3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Aussie Sports

Aussie Sports Topic

Storm.

Yes Jay, just visit this topic and don't buy the paper. You might save a bit of money.

Australia doesn't have a good record against South Africa in Perth. I don't know why they play over there, it just makes things easier for the opposition.

I saw Trent Barrett talking about the accident on the news last night. He was saying there was a lot of traffic blah blah. That is no excuse, I drive in lots of traffic without having a car accident. dozingoff.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner

Hmmm. Looking at the live scores on NRL.com.

Cowboys are beating the Dragons 32-10, and I am not sure how far into the game we are, but they just keep on running in tries, when I started to post it was 24-10.

Bulldogs won, as I tipped, and Tigers are looking to win as at the moment they are winning 18-2 over the Eels.

Broncos won in extra time 12-16 over the Sharks.

Edited by MaFiA DrIvE gUnNeR

Mafia Drive Gunner

Eep. Sorry fellas, double post, got carried away in the back and forward buttons.

Edit: Topic updated completely up to date to the minute, including the Oz vs South Africa game.

Storm.

Geez I'm having a shocker with my tips. I went for Dragons and Eels so I have 2/4 so far. I really hope the Storm upset Roosters tomorrow afternoon.

Nice to see the Aussies beat South Africa over in Perth for a change and get the bonus point.

cice
w00t, any of you guys watch the Essendon vs Port Adelaide game. We killed them, biggrin.gif And next weekend I'm going over to melbourne to see Essendon vs Carlton at the MCG.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Interesting, Sydney beat Brissy.

I think in League the Rabbits will finish strongly like Bryan Fletcher said, and then go one better next year, making the eight.

Chinese_Polarbear
Nice to see the Aussies beat South Africa over in Perth for a change and get the bonus point.

Wallabies won, but didn't deserve it.

Their gameplay was appalling. There were a coupla times when the ball went right through the Aussie defence, and that's where they screwed up.

But on a lighter note, we won.

smile.gif

Storm.

Not happy, Jan! Storm lost to Roosters and Manly beat Raiders meaning I only got 3 correct tips for the round. At least Knights had a win over the Rabbitohs, putting the poor Bunnies back into last place.

Now the Aussies have a chance of winning the Tri Nations cup but it is doubtful that we will beat New Zealand. I think the All Blacks are playing better footy at the moment.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Not happy, Jan! Storm lost to Roosters and Manly beat Raiders meaning I only got 3 correct tips for the round. At least Knights had a win over the Rabbitohs, putting the poor Bunnies back into last place.

Now the Aussies have a chance of winning the Tri Nations cup but it is doubtful that we will beat New Zealand. I think the All Blacks are playing better footy at the moment.

I got 5 this week, lately it has been that way, upsets everywhere. Topic updated. Topic Updated again.

The big Danny Williams case is meant to be decided in the next few days. T'will be a big decision.

Mr Leone

AFL reviews are in, hope you all enjoy Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Storm.

Nice work again, Mr Leone.

I expect that Danny Williams will get suspended for at least 15 weeks.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Yeah, nice work Leone mate.

Danny Williams will be atleast out until half way through next year, I reckon. Second by second we are getting closer to Williams case, which is being decided tonight. Well, looks like I was right, 18 weeks. Biggest suspension in 17 years.

Storm.

The prosecution recommended 16 weeks but the judiciary decided to go for 18 instead. The defence were certainly optimistic - trying to only get a 6 week ban.

Another AFL coach bites the dust. Western Bulldogs sacked their coach yesterday. As they say, it's a lot cheaper to sack a coach than to find a whole new group of players.

Mafia Drive Gunner

I wuldn't be surprised if Williams retires now, because by the time he hits the paddock again, he will be 32-33. -MDG

Justin
Danny Williams deserves the 18 weeks suspension. Did you see it in slow motion? He absolutely belted the West Tigers guy. BTW, anyone know what punishment the guy he hit got, for the high tackle on Danny Williams moments before the king-hit?

Mafia Drive Gunner

Yeah, it was Mark O'Neill, and he got 2 weeks, but that doesn't matter, I believe he is still recovering from what happened.

-MDG

Storm.
Yeah, it was Mark O'Neill, and he got 2 weeks, but that doesn't matter, I believe he is still recovering from what happened.

-MDG

Actually he didn't get suspended for any matches because he previously held a clean record. However, he missed 2 games because of the injury. wink.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner

-MDG

Actually he didn't get suspended for any matches because he previously held a clean record. However, he missed 2 games because of the injury. wink.gif

Blah, same thing you perfectionist nah j/k.

Darren Senter announced his retirement, Scotty Hill is out of the Storm's big game against the dragons, Jamie Lyon can't go to penrith as they turned him down, so it will be interesting to see what he does. My best bet, goes to england or just plays for Wee Waa.

Adrian Morley comes back from suspension today, hopefully to make a big impact this week.

Edit: wewt, when I made this post originally I got the 500th view. -MDG

Storm.

It's a shame that Scotty Hill won't be playing tonight but I'm sure whoever replaces him will do a good job. I have enjoyed watching the Storm play the Dragons ever since they beat them in the '99 grand final.

I think Adrian Morley is unfairly targeted by referees and officials because of the way he plays the game. Not all the tackles he has been suspended for have been head high.

Mafia Drive Gunner
It's a shame that Scotty Hill won't be playing tonight but I'm sure whoever replaces him will do a good job. I have enjoyed watching the Storm play the Dragons ever since they beat them in the '99 grand final.

I think Adrian Morley is unfairly targeted by referees and officials because of the way he plays the game. Not all the tackles he has been suspended for have been head high.

True dat.

Well, Melbourne lost, 34-14, giving me 1/1 tounge.gif . Sucked in Stormy boy. nah j/k.

About Adrian Morley, yeah, I think you are right, because when I played Rugby the other weekend the ref caled one of our players offside and he wasn't even on the field. He was holding a grudge against the kid, and told us no. 12 was offside, and we all went, "But he isn't on the field REF." Then he has gone, with hesitation, "Oh....errr. Well someone was offside". It is nearly the same thing, targeting a player.

And the Storm vs Dragons games have been pretty good sine, ay? I reckon so too. Well, it looks like Scotty Hill's absence did make a difference. -MDG

Storm.

That was a terrible match last night. Now I have 0/1 tips to start the round. Storm had a few other players who missed the match too.

How can the ref say a player is offside when they aren't on the field? I think it's time that ref got the sack.

Tonight is the Wallabies' big chance to win back the Tri Nations trophy. I am very doubtful that they can do it though.

50th reply to this topic. smile.gif

Mafia Drive Gunner
How can the ref say a player is offside when they aren't on the field? I think it's time that ref got the sack.

Tonight is the Wallabies' big chance to win back the Tri Nations trophy. I am very doubtful that they can do it though.

50th reply to this topic. smile.gif

Well, the guy that was reffing was the father of the best player on the other team.

It was bullsh*t.

Yeah, I have a tinkling that the Tri Nations will be New Zealand's. -MDG

Storm.

OMG Aussies beat New Zealand 23-18! I must admit I am very surprised about the result.

Swans beat the Kangaroos tonight in the AFL and I have 3/4 tips right in the NRL.

Mafia Drive Gunner

OMG Aussies beat New Zealand 23-18! I must admit I am very surprised about the result.

Swans beat the Kangaroos tonight in the AFL and I have 3/4 tips right in the NRL.

I was pissed off when the hooter went in the AFL, which I switched over to as soon as the rugby finished. How could you do such a stupid thing by handballing it out on purpose.

Australia played well, they all timed their runs onto the ball in backs and forwards, and a well deserved man of the Match to George Smith.

Yay, the knights finally won, and panthers flogged the eagles. -MDG

Storm.

I was pissed off when the hooter went in the AFL, which I switched over to as soon as the rugby finished. How could you do such a stupid thing by handballing it out on purpose.

Australia played well, they all timed their runs onto the ball in backs and forwards, and a well deserved man of the Match to George Smith.

Unfortunately when I checked the score, it was only the progress score. cryani.gif How did the Swans blow a 40 point lead?

I got 4/7 tips for the NRL round. I didn't tip the Sharks upset and for some reason I tipped the Rabbitohs.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Unfortunately when I checked the score, it was only the progress score. cryani.gif How did the Swans blow a 40 point lead?

I got 4/7 tips for the NRL round. I didn't tip the Sharks upset and for some reason I tipped the Rabbitohs.

Yes, I was devastated when I saw them kick the goal with just a few seconds left.

I got 6/7, the Sharks played really well, but I think I will still go the Roosters to beat the Panthers next week, but I will see what else happens, and then I will make my decision.

I really want Knights to win next week, and the Sydney Swans. -MDG

Jay
Port Adelaide won. They didn't just do that, but they belted Melbourne. Who would have thought that? Melbourne get belted in Adelaide and belt us when we are at the MCG.

Mr Leone

Yep, Port Adelaide pwnd Melbourne, and my I add Melbourne were the top side

Mafia Drive Gunner

Hey guys.

In all three codes this topic covers, there has been some fairly surprising results as of late in all of them. Port flogging Melbourne, Sharks beating the Roosters and South Africa losing very narrowly to NZ, when I thought the scores would have been more in NZ's favour, and in the last few weeks, in the NRL, there have been some shock results for tippers.

Let's see whats been happening in the NRL news...*logs onto nrl.com*....Not Much except for Billy Slater's groin injury, which won't have him out for any games.

Edit: made some changes to the front page. -MDG

Mr Leone

Yes ma footy tips were all over the bloody place this week tounge.gif