3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Gang RPG

Slick Willy

I have no idea as of how anyone would go about creating this, or even who could create it. So of course, for now, this is just an idea. Every once and a while I feel that gangs are a bit useless and maybe this could add some flavor to the gang scene.

A GTA Gang RPG. A simple on-line strategy game where the gangs of GTA ie. $$H, LFM, Diablos, Triads, Zaibatsu, Haitians, Cubans or even the original gangs of gtaforums could compete against eachother. Users of the network would be a member of a certain gang, based on preference, and the different gangs would have ranks structures. The gangs would be able to deal drugs, do hits on other gangs, pimp hoes, bribe police, recruit, purchase arms and vehicles - much like a few other gang rpg's that I've seen - although this would pertain specifically to the gangs of GTA.

This is a fresh idea that just leaked into my head, so feel free to help me out here. I feel that this may be a little too much though.

It could be done, but I don't think we'd have the time to do it without help from elsewhere. We thought of recreating GTA1 using Macromedia Shockwave, but that idea died. If the right team is found, then I can't see why not.

Well I'll do some research myself on how to create these things (as I only know simple html and can operat dreamweaver). If I learn how to do it, get some help, and start it out, it should develop pretty well.

awsome idea sllck willy.maybe even fighting for turfs.

Thanks. And ya might wanna resize that sig there tiger. Nothing above 468x70 for non-official gang members. sly.gif

Great concept. And we have a large number of individuals on the forum with skills in PHP that could assist in programming, great authors to write up plotlines and whatnot, and a large number of gamers to perform beta tests on various platforms.

I'd love to get in on this, as it seems to resemble my concept for "Street Warz" - a PHP based gang fight system - with more interest.

I'd love to see this done.

Uhh, if we prodded Delfi enough he would probably make his future-hit game TopDownCity, an improved GTA1-looking game, have a massively-multiplayer support feature. With gang turfs and teams. Think turf wars advanced. And I suppose Delfi could also possibly optimize it to work with upto 32 players... but I'm not sure how omnipotent he is.

~Mewish

Nice idea. It seems like it would be hard to create though. Maybe if it was a Java or HTML type of game but that wouldn't be as fun as a GTA1 type top view game.

Themanwiththeplan

I love you Sick Willy. What an idea. I can just see it now. Speeding down the road firing at demerest or mmms. Ahhh that would be entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...
Ohh. Sorry. Could some explain it to stupid old me? biggrin.gif

guessing, that its just a huge city, like liberty, and you can see it top down, if lucky then 3 1/4 angle. you can go to a server and start attacking and with weapons and cars wars and what not other things.... peds just like an rpg game... lol it would be sweet if it is 3d and a special server just like mta only better...

Something like a gangwars.com? I think something like that would be cool. Exclusive for the GTA members? So we could keep it under control and such.

• 4 weeks later...
The Ace of Spades

You could make a message board based RPG, and write up a set of rules pertaining to what is allowed, and what isnt. It would be text based, and everything would have to be written out. It most likley would have to be run on a board seperate from this one. The gangs would play a gangster roleplay game that was based in Vice City, Liberty City, and perhaps San Andreas or a fictional city made up by the members of GTAForums. Seeing as GTAForums uses Invision Board 1.3, you could add a Money/Shop/Bank System ( They are availbable for download at http://www.ibplanet.com ) and that could be used to buy weapons, buildings, and anything else gangs may need. There would be Mod's to enforce the rules, and a select few Admin's to declare death's and big things like that..

Edited by The Ace of Spades

Well, I have done this thing before with Ace O spades, it is possible, and it is a whole lotta fun. But, to do it, on the gang level, we would have to kull or merge smaller gangs into bigger gangs.

These roleplay boards arent just for gangsters either. You need everything from a garbage man, to a hooker, to a grocery store owner. the more variety you have, the funner the game is

The Ace of Spades

Yeah, those characters could be played by the members of the board who arent in a gang. Cops are also something that are in demand for these kinds of things, and the Precinct "gang" could play the role of police

I go to other forums tht do this. It is a text-based rpg game. The only problem is it has to be heavily modded and a good set of rules would be needed to be drawn up.

I go to other forums tht do this. It is a text-based rpg game. The only problem is it has to be heavily modded and a good set of rules would be needed to be drawn up.

Yeah, modded heavily because we all spoil it.

Shame MeuMeu left cos he was best RPG'r ever!

But text based RPG would be an excellent add-on! cool.gif

I think Mafia RPGs are kinda mundane, it can be alot funner if you have a game in the middle like a Drug Wars browser game and use the forums as a secondary place to RP. Otherwise, it's just yeah not my kind of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe some sort of a text based RPG rather than a full dragged out graphics.

It could be linked with the forums so then Gang leaders can actually administrate who are members in their gang, who wears thier livery under their avatar etc.

The whole thing could be turn based with montly or quarterly awards of somekind. Maybe use of the karma system. Or a seperate karma system still linked with the forum.

There can be a winner for best get away driver, right hand man etc.

If anyones interested in drawing out a system paper could give it a shot.

Not overly sure about the forums linking etc. Any good board hackers?

I remember about a year ago when we came up with something like this. We were thinking about producing it with flash. We all got together and then just gave up. Then i remember also around this time that all these people started opening shops and 'selling' stuff to other members. 'virtual' money tounge.gif then some gangs cheated and it all fell through. Its possible, but would take forever. suicidal.gif Somehow so you log into a database or something with a huge map and you see all the territory of each gang. Win and loose territory somehow....but i dont know how... notify.gif

Yes, there should be a map and you can buy territories.

It should be a large map and if possible, MAPS, not just one.

I could do all the graphics in FLash, but the problem is tying it all together and also TIME. I dont know enough about actionscript and everything, also linking it with Coldfushion. need some pros in that field.