Panthers---------------------------TBA

Giants------------------------------Bears

AFC

Jaguers----------------------------Patriots

Patriots----------------------------Colts

Steelers----------------------------Bengals

Bengals----------------------------Broncos

NFC

Redskins---------------------------Tampa Bay(sorry BG)

Tampa Bay------------------------Seahawks

Panthers---------------------------Giants

Giants------------------------------Bears

Second Round

AFC

Patriots

-----------------------Colts

Colts

Bengals

----------------------Broncos(Bengals got bad run D)

Broncos

NFC

Tampa Bay

---------------------Tampa Bay

Seattle

Giants

--------------------Bears

Bears

Those are my wildcard and 2nd round predictions, and of course they will all be right tounge.gif

If you say Bengals have a bad Run Def, then why do you expect them to beat the Steelers???

I agree with everything else, expect for the Bengals to beat the Steelers and the Giants beating the Panthers(Shut up, its going to happen)...

It will be a Manning vs. Manning superbowl...

Peyton Manning vs. Ricky Manning Jr. that is tounge.gif

I disagree with you on the Bengals losing to the Steelers. And the Giants will unfortunately lose to the Panthers.

I Love Anna Kournikova
It will be a Manning vs. Manning superbowl...

Peyton Manning vs. Ricky Manning Jr. that is tounge.gif

I disagree with you on the Bengals losing to the Steelers. And the Giants will unfortunately lose to the Panthers.

Panthers Will be eliminated in the first round. confused.gif

Colts / Bears Superbowl.

Predictions?

Bears aren't well rounded enough to get that far. I think it will be Patriots-Giants.

I won my FF league btw. Congrats to me.

I think the Texans will take Bush and trade him. I think either the Saints or Texans will get Lianart. They both need a good qb. Volek is not starting material imo.

Edited by ToyMachine

Wild-card Matchups

Saturday, January 7

Washington Redskins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:30 ET, ABC

I see the Bucs rattling Brunell, Ronde Barber keeping Santana Moss in check and the Bucs winning a close game.

Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots, 8 ET, ABC

I'd love to see the Jags win, and their physical play on both sides of the ball will keep them in it for a while but New England is hitting their stride at the right time. New England by atleast a touchdown.

Sunday, January 8

Carolina Panthers at New York Giants, 1 ET, FOX

Second best game of the weekend. Both of these teams, in my opinion are good enough to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. If I knew what he status of Antonio Pierce (and the rest of the Giants LBs) was I'd be more confident in picking them. I don't put Deshaun Foster that high on the list of RBs in the conference let alone the league, but he can get it done. The Giants secondary has been less than stellar as of late. Containing Steve Smith will be a chore. That said, I think Shockey and Tiki have big games and the Giants pull out a close one.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals, 4:30 ET, CBS

Best game of the weekend. The Bengals are home but they lost to the Steelers at home this season. I'd be interested to hear the combined playoff experience of the Bengals starters versus that of the Steelers. This is uncharted territory for alot of them, including Carson Palmer. Losing their last two games in the fashion they did can't be good for the Bengals, considering the momentum the Steelers have. I think the Bengals get physically dominated on both sides of the ball, but keep it close with big plays. Steelers win this though.

That's all my opinion of course and I'll be sure to edit this with the quickness if any of my predictions are wrong.

2006 NFL Draft Order

1. Houston

This is an easy one:Reggie Bush. Those of you who keep mentioning Dominick Davis, tell me what you would say about the Texans 10 years from now when Bush has been to multiple Pro Bowls and the Texans are on thier third or fourth RB in that span. You don't pass up on a player of that caliber. It's not like you've got LT, or Tki Barber as your RB at the moment. You guys are putting way too much confidence in Davis.

2. New Orleans

With Bush gone, I say they draft Leinart or Young (if he comes out) or they trade the pick. Aaron Brooks is most likely gone. This team is in major flux. They'll be splitting their home games again next year and Benson will still be lloking to move the team in the future despite the deal made this weekend. Might as well have a franchise QB in place.

3. Tennessee

McNair is probably gone and Billy Volek will be the subject of trade proposals from other teams. I think the Titans either trade the pick or take the leftover QB between Leinart or Young.

4. New York Jets

A trade down is highly possible here. They wont get Bush at four. Curtis Martin will be back next season but who knows what to expect from him? Same for Chad Pennington. If leinart or Young are available, they'll be tempted but I think they trade down, compile players and picks and try to get Deangelo Williams with a lower 1st round pick.

5. Green Bay

Alot of needs here too. Ahman Green comes back next year. As does Javon Walker. Brett Farve or Aaron Rodgers will be at QB. They should address their O-Line with this pick. I think they take D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Edited by noodles

Second best game of the weekend. Both of these teams, in my opinion are good enough to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. If I knew what he status of Antonio Pierce (and the rest of the Giants LBs) was I'd be more confident in picking them. I don't put Deshaun Foster that high on the list of RBs in the conference let alone the league, but e can get it done. The Giants secondary has been less than stellar as of late. Containing Steve Smith will be a chore. That said, I think Shockey and Tiki have big games and the Giants pull out a close one.

Will Allen needs to be cut the second the season is over. I'm sorry, but he is terrible.

Second best game of the weekend. Both of these teams, in my opinion are good enough to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. If I knew what he status of Antonio Pierce (and the rest of the Giants LBs) was I'd be more confident in picking them. I don't put Deshaun Foster that high on the list of RBs in the conference let alone the league, but e can get it done. The Giants secondary has been less than stellar as of late. Containing Steve Smith will be a chore. That said, I think Shockey and Tiki have big games and the Giants pull out a close one.

Will Allen needs to be cut the second the season is over. I'm sorry, but he is terrible.

I honestly started to feel sorry for the guy watching Moss make a fool out of him in the Redskins game. Sadly, with Will Peterson gone, he's our best corner.

If you say Bengals have a bad Run Def, then why do you expect them to beat the Steelers???

I agree with everything else, expect for the Bengals to beat the Steelers and the Giants beating the Panthers(Shut up, its going to happen)...

I feel that since Bengals have the home advantage and that this is a rivlary game, there run D will be better then it usually is..with the Broncos though, I feel they will get destroyed. Broncos are very underrated this year, 13-3 isn't exactly cake. And, Giants will beat the Panthers..I can guarantee that.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Well, it has been a tough day for coaches, with a retirement and 5 coaches being kicked out of their respective headsets. Some of these are quite surprising to me actually.

Let's go through them, shall we?

Dick Vermeil - Chiefs: Retired

Dick Vermeil has left the NFL on his own terms for the last time. He ahs twice retired already, but this time, he left a teary farewell after his Chiefs downed 2nd AFC seed the Bengals, but missed the playoffs.

He finished with a record of 125-114 over 15 season with the Philadelphia Eagles (1976-1982), and then after a 15 year retirement he came to coach the Rams, from 1997-1999, winning a Superbowl. He returned once again in 2001, to finish his career with the Chiefs, who, under his guidance, had a 44-36 record.

Mike Tice - Vikings: Fired

Less than an hour after his Vikings took down the divisional champion Bears, he was told that he was no longer needed in Minnesota by owner Zygi Wilf. Most players were disgusted with the decision, or surprised with it's timing. Koren Robinson said, "In the locker room? Right after a game you just won? Give the man respect enough to wait until Monday to enjoy the win, at least."

Darren Sharper screwed up the note left at his locker and declined comment. The most surprising thing was that this was probably his toughest season yet. The team fell to 2-5 on some bad QB play, but were able to salvage a 9-7 record by the end of the season, all the while followed by the "Love Boat" scandal. If any man had it tougher and did a good job, it was Tice.

Mike Martz - Rams: Fired

Mike Martz was fired as coach of the St. Louis Rams after missing most of the season because of a heart ailment. The Rams started the season 2-3 before Martz was sidelined with an infection of the heart lining.Joe Vitt replaced him for the rest of the season, which ended on New Year's Day with a 20-10 win over Dallas that left the team at 6-10.

Martz coached the Rams for more than five seasons, leading them to playoffs four times and to the Super Bowl after the 2001 season. The Rams lost the title game to New England.

Mike Martz analysis from NFL.com

Mike Sherman - Packers: Fired

This probably surprised me the most. He led them to 3 consecutive division championships, and then one bad season and they give him the flick. That is just a lack of respect. He has been dealt some nasty cards, such as all the injuries they have suffered this year, and then he gets fired after getting it tough this year.

His record stands at a fairly good 57-39, but keep in mind that it was 53-27 at the beginning of the year, tied with Bill Cowher for the best record after 80 NFL regular season games.

Jim Haslett

This coach has also been dealt some bad cards, but I am sure most have seen this coming. He hasn't led them to a winning season since 2002, and this year they went 3-13 after being forced from their home town of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. He was 45-51.

Coming soon: Playoff predictions, tommorow.

-MDG

Don Capers is DEFINATELY getting fired. I mean the Texans had no serious injuries or any problems off the field and they were still 2-14. Atleast other coaches had a lot of injuries and crap. Mike Tice should not of been fired, that is just plain out stupid. Tice will get another job anyway,but after all the he been through, he still got them a + .500 record. Packers firing Mike Sherman? Well, let's see if Farve still comes back now.

Dick Vermeil's legs would snap if he set foot in Arrowhead Field one more time. He had a good run, the Chiefs had a decent season (except for not making the playoffs.) But now the question remains, who will take over KC? I just pray its not Don Capers. Edited by Cajones
Dick Vermeil's legs would snap if he set foot in Arrowhead Field one more time. He had a good run, the Chiefs had a decent season (except for not making the playoffs.) But now the question remains, who will take over KC? I just pray its not Don Capers.

I thought KC got in the Playoffs.

Dick Vermeil's legs would snap if he set foot in Arrowhead Field one more time. He had a good run, the Chiefs had a decent season (except for not making the playoffs.) But now the question remains, who will take over KC? I just pray its not Don Capers.

I thought KC got in the Playoffs.

Nope, Steelers won thus taking Chiefs out of playoff contention, or something like that tounge.gif

5.  Green Bay

I think they take D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Too bad the only thing the Packers' o-line is good at is tackles. Ferguson is a tackle.

I know, but after the way the Packers let all their lineman go in the beginning of the season, and assessing their needs, it's worth drafting for him and possibly changing his position.

I could see Gregg Williams in Kansas City. They looked like they made the turnaround on defense earlier this year, and while they have been better, they got embarassed in that Giants game.

Martz will either get a head coaching job or be an offensive coordinator somewhere. If Jim Fassel gets a head coaching position, I could see Martz trying to instill some type of offense in Baltimore.

Edited by noodles

I could see Gregg Williams in Kansas City. They looked like they made the turnaround on defense earlier this year, , and while they have been better, they got embarassed in that Giants game.

I'm not sure if he'll leave. He's had his prime choice of defensive players in D.C., and with weapons like Sean Taylor, he might not want to leave.

I could see Gregg Williams in Kansas City. They looked like they made the turnaround on defense earlier this year, , and while they have been better, they got embarassed in that Giants game.

I'm not sure if he'll leave. He's had his prime choice of defensive players in D.C., and with weapons like Sean Taylor, he might not want to leave.

It really is up to him. The Redskins would obviously love to have him back, and if he wants to be a head coach again he'll definitely get some offers.

I don't see Belichik (how the hell do you spell his name anyway?) retiring for a long time. The guy just seems like one of those guys who savors the weekly grind of watching tape and preparing for the next opponent. Bill Parcells on the other hand I can see retiring this offseason. If the Cowboys don't make it to the playoffs next season then I can defenitely see him leaving if he stays this year.

Who do we think will take over the Chiefs Head coaching position? Maybe Mike Sherman, because the Chiefs have a good team, and they're getting younger for the most part.

But the team that needs a head coach the most is the Texans. The need help in a lot of categories. Or maybe the Lions. Hmm, alot of teams could use a head coach right now confused.gif

I don't see Belichik (how the hell do you spell his name anyway?) retiring for a long time. The guy just seems like one of those guys who savors the weekly grind of watching tape and preparing for the next opponent. Bill Parcells on the other hand I can see retiring this offseason. If the Cowboys don't make it to the playoffs next season then I can defenitely see him leaving if he stays this year.

I dont see how Bill "I dont know how to spell guy" can retire. I bet he wants one more ring though.

Bill Parcels maybe would retire. confused.gif

Very Sad for me. cryani.gif

But the team that needs a head coach the most is the Texans. The need help in a lot of categories. Or maybe the Lions.

Dick Jauron has showed his coaching abilities to the Lions for just a couple of games. Who knows what he'll be packing next year, dont make any speculations just yet.

Although in my opinion, its not the coaching departments fault, its the General Manager. It was a bad move to fire Mooch, but the Lions just have to keep there heads up throughout 2006.

It'd be funny if Andy Reid was fired. I doubt it would happen. Maybe another below .500 season. But I doubt that too. Reid's a good coach.

Andy Reid is alright. Although the way he dealt with T.O was pretty sad. He sucked up to him like a little bitch.

Defiantly not good if your the coach of a (once mighty) team.