4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[WIP|SCR] GTA-New York

commando

Are you able to set a percent of the work ? Ex. Is the mod 70% finished or less ? Or more maybe?? sigh.gif

i would say about 13% my friend, no joke just think of amount more work we gotta do and the fact we dont even have 1 completed car and mass of land that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

dont get ur hopes up, u'll only be kicking urself in the bollox wink.gif

Are you able to set a percent of the work ? Ex. Is the mod 70% finished or less ? Or more maybe??  sigh.gif

i would say about 13% my friend, no joke just think of amount more work we gotta do and the fact we dont even have 1 completed car and mass of land that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

dont get ur hopes up, u'll only be kicking urself in the bollox wink.gif

If you can't finish the whole map, at least release part of it as Myriad or something.

WOW wow.gif

I've only just found out about all these vice city mods, and this one is looking really good. I'm glad your taking your time with it and not rushing to get it finished. Keep up the good work biggrin.gif

Slow but steady he goes. biggrin.gif

But lets see if we cant do some things more faster, you guys should check our forum we are building a litle community we already have 284 members and they keep comming.

Ill try to model some things.

Keep the replys comming we need them. smile.gif

Sorry for not post a screen but i have nothing to show, we need car modelers badly, no need to join us for ever just make some cars for the mod.

Put the guns down and start making the buildings. They do look good Commando but as ive said before this mod doesnt need guns its needs buildings more than guns and cars.

I think guns is the most important part of a mod for game that has shooting action but such ugly lowpolyweapons like GTA (same goes for Tomb Raider anyway,GTA should habe either IOI or Remedy as support for the weapons tounge.gif) also don't I build cars (to complex objects at once and I only use Zanoza to texture ,so I don't know all the settings for cars,and reading lot of tutorials,no,thanx,and buildings,hmm,that would be a possibility but I have no 3dsm and so I cant prelight,also is "modeling the outside" to easy but something that I hate is modeling the inside ...

uh oh..Modellingman and his 3 shiny stars strike back!!!!

oh and yesum i saw the logs commando...you are too dedicated

whebn somebody is too dedicated, thats when the mod actualy shows signs of progress wink.gif

uh oh..Modellingman and his 3 shiny stars strike back!!!!

oh and yesum i saw the logs commando...you are too dedicated

whebn somebody is too dedicated, thats when the mod actualy shows signs of progress wink.gif

No monitor...theres a fine line between a good dedication with progress and an dedication where all you think about is the mod..thats good for the mod but its bad for the person..some could sya i was even like that with gta usa.

When someone is too dedicated and is also the leader of a mod he thinks he can control others. (By someone I mean Commando).

Since commando posted something he said on MSN, I'll also do that

ModelingMan: you can't control people

Commando: but i have to controle my team and the people in

ModelingMan: i'll repeat, you cannot control people

Commando: cuz i dont need those stars to show that am good or bad

ModelingMan: i didnt ask for the stars

Commando: but people dont care about the other guys

Commando: i REALLY HATE when they ask questions in gtaforums and then you see a 5 shiny stars member replying calling noob instead of helping

Since commando posted something he said on MSN, I'll also do that

ModelingMan: you can't control people

Commando: but i have to controle my team and the people in

ModelingMan: i'll repeat, you cannot control people

Commando: cuz i dont need those stars to show that am good or bad

ModelingMan: i didnt ask for the stars

Commando: but people dont care about the other guys

Commando: i REALLY HATE when they ask questions in gtaforums and then you see a 5 shiny stars member replying calling noob instead of helping

[/font]

I posted first here and then i started talking to you in msn, check the post time.

Am starting to see fire in this thread. devil.gif

VC:310

PC:574 (349)

(349 is the PC,I had,before saving 3Ds which made the Faces with 4 Vertices to triangles ...)

Model and Textures made by GTA:NYs (nearly) exclusive weaponmodler,so me biggrin.gif

Yeah Silent Viper, great job. Commando not trying to bring you down but the textures are so/ so. They look a little too repetitive, but then again I suppose VC's were too. If you wouldn't mind adding a little more variety to it then I think it would look better. But hey its sill great to see progress for a TC.

Oh and Monitor when are you going to model another car for the mod or show some screens of a new one? I just remember your Mustang which I don't believe was finished. Could be wrong though, I would like to see some progress though.

Oh and will there be fire escapes on some apartments to make them look more realistic?

Yeah Silent Viper, great job.  Commando not trying to bring you down but the textures are so/ so.  They look a little too repetitive, but then again I suppose VC's were too.  If you wouldn't mind adding a little more variety to it then I think it would look better.  But hey its sill great to see progress for a TC.

I agree. I like the modern-looking building, but the yellow building is too repetetive. In lower Manhattan you would never see a whole block full of the same kind of rowhouses. You would see variety in the buildings and building heights like this (image). Also, I think they are kind of plain. You could just add some kind of ornamentation somewhere on them like above the window. It wouldn't be too hard. Congrats on actually getting to modeling buildings unlike most TC mods. I am looking forward to the release.

Edited by JIMMY12345678910