4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

..:: NBA ::..

CJ San Andreas

CJ San Andreas
Oh my god! Josh Smith made 3 amazing 50 point dunks. Those were amazing! The first one he imitated MJ with the almost free-throw line dunk, then he went over Kenyon Martin, and the last dunk was a 180-Windmill-Dunk. Josh killed everyone else. As for Chris Andersen, it really does send a message to the audience that the white boys can't do anything in the Dunk Contest. Tonight is the big game, should be a lot of fun.
JSAN ANDREAS

OMFG! HAHAHHA! I must feel so terrible if I was on the yellow team. LMAO!

EDIT: ALL STAR!!!! I say east... cool.gif Go Vince Carter!

Edited by JSAN ANDREAS
CJ San Andreas
Yup, its on i'm going to watch the entire game. I say the west wins because KG, Duncan, Nowitzki and Yao.
Phatgordo13

I want to start chattin a bit in this topic a bit more. I missed the dunk contest and Im kinda pissed I did cuz I wanted to see it and I heard it was tight as hell.

Im a hardcore Bulls fan, and I like the Kings as well. If thats any warrent for discussion. Im a big fan of the Suns this year, I think theyre a tough team but Ill still pull for my Baby Bulls.

GTA3Rockstar
I want to start chattin a bit in this topic a bit more. I missed the dunk contest and Im kinda pissed I did cuz I wanted to see it and I heard it was tight as hell.

Im a hardcore Bulls fan, and I like the Kings as well. If thats any warrent for discussion. Im a big fan of the Suns this year, I think theyre a tough team but Ill still pull for my Baby Bulls.

Do you live in Colorado, or are you just visiting?

East won, 115-125

CJ San Andreas
My boy, Vince Carter with that pass to himself Slam Dunk! Yeah!

Raptors @ Nets on Tuesday. cool.gif

That pass to himself dunk during the game was the best I've seen in an All-Star Game. The East surprisingly came back. I thought the West would blow them out. I hope next year LeBron, J-Rich and Carter participate in the Dunk Contest. Especially LeBron.

The last game before the All-Star weekend the Mavs surprisingly beat the Suns on the road. Finley had a game high 33 points.

Current Record: 35-16 (4 Game Winning Streak)

Next Game: @Utah Feb. 23

Phatgordo13

Do you live in Colorado, or are you just visiting?

East won, 115-125

Colorado...? What? Im lost.

Check out these rumors about trades coming up.

Along with the Timberwolves, the Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, Portland Trail Blazers, Boston Celtics, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers are the favorites to make something happen before the league's trading deadline passes Thursday afternoon.

Sacramento's Chris Webber, New York's Kurt Thomas, Toronto's Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall, Indiana's suspended Ron Artest, Memphis' Bonzi Wells, Portland's Damon Stoudamire, Nick Van Exel and Ruben Patterson, Miami's Eddie Jones and the Lakers' Lamar Odom were among the names being bandied about in trade rumors over the weekend.

CJ San Andreas

Shaq rolled his ankle last night against the Chicago Bulls.

user posted image

The Bulls have been winning close games against very good teams. With this win, I think they are legit. It'll be interesting if they can keep it up though because they are a very young team.

JSAN ANDREAS

The Bulls won that game because Shaq sprained his knee in the 1st period and never came back. If Shaq was still there, they sure wudda lost, and badly. But i guess gud win for them. smile.gif

Man, my Nets lost to the friggin Raptors. I thought VC was gonna show off in that game. But he only had 22 pts. Bad way to start after the All-Star Game. I hope they can step up today against the Bucks. confused.gif

Phatgordo13
The Bulls won that game because Shaq sprained his knee in the 1st period and never came back. If Shaq was still there, they sure wudda lost, and badly. But i guess gud win for them. smile.gif

Man, my Nets lost to the friggin Raptors. I thought VC was gonna show off in that game. But he only had 22 pts. Bad way to start after the All-Star Game. I hope they can step up today against the Bucks. confused.gif

I wouldnt doubt the Bulls losing to the Heat with Shaq but I still wouldnt put it past them to beat em either. I think the Bulls are the most dangerous team in the leauge because they can beat anyone, anywhere, any time. What it comes doen to is mental mistakes. The young factor kicks in. Alot of times the Bulls will be winning going into the 4th and just collapse. Cant close it out. When theyre on....or hell half way on. Theyre a dangerous team.

Shaq wouldnt be having a cake walk. He'd have to go through Eddy Curry, aka 'Baby Shaq'. He got that nick name for a reason. Bulls lost to the Cavs tonight but King James and company are a strong squad. STRONG. The Bulls can still make the playoffs and I think that would be great. They make the playoffs, dont have to even win, but knowing they can do it, and getting the expirence.....go into next year, a little older, a little wiser. You got something to deal with.

Ive gotta go with the Heat this year to win it all. Dwayne Wade and Eddie Jones just to much to handle......and oh yah, Shaq.

Whoo boy. Sacramento is f*cking nuts. They just let C.Web walk to Philly for practicly nothing. Kenny Thomas is good on some nights when he decides to show up but he's no C.Web. Kings got raped just to unload a big contract. They can say bye bye to doing anything in the playoffs.

But as a Philly boy....today is a good day. biggrin.gif

I Love Anna Kournikova

Im a kings fan, but this has to be the worst trade in NBA history.

Kings f*ckin suck, getting rid of their best player.

Im a kings fan, but this has to be the worst trade in NBA history.

Kings f*ckin suck, getting rid of their best player.

look on the bright side you now got alot of money to go out and sign a big name free agent when the time comes..reminds me of what the eagles did by keepin their money situation good and then when the time was right they go and get T.O. and Jevon Kearse..in 2 or 3 years some ones gonna be a big name free agent and the kings will be first in line to pick him up

anyways im a knicks fan but living in eastern pennsylvania i see alot of sixers coverage and am just as excited about this trade as the sixers are...i have already given up hope on the knicks they are a mess right now, so now im hoping the best for AI and company

Edited by 9jkearse3

Their is no bright side when a good team trades their best player in the middle of a season where they could have made some noise in the playoffs. None.

CJ San Andreas

Wow, Kings are stupid to trade their healthiest player. Chris Webber can still play too. They didn't even get a draft pick either. wow.gif I guess they wanted to go younger since Webber is starting to get old and slow. But its not the worst trade in NBA history, ILAK.

This was the trade:

Philadelphia 76ers President and General Manager Billy King announced tonight that the Sixers have acquired five-time NBA All-Star forward Chris Webber, along with forwards Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley, in exchange for forwards Brian Skinner, Kenny Thomas and Corliss Williamson.

I'm actually happy about this trade. One less team to worry about in the western conference.

Mavericks won last night again. 101-83. This time the Jazz felt the wrath of the Mavs. They've won 5 straight road games. Surprisingly they have a better record on the road than at home.

Current Record: 36-16

Next Game: vs. Sacramento Tonight happy.gif

76ers just got jamal mashburn and some other guy for glenn robinson

Edit: i'll just put up the recent trades

76ers get: Jamal Mashburn, Rodney Rogers
Hornets get: Glenn Robinson

Cavaliers get: Jiri Welsch
Celtics get: 2007 First round pick

Bucks get: Reece Gaines, Two Second-round picks(2006, 2007)
Rockets get: Zendon Hamilton, Mike James
and GS is trying desperatly to get Baron Davis before the deadline which means if they do the deal will go dwon in the next hour and a half

Edit 2: two more deals just went down

Mavericks get: Keith Van Horn
Bucks get: Cash Considerations, Calvin Booth, Alan henderson

Warriors get: Baron Davis
Hornets get: Speedy Claxton, Dale Davis
Edit 3 tounge.gif (trying to avoid a double post)

Knicks get: Maurice Taylor, First round pick
Rockets get: Vin Baker, Moochie Norris

Knicks get: Moochie Norris, First Round Pick
Spurs get: Nazr Mohammed, Jamison Brewer
AND another one just went down

Hawks get: Gary Payton, Tom Gugliotta(sp?), Michael Stewart, 1st Rd draft pick
Celtics get: Antoine Walker
Edited by 9jkearse3
JSAN ANDREAS

PHEW! No Jason Kidd Trade! I DO want Donyell Marshall Though when he becomes a free agnet. When asked if he wanted to play for Nets, he said he's be more 'n' happy to. More Upcoming free agents.. Stromile Swift and Shareef Abdur Rahim.

Can any of these guys be A future Nets Player? smile.gif

angry.gifcryani.gif -2 streak. DAMn Raptors. Damn Bucks! Why are we always playing gud in the First half, but crashing down totally in the second HALF!?!?!?!?! devil.giframpage_ani.gifsuicidal.gifcryani.gifdie2.gifangry.gifmad.gif

sorry about that first post. I was freakishly high. The nets are awesome and i hope they make it to the playoffs. GO NETS!!!

P.S. Please stop threatening me with those horrifying awa messages JSAN. Please nervous.gif

Edited by GTABAG
JSAN ANDREAS
Whoo boy. Sacramento is f*cking nuts. They just let C.Web walk to Philly for practicly nothing. Kenny Thomas is good on some nights when he decides to show up but he's no C.Web. Kings got raped just to unload a big contract. They can say bye bye to doing anything in the playoffs.

But as a Philly boy....today is a good day. biggrin.gif

WOw!

And whut a coincidence. 2 of the 3 games today involve sixers and Kings! My predictions? Sixers Win against Knicks. Kings Lose to Mavs. These games can both be seen back to back on TNT.

Phatgordo13
C Webb isnt Sacramento's healthiest or Best. Peja. Franchise player. Most under rated player IN THE LEAGUE. He should be an all star. C Webb has been bad mouthing his own team mates in the press for awhile so I know that it was gonna be Webber or Peja. So the Kings took their Franchise player. I think they shouldve gotten more for their money but I think theyre trying to loosen up some more salary room. Webber has been alot more injury pron over the last few seasons as well and hasnt performed as well as he has either so. I agree with getting rid of him.

What? C.Web was their franchise boy. That's how he got the huge contract in the first place. Peja is good but he isn't gonna get things done w/o Webber....not in that conference. Good big men are the key. This was as stupid as the Lakers trading Shaq. Kobe is a great player but he won't get you where you want to go by himself.

meth said it best kobe without shaq isnt turning out so well so peja w/o webber is going to be down right ugly

Edit: 2 other deals went down i dont see how because i thought the deadline was over , but it could have happened before the deadline and i jsut didnt notice, but anywhoo

Bobcats get: Malik Allen, Cash

Heat get: Steve Smith

Nuggets get: Eduardo Najera, Luis Flores, Future first rounder

Warriors get: Rodney White, Nikiloz Tskitishvili

Edited by 9jkearse3
Phatgordo13
What? C.Web was their franchise boy. That's how he got the huge contract in the first place. Peja is good but he isn't gonna get things done w/o Webber....not in that conference. Good big men are the key. This was as stupid as the Lakers trading Shaq. Kobe is a great player but he won't get you where you want to go by himself.

Brad Miller. Peja has never depended on C Webb or vice versa. The two have hated each other recently. Peja is an outside shooter. You give him the ball and let em pop. You got Bibby and Mobley...you got Miller and a STACKED bench. Peja aint going anywhere.

CJ San Andreas

C Web was the healthiest player on the Kings. The Kings do not have anything near a 'STACKED' bench. Not even close. Peja was out almost the entire season. With the trade of Chris they have a much greater chance to re-sign Peja at the end of the season. Yesterday was a prime example of how the the Kings will play the rest of the season. They lost to the Mavs 122-113. Nowitzki dropped 34 and Daniels had 29 points to lead the Mavs to their 3rd victory against the Kings this year.

There were so many trades and the Mavs ended up picking up Van Horn for Booth and Henderson. Very good trade. But now this means Bradley is going to have to play more minutes than usual.

A trade that really surprised me was the Baron Davis deal. He was traded for two average players. Claxton & Davis. Claxton is young but Davis is going no where with his age. I think the Hornets could've gotten a much better deal for trading Davis.

C Web was the healthiest player on the Kings. The Kings do not have anything near a 'STACKED' bench. Not even close. Peja was out almost the entire season. With the trade of Chris they have a much greater chance to re-sign Peja at the end of the season. Yesterday was a prime example of how the the Kings will play the rest of the season. They lost to the Mavs 122-113. Nowitzki dropped 34 and Daniels had 29 points to lead the Mavs to their 3rd victory against the Kings this year.

There were so many trades and the Mavs ended up picking up Van Horn for Booth and Henderson. Very good trade. But now this means Bradley is going to have to play more minutes than usual.

A trade that really surprised me was the Baron Davis deal. He was traded for two average players. Claxton & Davis. Claxton is young but Davis is going no where with his age. I think the Hornets could've gotten a much better deal for trading Davis.

yeah but davis wasnt exactl doing the hornets any good but sitting on the bench. i agree with trading davis espacially with dn dickau imporving his game the way he has the hornets arent gonna do anything good the rest of the year so thats prob why they traded him

CJ San Andreas
C Web was the healthiest player on the Kings. The Kings do not have anything near a 'STACKED' bench. Not even close.  Peja was out almost the entire season. With the trade of Chris they have a much greater chance to re-sign Peja at the end of the season. Yesterday was a prime example of how the the Kings will play the rest of the season. They lost to the Mavs 122-113. Nowitzki dropped 34 and Daniels had 29 points to lead the Mavs to their 3rd victory against the Kings this year.

yeah but davis wasnt exactl doing the hornets any good but sitting on the bench. i agree with trading davis espacially with dn dickau imporving his game the way he has the hornets arent gonna do anything good the rest of the year so thats prob why they traded him

It doesn't matter. When you trade your best player for two crappy players, then there is something very wrong down in New Orleans. I thought they would atleast get a defensive presence or a 18 point per game scorer. But that didn't happen.

Phatgordo13

Kings dont have as strong of a bench as they have in the past few years but its a solid bench. You contradict yourself in your post saying that the Kings showed how they'll be playing for the rest of the year....losing to the Mavs for the 3rd Time. Theyve lost to em WITH C Webb....so whats your point? You make the Mavs sound like theyre a bad team or something....

No?