3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

New Moderator - Demarest

illspirit

In case you didn't notice the new name blue name floating about the online lists, Demarest has been promoted to global moderator. Most people were probably expecting this, and I'm sure just about everybody here recognizes the name, so introductions and such really shouldn't be neccessary. wink.gif

Exkabewbikadid

I couldn't think of a better name to add to GTAF's team of Nazi moderators. Try breaking that new moderating stick in on the SA chat forum. wink.gif Seriously, if that forum gets any more pathetic..

So that means I'm about 2 on the list now... right? Damn, didn't think so. Either way, congrats. Remember the golden rule of moderating: If it's not a year old, it's four stars to an oldbie's one.

~Mewish

Around the 450th reported post, I think he should of been promoted then...

Congrats man. I never talk to you, but you seem like a good guy wink.gif

Son of a bitch!

Look, I normally respect all the mods and their decisions but, do you really think that appointing a man with an ego the size of the sun is really the best thing to do?

I mean, sure, he may be smart, but I think we're gonna end up with another Cerbera incident here, hopefully minus the nekkid pics. nervous.gif

Nevertheless, congrats.

Anyone who didn't see that coming full-speed three miles away raise their hand. I'll promptly hit you with a nailgun.

Congrats Dem. Yet another TP in teh powah.

Somehow I feel the need to say suprise suprise......but I cant force myself to do it sarcasm.gif

Although I am suprised he is a mod, I thought he would have gone straight for Admin.... turn.gif

Exkabewbikadid
Look, I normally respect all the mods and their decisions but, do you really think that appointing a man with an ego the size of the sun is really the best thing to do?

I mean, sure, he may be smart, but I think we're gonna end up with another Cerbera incident here, hopefully minus the nekkid pics. nervous.gif

Ego the size of the sun? C'mon, he's a resonable person. Okay, so that whole butterfly thing just got really drawn out and weird, but it's not like others didn't help push that along. For the most part though, it was what was neccessary at the time.

I'm confident that Dem won't let us down and go apesh*ttin' power mad on us like cerb did.

Congrads Dem, you seem like a person who will do a good job, don't let me down biggrin.gif .

I remember the days of praying and bugging to be a mod tounge.gif

I don't agree with this decision, I think there are a few better candidates who would have been abit more ideal. There needs to be a mod who has a strong personality, not someone who's 'safe'. FortyOz would have been a far better decision, in my opinion anyway. Dem's a good member, and he's definetly a chilled guy, but I can't see why he's different from the average member. He simply posts and helps alot, but seriously, that's not all what should be looked for when picking a moderator.

He simply posts and helps alot, but seriously, that's not all what should be looked for when picking a moderator.

At the risk of fulfilling ACA's prophecy, you're right. But the amount of time I spend here and the amount of posts I'm willing to take the time to report, link, cross-reference etc does. To top it off, I can watch a movie and remember half the dialogue. I have a memory for useless crap, so I'm pretty good at spotting redundant threads and such.

Whatever. Time will tell. Thanks to staff. This is my home away from home and I'll be sure to keep it clean.

He simply posts and helps alot, but seriously, that's not all what should be looked for when picking a moderator.

At the risk of fulfilling ACA's prophecy, you're right. But the amount of time I spend here and the amount of posts I'm willing to take the time to report, link, cross-reference etc does. To top it off, I can watch a movie and remember half the dialogue. I have a memory for useless crap, so I'm pretty good at spotting redundant threads and such.

Whatever. Time will tell. Thanks to staff. This is my home away from home and I'll be sure to keep it clean.

I have no doubt of your abilities to mod, the staff have yet to choose a bad moderator, with the exception of Cerb. There are a few personalities on the staff, the rest are just faces, i'm simply saying that there should be more who arn't afraid to get there hands dirty, and say what needs to be said. Bah, lost my train of thought.

GTA3Freak-2001

Hey well done Dem, as soon as I saw this topic I knew who the new mod was. I am sure you will do a great job as you are around alot and can fullfill the role perfectly.

Good luck defending the innocent from the onslaught of noobs this year especially since the release of San Andreas is right round the corner and with it brings noobs galore. Good luck!

I was looking at a topic in pc chat, say Dem's post and scrolled on down. Then as I was down the page something hit me...

"what the f*ck?"

I scrolled back up.

MOD

"Yep."

Congrats dem. I don't know what you've done to merit this but I also don't know what you've done. You're a good guy and the current staff wouldn't have bumped you if they didn't think you were worthy.

That is all.

I have no doubt of your abilities to mod, the staff have yet to choose a bad moderator, with the exception of Cerb. There are a few personalities on the staff, the rest are just faces, i'm simply saying that there should be more who arn't afraid to get there hands dirty, and say what needs to be said. Bah, lost my train of thought.

Is that not what just happened though? When Purp was MODded, I was in no way shape or form worthy of the responsibility. I even said to illspirit when BroDan left that I was not fit to fill his shoes. Some members decided to try and beat me to a pulp, I learned some lessons, and here we are. Give me some time; I'll show you the staff knows what's good for their forums wink.gif

@Xcomm: Thanks for reppin yo. SA is one of those places I stay out of. People would get tired of me pointing out how lame this is and not fun that is.

Demarest hands anuj the nailgun
TP = teh powah!

Congratulations of this Demarest, you certainly deserve it. Without a doubt you will be a great mod.

Demarest = teh rox0r tounge.gif

ghost_master2000

Three words can express my current feelings: about damn time. biggrin.gif

and on that note.. I'm gone.

Edit: on another note. it seems that you didn't forget what you said you'd do when you were moderated(is that even a word?) Quick question though. Can you give yourself plus karma? That would be wierd.

Edited by ghost_master2000