4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CJ San Andreas

..:: NBA ::..

Bartleby

Miami is now up 2-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals, they won tonight 113-104.

They finally started to use Shaq frequently, and he ended up raking in 24 points when it was all over. Dwyane Wade was the man of the night though, he almost dropped another 40 on the Pistons. Their performances, along with the Jones' 3-pointers they nailed whenever Detroit was getting close, helped elevate the Heat to a victory at the Palace.

Big Ben only scored 8 points tonight, and was the only starting Piston not in double figures. Perhaps Larry Brown can use him more next game and make sure they don't fall too far behind.

Nate Baker1
Miami is now up 2-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals, they won tonight 113-104.

They finally started to use Shaq frequently, and he ended up raking in 24 points when it was all over. Dwyane Wade was the man of the night though, he almost dropped another 40 on the Pistons. Their performances, along with the Jones' 3-pointers they nailed whenever Detroit was getting close, helped elevate the Heat to a victory at the Palace.

Big Ben only scored 8 points tonight, and was the only starting Piston not in double figures. Perhaps Larry Brown can use him more next game and make sure they don't fall too far behind.

Yeah Big Ben didnt seem to into the game.

And yeah Shaq hit a boatload of freethrows in the end.

Anyways Suns tomorrow, must win.

TheUtero
If the Heat go all the way, I'm gonna be f*ckin pissed because I hate that damn Dwayne Wade.

D Jones

Dwayne Wade is a excellent player, you must admit. You can't say he isn't especially with the aid of Shaq.

Burning-Ice

I hate the Pistons.. I hope Heat win the series. As for the Suns/Spurs match-up..If the Suns do somehow make an amazing comeback and win the last 4 games and make the finals..I want them to win the championship against the Heat..But if the Spurs win..I want the Heat win the championship. Any team except the Pistons is fine with me.

D Jones
I hate the Pistons.. I hope Heat win the series. As for the Suns/Spurs match-up..If the Suns do somehow make an amazing comeback and win the last 4 games and make the finals..I want them to win the championship against the Heat..But if the Spurs win..I want the Heat win the championship. Any team except the Pistons is fine with me.

Yeah, once a Alien walks into my house a probes my ass then I will believe the Suns can come back.

Only time I've ever seen a team down by 3 and came back and won 4 is the last years Redsox against the Yankee's. Wasn't that a classical moment? lol.gif

Nate Baker1

Yeah, once a Alien walks into my house a probes my ass then I will believe the Suns can come back.

Only time I've ever seen a team down by 3 and came back and won 4 is the last years Redsox against the Yankee's. Wasn't that a classical moment? lol.gif

Yeah I read in my paper it has never happened in the NBA, twice in the NHL, and the Red Sox.

It's obvious they probably wont make it, but hey at least not get swept. If thye were to get swept, they would be the most winningest team to have ever been swept.

Bartleby
Yeah I read in my paper it has never happened in the NBA, twice in the NHL, and the Red Sox.

It's obvious they probably wont make it, but hey at least not get swept. If thye were to get swept, they would be the most winningest team to have ever been swept.

Nash and Company are desperate to pull out a win tonight, hopefully they'll step it up. The Spurs are the first team they've faced in the Playoffs this year that have squashed them, mainly because they've exploited the Suns' weak point; their defense. Pheonix can put up the points, but they can't get the stops, and San Antonio is known for an all-around game. Unfortunately, I see them sweeping the Suns.

As for the East, it's still anybody's series. There's still one game to play at the Palace before heading back to Miami, so Detroit still has a chance to use their home team advantage against the Heat. This would mean double-teaming Shaq. Last game, what happened most of the time was one of the Wallace's guarded him alone, and if that continues, O'Neal will be all over the rim and put up 30 points or so like he did Sunday night. If the Pistons can fix their problems in the key, they just might tie the Conference Finals up at two.

Nate Baker1

Nash and Company are desperate to pull out a win tonight, hopefully they'll step it up. The Spurs are the first team they've faced in the Playoffs this year that have squashed them, mainly because they've exploited the Suns' weak point; their defense. Pheonix can put up the points, but they can't get the stops, and San Antonio is known for an all-around game. Unfortunately, I see them sweeping the Suns.

As for the East, it's still anybody's series. There's still one game to play at the Palace before heading back to Miami, so Detroit still has a chance to use their home team advantage against the Heat. This would mean double-teaming Shaq. Last game, what happened most of the time was one of the Wallace's guarded him alone, and if that continues, O'Neal will be all over the rim and put up 30 points or so like he did Sunday night. If the Pistons can fix their problems in the key, they just might tie the Conference Finals up at two.

Yeah and I think before next season we shoul get rid of voskuhl and shirley and get someone that can really produce, ok granted these guys havn't had much playing time but we need to utilize more people then the starting 5 and one or two bench guys.

Bartleby

Most of Phoenix's bench isn't playing right now, most of their power lies in the starting five. Maybe they can improve in that respect over the summer.

By the way, I noticed something strange earlier...me and Nate are a lot alike.

• We both haunt the NBA thread

• Both would like to see Phoenix in the Finals

• We're both Andolini Badfellas

• We have sigs themed after NBA teams

• Our sigs were made by the same person (props to yngve)

Creepy.

Half-hour to tip-off...how time flies.

EDIT: Something else creepy is that this isn't counting towards my Total Cumulative Posts...

Edited by Bartleby

GTA3Rockstar

Suns - Spurs tonight

Spurs 104 - Suns 98(guessing)

Spurs will win the sweep the series

Cuse510
Good 3rd quarter for the Suns. Wonder if they can hold it...

Burning-Ice

Damn, c'mon Suns...Damnit! Spurs just nailed a 3-Pointer...95-93 Suns with 6:41 left in the 4th Quarter...Curse you Ginobili! I have a strong feeling that Spurs are going to win..I hope I am wrong on this one.

Cuse510
Spurs made it interesting, but the Suns pulled it out. Great job by Amare at the end. Anyways, I predict the Suns will win Game 5 and then lose Game 6, but I want them to win the series

Nate Baker1

Most of Phoenix's bench isn't playing right now, most of their power lies in the starting five. Maybe they can improve in that respect over the summer.

By the way, I noticed something strange earlier...me and Nate are a lot alike.

• We both haunt the NBA thread

• Both would like to see Phoenix in the Finals

• We're both Andolini Badfellas

• We have sigs themed after NBA teams

• Our sigs were made by the same person (props to yngve)

Creepy.

Half-hour to tip-off...how time flies.

EDIT: Something else creepy is that this isn't counting towards my Total Cumulative Posts...

Yes that is very creepy. Never noticed.

EDIT: Hehe I have 84 more posts in here then you do.

Yes suns won by an amare block and hustle to keep the ball alive. Game 5 here we come!

Edited by Nate Baker1

Burning-Ice

Yes! Man, now let's see the Suns make an incredible comeback tounge.gif I agree with Cuse, I think the Suns will pull of a close win in Game 5 but get stomped in Game 6 in San Antonio.

Nate Baker1
Yes! Man, now let's see the Suns make an incredible comeback tounge.gif I agree with Cuse, I think the Suns will pull of a close win in Game 5 but get stomped in Game 6 in San Antonio.

Yeah that will probably be true but at least they lived to not be swept. I think I heard the announcers say the next game is Wednesday. I bet if we had more rest after the Dallas series we could have gotten a better series. We could have gotten rest and JJ back.

Cuse510
Suns are now out, which is too bad because I really started to like them during the playoffs. They are very exciting to watch. Anyways, now I have to pick San Antoinio to win over either East team, but I would like to see the Heat win it all.

Nate Baker1

FFUCCCCKKKKKK!

Damn they almost had that game. Meh then they would have to win the next two anyways. I wont watch the nba anymore now.

Burning-Ice

Na Na Na Na..Na Na Na..Hey Hey..Good Bye...Ah it was a good run, yet another team I like lose..this is not my year. I just hope the Heat can pass the Pistons, if they lose then I don't think i will even watch the Finals this year.

Nate Baker1
Na Na Na Na..Na Na Na..Hey Hey..Good Bye...Ah it was a good run, yet another team I like lose..this is not my year. I just hope the Heat can pass the Pistons, if they lose then I don't think i will even watch the Finals this year.

Lol your kinda like me, if my team isnt in the World Series, Finals, I dont watch them. Just no fun finding out that you cant win. Even though your not winning anyways, they are.

D Jones

Spurs vs. Heat in the finals.

But yes, Suns tried there hardest but couldn't beat the Spurs. Better luck next year, eh?

Nate Baker1

But yes, Suns tried there hardest but couldn't beat the Spurs. Better luck next year, eh?

Yeah my friend was tellnig me about some serbian point guard we got the rights to with the marbury trade. But what I think we need is a better center to come off the bench. I mean Hunter is solid but he falls down to easy and cant rebound.

D Jones

Yeah my friend was tellnig me about some serbian point guard we got the rights to with the marbury trade. But what I think we need is a better center to come off the bench. I mean Hunter is solid but he falls down to easy and cant rebound.

Can't catch either, he has the perfect passes from Nash but drops them.

I think they need to trade Joe Johnson/Jimmy Jackson or Quentin Richardson(Choker) for a better Center. I am sure they could find 2/3 a better place.

Forty

Miami won't be able to stop the Pistons. I believe Detroit will take it in 7 games, though it will be close. Shaq has been having a disappearing act these past couple of games, and Detroit has only to shut down Dwyane Wade and Miami is dead in the water. I know this is more difficult than it sounds, but he is the man to beat. They don't have an Amare Stoudamire that can take the reigns when the point guard is out. Shaq has done nothing in this series. Had had FIVE GOLDEN REBOUNDS in the last game while B Wallace had 15. The most dominant player in the NBA, in league history, had less rebounds than his own guards.

Detroit is the most disciplined team in the East. They have played this before, they know what they're doing, and they are infinitely patient. Miami is hot and they're riding high on a successful season, but they are inexperienced in super-clutch playoff situations. I have a lot of respect for them, but Detroit is the same team that won the ring last year, PLUS they've got McDyess. I don't see any way for Miami to overcome that and go on to the Finals.

As far as championships go, I think a Spurs/Pistons finals would be fantastic. They're the two most disciplined teams in the league defensively, and they both have deep rosters to rely on and take the pressure off of the starting five, unlike Phoenix and Miami. It's too close to call a Finals winner, but I would pick the Pistons as the favorite.

quackaddict

Pistons vs Spurs. Spurs take it all.

Nate Baker1

Can't catch either, he has the perfect passes from Nash but drops them.

I think they need to trade Joe Johnson/Jimmy Jackson or Quentin Richardson(Choker) for a better Center. I am sure they could find 2/3 a better place.

Nah man keep Joe Johnson, he is a great three point shooter and a perimeter defender. I say trade voskuhl, shirley, maybe outlaw for someone like alonzo mourning. So you can put the peopel like marion and stoudemire at the regular positions when a big guy would come in. All though it might not work, they could always switch back.

GTA3Rockstar
FFUCCCCKKKKKK!

Damn they almost had that game. Meh then they would have to win the next two anyways. I wont watch the nba anymore now.

Almost doesn't count buddy... Told you the Spurs would win the Series, all we have to see is the Heat get it in the Finals in a series of 5/6...

Forty
I don't see Miami taking down San Antonio. I think Detroit could, but not the Heat. They aren't as disciplined or seasoned as the Spurs. They've never been there, only Shaq. I don't even think Alonzo has been to the Finals has he?

Nate Baker1
I don't see Miami taking down San Antonio. I think Detroit could, but not the Heat. They aren't as disciplined or seasoned as the Spurs. They've never been there, only Shaq. I don't even think Alonzo has been to the Finals has he?

Nope I think just the conference playoffs.

Yeah I wont really root for any of the teams now. Just got boring not seeing your favorite team.

I guess ill go for detroit right now.