2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The thread that started it all

Demarest

Wow, that's great.

PS Just in theory, will there ever be Xbox models and animations converted? After all, they're made for skeletal animation system and will fit in just perfectly.

Wow, that's great.

PS Just in theory, will there ever be Xbox models and animations converted? After all, they're made for skeletal animation system and will fit in just perfectly.

I think that's a MM's plan.

• Like 3

Wow, that's great.

I think that's a MM's plan.

tried so hard and got so far

fZbum7v.png?1

but in the end it doesn't even matter

I know it's Linking Park, but there's some fine song that also has these lines as the reference.

• Like 2

Craig Kostelecky

I do not know if the XBox peds will be converted. Obviously, if we have them and they look and function better than what we have there's no reason not to use them. Not sure if things would change with the cutscene head models.

Does the xbox version use cutscene heads too?

yep, the hands are done the same way too, even in vice city

Craig Kostelecky

I know MM knows how to get the PC heads working. I do not know if he would know how to do the same for the XBox models. Of course the head models just go over the top of the other models, so having the PC head on top of the XBox ped should work just fine too.

An automated process for converting the XBox models should be possible. There are 2 potential routes to take with bringing them over. The first being, rebuilding the skeletons to match VC skeleton structure. The other would be modifying VC to handle III models (both rigged and non-rigged versions), this would require some form of conversion of animations which III doesn't have. Personally I'd prefer the second option as this would allow any character models created for III to be used in VC without modification. The way I see it is, the 2 original IFPs, while the game is loading the original VC IFP, I'll have code in place to load III's IFP at the same time, when an animation is loaded from VC's IFP that doesn't exist in III's then perform a conversion of the animation to match III's model structure (the reverse of the program Hammer made to convert III animations to VC). It would be ideal and highly convenient to have this, however that comes with the price, any "convenient hacks" require a great deal of modification to the game's internals (e.g. limit adjusters). Obviously this isn't in high priority just now, so when the time comes to work on this I'll see how complex it'll get.

abstract_sig.png

ModellingMan, it'd be great if you could have the code load GTA III's IFPs as it'd be great to be able to use them on Vice City without any futher rigs. Limit Adjustments? Seems like the launcher would need an update, right?

• Like 1

ModellingMan, it'd be great if you could have the code load GTA III's IFPs as it'd be great to be able to use them on Vice City without any futher rigs. Limit Adjustments? Seems like the launcher would need an update, right?

I can see that as a standalone mod being used on occasion. It would at least give modders the option to use III characters in VC.

I reckon going forward we'll be looking at replacing the launcher and having LC run directly via the original EXE.

abstract_sig.png

Running LC without the laucher would require heavy modifications to the exe anyway.

Edited by Sentrion
  • Like 2

Running LC without the laucher would require heavy modifications to the exe anyway.

But it shouldn't be a problem to rewrite launcher code as asi, what's the point of modifying exe?

Perhaps some day it will be possible to install it via modloader even, who knows :)

Edited by ThirteenAG

alright, I'm going ahead and separating all of the weapon textures into folders to be compiled by magic txd, and now I have a proper plan for what I want to do with the weapons: all weapons that were originally in III remain untouched, all weapons that are from VC will use the PS2 model, all weapons that are from VC but are also in LCS will use the LCS model

sound good? I'm also adding another option (which will now be the default) for HUD icons, in PC style, meaning there's now three delicious flavors to choose from:

2EJ4NpR.pngZLbNqI1.pngDNEcAq8.png

Edited by Mr. Jago

alright, I'm going ahead and separating all of the weapon textures into folders to be compiled by magic txd, and now I have a proper plan for what I want to do with the weapons: all weapons that were originally in III remain untouched, all weapons that are from VC will use the PS2 model, all weapons that are from VC but are also in LCS will use the LCS model

What about Manhunt weapons too?

What about Manhunt weapons too?

not touching them, too high quality (besides spas) and I only really want to use content created for the gta games

btw lovely postal avatar

• Like 2

But it shouldn't be a problem to rewrite launcher code as asi, what's the point of modifying exe?

Perhaps some day it will be possible to install it via modloader even, who knows :)

The possibilities are endless. ASIs are pretty much best option for adding external code as of now. Also, doesn't the exe distribution come under GTAF's warez policy?
  • Like 2

sound good? I'm also adding another option (which will now be the default) for HUD icons, in PC style, meaning there's now three delicious flavors to choose from:

2EJ4NpR.pngZLbNqI1.pngDNEcAq8.png

Er, better use VC models, but using LCS textures. The LCS/VCS/VC PS2 weapons models aren't looking that good. :s

Er, better use VC models, but using LCS textures. The LCS/VCS/VC PS2 weapons models aren't looking that good. :s

I'll have to compare them side by side to be sure but I know that some lcs weapons have different uvs and overall designs. the textures are super ugly and low-res though, I'd remake them using vc textures like I did with the chainsaw. also...

3hcpQ0Z.png

cut snubnose from vice city, spitting image ain't it :D ? I brought it up with ngclan a little while back and we thought it'd be a cool little nod

Edited by Mr. Jago
  • Like 3

I would like to see VC guns in III style aswell. By that I mean replacing their triggers with III guns ones, and remap the UVW. They will be more III styled. :D

The possibilities are endless. ASIs are pretty much best option for adding external code as of now. Also, doesn't the exe distribution come under GTAF's warez policy?

The thing with ASIs is that they are loaded after the initial start up of the game. For LC, there are certain hacks which need to be ran at run-time (which are currently done by the launcher), hence, in the next release, all hacks will be located in a proxy dinput8.dll.

abstract_sig.png

Dinput8 is the best and widely used external library loader so far. Speaking of ASIs, you guys really need to fix the weird texture bugs with Intel and a few other GPUs.

• Like 2

Pretty silly policy if you ask me, I've always thought allowing trusted members to upload exe's was fine.

The thing with ASIs is that they are loaded after the initial start up of the game. For LC, there are certain hacks which need to be ran at run-time (which are currently done by the launcher), hence, in the next release, all hacks will be located in a proxy dinput8.dll.

But it will not be compatible with asi loader(and most likely with modloader). Perhaps it's better to use asi loader itself instead? (this one I mean) Edited by ThirteenAG

Pretty silly policy if you ask me, I've always thought allowing trusted members to upload exe's was fine.Something to do with old affiliation policies from Rockstar. Also, the trusted members group at GTAGarage was deleted. I think the policies need reviewing.
  • Like 2

But it will not be compatible with asi loader(and most likely with modloader). Perhaps it's better to use asi loader itself instead? (this one I mean)

1. Bundle the loader inside our dinput8.dll

2. ???

3. Profit!

EDIT:

VCSPC does this since ages and I'm yet to hear anyone complaining.

Edited by Silent
  • Like 4

Since the original topic got deleted (unofficial mods for GTA: LC), just thought I'd ask you guys if you want me to share some of them? I was lucky enough to pretty much download the entire database, with the exception of 3-4 mods before everything disappeared :-P. So yeah, let me know if you need any of the following:

GPS Radar pack

Captain Funebrero's GTA: LC weapon pack

Captain Funebrero's GTA: LC weapon pack (additional textures or fixes?)

GTA LC: Northern lights by SpaceEinstein

GTA LC: XBOX menu texture

GTA LC: Intercity highway (the iconic one, originally made by Illspirit & Odie)

GTA LC: Road textures (Whatever that is)

GTA LC: Ultimate Stunt Park, (originally made by Odie)

Liberty Studios 3.3 (by Ceedj)

Skin pack 01 (unknown)

Claude for GTA-VC (by Silver007)

GTA LC Main Salvatore weapon icons (whatever that is)

GTA:LC Identity cheats by Konstantinos

SS Vale bridge

Non-hostile gangs for GTA LC by Konstantinos

and last but not least - ULCM aka Ultimate Liberty City Map consisting of Intercity Highway, Miss Liberty, Ultimate Stunt Park & few other extras.

Also, keep in mind that I have a very nice collection of authentic (original) map mods for GTA3, including Stunt Park, Miss Liberty, Intercity Highway, Illando Island (by Illspirit), LakeSide Island, Orbital City, Rockstar Heights, Lighthouse bridge & Ultimate Ghosttown mod, which was known at some point as "Open tunnels mod". So if any of you would like to convert any of these into GTA LC, send me a message :-)

• Like 2

Why not make a thread with the files reuploaded to Mediafire or something? :-)