The thread that started it all

Demarest

Craig Kostelecky

If you have links to those, feel free to post a new topic about that. That way you can edit new ones as you see fit as well.

I'd appreciate it.

If you have links to those, feel free to post a new topic about that. That way you can edit new ones as you see fit as well.

I'd appreciate it.

Sure thing! I have everything on a DVD, so I'll need to upload the files 1st... Media Fire perhaps, or some other (similar) service?

By the way, would you like me to upload just the GTA: LC mods alone, or everything - including early GTA3 mods? I got some of the "legendary" titles here, including Demarest's Time Twister for both GTA3 and Vice if I'm not mistaking.

Edited by SomeGuy86

Actually, all of the mods in http://gtaforums.com/topic/120808-the-thread-that-started-it-all/page-514?do=findComment&comment=4073670(latest version of the Unofficial Mods first post) should still be online on my server, even though it doesn't serve HTTP anymore (invalidating all links in the post), but FTP works:

ftp://lc.miebachwetter.de/gtalc/

• Like 2

Actually, all of the mods in http://gtaforums.com/topic/120808-the-thread-that-started-it-all/page-514?do=findComment&comment=4073670(latest version of the Unofficial Mods first post) should still be online on my server, even though it doesn't serve HTTP anymore (invalidating all links in the post), but FTP works:

ftp://lc.miebachwetter.de/gtalc/

Got all of them, thanks! Those will be presereved along with other, long-lost mods :)

The unofficial mods thread has been restored. It doesn't have tables currently, but I placed a basic placeholder for the time being.

LCnqhrS.png

my main man ngclan has gone and fixed the ak so claude holds it like a true rifle now

LCnqhrS.png

my main man ngclan has gone and fixed the ak so claude holds it like a true rifle now

How the hell did you make this possible?! :O

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

*citizen snips*

How the hell did you make this possible?! :O

I think he told me through exe hacking or something like that

anyway I found a foolproof way of doing conversions from III > VC, it's very tedious but the results come out PERFECT, I'll show something soon but I've already converted a handful of animations that were missing like walk_civi and run_gang1, as well as the rifle anims

edit: walk_gang1 done, replaced PUNCHR with an animation of zooming out the rifle so claude doesn't swat at the air anymore right after he shoots

Edited by Mr. Jago
  • Like 5

just wondering, what would you guys think if I changed the python so you could fire it while running? the gun is a 100% reward so it doesn't matter as much in terms of balancing, and I'll even take the animation from III's own files, it'd be pretty neat

also animations are coming along good, I've converted the jumping animations, idle_rocket, the falling and landing animations, and a few more walk cycles, and I've redone idle_stance so the arms and legs stay still

edit:

0fYiJff.png

Edited by Mr. Jago
  • Like 5

The Python could get replaced by the Deagle, it would be kinda better, imo.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

it should stay like that, or use LCS weapons for vc variants.

OK - just saying tho. I think that making the Python be shot from one hand would be weird.

@Jeansowaty, I agree with you. for god sake using mixed III and LCS anims it'll look imo better. Even Deagle in SA/IV use 2 hands to handle it.

Edited by zmudziak32

OK - just saying tho. I think that making the Python be shot from one hand would be weird.

it's not gonna be shot using one hand, the plan is to rip the two-handed shooting from 3's crouch-firing animation then make it so you can run while doing that

it's not gonna be shot using one hand, the plan is to rip the two-handed shooting from 3's crouch-firing animation then make it so you can run while doing that

Ah, this would work.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3k6wd93i90cp1ej

just felt like giving a little sneak peak :D a few bugs so far, only one I'm not sure how to squash is the player rotating weirdly when you press the movement keys during the falling animation. anyway, animations contents so far:

car_hookertalk
DRIVE_BOAT
FALL_collapse
FALL_fall
FALL_glide
FALL_land
FIGHT2IDLE
FIGHThead
FIGHTIDLE
FIGHTknee
FIGHTLhook
FIGHTppunch
FIGHTpunch
FIGHTrndhse
getup
HIT_back
HIT_behind
HIT_bodyblow
HIT_chest
HIT_front
HIT_head
HIT_L
HIT_walk
idle_armed
idle_rocket
*idle_stance
idle_taxi
JUMP_launch
KICK_floor
KO_shot_stom
*run_back
run_fatold
run_gang1
*run_player
*run_rocket
run_rocket_left
run_rocket_right
SHOT_leftP
SHOT_partial
SHOT_rightP
*sprint_civi
sprint_panic
walk_armed
walk_back
walk_civi
walk_fatold
walk_gang1
walk_gang2
walk_left
walk_player
walk_right
walk_rocket
walk_start
walk_start_back
walk_start_left
walk_start_right
walk_start_rocket
weapon_AK_body
weapon_AK_rload
WEAPON_bat_h
WEAPON_bat_v
*woman_idlestance
* = reconverted due to bugs with the original, the rest were 100% missing from vanilla lc. walk_armed is improvised using different animations since III doesn't have its own, will improve on

also source files will be uploaded sometime soon

Edited by Mr. Jago

spaceeinstein

These animations are looking great.

These animations are looking great.

wanna know my secret? there is no secret, I applied the animations to vice city's player model and manually redid the leg, arm, and sometimes head movements from scratch, aligning each bone using a separate rig that I also had open and had bones corresponding to III's

frame by frame, piece by piece

it's horrible I don't know how I did so many

edit: btw I love your vice city drinking mod and would gladly follow this process to make an animation for it, III on the ps2 has an unused drinking animation in its files and I think it'd look great

edit2: SH*T ngclan did one or two of the fighting anims and I totally forgot to mention it

Edited by Mr. Jago

spaceeinstein

I'm glad you enjoyed my mod. It would be good with a drunk animation.

A lot of progress on documenting SFX. You can preview my progress on LC here. It is an interactive page that allows you to listen VC's SFX alongside LC's replacement. It uses HTML5's audio tag playing WAV files so not all browsers can preview the SFX.

I've found that the game controls cars' sirens and alarms in about the same location so I tried reassigning the car's alarm to a different sound:

It almost works. I don't know how to remove the pause between each sound. I replaced the unused AK sound (SFX 52) with III's car alarm sound, changed the Banshee's siren SFX to 52, and made the game play the siren SFX instead of the horn SFX when the car alarm is triggered.

• 1 month later...

Off-topic, can someone tell me why the author of this thread is banned?

Craig Kostelecky

I don't recall any specific circumstances of his banning, but I do remember that he was a very polarizing guy. And he could very easily rub people the the wrong way. The admins likely decided he wasn't worth headache. I have not heard from him in many years.

It's kind of a shame at the same time though, I heard was a very talented modder back then.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you enjoyed my mod. It would be good with a drunk animation.

A lot of progress on documenting SFX. You can preview my progress on LC here. It is an interactive page that allows you to listen VC's SFX alongside LC's replacement. It uses HTML5's audio tag playing WAV files so not all browsers can preview the SFX.

Comparing those SFX files gives me a feeling that some of the files in GTA III are much better than the Vice City counterparts. Ofcourse I still get some errors on Intel GPUs. This needs to be fixed though.

I don't know if you guys like the idea, but why don't you guys make the cut first person mode too? It was cut from GTA III, but the animations still remain, one of them even uses the VC animation system. I think the first person look in the classic control setting (controller mode) is a very simplistic version of it, a leftover.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all: Nice to see that there's still progress on the mod! I'm a huge fan *manly fangirling off*
Is it possible to restore the clothes-changing feature? 'Cause I've been trying for years, maybe a decade (not continously :D) to make it work again, but it always made the game crash at the cutscenes or after a while or didn't work at all.

• 3 weeks later...
spaceeinstein

@FidoX, I figured out a fix to the game crashing when starting cutscenes. I am working on implementing the fix for all cutscenes. So far I have only done most of Portland but you can test it out right away here. Turn on debug mode in the gta-lc.ini file first in order to test the clothes changing feature.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

What about some beta III vehicles? For example, the Furore GT, the Beamer and the Buggy that Aztecas and Darthvader20011 made would be a pretty nice addition to the mod..

Some VC cars would fit aswell, with a little editing here and there.

AgLkT87.png

VHkZX6F.png

Well I used them in Vice City too,and they worked good,no bugs or nothing.Try replace someone.

• 3 months later...

Can I get the file "GTA LC BSI.pdb" or source code of Mss32 hook?

This question may be directed to Adrian :)

I want to remove splash screen fix algorithm

Edited by HM128