Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,079 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BenMillard

GTASA Handling.CFG Experiments

modeeper

Been working with motorcycles. This is as fast as I can get them:

FCR900 450.0 600.0 0.0 0.0 0.05 -0.5 103 2.2 1.9 0.48 5 3000.0 120.0 -50.0 R P -10.0 0.60 0 25.0 1.10 0.17 0.0 0.21 -0.11 0.55 0.0 0.0 0.00 10000 1002000 2000001 1 1 4

FCR900 0.33 0.15 0.28 0.15 45.0 38.0 0.93 0.70 0.5 0.1 35.0 -40.0 -0.009 0.7 0.6

At the LS airport I go off the ramp to about 6,000 feet. Right at the end of the runway it will start to shake but will stay straight. Doesn't wheelie much unless you go up hill.

Gouveia

At the LS airport I go off the ramp to about 6,000 feet. Right at the end of the runway it will start to shake but will stay straight. Doesn't wheelie much unless you go up hill.

Hell no! It can't be serious! LOL! That should be awesome to make it go for the skies!

Krailer
FCR900 0.33 0.15 0.28 0.15 45.0 38.0 0.93 0.70 0.5 0.1 35.0 -40.0 -0.009 0.7 0.6

modeeper, which of those values would be the one that sets the stoppie multiplier?

Tyler10leo

MAN WHAT IS THE PATH FOR THE HANDLING.CFG IS GETTING MY ANGRY angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifmercie_blink.gif

1stgenLX-Turbo

Easy in your san andreas data folder confused.gif

BenMillard

For GTA San Andreas, it's usually "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\handling.cfg". Getting angry does not make modding easier. smile.gif

Krailer, the stoppie settings are in the special "Bike" data section. If you use my GTA handling tool, it's the LeanFwdForce setting which is under the "Bike" tab. That particular setting isn't shown on this screenshot, but you'll get the idea:

user posted image

(640 x 480, 28kB)

If you want to change the amount of points you get for doing a stoppie, I think that's set in the main.scm mission scripts. You'll need a "mission builder" program to change that and some knowledge of programming.

Edited by Cerbera

Plumit

is it possible to lower the back of a car without lowering the front.

im trying to lower a skyline and an s15 but to get the back to sit right the front wheels dont sit well.

i was messing around with some flags aswell. the one called axle_r_mcpherson which made the front stick right up in the air.

any ideas.

much apretiated

Puffalump

Can these codes be used for GTAIII ? or should I be looking in another place ? I'd like a fast, easy handling 4 seat that doesn't keep blowing up. 2 seater would be ok.

Thanks

Supra4

Sure is possible to lower the back alone Plumit. Change the suspension bias setting. giving it a higher number will make the rear drop and the nose come up. Then you can adjust the total height to your liking

@ Puffalump : There's quite a difference in the handling.cfg files. So you might be better off looking for a GTA III topic.

Simkazzz

Hello im creating a lot of handling for cars so i can share my expierence with you.I will say some simple facts.Mass should be like real car,atleast i make it .Turn mass 2500-2700 for small cars(honda crx,VW golf etc) 2800-3100 for coupe,sport cars,even gtr.3400-3800 for sedans,4000-4300 i use for drift cars for better slides.4500+ for heavier,bigger cars(limo,bmw 7 etc).Drag should be 1.3-1.6 from sports to limo.X mass center should be 0.0 y should be 0.2 for front engine,0.1 for more centered engine -0.1 for rear centered (like porsche) and -0.2 for rear engine.Z should be -0.1 for most cars maybe some -0.15.Cornering grip multiplayer should be 0.5 for trucks,heavy cars 0.6 0.65 for regular sedans 0.7 for semi sport cars(like hot hatch cars honda civic type r) 0.8 for sport car 0.9 for racing cars 1.0 for downforce high power racing cars (bmw m3 gtr),1.1 for f1 car.Traction bias should be 0.47 - 0.49 for regular cars.0.5 - 0.51 for sport rwd,0.53 and higher for drift.Remember more cornering traction you have ,more traction bias u need to make car go oversteer and it will be harder to control it(btw <0.5 understeer ,>0.5 oversteer).Max speed have effect if limiter flag,on .Acseleration depends on real life car acseleration so test by your self.INERTIA SHOULD BE ALWAYS 200! for realistic acseleration.Brake should be 5.6-6.0 for most cars and bias 0.57 - 0.67 .Only drift cars need 0.35 (<0.5 oversteer ,>0.5understeer).Steering should be 31-34 for regular and 39 for race car,45 for drift(IRL racing cars have 20-24,rally even have 36,regular 30-32,and buses 36 but this is gta it need to be diffrent) suspension and flags are in cereba tool.I hope I helped someone

Supra4

Sorry mate, but you're not making too much sense there.

The centre of gravity's values are measured in metres. So Y=0.1 means that the CG is 10 centimetres in front of the middle of the car. You say that a typical rear-engined car will have -0.2 there. Let's use a typical 911 to prove you wrong.

The 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S has a 38/62 % front-rear weight distribution and a 4427mm length. I'll spare you the entire calculation, but basically the weight distribution means that the CG will be 12cm behind the centre of the car for every metre of length.

The car is 4.427 metres long, so that calculation becomes 12x4.427 = 53.124 . That means that the CG is 0.53 metres behind the center of the car.

As a result your Y-axis value will not be -0.2 but slightly over -0.5 .

In my setups I would even reduce such a value to -0.35 or -0.4 to make setting up the car somewhat easier. After all the Porsche boys already spent 40 years to get the spring rates and damping right, and use a lot of electronics to keep the car under control. Those electronics aren't in the game, at least not for the player. As a result the car would be too difficult to drive if I were to set it up like the real thing.

Normally I would use the wheelbase instead of the total length, in which case the value would be 0.28 . But since this car has it's heaviest part (the engine) behind the rear axle, you have to use the total length. The reason for this is that the moment of inertia is much bigger on this particular car than it would be if the engine was between both axles.

More or less the same applies to the Z axis. The value there is once again in metres, 0 being halfway in between the roof and the ground. Some cars, like the Mercedes A class, will actually have a neutral to positive value (hence the tendency to fail the 'Elk test' ). Supercars can be -0.2 to even -0.3, depending on the engine layout.

using 4000-4300 turning mass for nice slides is an option, but you could just as well lower the grip. Real drift cars barely have any grip due to the excessive amount of camber. They simply have too little contact patch to provide any decent grip.

Drag values may be right for modern sports cars, but an AC Cobra 427 is also a sports car ... and it has the aerodynamics of a brick wall. so real-life Cx and Cw values need to be taken into account here instead of using a fixed value per car class.

There's no set definition for traction bias either. Traction depends on the weight distribution and the tire contact patch. I do have a formula for that, but won't post it here as that would make this post become a full-on encyclopedia. I might turn it into a spreadsheet someday tho. But then again, traction bias depends on the downforce too, so it changes as the speeds rise. The GTA physics engine doesn't support downforce though, so you may need to alter the traction bias a bit to produce the right results across the entire speed range

Cornering multiplier to 0.6 for sedans? Depends on what sedan you're talking about. Technically an M5 is also a sedan, so is an EVO VIII. The latter even outperforms a several modern supercars in the corners, so 0.9 isn't too far off for that car.

Same story with the trucks. You may not be aware of it, but your average car will not keep up with a truck (minus trailer) in terms of accelleration from a standing start. Only when the aerodynamics come into play the car will catch up, as seen in this race between a 2 litre Integra type R and a Kenworth truck. Keep in mind that several euro trucks have the same horsepower but weigh half as much as the one in this movie. Those things would eat a 911 from 0-60 MPH if they weren't limited to 55 MPH

Inertia should always be 200 ? I doubt it. You are obviously clueless as to what inertia means. Inertia (or the lack thereoff) is what allows a CRX 1.4 to beat a BMW 535i at the lights, despite the beemer having 3 times as much horsepower and a better power-to-weight ratio.

Steering angles are off as well. You need to look at the turning radius of the real car and adjust it from there. You'd be surprised at how much space some cars need to turn IRL, and how low you need to set the turning value. for a road car it's more like 25-28.

-----

Sorry if all this sounds harsh, but setup experts didn't get this far by just setting up some cars and then making general assumptions. We literally spent months to find out exactly what every little number represents and what happens when we alter it in some way.

I've been studying this matter (car setups and physics engines) for over 5 years now, and spent the last year or so transferring my setup knowledge from those years of top-level online racing over to setting up cars in San Andreas. Although this engine is different from the one used in most racing games, it's based roughly on the same principles. With some minor tweaks one could use it for racing purposes, but R* set up the cars in a very unrealistic fashion to improve gameplay and make the (prehistoric) AI's problems less apparent.

Edited by Supra4

Simkazzz
Well first i really liked your comment maybe you have skype,i want to speak more about that grip diagram.How do get that 12cm to every meter?Im not good at math.I think now 0.9 (turn mass 3000)is too much even for f1 car.I made test in track and my speed was 150kmh in c form corner.That is way too much!Can you explain more about it.And now im creating handling for bmw e46 m3 csl and your help would be grateful.I read specifications online and get some info online 1385kg weight

Wheelbase 2731mm

4493mm Long

1369mm Height

0-100kmh 4.8s

0-200kmh 16.8s

1/4mile [email protected]

Braking way 100-0kmh 34m (so with my friend math 2.5s)

i need to set suspension,CG,braking,cornerning... with your help that would be good work.And if about my expierence i read a lot about auto(got some really serious books,etc) and starting motorsport IRL,playing simulators(gtr2,lfs,gtl)

Well first i really liked your comment maybe you have skype,i want to speak more about that grip diagram.How do get that 12cm to every meter?Im not good at math.I think now 0.9 (turn mass 3000)is too much even for f1 car.I made test in track and my speed was 150kmh in c form corner.That is way too much!Can you explain more about it.And now im creating handling for bmw e46 m3 csl and your help would be grateful.I read specifications online and get some info online 1385kg weight

Wheelbase 2731mm

4493mm Long

1369mm Height

0-100kmh 4.8s

0-200kmh 16.8s

1/4mile [email protected]

Braking way 100-0kmh 34m (so with my friend math 2.5s)

i need to set suspension,CG,braking,cornerning... with your help that would be good work.And if about my expierence i read a lot about auto(got some really serious books,etc) and starting motorsport IRL,playing simulators(gtr2,lfs,gtl)

GuriRapper

i guess with all the tools now we all know what all the handling flags mean....cause i got my own experiments(top speed over 300kph and a steering like a sentinel.thats all)and they are working treally good.

to remove the top height limiter you'll need tio use a scm mod.and to remoe the planes top speed too

dudejo

Sorry if the dust makes you sneeze. tounge.gif

I wanted to add a few things I discovered that aren't addressed in either this topic or on Cerbera's old website.

For starters, the Gears column does influence performance. It's roughly the 1st gear speed/top speed ratio.

So, for example, let's take a car with a top speed of 200 km/h and 5 gears. 5 gears translates into a 1st gear ratio of 5:1. This means the car will accelerate harder up hills until it hits ~40 mh/h.

If you instead put in 2 gears, the 2:1 ratio will make the acceleration boost last until ~100 km/h.

Also, for those who use CFG Studio 2, when using the suspension helper, damping doesn't need to be adjusted against the suspension travel. While springs will truly get stiffer if you reduce suspension travel, dampers will retain the same force.

With that, I only wonder if anyone has ever worked out the exact boost given by 1G_Boost and 2G_Boost.