2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

T-808

[WIP]Road Warrior Mod For San Andreas

T-808

more ot he map work. did the hanging lights...no worries they are lower poly then you think...the wires connectign them will be planes as well. got the old gas pump that is in the compund (i guess for a bit of visual irony) started the various arrangments of barels,also peiced together the start of the iron windmill....it's not fully to scale but to answer your questions it is supposed to be that tall. i also re adjusted the hieght of the trie wall in there now i forgot that mad max was lookign down at an angle at the compund when he looks thought the spy glass but when i looekd at max's approach to the compund form the gorund i saw the wall was way to short so i beaffed the scale up now she iwll eb the right height.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

T-808

good news bad news and two new sa releases (sorry me vc is broekn at the moment.)

good news. Mad_Maxine has joined the team to skin. she is fantastic.

bad news. she won't be arsed to map the models...which is okay i understand but now i must learn mapping or i'll be holdign up the mod. if by chance augh doesn't get the intereceptor 2 by october as i promiced him...then we got maxine who can do the greatest rust to rust up the interceptor 2.either way you all won't be disappointed.

now on to the releases.

user posted image

user posted image

i also redid the red xa in sa with th help of brendans msn tutorial and i got the wheels to looks alot more liek the movie since they were stickign out too far.

sorry no image jsut have the downlaod it yoruself and see the difference.

anywho as for the vc versions of things sorry people but as i said my vc done broke so i can't test the convertion work i have done now if people want to help me test out the march hare,the stock xa,the xa taxi and the manoro then pm me we'll get you the files. but till i get a new vc disc i'm dead in the water for vc. oh and the unarmored mack is comign to vc as well but again it's untested as a convertion so i'm nto sure it works.

Blingy

Hey man,I cant wait for Mad_Maxine's work on the cars. I hope they look great! Also,Sweet work on the Night Rider car. It's Great!!!

[DRuG]NikT

Awesome work guys... don't have anything really poignant to say - just felt it would be a good idea to voice my interest in this mod - we're all looking forward to release, and I'm loving watching how professionally you guys are working together on such a big task.

catloaf_by_anuj.gifcookie.gifbreadfish_by_Moto.gif

Would be funny if some of the cars had static models of the Lord Humungous and his crew in the seats or hung over the bonnet (edit: I see you already have these... nice1) and I'm looking forward to the metal boomerang like the little savage/feral kid had... how you going with the UV mapping? Enough peepz?

user posted image

"The Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rollah"

(personally I'm thinkin' he looks pretty faggy in that outfit, even if it was the 80s)

Edited by [DRuG]NikT

Mezz

T-808 - Thank you so much for getting the Monaro Persuit Special out - fantastic car!

Keep up the good work icon14.gif

T-808

thanks all. mad_maxine whould work out very very well. i've almost got the graps of mapping. should be soon when i can't say for sure i'm havign toruble balancing deadlines with work and with my work on mods.

what's really bothring me right now is the wip brigade. the mad max impala only really needs new rims and a hood ornament...the manoro form rowar warror neds the body reshape the other manoro got and a perfect front end and hood. not really big issues to model or remodel. so they are kinda on my main list next to mappping and work i have to do for my job. but i want them done i want the wip brigade to only be the valint charger till brendan eventualy gets around to the stock desoto,valint vh coupe and his only charger...course he is workign hard on finishign up the mack for you all wioth daul back wheels,differnet rims from the front to the back ones,i edited the back wheel gaurds to make her more liek she should have been so the wheels don't bouch up thoguth her.

so alot is coming i hope to get thsi mappign right so alot more of the finsiehd meshes can come out to you all cause i been put too much of my blood and sweat onto these things. it's been a dream to me and most of that dream is finaly becoming real.

i hope they will be real for all of you who have ever sat with a room full of consoles yet no real mad max game to cal your own.

i can't say that the outfits of the maruaders we not gayish...they were. but you have to look at what the movie was written as which was a post-apocolyptic,western,greek tragedy.... take wez for example...you could see hsi as less chaps and say "oh yeah he's so fruity he coudl cure scurvey." or you coudl take it in context value and think "hmmmmm interesting futuristic indian dressing." think of how most of them use corss bows...now for humongus,his truck loosk a bit liek a chariotte and hsit dressing is very "ceaserish" hell he has a thrown of type where he sits and he threw a triten which is a greek weapon. i'm not saying it doen't look gay but you have to look at hwo to story was written to understand that it's not totaly flaming gay.

Mezz

there WERE homosexuals in Humongus's gang. I recall at one stage in the film he calls out for his "gay boys" or "gay boy berzerkers". I think it was part of the now cut (along with Wez's crossbow bolt wound and his golden boy getting the boomerang jiggled about in his forehead) montage scene of the them torturing and burning the people they had captured. humungos is on his loadspeaker stoking them up.

T-808, now things are going a lot smoother for you and the team will there ever be a chance you could possibley ressurect the Goose Kwaka?

Shem

c'mon, i read the original script for mad max 2 (it's on the net, you just need to look for it), and there's not a word about gay berzerkers being actually gay. They're just called that way, and that's it. But they way they dress - yeah it's kind of confusing. Especially looking at it from Y.M.C.A. 'CREW' clip perspective (gay berzerkers were the cop looking guys).

Mezz

What - so they were just extremely happy guys? (the Golden Boy/Wez thing a case in point) I've got no problem with their sexual preferences either way, I really couldn't care less.

Shem

i dunno, G.Miller figured out the names for them. come to think of it - maybe he was thinking that this is how extremely angry, post apocalyptic gay people would look like dozingoff.gif

T-808

(puts his index and thumb between his eyes to message the brain hurt away.) the wez/golden youth thing is iffy...vernon wells says that there are deleted scenese which shoudl be on the next road warrior dvd release that explains their "relationship" as being more of father and son not as butch and bitch. the way the movie is cut leaves it open. now in the script thee are "gayboy bezerkers" the offial toy of the "gayboy bezerkers" is calld "the badcop". there was even a female bad cop i found while getting screenshots. i'm not saying no one in mad amx was gay i'm not saying things don't look a bit fruity.

i am saying at the time it was written and the context of the writting says other wise for the most part.

but enough enough enough. it looks gay it may be sorta gay but as humungus would say "no more games...no more games."

as for the kawasaki i'm workign on it it really depends on me mappign it so someone can skin it but again alot has to happen before we really get more releases out at all main thing beign mroe hten one skinner but i feel that oncei master makign maps of the models skinners will come everyoen hates mapping and alot more hate texturing otherwise we'd have no troubles i could make the models and others coudl skin them for fair credit but meh life's anything but fair these days.

short answer i'll try to get it going after the impala and the red manoro finish modeling.

T-808

good news. the landau is 90% finsihed and should be ingame by tomarrow so says triplea's so onche he finsiehd that off i can cinvert it up for down and have a release for it. then the stock version can be made as well as an ventaul verison 2.0 for sa which will have the back hubcaps on.

the red manoro's body reshaping and rescaling is done!! i leaves some minor interrior detailign to be done and then comes the part i been tryign to perfect for weeks. the front end. i have figured out two things thought. 1. the hood actualy stops short of the edge where the 1930 ford grille is mounted. 2. the sides the front end indent a bit. so i got those two details added in before i took the snap shorts. again thoguht the frotn end frotn end is not done. last two detials are this. the trunk seems to be weled out of existence in the movie would any relaly miss the trunk damage if i let it that way? and i gotta rewatch the movie so i can see if the door were in use at all as well cause i think they weren't at all but we'll see in a moment. the wheels need to be adjusted so that they are low this car was kind of a low rider. here's the maroon road warrior manoro as it is now.

user posted image

user posted image

sandman is also very nearly done but needs alot of cutting and patching we'll look into finishing her up in the near future.

[DRuG]NikT

Yeh, i think the gay thing is probably something originally scripted with more detail, but later possibly dumped from the final cut to make the movie more digestable for the <ugh> mainstream market.

Either way, they do look like psycho post-apocolyptic warriors, and I assume they would have very few rules in any department... and the film conveyed that successfully.

Love the Monaro - is that thing gonna have spec. lighting and reflections that take into account dust etc.? Just curious how u guys are gonna give the TC an overall "dusty" feel.

Edited by [DRuG]NikT

Shem

wow, i knew that there's gonna be a new release of road warrior, but with some deleted scenes? perfect. where do you get that info t808? i thought i kept track of what's going on in mad max universe till now.

oh, and while i'm on that topic, this may sound stupid, but i just cant get a hold of a copy of a release of road warrior dvd with a short documentary about mad max 2 cars. I think that t808 used that dvd as reference for the Lone Wolf machine, i might be wrong. The thing is - in that dvd release there's this part where all the cars of RW are shown in a close up. Actually they're lined up and the camera is panning them. you can see a lot of details on cars etc. Now the request - if anybody has this dvd, could you make a hi res snapshot of these cars? I'm a sucker for these cars, and i honestly would like to see them from a different perspective. Alright, that's enough of my bragging.

the monaro -

looks awesome. how did you notice that there's a gap between the custom front and the hood? i'd never notice that, ever man! in fact i somehow refused to think that it's actually a monaro, similar to NightRiders'. It struck me when i saw the back of that car. wow, you learn something new every day. Great work there on the detail. As far as the doors go. I saw that they are welded, everyone was jumping in and out of the window of that car in the movie. and the back - i don't know if it's welded, but i'd weld the trunk of that f*cker.

T-808

thanks for the input all.

and @ shem. i wish i had that dvd as well right now i'm mainly workign of off production shots of most of the cars from an old site called www.max.org which is down at thsi point (the owner of the site was in a car accident and deid...irony anyone.) and it was a frontal shot "the only one of the manoro i truely have at thsi point that's nto grainy or back facing.) i saw the that hood ends before the custom frotn end so i'm making it that way as that is the way it was made. as far as the cards make.... considierign that the manroo hq's tail lights where in the bumper it's nto hard to see that takign that off you'd have abotu the same back end as the hq but we could all be wrong i'm jsut goign by information from www.madmaxmovies.com (which is where i got the production stills form.) on makes and models i'm not an aussie i'm not from australia so i don't have first hand knowledge of all australian cars. i'm doign my best thought.

so anyways i rewatch road warrior and i can't find any scenes of anyone useing the doors nor any visable door handels so doors are out but i'm still thinking of if i can make that side are dent cause that area got dented well when the manoro almsot gets run over by the trialer while trying to over take it. otherwise this car won't have much damage at all.

anyways not much has been done yet i'll have reports abotu the landau and the maroon manoro tonight or tomarrow...got alot going on in my life oui. well i'm of to see what i can do with the sandman before i got back to work. see you all soon i hope.

oh and shem..... vernon wells who played wez has talked extensively about interviews he did as well as lost scene rom road warrior for a 25th anneversary road warrior dvd. it was set to come out about a few weeks ago for road warriors 25th anneveersary with all the bells and whistles a dvd release should have. then warner brothers cancled it and won't say why. but a new trilogy dvd is comoing out we can only prey the material is in the road warrior dvd of thsi release.

uNi

As I said at NY forums this is looking awesome, keep it up man. icon14.gif

*rates topic Good.

derecalator

haha in defense of the setting of road warrior not being gay, remember these two scenes....1-when max is on the big hill and watches as the Girl from the compound gets raped by one of humongous' men...2-when max is driving the truck back to the compound and it catches the tent and the two hedro lovers are exposed... lol i know this isnt a big deal but im juss clearin up some confusion

Mezz

I never meant to imply that ALL of the gang were gay, just that with so few women seemingly around it would stand to reason a few of them would revert to homosexual practises and maybe abide by 'prison' rules. Hey, even a big mean post apocalytic warrior's gotta relax someway or other!

As for the a new DVD lets just pray that Warners release it uncut and not force everyone to have the US R rated version.

The last time it was on UK tv a few months back the version shown was still the slightly trimmed version but, like the Japanese DVD, still included Wez digging out the crossbow bolt in graphic detail. No close-up boomerang in head for the Golden Boy though, or extended torture/burning montage.

Shem

@derecalator

....pink desoto and guy inside.

try to clear THAT up smile.gif

derecalator

lol good point, all i know is that max aint a fag...hes juss too badass

Futurama_Freak1-MOD

ooo first mod? looks like the last to me if ur going at this rate

but i cant wait till its out looks cool

T-808

that was kind of a back handed compliment not sure wheather to be mad or happy about that one. but i would remind such commentors that i am the only one modeling for it at present time i'd like to see them get all these plus a map done faster by themselves. but anyways triplea's a no show atm so i can't show you the landau and have release links for you all not yet. also the finalized sa mack is taking it's time when i get my vice city back up and running i can test them mods we released for sa but never got into vc.

no i am off the mod temporarily for the weekend as i have two requeted models form friedns that i really haven't been fair about makign time for one is almsot doen the other is still very wip but will be ready soon enough if i atleast get one done then i can work on the manoro and impala. i'm tryign to be fair to everyone and get as much done as i can lately.

Shem

how about YOU pulling out a mod this big on your own smartass?

you bet it looks cool, and we have a whole fanbase waiting for it to be released, but it takes time to build. It's not like it's a 'Desperate Housewives' mod where thousands of people chip in and it's ready in 2 weeks. We've got one great guy here - T808. If it wasn't for him i doubt anyone would make a a RW mod. He keeps the ball rolling by getting all the other people involved in it, helping him out, so appreciate it or spare yourself such comments. over and out.

[DRuG]NikT

Re: the gay thing - the warriors appear anarchists in many respects of their lives, I expect their approach to sex is about as freakish as their outfits - post apocolypse, I assume most mainstream morality would be out the window. The comment re the Lord's rocket studded speedos was purely directed at his outfit, however, which I would expect to find few other places than a very scarey gay bar.

Re: 'Desperate Housewives' mod - OMFG dude you were serious!?!? I was gonna make a crack saying yeh, bring on the McCrap game since the idea was ludicrous to me, but you really are serious - there's gonna be a game of that sh*t... http://pc.ign.com/articles/698/698394p1.html

Edited by [DRuG]NikT

Shem

wow.gif

WHAT THE f*ck???

suicidal.gif

T-808

to the commentor i kinda need to clearify. i appreciate the complment at the end. but it's not liek we don't have soem releases out now. all main files housed at www.gtany.com just register and you can get the start of the feeling of the movies. buy the mad max or mad amx 2 ost it truely helps also throwing the game into riot mod makes you feel liek the world is falling apart around you. but as for the pace i work for 8 hours everyday...i work with little or no refs or blue prints or poor refs at best. i had a team but they are mostly gone. i get help form friends but modeling falls to me and when i'm not working i raise a child on my own as a single father. while i'd love to have had this done months ago i still plug away while also doign my best to fill requests and god knows what else i'm lucky most days to get 5 hours of sleep. so i would jsut hope people would understand in the future that this coudl be doen more if there were things liek full on blue prints and so on but i've had to beg,scrap, and guess my way to getting this far. but thank you for the compliment at the end.

can we all jsut agree that soem fo the gang was gay and some was not...it's a movie as much as i love it it's a movie if it was all gay gang would it matter has it turned you gay? then lets get this topic back on track.

recently i found myself having trouble keeping deadlines in my life so no more from here on out on this. i got a convoy mack to covert for a good freind while doign the compund map and finishing up the manoro. all will be done soon then i have to drop out again for a while i must learn mapping or thsi mod will never fully be released period and i don't want these models to die. i think the mechanic said it best when he said " i put too much of my blood and sweat on thsi mother to ride on the f*cking school bus!" my feelings the same way about this mod. also i been lookign at the gate bus i think it won't be as hard as i psyche myself out for it to be.

anyways back to work i go thanks for the support shem and [drug]nikit i know i test everyones patience with this mod but we got this far and i hoep to reward you with fantastic machines. oh and soul says the goose kawasaki is still on patience younge grasshoppers.

[DRuG]NikT

i know i test everyones patience with this mod but we got this far and i hoep to reward you with fantastic machines

No way, I'm sure I speak for most modders here when I say we have infinite patience and understanding, dude.. we all do this for fun, don't let anyone make u feel it should be otherwise.. and ur fun long term = our fun, so enjoy urself, eh wink.gif

T-808

thanks drug nikit i'm over it in many ways that titling i put without thinkign has give us more toruble then i would have though i wasn't psotign it to boast yet everyone took it that way then came the haters "well we were makign a sa mod way before you." " um fine i don't care really you can have the title i don't care at all really we aren't the first it's no skin off my back." anyways thansk for the support.

small update. triplea's is taking the the landau in a slightly different direction. he has input his own wheels but he has touched up the skin alot oh and he solved the brown hood problem so don't worry about that. he made a fake backdrop as well. that's not ingame sorry. not yet folks. anyways it is very very close to being done as to when it's hard to say next monday form this post will be when he has his major tests after that things should get done on that. my plan in vc is to replace the gang hermies imagine flames coming out of that bitches side pipes hells yeah. in sa we are lookign ar repalcing the buffalo. now a scond version will be along which will feature the back rims but only for sa sorry vc'ers but this trick we know only works in sa. but both will get a stock landau soon enough frnakly the model i have in my possession right now could be made into a stock landau using stock gta wheels. point is alot is still going on.

in the back ground mad maxine will start with us by skinign a carmageddon car i knwo alot of you wanted way back when that one gent made a carmageddon truck using the vc line runer. i speak of coruse of the carmageddon eagle. econobrick has genrously donated his mesh to us. i have it ready for ingame but it needs a skin and maxine is the gal to do it yeah. i have pretty well finsiehd up the convoy "rubber duck" mack truck as well."so mods are moving along and things should be released soon mad max and non mad max alike.

landau as she sits now :

skin and wheels by triple'as

side pipes and front grille by quicksilver

hood skull by 3dcafe.com

hood mounts,hood,side bar wheel covers,back bumper,font bumper,headlights,body shaping and convertion,leaf springs, underside engine hoodups, underside mountings by t-808

main body by ganjcia

user posted image

ed: did some work on the side on the stock landau. i'll likely fool around with better rims and stuff but his bitch is born to run so far. i pulled off the side pipes,pulled off the back metal pipework wheel gaurd,ripped out the wheels. threw out the old hoods and started a new one to save time and agony. both bumpers will be going and i'll be working on a way to make the cars head lights flip out as some have sudgested (at night like thsi one tessteroa.).

i could however use some help. before i rip out the under carage hook up. i was woundeing if the ausstralians in the forum would like me to install pipes along the bottom (like the impala had in mad max one.) or leave this baby stock? other wise i got those pipes to pull out and a new exhuast system to install. but she looking nice and should ride nice ingame. i have a few other things to add to her before i can call her stock but i did what i could for the time i have. more when i got something to post.

Edited by T-808

derecalator

omg the sooner that landua is out the sooner im gonna PISS MY PANTS OUT OF HAPPINESS

LIVEVIL

landau as she sits now :

skin and wheels by triple'as

side pipes and front grille by quicksilver

hood skull by 3dcafe.com

hood mounts,hood,side bar wheel covers,back bumper,font bumper,headlights,body shaping and convertion,leaf springs, underside engine hoodups, underside mountings by t-808

main body by ganjcia

user posted image

ed: did some work on the side on the stock landau. i'll likely fool around with better rims and stuff but his bitch is born to run so far. i pulled off the side pipes,pulled off the back metal pipework wheel gaurd,ripped out the wheels. threw out the old hoods and started a new one to save time and agony. both bumpers will be going and i'll be working on a way to make the cars head lights flip out as some have sudgested (at night like thsi one tessteroa.).

i could however use some help. before i rip out the under carage hook up. i was woundeing if the ausstralians in the forum would like me to install pipes along the bottom (like the impala had in mad max one.) or leave this baby stock? other wise i got those pipes to pull out and a new exhuast system to install. but she looking nice and should ride nice ingame. i have a few other things to add to her before i can call her stock but i did what i could for the time i have. more when i got something to post.

HOLYYYY SHIIIT MAAN thats BADASS!! devil.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gifcool.gif You guys are doing such a phenominal job on these Road Warrior skins.Bravo ,keep up the great work!