4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

A small problem

Johnnyboy

Hello forum-members,

There is something weird with particular sounds in my game. It seems that particular things that normally makes sounds, doesn't make any. What I'm talking about is like when you're grabbing the money, changing camera angle, grabbing rampages, health etc. All those things normally make small sounds but I don't hear any. I do hear sound effects like when you crash or something like that. And I do hear the voices of peds and Tommy and the radio. So the only thing I don't hear are those small sound effects when you're grabbing something (Bribes, money, health, rampage) plus I don't hear the sound when you're changing the camera angle. I've checked the sound effects volume and it's at the maximum. This is happening for a week now and before it was running just fine. Is there a solution for this bug? Thanks. smile.gif

PS: I'm sorry if this is posted before. Always when I use the search button it says that there is something and therefore cannot be used.

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 1,5 Ghz

320 RAM

40 GB

Soundcard: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Geforce MX 440 128 MB

Edited by Johnnyboy

Have you tried changing the audio settings in the game to use a different "audio hardware"?

I personally hate on-board audio, but then I've only dealt with AC'97, never SoundMax.

Still might want to think about getting a real sound card.

I've tried every audio hardware. But it still doesn't work. Vice City worked really fine last month though. Everything was fine untill now so I guess there's no problem with the soundcard. Other games that I have work just fine with the sounds. I've reinstalled Vice City 3 times now and it still doesn't work. Is there any other solutions?

Edited by Johnnyboy

Have you checked for updated drivers? My mobo sound would memory dump anytime I played VC. Finally an update was released for the sound drivers and now it's smooth as silk.

Don't listen to wold about on-board sound. It has been respectable for about 2.5 years now.

Thanks Demarest for the help. I didn't know that those on-board sounds were that much respectable. tounge.gif

Anyway I also searched for updates and I found one update and guess what: The problem is solved... The sounds all is working now but there is only one small sound problem that still isn't working. And I don't know if this is a glitch or not, so can somebody please check it out for me?: When you're steering a boat and you're changing the camera angle, it still doesn't make any sounds (it doesn't make sounds when you're zooming in to the boat or zooming out.) But when you're changing the camera to the cinema angle or to the 1st person angle the sound DOES work. Also when you're changing the camera angle in a helicopter, the sound doesn't work. Can somebody please check it out if this is a glitch? I know it's a small problem but...... confused.gif

Glad you got it working there. Not sure about the boat thing, but really, that's teenie compared to what you WERE going through tounge.gif

Blank Space

I have the same problem (only hearing certain sounds) and I have the same sound card. I tried looking for a driver for my PC and mine isn't listed on the list over at soundmax.com support.

I have an Intel P4 2.26 ghz, Win XP Home, 512ram, SoundMax Digital Audio Integrated card, DirectX 9.0b

I also have a zip of PC info if you want it.

I'm still waiting on a response from RockStar/Take 2 Games Support but I have used it in the past in they don't listen, not to mention they take forever in their support. (face it, I might as well come here for support instead)

Edited by Blank Space

I know Demarest that's it is nothing special to worry about.

But I'm a kind of guy who really wants everything to run 100% (if it can). It gives me a glad feeling that nothing is wrong with my games biggrin.gif. I know that I'm sometimes even overdoing it blush.gif .

But can you please check it out for me Demarest or anybody else? Thanks smile.gif

Blank Space, do you have the same problem I HAD or what I now have (the small problem about the boat thing)?

If it's the one I had, just go to the website www.soundmax.com and check there for updates. At least that's the website where I think I went.

Blank Space
I know Demarest that's it is nothing special to worry about.

But I'm a kind of guy who really wants everything to run 100% (if it can). It gives me a glad feeling that nothing is wrong with my games biggrin.gif. I know that I'm sometimes even overdoing it blush.gif .

But can you please check it out for me Demarest or anybody else? Thanks smile.gif

Blank Space, do you have the same problem I HAD or what I now have (the small problem about the boat thing)?

If it's the one I had, just go to the website www.soundmax.com and check there for updates. At least that's the website where I think I went.

Well it was the problem you had.

I did go to soundmax's website and looked at support and found drivers and hardware. It only gave me links to other sites which my computer was not on that list. I even looked at Intel, no luck at all. cryani.gif