3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Aussie Sports

Aussie Sports Topic

Mafia Drive Gunner

Well, not much big stuff hapening in the NRL at the moment.

Adam Dykes is back with the Sharks next year after he signed a three year contract last night.

Some Bulldogs fans have been banned, Daniel Abraham may return from his broken leg this week, after being out since May.

Luke Davico is out for the rest of the year with a pectoral tear, ending his time at Canberrra before he goes to Wigan in England.

Adrian Morley has denied claims that he was moving to English club Warrignton for AUSD$1.29 Million, and it was also denied by Warrington management. Adrian Morley didn't even know it even existed until it showed up in the English Rugby League magazine, Rugby League News.

Ok, that's about it. -MDG

Justin

Noooooooooooooo...

I tipped the Panthers to defeat the Roosters in tonights NRL Grand Final replay, but I guess the Friday the 13th curse is upon me! angry.gif

44-0 to the Roosters after 50 minutes suicidal.gif

Storm.

Good thing I tipped the Roosters, they won 44-12. Looks like Black Friday turned out alright for me.

Edit: Seeing as MDG is away this week, I will post the scores here for anyone that cares.

NRL

Roosters 44-12 Panthers

Sharks 22-44 Eels

Dragons 28-10 Warriors

Cowboys 36-22 Souths

Raiders 18-36 Storm

Eagles 48-10 Knights

Broncos 18-46 Bulldogs

AFL

Bombers 18.13 121 Defeated: Magpies 13.9 87

Cats 9.2 75 Defeated: Dockers 3.7 25

Hawks 6.7 43 Lost To: Lions 8.18 66

Bulldogs 9.7 61 Lost To: Power 23.9 147

Demons 7.4 46 Lost To: Swans 10.7 76

Crows 21.12 138 Defeated: Tigers 13.8 86

Kangaroos 15.6 96 Lost To: Saints 23.9 147

Eagles 15.21 111 Defeated: Blues 6.13 49

Rugby Union

Sth Africa 40-26 NZ

Edited by Storm99

Justin

The Knights got smashed. angry.gif

My favourite team has just about no chance of making the top 8 now. suicidal.gif

I had a horrid time in tipping this week sad.gif

I picked:

Panthers (coz they smashed Manly, and the Roosters got beaten by the Sharks in the previous week)

Sharks (coz they managed to beat the Roosters last week)

Warriors (coz the Dragons have on and off weeks, winning once, losing next)

Knights (my fav team, I'm loyal, so I simply can't tip against them. Plus, Manly suck, which makes me think the Knights aren't that great either wow.gif )

And got them ALL wrong. notify.gif 3/7 for the week.

Edited by fuzzy_juzzy89

Storm.
Heh, I got 5/7 tips for the round. Storm have a really tough match this week against the Bulldogs who have been in top form. I am staying loyal and will tip the Storm to win at home.

Jay
Pfft. I dont do footy tipping this year. It takes the fun out of the games. I normally dont care about the Victorian games, but with tipping, you have to.

Storm.
Pfft. I dont do footy tipping this year. It takes the fun out of the games. I normally dont care about the Victorian games, but with tipping, you have to.

You just know that you're a bad tipster. tounge.gif

I hope that Barry Hall doesn't get suspended this week. He is definitely targeted by the officials just like Adrian Morley is in the NRL.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Well, not many upseats this week, but I didn't think storm would beat the bulldogs. I will update this tommorow as I am as tired as sh*t.

I think the knights would have come through had Clint Newton only been granted 10 minutes for his shocking elbow to Ash Simms face on Friday. I think they may be able to pull through next week. -MDG

Storm.
Welcome back, MDG. Storm had a great win over the Bulldogs, giving me my first perfect round for the year. smile.gif

Justin

OMG, I can't belive Clint Newton elbowed Ashton Simms. It was disgraceful. Brings shame to me as a Knights supporter. Apparantly he was trying to 'shoulder charge', but he absolutley belted the Dragons dude. He'll get at least 8 weeks suspension for that. Damn Newcastle are going sh*t this year. suicidal.gif

EDIT - Sports Tonight on channel Ten just said Clint Newton might get up to 20 weeks suspension, but I don't think it will be that much, especially considering Danny Williams only got 18 weeks for a king hit.

Edited by fuzzy_juzzy89

Mr Leone

Footy reviews are in guys and sorry about last week reviews, I was abit tied up with things and didn't end up getting around to it.

"Woo Hoo!" for both Adelaide teams wink.gif

Jay
Hehe... collingwood lost. That is all I care about. I loathe Collingwood with a passion.

Storm.
Hehe... collingwood lost. That is all I care about. I loathe Collingwood with a passion.

Don't we all. Only two more rounds of the NRL to go and then it's finals time. Storm are guaranteed a finals spot and if results go their way could even finish in the top 4.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Hey dudes.

Hmmm... I will start updating the topic again this week. Broncos just fought out a 34 all draw with the Rabbits....interesting. -MDG

Storm.
That result just ruined my chances of 2 perfect rounds in a row. However, the Storm had a 36-28 win over the Sharks which is great to see. Sydney had a big win over Richmond as well.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Ok, everything updated except for some scores and the reviews.

All NRL scores done now, and the top eight for the NRL. Still waiting on the AFL scores so I can do the table. -MDG

Edited by Mafia Drive Gunner

Mr Leone

Ma footy reviews will be in by tomorrow MDG and just let you know the Showdown between Adelaide vS. Port Adelaide, the Power won (85) over (60)

MindCorrupt

bah, went to the west coast vs melbourne game. Damn eagles lol.

By the looks of it the D's wont even get past the first round of the finals. sad.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner

It all updated, except for the reviews. -MDG

Storm.
So just one more round of NRL before the finals start. Some teams still have a chance of getting 8th spot so it will be interesting to see who wants it the most. Edited by Storm99

Jay
Port became minor premiers. For the third time. Mabye they can do better in the finals.

Mafia Drive Gunner

What's that, third time in a row, or third time?

I don't reckon brissy can do the big 4 this time, freaks, they are just too good until this year.

@Storm: Yes, people say that at a certain stage, when you get out the calculator and try to figure out if a team will make it, say they can't. But they can, because if all the top eight teams lose, even though it isn't very likely, but don't say it can't happen, they are still in with a chance. -MDG

Mr Leone

EDIT-

'I f*cked up'

everything seems to be in order here..... proceed

Edited by Mr Leone

Mafia Drive Gunner
I've done sumthing a bit diffrent this week instead of doin the reviews I have done the standings for the preliminary, hope you guys don't mind but last weeks round was sooo 'last week' and don't worry the reviews for the preliminary will be in next week

Erm..dude, please reply to my PM, and they aren't standings, they are fixtures, and the top 8 are there, and so are the fixtures. -MDG

Justin

I've been p*ssed off for a while now. I realised the Knights cannot make the finals. It's just not possible. Why the hell do we suck without Johns??? Man this p*sses me off. mad.gifturn.gif

-fuzzy_juzzy89

Mafia Drive Gunner
I've been p*ssed off for a while now. I realised the Knights cannot make the finals. It's just not possible. Why the hell do we suck without Johns??? Man this p*sses me off. mad.gifturn.gif

-fuzzy_juzzy89

Ah, another Knights fan, like me.

I live about an hour from Newy, where do you live?

Anyways, Johnsy is the backbone, but the morale drop is just stupid. I think it is because a lot of people write them off. People say they will go sh*t, and then they hear it, and reflect it.

My rugby team loses a few good players every few weeks, but we still go together, we have only lost one game all season, because we still believe in ourselves. -MDG

Justin

I live right in the centre of Newcastle. I have supported the Knights since I was born. biggrin.gif I'm starting to wonder what Newcastle are going to do when Johns retires. That is really gunna screw the team over. Maybe we could buy another decent half-back.

-fuzzy_juzzy89

Mafia Drive Gunner
I live right in the centre of Newcastle. I have supported the Knights since I was born. biggrin.gif I'm starting to wonder what Newcastle are going to do when Johns retires. That is really gunna screw the team over. Maybe we could buy another decent half-back.

-fuzzy_juzzy89

Yeh, sometimes I think the same thing, it will have to be in the next three years I reckon. Maybe Orford(Storm, stay out of this) or Berrigan.

I got Mr Leone's reviews, thanks mate. -MDG

Storm.
I live right in the centre of Newcastle. I have supported the Knights since I was born.  biggrin.gif I'm starting to wonder what Newcastle are going to do when Johns retires. That is really gunna screw the team over. Maybe we could buy another decent half-back.

-fuzzy_juzzy89

Yeh, sometimes I think the same thing, it will have to be in the next three years I reckon. Maybe Orford(Storm, stay out of this) or Berrigan.

I got Mr Leone's reviews, thanks mate. -MDG

mad.gif You've already taken Kirk Reynoldson from us and now you want our halfback as well. I don't think so. I just worked out that if the Panthers lose to the Broncos and Storm beat Manly by more than 40 points then Storm will finish 4th and host a finals match.

Justin
I just worked out that if the Panthers lose to the Broncos and Storm beat Manly by more than 40 points then Storm will finish 4th and host a finals match.

What does it matter? We Knights fans have to wait another year just to see if our team can even make the 8! mad.gif -fuzzy_juzzy89