4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Video card requirements

q_a_z_w_s_x_e

q_a_z_w_s_x_e

I have a 'NVIDIA Aladdin TNT2' (16 MB) card. The minimum requirement is a 32MB card so I was wondering if the game is still playable on my machine.

Has anyone been able to play the game successfully with a 16MB video card?

drprince89

user posted image

He knows 32 is the minimum requirement again you post but it helps not, by the way IF you wanted to show that 32 is minimum you should have highlighted/circled the minimum spec part.

Edited by drprince89
drprince89
Liek.. he's not a complete retard. I guess he can read.

obviously hes not taking the full time to read it because ive seen two cases where he just posts this and its of no help.

drprince89
i'm sorry, guess full retards do exist.

I guess they do i mean look at yo, how does this help q_a_z_w_s_x_e? If you can tell me that it helps him in someway then ill say it myself that im a retard, read this:

You'll be able to play it..... barely.

You'd be wanting AT LEAST a GEForce 4 MX.

Which means that even though the minimum requirements are 32 mb 16 is still playable, So it may just be me but im not getting how posting the minimum requirements help, retard. What about now whos the retard?

Demarest

He knows 32 is the minimum requirement
Obviously not since his question was whether or not it will run on a 16MB vidcard.

again you post but it helps not
If you mean because we're trying to "help" somebody who thinks you can possibly play a game on a 16MB vidcard when the game's min requirements is 32MB, then I'd agree with you since we're speaking to deaf ears. But then, the topic itself would be the true target of your anger. Since it is not, this is obviously a PERSONAL attack.

by the way IF you wanted to show that 32 is minimum you should have highlighted/circled the minimum spec part.
Just like I COULD have just typed 32MB. Just like I COULD have not replied at all since he answered himself before creating the topic. But spending all day considering what could've been done differently accomplishes nothing and does not change what actually took place. So let's not waste any more time than this very thread has caused us to already. I posted the pic and nothing more because it is the FINAL WORD on the subject. R* says 32MB, so you need 32MB. It's not the calculus you're making it out to be. You know, many companies will make their installers verify min requirements are met even if they truly aren't minimum just to avoid having to tech support borderline machines!

obviously hes not taking the full time to read it because ive seen two cases where he just posts this and its of no help.
You assume too much. By time I posted, this thread was all of what, 2 posts long? What reason would somebody possibly have to not read them? You're irrationality increases with each keystroke. That pic is extremely helpful every time I post it because I only post it when the min requirements are being questioned. The only people who won't find help in that would be ones like this thread's author who don't WANT to hear the answer, so they try to get around it anyways. Such though is obviously as irrational as your own, which is why you've been self-appointed as defender of the futile. They're not my guidelines. Don't shoot the messenger.

If you can tell me that it helps him in someway then ill say it myself that im a retard
Bet. It tells him the min requirements. Done. 32MB is MINIMUM requirements of the video card. Can I play it on a vidcard with 16MB? Is 16MB at least 32MB? No? There's your answer. Why do I have the feeling that you're not going to keep your promise? Worry not, I plan on keeping it for you in my closing argument.

You'll be able to play it..... barely.
Ah, now tell me how that's helpful? Coaxing a naive individual into buying a game they can't install. This is your idea of help? You don't by chance own the shop where the kid's been scoping VC out, do you? Then I could see how you'd consider that helpful.

Which means that even though the minimum requirements are 32 mb 16 is still playable, So it may just be me
Yep. By EVERYBODY ELSE's estimation, 16 < 32.

but im not getting how posting the minimum requirements help, retard.
Third time. Min requirements on the vidcard is 32MB. Will 16MB play it? Is 16MB greater than 32MB? No? There's your answer. You ARE aware that minimum means lowest, right?

What about now whos the retard?
Sir, that would be you. Not only for all of the above, but you quoted my post. You were bitching about my posting the pic and then you quoted the pic. That's awfully retarded. Not to mention that quoting a pic from ONE POST ABOVE YOU is an unnecessary drain on bandwidth as well as screen real estate. I think to how many times I've seen people quote images and somehow with TEXT indicate that the pic went there, it occurs to me that this is common knowledge, common decency, common sense, what have you. To deviate from that norm is rather retarded.

Now go back to 1st grade so you can learn that 32 not only comes after 16, but it is also exactly TWICE as large wow.gif

Well to clear up the confusion, if there is any...

Video Memory:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City requires a video card with at least 32 MB of video memory

to run. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will refuse to run if launched on a machine with

less than 32 MB of video memory.

Ergo - it will not run.

Thanks.

drprince89

If the minimum requirement is 32 how come i was able to set my card down to 16 and still run it. ALso why didnt you quote the person who said it will run barely? Also he wasnt asking what the minimum requirement was he stated in his post that he knew it was 32 so thats why your post does not help.

Edited by drprince89
q_a_z_w_s_x_e

I'm not going to start any flames, I just want the game to run. I have read all the documentation, including the readme file which states that the game will not run if the video card is not atleast 32MB.

Having said that, I have been able to run other games which had a minimum 32MB video card requirement. Also, minimum is not always minimum. For example, Windows XP is supposed to run under a mininum of 128 MB RAM, but can still be run with 64MB.

Back to the point. I have actually installed the game, and tried running it. I get a spinning cd icon for 10 sec then nothing happens. I just wanted to know if this was indeed the cause of my video card. If it is my card, then I will go and get a new video card and all will be happy. If, however, something else is causing the game not to run (an unresolved problem a few others are experiencing in this forum), then I need to fix THAT problem first. This was the intention of my post. sigh.gif

FistMaster

I played it on a 16meg Voodoo3 with the "remove all surplus stuff like leaves, bits of paper etc and lowered the number of ped's/car's and I managed to get 24-30fps, which is ample. Did this after I had the same problem with GTA3.

Now I'm on a GF4 Ti and it runs smooth, tbh if you want the "full" experience, upgrade the card, you can pick a gf4 mx 64meg up for around £35 in UK (about $50).

Hope that helps some.

Oh and BTW, you should be able to find all the needed tools on many of the mighty fine GTA websites.

smile.gif

Fisty

q_a_z_w_s_x_e

Thanks guys. Atleast now I'm pretty sure it's not my video card that is the cause of the game not starting.

I'll continue to investigate and upgrade my card soon after.