4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

St. Mark’s Bistro Located & Explored

Undergroundarts

I do not understand what this has to do with your SF garage. Is it not high in the air? And is it correct that you can only get there in a mission?

Yes, but not all of Saint Marks is solid (the roads and stuff) so if you walk through it, you'll fall for a looong time, and end up in San Fierro. Although, the scenery doesn't load, besides a few interiors and some areas round about. In this case, the garage. smile.gif

This may be the wrong section to ask this, but as we're on the subject anyway...

As far as I understand this now - the garage and other stuff 'floating around in space' under Liberty is actually where it's always been. It's the normal ground level we all walk around when playing. It's just that only some stuff has loaded, where others have not. So what I would like to know is:

1. Why these particular things?

2. How come I can see the garage interior here but not using the blue hell method?

3. I think I saw the interior of the bar where we meet Catalina. I couldn't get that close though, as there was a floor between me and it. Does this mean that the interiors are located underground and is it likely that I could ever get there?

4. Some people say that the interiors or cut-scene locations MUST be in the game somewhere. Is this actually true? e.g Was it absolutely necessary for Ghost town to be somewhere in GTA3 or was it just that they'd made it and decided to stick it in there as a bonus?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of these. I don't know anything about how games are put together, so anything slightly different from how it should be interests me.

would it be possible to get to liberty outside of the mission by using a tank and the dodo cheat? i'm not going to try i'm not using cheats on my current save

The cutscene areas MUST be in the game. All the cutscenes really are are sequence of events controlled by a script. Without the backdrop, it's akin to watching a play without the stage.

As for reaching it outside the mission, no. It's loaded as an interior, and this means it's NEVER visible normally. HOWEVER, if you found a way to 'escape' an interior, in theory you could reach Liberty City with the tank method.

I doubt it though.

3 cheers for opious and underground arts (i still haven't reached this point yet but will when my ps2 is back in my hands, i will)

and can someone tell me why my signiture is disableD?

You can't even do that tank thing like you can in Vice City, can you? The tank's top follows your point of view unlike VC. Also, is there a dodo cheat for cars in this game?

I managed to get over the wall and into the snowy area, but then I accidently fell through a wall... and fell for quite a while. I never saw the garage or anything. I swam round for a while looking for land but I had no luck, so I drowned myself. biggrin.gif

Nice walkthrough.

Edited by GunnerBrian

Thanks for the map, Flore. It was really useful. I'd never tried to get over that wall before.

Awesome guide smile.gif

user posted image

How did you get that picture? Where were you and how did you get there?

Thanks for the map, Flore. It was really useful. I'd never tried to get over that wall before.

Awesome guide smile.gif

user posted image

How did you get that picture? Where were you and how did you get there?

Once you perform the grenade jump, turn right, and you will see a small area that cuts into the right of the building (towards the north). The wall at the end of this area is not solid, so if you get yourself into the correct position, you can look through the wall with your camera, and take a picture. smile.gif

@bbllOnnkk

Look at your profile. If the box surrounding your signature contains red, it will be disabled. You need to resize your signature so that it is all green.

Thanks.

Couldn't find a camera (or any tourists with one) in all of LV city, so I did it with the sniper rifle. Then I found that you can actually step through part of the non-solid wall as the solid snow goes beyond it in places. This gave me a great view of the opened-up Bistro.

Thanks again.

If you place a blip... by using the O button after zooming in on the pause map... in between the San Fierro airstrip and the edge of Terra Robada, thats basically where the Bistro is (2000 blocks in the air) BUT, if you do this... you can also get INSIDE of CJ's Garage...

1. Before you even get on the plane to go to St. Marks Bistro... mark CJ's Garage in San Fierro with a blip

2. Follow the previous instructions posted before

3. Before you decide you want to drop into the "Blue Hell"... Enter the jetpack cheat (I know its useless up here... but not down there. tounge2.gif )

4. Fly around and dodge the invisible buildings. Soon you will see the crane for the Import/Export... Continue and you will see CJ's Garage, and part of the highway. Go up to CJ's garage, and the interior will be OPEN!!!

You can walk in an see where your office is.

To get your graphics back... at least partially...

Find a place to enter (cluckin bell, burger shot)

which is ALOT EASIER said then done... believe that.

P.S. You should place a satchel on the last guy... that way when you get bored... just press the button, and mission completed. LOL devil.gif

Oh my God!

I've got to go back again now. How did i miss all that? Everytime I visit Liberty I say it'll be the last, as there really isn't that much to see there, and then someone always goes and points out something huge that I completely missed. Yesterday I was just happy when I walked through a wall and didn't die. Then I got some pics of Liberty from below as I was falling. Now you tell me that I can get further than just peeking out from a damn alley.

Wow. I love all this stuff. If I'd put down the game as soon as I finished the story missions I'd never know all this stuff.

Thanks

Got some new pics.  I never realised the roads/snow at the FRONT of the bistro was solid, at first  blush.gif

Apologies for double post but I need to ask this:

Are you using the gameshark codes for walking through walls and no gravity to get to the roads at the front? I ask because I'm trying to do it using only the weapons/health/armour cheats.

I can get through the walls all along the east and south sides of the Bistro's back yard [they are ony solid up to a certain height so I use the grenades again], but the walkable area only seems to extend a few feet at most. I see sparks come off the south road when i shoot it, but everything in between seems empty. I fallen everytime I 've tried it now and I'm hoping someone can tell me how to do it .

Why am I so eager to get to this place, you ask?

Because it's there, say I.

[EDIT: Just realised I could have edited the last post to ask this - whoops, sorry]

Edited by carpetdweller

I used the action replay codes to walk through the wall. Hmm.. in this screenshot, you'll notice an arch towards the left hand side of the road that has a little road going through it. You can access that road using the weapons cheat, yes? Well, if you can somehow get to the location that I'm standing (in that screenshot) FROM that arch (which you can access without the max codes), you're able to explore. Everything beyond the point I'm standing on in that screenshot is not solid. Thats the only way I can think. It'd be a mighty long jump though, not sure if the grenades would get you that far confused.gif Another alternative would be to somehow get on the roof of the bistro, via the back (where you kill Forelli), but again, that'd have to be a pretty high jump tounge.gif

oh my god !!!!

i never think we will be able to get there

i get to the road without action replay

in fact, in my map we can see that the walls in the south of the zone located behind the wall behind forelli is real, but we can walk through it

i used a grenade for jump through this wall and i landed on the road

edit : I just realise that all the marco's bistro is solid

the stairs are solid, and in the first floor we can see the indoor of the marco's bistro throuth the windows

re edit : i have made a video : http://pagesperso.laposte.net/classpad/sa/real1.avi

and a new map :

user posted image

the red arrow is the jump to do with a grenade, in order to get on the road

Edited by flore

when you are near forelli, jump with a grenade the wall in west

when you are behind the wall, the wall in south is not solid

throw a grenade near it, walk and jump trougth the wall, the grenade will boost you

i will make a video of this

sorry if you don't understand but i'm french and i don't speak english very well

edit : these are the two videos show how to do (of course you must be on the mission)

the first step : jump the wall behind forelli : http://pagesperso.laposte.net/classpad/sa/firststep.avi

the second step : http://pagesperso.laposte.net/classpad/sa/2ndstep.avi

pass through the 2nd wall

download the videos here : http://pagesperso.laposte.net/classpad/sa/

(direct link doesn't work)

or here : http://membres.lycos.fr/sananlc/

Edited by flore

From: Daveyoxo (gs) | Posted: 12/11/2004 5:08:03 PM | Message Detail

URGENT MESSAGE!!!, one of the yellow triangles is related to the liberty city mission, if you know how to get into, what is known as 'blue hell' (a glitch) from there you can get back into saint marks bistro, and the street outside it (what you can see in the cutscene during the mission before you enter the building), you can do this, although it involves going into the marker at great speeds, so you need a good plane like the hydra, it may take numerous attempts, the marker is located around the point you fly up to in the mission, before the scene switches to liberty.

From: Daveyoxo (gs) | Posted: 12/11/2004 5:36:51 PM | Message Detail

Grayfox777 wrote:

What Blue Hell entrance should be used to get to Liberty City?

Do cars and peds spawn there?

---

• [Haiiro kitsune] • OMG IT GR4F1X

In the saint marks bistro mission, you have to fly a plane a certain distance, then the scene switches to Liberty, after the mission go to around the area where the scene switches, there's a faint marker fly, fast, into it and jump out and freefall into it, as you pass into the 'door' use your 'chute and you should enter blue hell, with liberty in the distance, this does take about 5 trys though, but it DOES work you can reach it after falling with your 'chute for about half a minute. depending where you land, you could be in the street outside, you can walk to the edge then you start falling again, but there is some peds around. if you go towards the bistro, its exactly the same as in the mision, and you can go anywhere in it.

Can anyone confirm that? I haven't tried it yet. blink.gif

oh my god !!!!

i never think we will be able to get there

i get to the road without action replay

in fact, in my map we can see that the walls in the south of the zone located behind the wall behind forelli is real, but we can walk through it

i used a grenade for jump through this wall and i landed on the road

edit : I just realise that all the marco's bistro is solid

the stairs are solid, and in the first floor we can see the indoor of the marco's bistro throuth the windows

re edit : i have made a video : http://pagesperso.laposte.net/classpad/sa/real1.avi

and a new map :

user posted image

the red arrow is the jump to do with a grenade, in order to get on the road

Heh, nice find... I suppose. cookie.gif

Thanks Flore. I followed your advice and went back again and jumped through the wall to the southern road. I walked around everywhere I could and up and around the Bistro. As always, there's not much to actually do, but I do enjoy seeing places I'm not really supposed to see. I'm pretty sure that's Liberty completely explored for me now. And I'm glad it was possible without a cheats disc.

'I came. I saw. I fell through the floor.'

Unless someone finds somewhere else I can go. I'm just waiting for the post that reads:

"Did you know you can catch a train from Portland to Francis Internation Airport and from there you can fly to..."

[EDIT: because I somehow deleted the first line before I first posted]

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the 2nd ISLAND, still, and i wanted to go to LC is there a way? I only have the standard cheats not action reply. Please help me i really want to do this smile.gif

well could you let me know the forum or give me the link please, because i really want to be able to do this soon. As i said i am on the 2nd island so i hope its within the 1/2 islands tounge.gif

The Saint Mark's Bistro mission is in Las Venturas, so you still have a ways to go. When you hit that mission, get out of it and save your game. You'll want to keep a save just before this one.

You don't need to blow yourself up with grenades anymore to jump over the walls. Just use the Mega Jump cheat: up, up, triangle, triangle, up, up, left, right, square, r2, r2. Here's a video of how to use it to get out to the street: http://www.maxbot.com/misc/LibertyCityOnFoot.wmv