS Max. I find it a lot mroe complicated than SketchUp, but if you're serious about wanting to model, 3DS is the way to go, just be aware, the trial is only 30 days and the full version is like $3000. I'd try reading some tutorials and what-not to get into the mapping scene tounge.gif.

Edited by cold fusion 33

Well, you can start by simply downloading a modeling program. Try something like SketchUp, it's not the most professional modelling program out there, but it does do the job of making models that are usable for GTA very easily, with little prior knowledge to modeling. You can go to their site and download the free version of it. But be aware, to make something half decent you need a lot of practise and even more patience. If you really want to get into the more complex modding programs, try using Autodesk's 3DS Max. I find it a lot mroe complicated than SketchUp, but if you're serious about wanting to model, 3DS is the way to go, just be aware, the trial is only 30 days and the full version is like $3000. I'd try reading some tutorials and what-not to get into the mapping scene tounge.gif.

Yes, we can do very much stuff in sketchup, i'm using it, i tryed to use 3Ds but it's too hard for me , i can not undestand anything in it confused.gif It seems like its because i didnt checked any tutorials, all i could do is a cube biggrin.gif

... Well, we can really do much stuff , but i don't understand how to move it to ingame confused.gif .

this is some random building i made .

user posted image

Don't ever jump to the modelling scene with sketchup. its not a program for game modelling, its useful for sketching stuff.

Its not game-friendly... you will end up with weird polygoned models that aren't anyway near of vertex-prelight or col friendly models.

Don't use it. better waste your time learning 3dmax/blender/etc than working on sketchup

Don't ever jump to the modelling scene with sketchup. its not a program for game modelling, its useful for sketching stuff.

Its not game-friendly... you will end up with weird polygoned models that aren't anyway near of vertex-prelight or col friendly models.

Don't use it. better waste your time learning 3dmax/blender/etc than working on sketchup

Maybe you know where could i find nice free tutorials for 3Ds ? colgate.gif

Maybe you know where could i find nice free tutorials for 3Ds ? colgate.gif

Check these... they are not finished but the modelling part is completed. then there is other tutorials for the other parts wink.gif

Gostown tutorials

Other than that, practice and practice

cold fusion 33

I know what you mean about SketchUp not being a GTA friendly modeling program, I suppose my point about easily making GTA models was invalid. But, starting with a program like 3DS Max, which may seem very complex and intimidating may put some beginners off of modeling. If you are really serious about wanting to model properly for GTA, use 3DS, it can take you a lot further in careers choices too, if you choose to stick at it. But, if you want something very easy and idiot proof, then give SketchUp ago, it's free version is unlimited and works just like the full version. In all honesty, just download SU and 3DS and see how you get on smile.gif.

Silght off note: I had a go at using Blender a little while ago, does anybody know if it can be used for modelling for GTA? It seemed very weird to me and pretty complex tounge.gif.

Txdeditor: Your model looks pretty good, but take note, faces that show as blue and not white means they are the wrong way round. Faces are like pieces of paper, they have a front and a back. This means that if that model were to go into GTA, the blue sides would not be visible as they are the wrong way round. To fix this, all you have to do is get the pencil tool, right click on the face and choose reverse faces, and then it'll turn white and it'll be visible in-game, or a rendering program if you choose to use one smile.gif.

Cold Fusion

Edited by cold fusion 33

Looks pretty good, txdeditor. You're qutie new to modelling, right?

As ColdFusion33 said, make sure the faces you want to be visible are white in Sketchup.

Keep at it.

@Cold fusion 33 , thanks for instruction, i didn't knew this, anyways this model is just random from my mind, but i think i'll try to do something that could go to GTA, btw, if you guys know a good tutorial from how to move Sketchup's building to SA please give it to me.

P.S. i have 3Ds too, but i don't know much how to use it confused.gif

@Rawra, Thanks for support, and yes, i'm very very new at modeling, but I'm trying to do my best. smile.gif

EDIT: I use VC textures , is this okay ?

Edited by txdeditor
cold fusion 33

Using VC textures is fine, as long as it goes into VC I think. Putting it into SA and releasing it may not be allowed, but I don't know. One more thing, when you add a new texture in SketchUp, it's name will be like "Material 1" in the paint bucket box. Replace this with the whole file name. So change the name in SketchUp from "Material 1" or whatever, to, say, "Wood.Png" if that is the texture file you are using, it makes things a lot easier when getting them in GTA smile.gif. If you are looking for a good tutorial, there is one in the tutorials section here on GTAF. I can't remember what it's called, but I remember the file name being SUSATUT and it's a .PDF file, it's really good smile.gif.

Hope this all helps you!

Cold Fusion

Using VC textures is fine, as long as it goes into VC I think. Putting it into SA and releasing it may not be allowed, but I don't know. One more thing, when you add a new texture in SketchUp, it's name will be like "Material 1" in the paint bucket box. Replace this with the whole file name. So change the name in SketchUp from "Material 1" or whatever, to, say, "Wood.Png" if that is the texture file you are using, it makes things a lot easier when getting them in GTA smile.gif. If you are looking for a good tutorial, there is one in the tutorials section here on GTAF. I can't remember what it's called, but I remember the file name being SUSATUT and it's a .PDF file, it's really good smile.gif.

Hope this all helps you!

Cold Fusion

Really thanks for help.

Update: user posted image

Realyl nice work, txdeditor.

You're getting good, quickly.

Keep it up

Thanks very much! A little bit of critic would be nice, because i don't know what i am doing wrong, and i know i do confused.gif

BTW, maybe someone could add this to Ingame for me ? blush.gif

cold fusion 33

Damn, that looks pretty good to me for a beginner to modeling smile.gif. I like the way that the door is slightly open, adds an extra bit of detail smile.gif. But, in doing so, you may have created a problem. Im assuming those walls only have 1 side and so, if it did do in-game, and you crouched and looked underneath the door, you would be able to see all the way through, because the walls you should be seeing would be the blue way round. What you need to do is basically just extrude the wall a bit and mke sure all faces are white and textured, then you can't go wrong wink.gif.

I want to see it rendered with Kerkythea. biggrin.gif

I second that smile.gif.

I have an unhealthy addiction of putting Google SketchUp models through rendering programs. yawn.gif