3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Aussie Sports

Aussie Sports Topic

Mafia Drive Gunner

Yeah, I just saw it then and posted in it. Thanks Storm for making sure he put that on. -MDG

Storm.

No worries, I think we need the publicity.

Well the Cowboys v Broncos match has been sold out already but I'm still not happy that the Storm don't get the same advantage in their match against the Bulldogs. *mumble, grumble*

Mafia Drive Gunner
No worries, I think we need the publicity.

Well the Cowboys v Broncos match has been sold out already but I'm still not happy that the Storm don't get the same advantage in their match against the Bulldogs. *mumble, grumble*

Well, the problem is, I am sure they would have done it if there wasn't 2 AFL Finals down there, ecause otherwise they won't get the money.

But then, if they play in Townsville, it will be an advantage for Country Rugby League, and will help promote it more in rural queensland. -MDG

Justin
Well, in the NRL this weekend, it's the Cowboys versus the Broncos, and the Storm versus the Bulldogs. My pics are the Cowboys and the Storm. Damn I hope the Broncos lose. biggrin.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner
Well, in the NRL this weekend, it's the Cowboys versus the Broncos, and the Storm versus the Bulldogs. My pics are the Cowboys and the Storm. Damn I hope the Broncos lose. biggrin.gif

Well, I wouldnt be surprised if the Cowboys or Storm lapse under the pressure, but then again, that is exactly what happened to the Broncos and the Buldogs last week. I am going the Cowboys and the Dogs, but I may change my mind before Friday. -MDG

Justin
Wow, you picked the Cowboys too? Is that more because you hate the Broncos like me? tounge.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner
Wow, you picked the Cowboys too? Is that more because you hate the Broncos like me? tounge.gif

I've never been a real fan of their playing style, but I would back them but I really want the Cowboys to win. -MDG

Jay
Heh, i got my NGFN in the Yellow Pages several times without lifting a finger. Narfnarfnarf/.

Mafia Drive Gunner
Heh, i got my NGFN in the Yellow Pages several times without lifting a finger. Narfnarfnarf/.

I don't understand posts like that, so I am just going to ignore it. Ignore what? I don't even remember what I am ignoring, ok, now I am talking to myself.

Anyways, Brett Finch got away with a no match penalty. Pricey hasn't been judged yet.

I just found out that Brett Finch was born like half an hour away from my town. -MDG

Jay

NGFN = Newbs Guide for Newbs, silleh.

Port Play in two days. Cant hardly wait.

Storm.

I don't understand posts like that, so I am just going to ignore it. Ignore what? I don't even remember what I am ignoring, ok, now I am talking to myself. -MDG

I know what you mean when you say you want to ignore Jay's posts but I've gotten so used to them now that I understand most of what he says and his posts never take long to read. tounge.gif

Did anyone watch the NRL Footy Show last night? No Talent Time lived up to its name.

Mafia Drive Gunner

I don't understand posts like that, so I am just going to ignore it. Ignore what? I don't even remember what I am ignoring, ok, now I am talking to myself. -MDG

I know what you mean when you say you want to ignore Jay's posts but I've gotten so used to them now that I understand most of what he says and his posts never take long to read. tounge.gif

Did anyone watch the NRL Footy Show last night? No Talent Time lived up to its name.

Yeah, the footy show is teh sh*t.

I always watch it. I love how stupid the boys are sometimes. Beat the boys was croc catching, Daredevil Dudes was bullriding, and that was probably the best one they have ever done. Besides the chillis lol. -MDG

Jay
Ports are in the Final, baby. I couldnt go to the game because I was getting smashed, but I saw it on the bigscreen. Damn right.

Storm.
Ports are in the Final, baby. I couldnt go to the game because I was getting smashed, but I saw it on the bigscreen. Damn right.

Let me guess, it took about 2 drinks to get you smashed? So Port have finally lived up to all their hype and potential. I think they'll get beaten by the Lions anyway.

I hope the Cowboys beat the Broncos tonight and of course the Storm to take care of the Bulldogs tomorrow afternoon.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Let me guess, it took about 2 drinks to get you smashed? So Port have finally lived up to all their hype and potential. I think they'll get beaten by the Lions anyway.

I hope the Cowboys beat the Broncos tonight and of course the Storm to take care of the Bulldogs tomorrow afternoon.

Yesiree. I tipped the Cowboys and Storm.

I'm getting pumped now because we have a Grand Final tommorow, I'm going to be heaps nervous though I reckon.

-MDG

Jay
Hey just because I cant hold my booze doesnt mean I get smashed easily. It took at least 3 drinks. tounge.gif

Justin

Cowboys won!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

10-0 biggrin.gif Can't wait til next week against the Roosters, playing for a grand final berth.

Edited by fuzzy_juzzy89

Storm.

That was a great match to watch and nice to see the Broncos lose. Now all that needs to happen is for the Bulldogs to get smashed by the Storm.

Good luck with the grand final, MDG.

Justin
Damn, Melbourne lost. I hope Penrith and the Cowboys win this weekend. I don't care who wins if it's one of those two. Just as long as it's not the Roosters or the Bulldogs. biggrin.gif

MindCorrupt

Bahaha, got my Demons signed jumper today! ph34r.gif

going up in my room biggrin.gif

Storm.
I am pretty upset at the moment because the Storm lost to the bloody Bulldogs. What a terrible match. I hope the Panthers beat them next week and I think the Cowboy's dream run will come to an end against the Roosters unfortunately.

Mafia Drive Gunner
I am pretty upset at the moment because the Storm lost to the bloody Bulldogs. What a terrible match. I hope the Panthers beat them next week and I think the Cowboy's dream run will come to an end against the Roosters unfortunately.

I have a feeling the Cowboys will get beat, and I really hoped the Storm would've won.

Well, I am going to go with the Cowboys, because I want them to win, and I have to show them the due respect, I mean, 3 years ago, they were wooden spoon contenders.

I will go a Cowboys Panthers Grand Final, with Cowboys winning. -MDG

Justin
I have a feeling the Cowboys will get beat, and I really hoped the Storm would've won.

Well, I am going to go with the Cowboys, because I want them to win, and I have to show them the due respect, I mean, 3 years ago, they were wooden spoon contenders.

I will go a Cowboys Panthers Grand Final, with Cowboys winning.

My thoughts exactly, but I'm going for the Panthers to win against the Cowboys in the grand final. I hope I'm right, but I doubt it.

Mafia Drive Gunner

I will go a Cowboys Panthers Grand Final, with Cowboys winning.

My thoughts exactly, but I'm going for the Panthers to win against the Cowboys in the grand final. I hope I'm right, but I doubt it.

Yeah, I just love this time of year. Finals footy in both codes, cricket coming up, NFL(Which I follow) has just started, and I'm playing representative cricker for my town, club, and I am playing seniors cricket as well. Which means, on some weekends, I will play a game on Saturday morning, saturday arvo, and again for the whole next day.

Edit: What do you guys think of the idea making this a cricket topic as well, I came up with the idea today/ -MDG

Justin
What do you guys think of the idea making this a cricket topic as well, I came up with the idea today

I don't think that was addressed to me, but yeah, I support cricket, so I'll be posting about that too. smile.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner
What do you guys think of the idea making this a cricket topic as well, I came up with the idea today

I don't think that was addressed to me, but yeah, I support cricket, so I'll be posting about that too. smile.gif

Well, I did say you guys.

Anyways, I will see what some of the others have to say. Fuzzy, you seem to like this topic, would you like to be an NRL game reviewer? -MDG

Justin
Fuzzy, you seem to like this topic, would you like to be an NRL game reviewer?

I'll see what I can do. Obviously it'll be easy, coz theres only 3 games left in the season, but OK. smile.gif Where do I post them, and what stuff do I need to know?

Storm.

I think it's a good idea to include cricket in this topic because I'm a fan as well and I know Jay follows cricket. It will keep the topic going when the NRL and AFL seasons are over.

How did you go in your rugby grand final, MDG?

Mafia Drive Gunner
I think it's a good idea to include cricket in this topic because I'm a fan as well and I know Jay follows cricket. It will keep the topic going when the NRL and AFL seasons are over.

How did you go in your rugby grand final, MDG?

Mate, we have played three grand finals in four years, and that was the third, and to put it one way, we will need to make it four out of fve years to win a grand final. We still haven't won one, and that is the second time we have lost to that team in a Grand Final by 3 points.

@ Fuzzy: Well, you just PM the reviews to me, and then I post them in the topic.

Ok, sounds like cricket is a goer, sounds like we need a topic name change. I think we should make it Aussie Sports Topic, and then we should have in the title, AFL NRL, Rugby and Cricket.

I will wait and see what you guys have to say about the name beforeI change anything. -MDG

Justin

@ Fuzzy: Well, you just PM the reviews to me, and then I post them in the topic.

OK, I will do it then. Is it all right if I PM them on Sunday arvos? Because I'm away most weekends. bored.gif