3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP|SCR] GTA-New York

commando

Well pic of the Mitsubishi Galant by VI-2496.

user posted image

user posted image

I am finishing the first part of the roads so i can start texturing and start the second part.

1 word: eek. fix those lumps and normals

hmmm the normals need alot of work and u gotta fix the bumps. lookin good

Dont worry it will be fixed guys still more work to do.

I dont have words.This is my best model sofar.

Still needs the barel maybe a silencer and the scope.

user posted image

user posted image

Gee thats nice (did you know that there is millions of Mistubishi Gallants for download allready) stop with the guns and cars and work on the map (That is if you plan to get this out by San Anderas PC).

jamesd

ModelingMan

Here is the latest weapon I have made for GTANY

user posted image

stop with the guns and cars and work on the map (That is if you plan to get this out by San Anderas PC).

If you think none of the map is being done commando is mostly working on the roads, he is also making the BMW and made two guns, I made the rest of the guns. Once commando has finished the first part of the roads we are gonna work on the map.

Suction Testicle Man

::EDIT:: Whoops! Wrong mod! This isn't the same as GTA: USA is it?

Edited by Suction Testicle Man

::EDIT:: Whoops! Wrong mod! This isn't the same as GTA: USA is it?

No this is GTA:New York biggrin.gif.

EDIT:

Here it is the final UMP-45 for now just pic in zmod.

Ingame pic soon.

Any comments?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by commando

We are trying to decide if we gonna use the VC road textures or take some real pic of roads fix them and use real textures.

Some ideas and recomendations people? confused.gif

ModelingMan

We have textures to use for the roads (got them from Mafia), they have some nice detail.

Me and commando are gonna work on them.

Here are pics:

user posted image

user posted image

I'm a bit confused. You replaced some VC textures with Mafia textures and now it's a map mod of New York? turn.gif

Monitor57

mafia is based in lost heaven, which is New York renamed wink.gif

im not too happy about the stealing of textures tho

what about Midtown Madness 3 style?

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Those are the best I know about...mebbe NFSU but cant do the refelction that make it so good in vc engine.

Can't be hard to remake...if u want i can do so... whit some bump map to if vc can do that? I believe it did, not sure...

Edited by Clint R.

I'm a bit confused. You replaced some VC textures with Mafia textures and now it's a map mod of New York?

No jcab this is a TC for Vice based on New York try to read more about the mod.

mafia is based in lost heaven, which is New York renamed 

im not too happy about the stealing of textures tho

Well Mon try to think this as a loan biggrin.gif

We are gonna to modify them.

what about Midtown Madness 3 style?

They are nice textures but we want dirty textures with cracks so we gonna remake the textures from Mafia thanx for you support and help. tounge2.gif

EDIT:We are needing car modelers and skinners if you like to join us PM me or go to our forum please.

Edited by commando

I'm a bit confused. You replaced some VC textures with Mafia textures and now it's a map mod of New York?

No jcab this is a TC for Vice based on New York try to read more about the mod.

Sorry dude, my dry sense of humor is a bit too obscure sometimes. I was trying to make a point about the fact that you basically have a good WIP here if it's in the Misc. catagory, but a few untextured roads connected together, one small building, and a decision to use a road texture from Mafia doesn't constitute a map mod WIP. I truelly wish you luck but this thread is either premature or in the wrong forum. Not that it bugs me, it's not my website.

The weapons and cars are looking good BTW.

a few untextured roads connected together

We have 35 +/- kilometers of roads i think that is huge.

We will have 125,150 kilometers of roads that is very very huge.

You will be lost in New York tounge.giftounge.gif

Jcab is right in one point, as this is in maps there should be the showing of the buildings that are been made, so I believe that you should start getting some of them done.

But on another point, this is a total conversion of VC, and imo its easier to keep one topic than have several topics all over the place for guns, carsm mpas and so on.

Really you are right jcab, but this mod is not really gtaforums based like Myriad and GTA:LC and maybe even GTA:London, so I think this is the best way to have it, although its the wrong way according to the forum rules probably I can see why the topic is like this.

On a serious not, the building will start to need to be done because total conversions take a long time and you need a massive team to get anywhere. If the buildings are not started and finished for BETA's not for release in the next few months I dont think this mod will be out before the next GTA is out then the mod will be outdated and not many will be intrested.

Some come on gys get some of the map done, I mean the buildings. Please, and maybe recruit some more modders if possible to help. smile.gif

On a serious not, the building will start to need to be done because total conversions take a long time and you need a massive team to get anywhere. If the buildings are not started and finished for BETA's not for release in the next few months I dont think this mod will be out before the next GTA is out then the mod will be outdated and not many will be intrested.

Some come on gys get some of the map done, I mean the buildings. Please, and maybe recruit some more modders if possible to help.

You are right but if modelers dont join the team i cant go and kidnap them ph34r.gif we are working on the map finishing the first part of the roads and making the sidewalks with some buildings.

EDIT:Well GT-1 if you want to help us recruiting modelers be my guest but will be very very dificult i tryed to recruit car modelers but just 1 accepted.

If you want help us tounge2.giftounge2.gif i will give you some cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Edited by commando
ModelingMan

Commando I just noticed, why did you put a scope on the UMP-45, it already has sights on it which you use to aim with heavy machine guns, the scope is in the way of the sights. And don't replace the PSG1 with it because it isn't a sniper rifle.

a few untextured roads connected together

We have 35 +/- kilometers of roads i think that is huge.

We will have 125,150 kilometers of roads that is very very huge.

You will be lost in New York tounge.giftounge.gif

well are they textured or not? Once again, I was being too cryptic. I was trying to make the point that Opius has made many times in the past: you should really texture as you go. I'll take the point further by saying that the roads should actually be pre-textured. If you wait to texture for last then you are going to UV map hundreds of polygons in which case the road dff files will be needlessly bigger, they won't look natural, and it will end up taking more time.

I always thought that the mod showroom is for projects that have a fair amount of work under their belts. Now that I'm looking for the faq I can't find it so maybe that's not an issue anymore. And I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Like I said, you've got a good start with weapons and cars (typical of TC projects: 60% done on cars and vehicles, 0.6% done on maps.) I truelly wish you guys luck, just trying to give some friendly advise is all.

I'm a bit confused. You replaced some VC textures with Mafia textures and now it's a map mod of New York? turn.gif

WOW

EDIT:Well GT-1 if you want to help us recruiting modelers be my guest but will be very very dificult i tryed to recruit car modelers but just 1 accepted.

If you want help us tounge2.giftounge2.gif i will give you some cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

I cannot help, only show support, now I understand jcab, I even read it wrong. You guys should listen to him he seriously knows what he is talking about. smile.gif

Monitor57

Really you are right jcab, but this mod is not really gtaforums based like Myriad and GTA:LC and maybe even GTA:London

ok No.1 Gta : London is on several forums:

Gta xp

Gta Discussion

Codename Gta

Jbandit forums

www.Gtalondonforums.tk (our own 1)

commando has his own 1, i do believe the team have part of an partment building done, it was na early pic but looked real good - maybe if you could bring it back up here commando, it might interest some people + ask Odie if you may use the statue of liberty he made colgate.gif