3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Aussie Sports

Aussie Sports Topic

Mafia Drive Gunner
I really hope the Roosters beat the Bulldogs next week because I'd hate to see the Doggies win the comp.

Agreed. I reckon that if the Bulldogs weren't high-profile footy players, half the team would be in jail for rape.

No they wouldn't, their wasn't enough physical evidence to prove the case right.

Heh, I spose you're right, I was just very p*ssed because they beat the Panthers. tounge.gif

I'm glad you like my reviews. smile.gif And I think having a stat collector is a good idea, but it would take a lot of work.

Yeah, well, even if they didn't get away with it, it would stay on their crime reports, and when they retired they would serve time anyway.

No, it wouldn't really be hard to collect stats, just log onto Baggygreen, get the stats, put them in a table, and their you have it, TADA!!!

Luke Ricketson could be out of the Grand Final if he is guilty for his strike on Nathan Fien, and their is no chance of it being downgraded, he took thigs into his own hands, and he clearly meant it. His replacement if he does get suspended, Chris Flannery,may not be able to play, after he got a testicle tear, and he is in hospital, yuck, and ouch. -MDG

Storm.

Am I just blind or has MDG forgotten to post fuzzy's NRL reviews? dontgetit.gif

Luke Ricketson definitely got in a good hit. What happened to the Cowboy who hit Michael Crocker nowhere near the action? Did he get off because the cameras didn't see it?

Mafia Drive Gunner
Am I just blind or has MDG forgotten to post fuzzy's NRL reviews? dontgetit.gif

Luke Ricketson definitely got in a good hit. What happened to the Cowboy who hit Michael Crocker nowhere near the action? Did he get off because the cameras didn't see it?

He most likely did, because it was nowhere near the ball, the touchies and all that wouldn't have been paying attention.

You are blind, they are under Judiciary. -MDG

Storm.

*cough* they are there now *cough*

It doesn't seem fair that he won't get punished, speaking from a Storm supporter point of view.

Mafia Drive Gunner
*cough* they are there now *cough*

It doesn't seem fair that he won't get punished, speaking from a Storm supporter point of view.

Yeah, I thought you might bring that up, but it was a bit more noticable in Williams' case, because he was a lot closer to the play-the-ball and it was a time where it was stopped for the play-the-ball.

This may be different, and he didn't just whack him in the Cowboys game.

Sorry, I thought the reviews were up. Now they are. -MDG

Justin
Chris Flannery,may not be able to play, after he got a testicle tear, and he is in hospital, yuck, and ouch.

Jesus Christ, that must have hurt like hell. confused.gif If it's torn, I wonder if he's like sterile or something. That would really suck.

Mafia Drive Gunner
Chris Flannery,may not be able to play, after he got a testicle tear, and he is in hospital, yuck, and ouch.

Jesus Christ, that must have hurt like hell. confused.gif If it's torn, I wonder if he's like sterile or something. That would really suck.

Nah, I don't think it is that bad, or he wouldn't have a chance to play next week. -MDG

Storm.
Luke Ricketson has decided to plead guilty and is going to attempt to have his charge downgraded so that he can still play on Sunday. Good luck to him, the Roosters will need all their good players on board to beat those sneaky Bulldogs.

Mafia Drive Gunner
Luke Ricketson has decided to plead guilty and is going to attempt to have his charge downgraded so that he can still play on Sunday. Good luck to him, the Roosters will need all their good players on board to beat those sneaky Bulldogs.

Yeah, I read about it in the paper yesterday.

One thing that amazes me about some of the bulldogs is their amazing strength, especially the little guys, e.g. Matt Utai. He is small, but the width across his chest would be about 3 metres, it's incredible. He is so built that he sh*ts all over any teams wingers. He just bowls them over.

I would like to say Ricko will play, because one of my mates couldn't play in our Grand Final because of injury a few weeks ago, I sat next to him when I was on the bench. It was hard for him, so I know how hard it will be for Ricko. I don't think he will be playing though, he took the law into his own hands, and he was way out of the equation until he just wrapped his arm around his face. -MDG

Storm.

I just read today that Penrith's Paul Whatuira had his premiership ring stolen on Saturday night while he was playing. It always makes me angry when people steal sports people's medals, jerseys etc. I hope the thieves have the decency to return the ring.

I know what you mean about Matt Utai. He is small but nuggety and opposition teams struggle to stop him from scoring once he gets within that striking zone.

Mafia Drive Gunner
I just read today that Penrith's Paul Whatuira had his premiership ring stolen on Saturday night while he was playing. It always makes me angry when people steal sports people's medals, jerseys etc. I hope the thieves have the decency to return the ring.

I know what you mean about Matt Utai. He is small but nuggety and opposition teams struggle to stop him from scoring once he gets within that striking zone.

What dickheads would steal his GF ring. How stupid are they, he worked hard for that, and they don't deserve it. If they did, they would have been elite footballers. They are so stupid. I too hope they are decent enough to return it. The NRL will probably give him a new one anyways. But I don't think he will be quite as proud of it as the original.

That's the word I was looking for with Matt Utai, nuggety. But sh*t he can run. -MDG

Storm.
Ricko failed to have his charge downgraded so will miss the grand final and Chris Flannery is struggling after having surgery on his torn testicle. Channel 9 have actually allocated half an hour to the pre-game entertainment because so many people were upset about not seeing last year's music acts. It's about time if you ask me.

Mafia Drive Gunner
Ricko failed to have his charge downgraded so will miss the grand final and Chris Flannery is struggling after having surgery on his torn testicle. Channel 9 have actually allocated half an hour to the pre-game entertainment because so many people were upset about not seeing last year's music acts. It's about time if you ask me.

Yeah, but like they do with the AFL Grand Final, they should have it as a seperate program on the TV Guide, so you can dcide whether you want to watch it or want to be able to sit down, turn on the TV and watch the game.

Bad luck for Ricko, I wonder who the replacement will be if Flannery can't make it. -MDG

Jay

Well I expect the prick Jonathan Brown to fry. 7 charges been layed on him after the Grand Final. I hope he gets the book thrown at him, I sincerely and wholeheartedly dislike him.

Storm.

Steve Price ruled himself out of Sunday's match last night so he'll be a spectator and Roosters chairman Nick Politis has been fined $20 000 by the NRL for comments he made about the judiciary.

In cricket news, Ricky Ponting has been ruled out of the first 2 tests against India so Michael Clarke could be a chance to make his test debut.

Mafia Drive Gunner
Steve Price ruled himself out of Sunday's match last night so he'll be a spectator and Roosters chairman Nick Politis has been fined $20 000 by the NRL for comments he made about the judiciary.

In cricket news, Ricky Ponting has been ruled out of the first 2 tests against India so Michael Clarke could be a chance to make his test debut.

Sad that Pricey has to miss out.

It's good that clarkey is getting a go, he deserves it, he has plenty of potential. -MDG

Storm.

I agree with you, Clarke is a good player and deserves a spot in the team.

Andrew Ryan is tipped to be named as the Bulldogs skipper for tomorrow's match, becoming the first man in almost 70 years to make his captaincy debut in a grand final. For some reason I thought he'd already been captain once before.

Mafia Drive Gunner
I agree with you, Clarke is a good player and deserves a spot in the team.

Andrew Ryan is tipped to be named as the Bulldogs skipper for tomorrow's match, becoming the first man in almost 70 years to make his captaincy debut in a grand final. For some reason I thought he'd already been captain once before.

He backed up as captain when Pricey got injured, and he has always been Vice Captain, so whenever Pricey was off the field, he was the captain.

I have to go the Dogs, they have done awesome in the last few years to recover from a horrible period off the field, where nothing went their way, except on the field.

Who will be the Captain for Australia in the 1st Test. My bet is Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne, Matt Hayden or Adam Gilchrist. -MDG

Storm.

I am tipping the Roosters simply because I hate the Bulldogs so much.

I think Adam Gilchrist will be the captain for the first 2 Tests while Ponting is out injured.

Mafia Drive Gunner
I am tipping the Roosters simply because I hate the Bulldogs so much.

I think Adam Gilchrist will be the captain for the first 2 Tests while Ponting is out injured.

I don't know why they are so hated now. All the bad things that have happened to them in the last few years have either not happened, or haven't been the players fault.

The salary cap thing was a thing out of their hands, which was bad, because that was their premiership to win. The rape thing, it never happened, because there wasn't enough physical evidence. The chick could've done it herself, if you know what I mean. wink.gif.

Anyways, may as well start setting up the cricket component of our topic. -MDG

Justin
Well for today's grand final, I am tipping the Bulldogs, just because it seems that when they play their best, they are miles better than any other team in the comp. But I don't really care who wins, as long as it's a great game of footy. smile.gif

Storm.
Well today is the big day, I'm looking forward to a great match. Maybe we'll even see a bit of the biff to make old Reg happy.

Justin
Wow, the Under 20's grand final match between the Sharks and the Roosters was a great one. It went to extra time, with the Roosters kicking a field goal. Both teams had their chances though, what a great game. smile.gif I hope the first grade match is as good as that one.

Storm.
The bloody Bulldogs won 16-13 and I'm not happy. Roosters kept dropping the footy whenever they got close to scoring a try. What's the point in making the grand final every year if you can't win it?

Justin

Bulldogs...Bulldogs...Bulldogs...Bulldogs...Bulldogs...Bulldogs...Bulldogs...Bulldogs...

Damn I am happy that the Doggies won. I don't like Justin Hodges or Chris Walker, so I had to tip and support the Bulldogs. Great game though. It's a bit sad for Freddy Fittler though, his last game ever was a lost grand final. confused.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner

Geez, that was the most incredible game of Rugby League I have ever seen, and it even came down to a last ditch tackle by the captain, to win them the game, truly breathtaking stuff.

@ Fuzzy: Boo hoo, Freddy didn't get a fairytale finish, I bet he will play again next year, so he can try to win again, and if he doesn't, he will definitely retire then. -MDG

Justin
@ Fuzzy: Boo hoo, Freddy didn't get a fairytale finish, I bet he will play again next year, so he can try to win again, and if he doesn't, he will definitely retire then.

Yeah probably. biggrin.gif

The review will come in later today, if thats OK.

And you might want to change my name on the roster, it's changed now. smile.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner
@ Fuzzy: Boo hoo, Freddy didn't get a fairytale finish, I bet he will play again next year, so he can try to win again, and if he doesn't, he will definitely retire then.

Yeah probably. biggrin.gif

The review will come in later today, if thats OK.

And you might want to change my name on the roster, it's changed now. smile.gif

Ok, I'll do it after this post.

The review thing is fine. -MDG

menace2sobriety

Cricket pwns, and is easily one of my favorite sports(which is alot but hey)

Anyway, with the lack of highlights and games even shown here, im still only understanding about 1/4 of the game, its a tough one to follow up here but im trying.

Justin
Well MDG, the review is in. My reviews have been pretty lengthy as their have only been 3 games I've had to review. But next season, I have to say they will be a lot shorter, as I will obviously be reviewing 7 games a week. wow.gif