3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

PM Space Upgrades

DigitalD

I need more space so that all the PM's I kept from being on the global staff can remain for the record. There are too many to e-mail because each e-mail only handles twenty at a time and there are something like seven hundred messages!

If PM's don't take up an obscene amount of space, why not just let everyone have unlimited? That way forum leaders can store all the correspondants between them, members and other staff. It would act more consistantly with the chat logs people organise on thier local machines, too. smile.gif

(EDIT) I just checked: I have 835 messages stored.

Edited by Cerbera

If PM's don't take up an obscene amount of space, why not just let everyone have unlimited?

I'm reminded of the song "Everything is Never Quite Enough" for some odd reason confused.gif I hope Digi puts you back down to 50 just to teach you a lesson on gratitude.

@OP: You're not trying very hard! 1411 and that's not including the 2100 some odd I deleted a couple months ago tounge.gif

I need more space so that all the PM's I kept from being on the global staff can remain for the record. There are too many to e-mail because each e-mail only handles twenty at a time and there are something like seven hundred messages!

If PM's don't take up an obscene amount of space, why not just let everyone have unlimited? That way forum leaders can store all the correspondants between them, members and other staff. It would act more consistantly with the chat logs people organise on thier local machines, too. smile.gif

Archive them. videopoker_yawn.gif

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

I need more space so that all the PM's I kept from being on the global staff can remain for the record.  There are too many to e-mail because each e-mail only handles twenty at a time and there are something like seven hundred messages!

If PM's don't take up an obscene amount of space, why not just let everyone have unlimited?  That way forum leaders can store all the correspondants between them, members and other staff.  It would act more consistantly with the chat logs people organise on thier local machines, too. smile.gif

Archive them. videopoker_yawn.gif

I need more space so that all the PM's I kept from being on the global staff can remain for the record.  There are too many to e-mail because each e-mail only handles twenty at a time and there are something like seven hundred messages!

If PM's don't take up an obscene amount of space, why not just let everyone have unlimited?  That way forum leaders can store all the correspondants between them, members and other staff.  It would act more consistantly with the chat logs people organise on thier local machines, too. smile.gif

Archiving e-mails them to you There would be well over 2mb of data, so my hotmail account wouldn't be able to take them all. I don't type stuff without thinking about it, unlike you obviously do. wink.gif

Demarest, I don't understand what you mean. Should I be grateful for having my messanger disabled because I keep a record of my staff activity on the forum? I don't understand how anyone benefits from that?

Demarest, I don't understand what you mean. Should I be grateful for having my messanger disabled because I keep a record of my staff activity on the forum? I don't understand how anyone benefits from that?

You had 50. How you used it is your own business. You just received 5x that and what you're saying is "why not make it unlimited". I just thought that was bad form and poorly timed.

There would be well over 2mb of data, so my hotmail account wouldn't be able to take them all.

Poor exuse. Need gmail? Get in touch with me. Hotmail is doing upgrades for their users as well, fyi.

This is awesome, but I only have about 20-25 messages... Good work

ppNaW16.png

Demarest, I don't understand what you mean.  Should I be grateful for having my messanger disabled because I keep a record of my staff activity on the forum?  I don't understand how anyone benefits from that?
You had 50. How you used it is your own business. You just received 5x that and what you're saying is "why not make it unlimited". I just thought that was bad form and poorly timed.I had unlimited. Now I have 250. I have 835 messages to store and keep organised and that will only grow as people need to contact me about TCB closing, Curveshire approaching release, progress I'm making on MultiSlayer 4 etc etc.

My host and I are very rarely online at the same time and so PM is the only method we have to communicate. By effectivly disabling my messanger, this new limit means that he cannot contact me about the domain name change and the server move he started a few days ago so I have no idea what the progress is and whether it requires me to give more information.

The new limit has just now prevented me from contacting a member who reported a post in the General Writer's section. That's why I need a greater messanger limit. It's not that I want it out of greed or for the hell of it, I need it to operate within the GTA community.

The easiest solution is to allow everyone unlimited messages and then if it starts to become a problem introduce the limit again. I doubt that it will though, because people can only use the forum for a finite time and so can't post more data overall than they do already. We already allow everyone to accumulate unlimited posts, so accumulating unlimited PM's would be nothing radical. smile.gif

Edited by Cerbera

I agree that The Fun World limit should be unlimited and the rest the standard new high limit. Why cap the limits of the higher groups?

Cerb needs that limit as PM is about the only method of communication he has around his online time.

Give me the go-ahead and I can take off the Fun World limit, i just think that's unfair to cap peoples limits. Especially that much!

ocuksig.jpg

I dont want to start argueing with you Cerbera but... I dont see why you should have more message space than anyone else on the board or that group should have alot more room than everyone else. Fair enough if you get alot of PM's but you could store some on your computer instead of having them stored here couldnt you or use the Gmail invite that Digi offered to you that would be helpful. I know you said as a whole we should have unlimited but seems a little pointless because it iwll take up space although it may be small amounts it all adds up.

I agree with Digi its seems to be a poor excuse maybe im just missing the point completely? But I dont see why you should have more than anyone else.

I had unlimited. Now I have 250.

You should have said that to start, jeez tounge.gif

I didn't realise I switched unlimited to 250, so there's your fun world modders unlimited back.

I had unlimited.  Now I have 250.

You should have said that to start, jeez tounge.gif

Exactly what I was going to say. And it probably should've been in private to prevent that inevitable one person who comes along whining that it's not fair that some people do and some don't.

@Cerb: You made it look like YOU were that person lol.gif