4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DJDJ

[WIP] Grand Theft Auto: Vendettas

DJDJ

<Update>

Been a bit quiet lately with christmas and new year. Also i suffered a .img corruption and had to reinstall. Being unable to mod with the team i have put together an inventory and began working on a zip/rar file. This is looking unlikely to be finished, due to a lack of coding ability and other problems. I have retextured the NP mall malibu club and mansion - see below. As reasurance, a beta WILL be released, thoigh it may lack the coding magic.

Edited by DJDJ

Bernard Jazz
the radar looks ugly, the crosshair ruins it..

DJDJ

i tryed experimenting with it, adding alphas...didnt really work....

i havnt heard from any of my modding team since well before christmas, so...dont think this will go much further.

Dan87

aww.... i was going to downlod this when it was out

DJDJ

if this isnt continued, i will continue with a texture conversion (semi w/e) and release what i have. If it IS continued, we will need to find a good coder and sum1 to make peds and cars drive around...

dont worry dude, u can get something..smile.gif

CFX

well, as a member of the team, I should point out that we haven't heard much from you either, DJDJ. I certainly wasn't sent a christmas card. sad.gif

Seriously though, it seems odd to call this mod a dead duck so early on. It's really not even a partial conversion yet. In fact, it really isn't anything yet.

If you're itching to release the texture replacements then just release them as 'DJDJ's Texture Pack' instead of calling it GTA: Vendettas .... as if you had a vendetta against the original textures.

DJDJ

i was just getting paranoid coz a previous mod i was part of failed. If everyones still in, we'll continue, however the old problems need to be addresses (coder thing)

good point, i tend to be online (msn) from 6-7 on mon-thur (footie training on fri). If anyone can offer private webspace for our own mini forum, please let me know and u can join or w/e

GTA: Vendettas Rises out of the ashes and lives once more!

Edited by DJDJ

grove st gunna

So, is this mod gonna be finished by easter?

nice mod btw

energel

hope it gets finished , gimme an estimate on the file size

and try and be a genious and add htings like do your own graffiti instead of sa's aim and spray

TripleAs

Mmm... if you still need it, i can make a Jet Li skin/face for you, just tell me in what model do you want it and i'll do it. tounge.gif

bye

CFX

In response to the request for a feature like being able to do you're own spray painting, I think GTA is alot less open ended for those kinds of features compared to games like Half Life 2 that supply people with entire sections of the games code to be altered for all kinds of experimentation.

It could probably be done in a very crude way in GTA, but the amount of effort vs how well it would work may not be worthwhile.

Because GTA San Andreas has better weapon handling than GTA3 or VC, attempting such a feature is probably best left to waiting for GTA SA for the PC. And the most obvious thing you'd be able to change right off the bat is the graphic that CJ actually places on the walls when he spray paints.

CFX

In response to questions about a release date, DJDJ has mentioned easter as a potential target for a beta, though the team hasn't yet established or discussed a minimum set of goals that we'd want to have met by then.

I'd like to point out that June is when GTA SA comes out for the PC. This is only two months after easter. My honest assumption is that interest in GTAFORUMS.com will spike considerably when GTA SA comes out, and at that point most GTA VC mods will either be abandoned or begin to port over to San Andreas.

It will literally be a matter of sink or swim.

Did you all get the play on words?

hows that for dry humor?

(VC=sinking)

(SA=swimming)

I crack me up.

Who will want a VC mod when an SA mod offers SOOOOO many more possibilities?

My suggestion to the team, as a team member, is that we design GTA Vendettas with an eye towards ultimately switching over to San Andreas. In which case, a beta is likely to be the only thing we make for Vice City. And if we honestly make a good beta, then we will most likely entice alot of newly enthused GTA modders to help with a San Andreas version of GTA Vendettas.

Ya know what I mean? What do you think team? Or have I spoken out of turn? Am I being smart or crazy as a bat in a tin sh*thouse. You be the judge.

DJDJ

although i doubt SA will run on my pc, its worth a shot. But saying noone will want to play vc when sa is out - what about myriad? doubt thatll fail.

its an idea, and a good one, although i fell will be alot harder. worth considering, mind.

Beta - yeah hopefully easter. I have changed the story to eliminate the confusing complexivity....

Some private webspace wuld be good (sum1 said this B4) any offers?

Smart or crazy...we;; considering my story, im the latter....A spot of Crazyness is good coz itll push you right to the edge. Id say both, like me lol

Mercie
although i doubt SA will run on my pc, its worth a shot. But saying noone will want to play vc when sa is out - what about myriad? doubt thatll fail.

its an idea, and a good one, although i fell will be alot harder. worth considering, mind.

Beta - yeah hopefully easter. I have changed the story to eliminate the confusing complexivity....

Some private webspace wuld be good (sum1 said this B4) any offers?

Smart or crazy...we;; considering my story, im the latter....A spot of Crazyness is good coz itll push you right to the edge. Id say both, like me lol

Myriad is not doing so good at the moment. I am sure that if it does not change, SA will wipe the sh*t out of it. It was a really good start for a mod though. As is yours... -Mercie

Mercie

Haha, I just meant Myriad is not thriving like it used to. There are still have the lots left and yet another island comming. The last car for Myriad was made over a month and a half ago... No harm done, and Odie can only make so many buildings... Yet he is still great, don't get me wrong... biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif -Mercie

Haha, I just meant Myriad is not thriving like it used to. There are still have the lots left and yet another island comming. The last car for Myriad was made over a month and a half ago... No harm done, and Odie can only make so many buildings... Yet he is still great, don't get me wrong... biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif -Mercie

The last car was actually made this month wink.gif

GT-1

The last car was made about 2 weeks ago, if you looked around you iwll quickly be proven wrong. Every huge mod like that is going to be slow, do you seen any other TC's including this one with as much done as Myriad. No! Which proves a point... confused.gif

Anyway let these guys get back on topic, its there topic. Myriad discussion goes in Myriad suprisingly.

Btw you should search the forum for free hosting, there are many out there which could be suitable for your needs depending on what you want.

CFX

So I see that the number of replies in the vendettas thread has jumped from 102 to 107, and I get all excited, only to find out it's 5 replies about myriad island.

From what I've been reading in the actual Myriad Islands section of this forum, making the switch to SA is on alot of people's minds. I haven't been a witness to the history of GTA editing, and how many projects have come and gone, but it seems as if Myriad Islands has been like a 'school of hard knocks' that stands out. That is to say, even if it were to never be entirely finished, the experience and research that has come out of it will be a major addition to GTA editing for a long time. It seems alot of people have sharpened their teeth working on Myriad Islands. Definitely more than just a 'good start'.

Now back to talking about GTA Vendettas... which after 108 replies, doesn't really have much of a start at all.

DJDJ

Can we please stay on topic peops. Well just have to wait and see if we switch

grove st gunna

CANT WAIT TIL THE BETA!

btw DJDJ i like the textures! smile.gif

DJDJ

thx, but as you can see we've hit a real slow patch. Im hoping things will pick up, but we need any maps and buildingss finished before i can do more work lol

gtamadness_matt

Is there a beta version or any type of version ready for download.

gtamadness_matt

Is this mod going to be roughtly how many MB's.

Something like 20MB or 120MB or 300MB anyrate the bigger the better.

GTA3Freak-2001
If you need to say something else then edit your first post instead of double posting.

CFX

Currently, there is no working version of GTA Vendettas, and so of course, there is no file size to speak of.

Though I would expect a completed 'Total Conversion' Mod to weigh in at around 80megs and up. I think I remember GTA LibertyCity being around 60megs for just the city (no replacement of vehicles or pedestrians).

As DJDJ has stated, there hasn't been much progress lately... things should pick up soon.

DJDJ
I have been busy making a simpler story line, a much more plausable one. Plus ive been packaging together what i have, in a zip which will be the final release - so we can keep track of whats done etc. Apart from the usual texturing work theres not much more i can do untill our "mappers" get to work. release date now moved back from easter, im guessing late summer '05. THE DOORS ARE STILL OPEN TO ANY MORE MODDERS....just PM me.

Gangsta4life56

i wass loking at tis mod an mabee i can do the coding fr tis mod

Gangsta4life56

i m new her but i cann code

Gangsta4life56

i sorry for mi engish it terobil