The thread that started it all

Demarest

beta2 v7test5

In retrospect, I do believe that is the worst name for a release ever.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. So many numbers, they don't even make sense.

abstract_sig.png

new pack (the whole thing this time, forget all the other links I've posted):

https://www.mediafire.com/?am1b92b4149530p

because I'm lazy and don't feel like typing everything out again, here's a snippet from the readme:

Wot it Does

-----------------------------
*Optimizes all of the textures to be in Vice City format, with basic compression instead of 32-bit/8-bit textures all over the place.
*Replaces the loading screens with the PS2 versions, they no longer have logos and are uncompressed so they should look better overall.
*Replaces all of the weapon icons with their 10YA counterparts (taken from VC and recolored), which are double the resolution.
- Adding onto this, the in-game font has been updated to be twice its normal resolution, making for a cleaner appearance.
*Particle textures have been redone using PS2 files from Vice City and III with full DXT1 and DXT 5 compression (as well as mip-maps), the car
shadow for instance should no longer look "muddy" any more.
*Generic map textures (gtaiii.txd) have been updated with full DXT1 and DXT5 compression (as well as mip-maps), and some have been replaced with higher-res
counterparts found within the game files.
*All of the Vice City weapons have been replaced with their PS2 counterparts. Not exactly a fix pertaining to the mod, but it seemed necessary anyway.
-Adding to this, the shotgun, M16, and grenade, as well as the flame thrower have been reconverted to better match the ones from III.
*Rerigged p_wom2 (the one in the blue clothes and backpack) so her head no longer floats away from her neck.
*All of the vehicle reflections have been replaced with the original one from III, and the engine texture for each vehicle has been replaced with a
higher-res version.
*Some TXDs have been picked clean of dead weight, generic.txd for example is only the money texture now.
Extras
*Player model from an earlier version of the mod has been included, as it takes better advantage of the skeletal animation system.
The shoulders for instance move naturally with the arms, which no longer "snap" inside Claude whenever he backs up.
*PS2 GUI pack has been included, which has the appropriate radar blips, crosshair, and redone 10YA icons.
*III-style Faggio included, based off the one seen in LCS. Thanks for your original pack, MAJEST1C_R3.
*10-year anniversary map textures. All of the tags have been changed, as well as the traffic cone, which is now blue.

thank you to anyone who's testing, and I hope this is considered for inclusion in the mod :) some tiny screens included in the download:

lfpOn4Q.png1wli9Ix.pngAGxJMbR.png

Edited by Mr. Jago

new pack (the whole thing this time, forget all the other links I've posted):

https://www.mediafire.com/?am1b92b4149530p

because I'm lazy and don't feel like typing everything out again, here's a snippet from the readme:

Wot it Does

*Optimizes all of the textures to be in Vice City format, with basic compression instead of 32-bit/8-bit textures all over the place.
*Replaces the loading screens with the PS2 versions, they no longer have logos and are uncompressed so they should look better overall.
*Replaces all of the weapon icons with their 10YA counterparts (taken from VC and recolored), which are double the resolution.
- Adding onto this, the in-game font has been updated to be twice its normal resolution, making for a cleaner appearance.
*Particle textures have been redone using PS2 files from Vice City and III with full DXT1 and DXT 5 compression (as well as mip-maps), the car
shadow for instance should no longer look "muddy" any more.
*Generic map textures (gtaiii.txd) have been updated with full DXT1 and DXT5 compression (as well as mip-maps), and some have been replaced with higher-res
counterparts found within the game files.
*All of the Vice City weapons have been replaced with their PS2 counterparts. Not exactly a fix pertaining to the mod, but it seemed necessary anyway.
-Adding to this, the shotgun, M16, and grenade, as well as the flame thrower have been reconverted to better match the ones from III.
*Rerigged p_wom2 (the one in the blue clothes and backpack) so her head no longer floats away from her neck.
*All of the vehicle reflections have been replaced with the original one from III, and the engine texture for each vehicle has been replaced with a
higher-res version.
*Some TXDs have been picked clean of dead weight, generic.txd for example is only the money texture now.
Extras
*Player model from an earlier version of the mod has been included, as it takes better advantage of the skeletal animation system.
The shoulders for instance move naturally with the arms, which no longer "snap" inside Claude whenever he backs up.
*PS2 GUI pack has been included, which has the appropriate radar blips, crosshair, and redone 10YA icons.
*III-style Faggio included, based off the one seen in LCS. Thanks for your original pack, MAJEST1C_R3.
*10-year anniversary map textures. All of the tags have been changed, as well as the traffic cone, which is now blue.

thank you to anyone who's testing, and I hope this is considered for inclusion in the mod :) some tiny screens included in the download:

lfpOn4Q.png1wli9Ix.pngAGxJMbR.png

Works wonderfully!

Btw guys, feel free to include this in the mod: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/download.php?f=36066. It restores the idle animations from Vice City. The link I posted in a GTA LC version.

Also, if you're looking for any other "additions", I made an actually modelled stadium interior for the LCS:PC mod, if anyone wants I can edit it and make it more III-styled.

mzyV9Fil.jpg

Click for full res picture (1920x1080)

Edited by Kalvin

what the f*ck... claude is riding a faggio and a cock is on the stadium...

congrats on this thread guys, it's worth it

you know I just thought about it... there's like no info whatsoever on what this mod is. if someone completely unfamiliar just hopped into this subforum I wouldn't blame them for thinking that it's a mod for III that adds bikes or something

edit: pack update coming soon, I'm fixing up a bunch of textures that were broken in vanilla III

Edited by Mr. Jago

I suggest that we use the Claude model from GTA LC 3.1 as it is much better compared to the one from 3.3

Anyhow, I added the LCS chainsaw to the game and I think it looks good. Should this be included?

k3no6eX.jpg

Here's a link to download the chainsaw. And here a link to restore the original LC icons. I prefer the old low-res ones myself. :-)

Edited by theNGclan
  • Like 2

hm good aesthetics but the quality is too poopy for my standards

Sc7atEk.png

remade it. thoughts? also yeah I don't think wardrum did enough with the 10ya icons, a lot of them are strangely low-detail and kind-of blobby looking and unstylized. I think I might play around with them a bit I don't know

Edited by Mr. Jago

Sc7atEk.png

remade it. thoughts? also yeah I don't think wardrum did enough with the 10ya icons, a lot of them are strangely low-detail and kind-of blobby looking and unstylized. I think I might play around with them a bit I don't know

That looks wonderful. Mind sending the chainsaw my way?

Sc7atEk.png

That looks wonderful. Mind sending the chainsaw my way?

yeah man don't worry I got you I--OOPS I DROPPED IT

dropped_spaghetti.jpg

Craig Kostelecky

you know I just thought about it... there's like no info whatsoever on what this mod is. if someone completely unfamiliar just hopped into this subforum I wouldn't blame them for thinking that it's a mod for III that adds bikes or something

The forum used to explain the mod a lot better before it was erased a few months ago. So much was lost and I simply do not have the time to rebuild it. I'm hoping when the big release happens, we'll have something done up.

The forum used to explain the mod a lot better before it was erased a few months ago. So much was lost and I simply do not have the time to rebuild it. I'm hoping when the big release happens, we'll have something done up.

yeah man I'm hoping we pull off some sort of blitzkrieg marketing plan once it's all done up but for now something's gotta be done

I'm half-thinking of just completely ripping this old thing and sending you it in the raw

anyone know where the textures for the saint mark's interior are located? I just noticed that they're missing from my txds

also can anyone hook me up with lcs files? I want to see if anything from that game can be repurposed for this mod

anyone know where the textures for the saint mark's interior are located? I just noticed that they're missing from my txds

also can anyone hook me up with lcs files? I want to see if anything from that game can be repurposed for this mod

The Argento from LCS would be a perfect addition for this mod :cool:

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

Check your PMs ;)

yeah man I'm hoping we pull off some sort of blitzkrieg marketing plan once it's all done up but for now something's gotta be done

I'm half-thinking of just completely ripping this old thing and sending you it in the raw

Here's a few things I found in this thread, perhaps they'll be useful.

EDIT: Seems like formatting got messed up after I posted and the tables that the forums used to use aren't around anymore. Spoilers also messed up, so that's too bad.

Frequently Asked Questions 1

GTA:LC Frequently Asked Questions Q. Is it possible to install two copies of Vice City on my computer? A. Yes, infact you can have as many copies as you like. All you do is right-click your Vice City folder and select copy, then you can paste it anywhere you like, now you can install GTA:LC and have your original copy of Vice City. Q. When I try to install GTA:LC the installer fails, what do i do? A. crazydude made a topic on how to install the mod manually, find it here Q. Aren't you guys ripping GTA:WO? A. When PineCreek-Skidz decided to no longer work on the original GTA:LC files, he relinquished them to 2 teams, GTA:WO being one of them. They had emerged many times over promising to release a beta of GTA:WO. They never came true on these claims as they never actually put any work into it. After much public pressure, they released what they referred to as GTA:WO beta 1 which was in fact just a repackage of Skidz's work. Our work has been built off of Skidz's foundation with his permission from day 2. He has even helped us along the way. So as you can see, WO's only contribution to this entire project is stunting its growth to the tune of about 5 months. Q. Can I use custom player models from GTA3 in GTA:LC? A. You cannot use the exact model, it must be converted to work in VC/LC. If you would like to learn how to do it then there is tutorials/scripts for both Blender and 3d Studio Max r3/Character Studio. You can get Hollower's Blender script/tutorial from here, Steve M's 3d Studio Max tutorial is found on his website. Q. Why aren't the peds and gang members in GTA:LC? A. Vice City uses a different kind of character structure than GTA3. Me and MarkPagliaro and hopefully killer.ip are converting the peds and gang members to LC. You can find all updates and info here Q. After I install GTA:LC, I load a new game and it crashes 3/4 the way, what's wrong? A. You MUST run the LC Launcher(gta-lc.exe) which is found in the same folder as gta-vc.exe where you installed GTA:LC. Q. I'm not getting any audio, what's wrong? A. This is most likely caused by a missing or misplaced audio file. You must have two audio folders in the same directory as the exe file. The first folder is called "audio" and it should contain all of the files installed by Vice City. Then you should have an "AudioLC" folder. This folder should contain all of the files that are in the audio folder of the GTA3 Play CD. If your GTA3 CD is unavailable, the files needed can be found here. Q. When will I be able to play GTA:LC online? A. While it is possible to play GTA:LC with MTA, it requires some hacking of their client. And the MTA team has asked us not to tell people how to do that. The MTA team is working on a new version of MTA (called "Blue") that will have better support for mods like GTA:LC. You'll have to wait until then. Q. I would like to do missions like the first mission with 8-ball or the Import/Export Garage missions, will these missions ever be included in GTA:LC A. GTA:LC is a total conversion of GTA3 into VC, so all missions will be included sometime in the future. The mission script will be the longest part of this mod. Updates to the mission script can be found in the MISSION CODING thread. Q. I have found a bug/glitch/incomplete in GTA:LC where do I report it? A. Anything you find in GTA:LC thats looks different than GTA3 should be reported to the Bugs, Glitches and Incomplete topic which is found here Q. I have created my own mod for GTA:LC, where do I release it? A. There is an Unofficial Mods section where you can post all your mods for GTA:LC, it is found here. Q. I have found a big problem when playing GTA:LC, where can I get help? A. Get all the help you need from the Help Topic. Q. Is it possible to use GTA3 radio stations in LC? A. Yes, all the info you need about radio stations is found in the Readme. Q. I want to mod cars but I don't know which one is which, where is the GTA:LC car conversion list? (TwoZero) A. The official car list is found in the "Vehicles" thread, here is the link to the exact post. Q. I want to use my own cars, can I install them please? A. Of course, you can install anything in this mod that suits you. Q. Can I use Trainer's that I use for Vice City? (GTA Firefighter) A. Yes just use it the same as you would use it for Vice City, but I am unsure about Garage Editors. Q. I want to use Lith Joe's Trainer, but when I do the game crashes when loading, how do I fix this? (Samutz) A. You are probably using the Start vice button which runs gta-vc.exe, so what to do is start the trainer then manually run gta-lc.exe. Or read this I'm sure there are plenty more questions to be answered. So any moderators who want to add/edit this please do so, and if anyone else who wants to add a Q and A please PM me and I'll add it.

Frequently Asked Questions 2

Frequently Asked Questions

Ok, so here it is, your one-stop reference point for everything to do with GTA:LC! Please read each of the following questions and answers carefully before posting - this post will be updated each time a new question is asked so you don't have to search through pages and pages of posts to find an answer. This topic is intended for everyone from people new to GTA:LC to those who've been here since the beginning, so some of the questions may seem a bit basic or advanced depending on your level of knowledge about the mod. Here we go...

Question Answer What is GTA:LC? GTA:LC (Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City) is a total conversion modification for GTA: Vice City which aims to bring the GTA3 game to the improved Vice City engine, giving you many added features (eg - motorbikes, helicopters, interiors for buildings, etc.)

The current version of the game is Beta2v5b, however, the LC team is currently working towards the release of Beta2v6 or Beta2 Final. How do I install GTA:LC? The first thing you need to do is to download it from the Download The Mod Here thread.

The only requirement for the game is to have an unmodified version Vice City completely installed (including the radio stations) on your hard-drive.

Make a copy of your Vice City folder, and rename the copy to GTA-LC or something similar.

Extract the installer and read-me from the .zip file.

If you wish to have the cutscene audio in game, have your GTA3 CD with you for the installation - it is not necessary, however, to have it to complete installation.

Follow the onscreen prompts to complete installation.

More information on installing the game can be found in the readme that comes with the installer.

NOTE - GTA:LC will not work with the German or Australian versions of Vice City as they use different EXEs with different offsets which will not work with the current launcher. However, this only applies to the launcher within the v5b package - to get the version that is fully compatible with all VC EXEs, see Hammer83's update in this topic for download links. How can I unlock the 3 islands to explore GTA:LC without completing the missions? Ok, there are two ways in which to do this - one is complicated, and one is simple. Use whichever way you like - here goes, with the complicated one first.

GTA:LC has an in-built debug feature for testing. It unlocks all of the islands and all of the missions, and gives you 250 Health and Armor, as well as $100 000. It also shows your location in red text in the top left corner of the screen.

To turn the debug feature on (which gives you these extras), open up your main.scm.txt file (it's in your GTA-LC/data folder) with BW's Mission Builder 1.5 (you will need to select your GTA-LC folder when prompted) and search for 0004: $MASTERLCDEBUG = 0 and change the 0 to 1. Recompile the main.scm (this may take a few minutes) by pressing F7.

Don't forget to start a new game - ANYTIME THE MAIN.SCM FILE IS MODIFIED, YOU MUST START A NEW GAME - SAVE GAMES WILL NO LONGER WORK.

You can also switch back to "normal" settings by turning the debug feature off again. To do that, simply do the same as turning it on, but change the 1 back to a 0. Don't forget to recompile again.

Alternatively, you can download the latest version of the main.scm file from here , which has three .scm files included - main.scm, which is the default script for LC (with the debug feature off), DEBUG.SCM, which has the debug feature on, and LC_Stripped.txt.scm, which is a stripped scm file (meaning that it only has the bare minimum features for gameplay - no missions, no parked cars, etc.).

To use any of the scm's, simply rename them to main.scm and place them in your LC/data folder - don't forget to backup the main.scm that's already in there first! Where can I find a 100% game save for GTA:LC? There currently is no 100% save game for GTA:LC that is complete because the main.scm is constantly changing, meaning that any save games are no longer compatible. However, you can turn the debug feature on - it will give you similar features to a 100% game save for the time being.

Alternatively, you can download the 100% save made by Konstantinos (excellent work cookie.gif !) fromhere . Note that this save file crashes on some people's computers, so use it at your own risk. As the LC team is currently concentrating all of their efforts on finalising v6, please do not report bugs with this save file. To use this save file, you will need the latest version of the main.scm script which can be found here . Why isn't GTA:LC being made in a manner that utilises all of the features from the VC game engine, instead of only some? The main aim of LC is to import the entire GTA3 game into the improved VC engine keeping the game more-or-less the same. By using more VC features, the game is being altered more dramatically and does not stick to LC's original purpose.

If you wish to add extra VC features to your game, feel free to make your own mods, and release them in the Unofficial Mods topic. Where are all of the motorbikes and helicopters? In Portland, there are no motorbikes driving around. However, there are several parked around the city (eg - there's a PCJ-600 parked at the building where you go to complete the Fuzz Ball mission for Luigi).

In Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale, you will see motorbikes driving around quite regularly, as well as other sportscars.

Helicopters can be found in various locations around the city - there is a Maverick at Francis International Airport (on the helipad near one of the Dodos), as well as on the roof of the Love Media building (walk through the doors of the building to be spawned onto the roof); a Sea Sparrow on the roof of Kenji's Casino; a HEAD Radio chopper on the roof of the HEAD Radio building in Portland (jump off the railway tracks to get there); and an LCPD Maverick on the roof of the LCPD building on Staunton Island, as well as at the back of the police station in Shoreside Vale.

There is currently discussions regarding what to do with the location of the Hunter, and when it should appear in v6 - it looks set to spawn in Atlantic Quays (near the Triad Fish Factory in Portland) after the mission "The Exchange" is completed, and another is set to spawn at Phil's barracks on Staunton Island after you have collected 100 hidden packages. Currently (in v5b), however, the Hunter is at Phil's Army Barracks (with the debug feature on, or after the completion of his mission "Arms Shortage"), and another shows spawns in Portland (at the location described above).

The Dodo can be found at the airport (as per GTA3), and the Sea Sparrow is at Asuka's jetty.

NOTE - These helicopters and the Skimmer may not appear until after Shoreside Vale has been unlocked. If you can't wait that long to fly around in one, see above for how to turn the debug feature on to unlock extra features. The installer won't work for me - can I mod VC manually? In a word, no. You'd have to do all of the work that the LC team has done over the past 2 years yourself. You're best of waiting for the release of v6, which will include a manual install function as well as an automatic one.

Before trying a manual installation, you can perhaps try turning off your antivirus software - in some cases, your AV software will continually scanner the installer/extracted files, hence effectively stopping the installation process.

If that doesn't work, you can actually install the game manually by using the following method (NOTE - some users still experience game-play problems after installing this way for unknown reasons - use at your own risk):

-Run the installer until it freezes

-Click "Start", "Run" and type %temp% - then press Enter

-In a folder beginning with pdk-, there should be a file named "gtalc_setup.7z" (if you can't find it, search the directory for it and it'll appear). Copy this file to some other place on your hard drive (e.g. your Desktop)

-Close the installer using Ctrl+Alt+Del -> "End Task". The original gtalc_setup.7z will be deleted

-Open gtalc_setup.7z in the new location using WinRAR or similar decompression software, or use 7-Zip

-The files that you will see are essentially the files that are copied across in the installation process

-Now extract/copy these files into your LC folder (copy your VC folder and rename it to LC, or something similar), choosing "Yes To All" to overwrite relevant files

Note that by installing in this manner, you will not have the Show Config utility added to your LC directory. To get it, right click in your LC directory and select New -> Shortcut. Make the target location "C:\<your LC directory>\gta-lc.exe" -showconfig. Why won't my GTA:LC start? I had no problems installing it, but when I open gta-lc.exe, the screen goes black, then my desktop shows. What's wrong? The LC team currently has no idea why the game simply won't work for some people. You're best bet is to wait for v6 and hope that your problem is fixed somehow with a new installer. Sorry. Why won't any trainers that work with GTA:VC work with GTA:LC? Most should. To get them to work, do the following - there should be a shortcut to the launcher called "Show Config" in your GTA:LC directory. Double click on it, and click on "Advanced..." From this screen, go to the tab at the top that reads "Game Parameters". There should be a checkbox on this page called "Change Taskbar Text and Icon". Make sure it is unchecked. This should make all well-known Vice City trainers work with GTA:LC.

Also, you can open up your "gta-lc.ini" file with Notepad and search for "ChangeTaskBar=1". Change the 1 to a 0 and save. Most trainers should now work.

The LC team may look into developing an LC specific trainer after the public release of v6. Are there any car spawners that will work for GTA:LC? Yes - you can get one from here . However, this will only work with v5b.

It may work with v6test, but only if it reads the model ID#s and not the model names.

As with the trainer, the LC team may look into developing an LC specific car spawner after the public release of v6. Will RealGTA3 work with GTA:LC? Unfortunately, no. RealGTA3 is a collection of mods for GTA3, not Vice City. A lot of work would have to be done, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would work. Perhaps someone may start work on a RealLC after GTA:LC has been finalised, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. Will any GTA3 or Vice City mods work with GTA:LC? GTA3 mods will most likely not work - well, they could, but you'd have to change them so they could run on the Vice City game engine. That's a lot of very complicated work.

Vice City mods should work, however, they may have to be tweaked slightly. The simplest way of putting it is, try it. If it works, then have fun. If it doesn't, just forget about it. Can I play GTA:LC with the Vice City radio stations instead of with the GTA3 ones? Yes, it should work. Just open the Show Config utility in your LC folder, and click Advanced. Go to the Audio tab, and select a radio station (they're the top few) and click on Restore. Do this for all of your radio stations, and then click Apply. I have no cutscene audio. What's wrong? You have to install it during the installation process. If you don't have a GTA3 CD, then you won't be able to have cutscene audio. Sorry.

If you want to know what's being said, go to Options, Display Settings, and turn Subtitles to On. The in-game sound effects are from Vice City. How can I fix this? Not all of the sound effects have been converted yet. For some reason, they don't work on everyone's PC - this may be a problem with the installer.

More sounds will be converted for v6, and the new installer should hopefully correct this problem. What still needs to be fixed before GTA:LC is complete? There's still several things that need to be fixed, some major, a lot minor. Here is a list of some of the things (these may or may not be fixed for the release of v6):

- There are still problems with a few missions (eg - Van Heist, Sayonara Salvatore and Bullion Run).

- The fire colour is yellow at the moment - in GTA3, it is darker (more like orange).

- The introduction cinematic (where Catalina shoots Claude) is incomplete.

- There are still some problems with cutscene animation - see for yourself.

- The bridge to Shoreside Vale currently does not ring when it is going up - be careful!

- Several of the peds and the ped dialogue still has to be converted from GTA3.

- Replays currently do not work - no-one really knows why.

- Some of the weapons are still incomplete (eg - the shotgun from the police car).

- Currently, only Vice City cheats work for GTA:LC - this may be changed. Why does Asuka's mission "Under Surveillance" have perfect cutscene audio by default? The audio in 'Under Surveillance' was changed between the PS2 version and the PC version. For some reason, Rockstar changed what Asuka said (in the original PC version, she says the FBI is watching you, but in the PS2 it's the Mob). And since it's the mafia guys that you have to take care of during the mission, Craig made the decision to restore the PS2 audio for that. So whether you have the GTA3 audio or not, you will have the audio for at least that mission. Can you list all of the buildings that have interiors? Currently, Joey's Garage is the only building that has an interior as such (although it's inaccessible). The Marco's Bistro Interior (as designed by silver007) may be included in v6, however, Craig hasn't made the final decision on that yet.

If you go to Donald Love's building and enter the doors (not while missions are active) you will be spawned to the roof, with access to a Maverick. Similarly, if you walk into the doors of the LCPD Headquarters, you will be spawned onto the roof, with access to a LCPD Maverick.

If you would like to request an interior, go to the Unofficial Mods topic and post a request there. Why doesn't the army appear even though I've reached 6 wanted stars? The army.txd file is corrupted, but is being fixed for v6. You can get one that is nearly complete (although still potentially buggy) here .

You may simply prefer to use the one from Vice City as it isn't buggy. However, regardless of which you choose, simply replace the army.txd in the gta3.img file using Spooky's IMG Tool 2.0 .

NOTE - Do this at your own risk. We recommend backing up your original gta3.img file first. If you are unsure of exactly how to do this, then please don't - we won't be helping you. This is not theTutorial Forum . LIBERTY CITY FOR SAN ANDREAS: Can someone make a mod that puts Liberty City in the San Andreas game engine? It's already started - go and check out this topic . VC-MP: I'm having problems with LC-MP, can someone please help me? Not here they can't. Whilst the VC-MP (Vice City Multiplayer) developers support GTA:LC (and vice-versa), the LC team is not responsible for any problems encountered whilst playing LC-MP. If you have problems, post in the VC-MP forum . FIXING THE NO-CD PROBLEM Note: For more information on this problem, go here . My game claims there is no CD even though Vice City is already in the drive, how do I fix this? First click on the "Show Config" shortcut. Then click on the Advanced button. This gets you into the launcher's interface. Once there, click on the Audio tab. In the Audio section you will find a button that says "Verify paths" Click that. If you have this problem, then you will most likely see this error message:

QUOTE Error

.\Audio\Wild.ADF is not found!

Now what you have to do is go into your Audio folder and look for the WILD.ADF file. It's probably not there. Open up your Vice City play disc and copy that file over to your audio folder. The radio stations must be on your hard drive for this mod to work. Once that's done, click on the Verify paths button again. Now it will probably say:

QUOTE Error

.\Audio\FLASH.ADF is not found!

Repeat the previous step but make sure you copy the FLASH.adf file over. Keep repeating this process until the Verify paths buttons says: QUOTE All files valid.

If the Verify paths button says all files are valid and you're still getting that error message, let me know and we'll try to find out what's wrong. I"m not getting a WILD.ADF error message but a "HEAD.wav not found" error message. I don't have GTA3, what should I do? If that's the case, click on the Restore button right underneath the New path text box for each file that's a problem. Repeat until all files are valid - this will revert back to the VC radio stations, NOT the GTA3 ones.

If you don't want VC radio stations, then you can simply use blank .wav files for each of your GTA3 radio stations and put them in the audioLC folder - see this package (which includes both the blank GTA3 and VC radio). The radio stations won't play but the game should still run smoothly - if you want audio while you're driving a car, you can just listen to the MP3 player (put .mp3 files in the "mp3" folder in your LC directory).

NOTE - Some of these will only relate to v5, and are a bit out-of-date. The full list of questions and answers will be updated after the public release of v6.

Home of GTA:LC

gtalcintro.jpg

Welcome to the home of GTA:LC. This is the introductory topic to help you get the most out of this project.

- Thanks to gtaforums.com, Tank, and illspirit for their support and effort in giving this project the room it needs to effectively grow and develop.

- GTA:LC is not a project for developing free-standing mods. Our primary goal is to fully convert GTA III into VC's engine. The finished product will be as close a replica to the original GTA III as possible. All OFFICIAL work will be aimed towards that goal. If you have mods, ideas, suggestions, or requests for things that are not in GTA III, you are welcome to post them in the UNOFFICIAL MODS thread.

- This is a public project. While those involved do have a family feeling, anybody is free to contribute in any way they feel they can and those who have contributed can walk away at any time. PineCreek-Skidz pioneered the GTA:LC files with help from Run down that guy!! I have lead the effort for this particular application of the GTA:LC files with help from Knux, but it is still a public project. Most every aspect of the mod's development is public fueled. And now killer.ip is also a co-leader as well as the other moderator for this forum.

- We are in NO WAY affiliated or associated with GTA:WO. PineCreek-Skidz pioneered the GTA:LC files with help from Run down that guy!! The files were then exclusively released to GTA:WO and LC2004. LC2004 was very active, but had the goal of a totally different mod. It is now officially dead. GTA:WO has big dreams of LC and VC in one game, multiplayer support, etc. Their leader Redspike has made many empty promises to the public over the months and in fact their team has done little with the files in their time with them. They were the first to actually release the GTA:LC files to the public, whereby the GTA:LC effort was formed. So WO has made NO efforts in our favor and we do not work for them. Our work is public, so they as well as anybody else are free to benefit from our progress. We hope that this openness will actually encourage others to get involved as it already has.

- Although it may be confusing to use the exact same name for the team as the original files came to be known by, there is a reason for it. I originally came up with the idea to call the conversion effort GTA:LC as the name itself is the perfect blend of GTA III and GTA:VC. Since this project is focused on exactly that, I've decided to keep that name.

- For the longest time, this project was restricted to a single thread. This made the project, its info, and its downloads very disorienting for newcomers and alumni alike. Having our own forum will make progress for both that much easier. As a result, we would like to keep this forum as clean as possible. So if you would like to post, please take a moment to make sure you do so in the right place. This will help us all to work together that much more concisely. We are all a friendly bunch, we will take strong efforts to keep our forum clean. So please help us by observing the following rules:

• Only post info/questions in this forum that is specific to this project.
  • Search existing threads/posts before creating a new topic.
  • Post in the thread that best suits your concern/question/information.
  • Do not double post. Use the edit button.
  • Be kind to one another. Abuse towards visitors/contributors here will not be tolerated.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure you are using the most current files.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure it hasn't already bee reported.
  • Before reporting a bug, make sure you have manually rebuilt gta3.img
  • When creating a new topic, make your topic title and description as informative as possible.

- Again, this is a public effort. This is OUR mod. If you have ANYTHING to contribute, even if it's just advice, we want to hear it. If you find anything lacking at all, point it out. Communication has been our most useful ally and will continue to be.

- This entire project is a WIP (work in progress). Therefore incompleteness is to be considered the norm. Because every aspect of this mod is constantly evolving, the pace is fast. We will make our best efforts to keep all data as current as possible. So be sure to visit the first post in each thread and check it's edit date and time to see how current it is compared to the most recent post of progress.

- For those that are used to tracking just our thread and not forums worth of info, here's a trick to help keep you current. When you visit the forum, any thread that has posts you have not read will have an envelope icon next to it that appears lit up.

TO THE CONTRIBUTORS OF THIS MOD

- Be kind to one another. There are going to be disagreements and conflicts of opinion. By our greatest asset is manpower and we can't afford to lose anybody over a difference of opinion. So try to work together and in an honorable manner.

- Since this mod is public, it is up to each of you to take charge of whatever you're doing and do what it takes to make it the official release we're all working towards.

- Some aspects of the mod have several people working on the same thing. Even once an official release version of something has been decided upon, it will still be open for discussion. We want the mod to be as good as possible and settling for anything less than the best should not be an option for any of us. So do not hesitate to challenge the usefullness/efficiency of an official version and don't take offense to those that challenge them.

Help & Questions

Help & Questions Topic

Ok, so here it is, your one-stop reference point for everything to do with GTA:LC! Please read each of the following questions and answers carefully before posting - this post is updated regularly so you don't have to search through pages and pages of posts to find an answer. This topic is intended for everyone from people new to GTA:LC to those who've been here since the beginning, so some of the questions may seem a bit basic or advanced depending on your level of knowledge about the mod. Also, below there is a guideline for installation, as well as a list of common problems. So if you have any questions about LC, or need help, then this is the place to post. Here we go...

Frequently Asked Questions

Question Answer What is GTA:LC? GTA:LC (Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City) is a total conversion modification for GTA: Vice City which aims to bring the GTA3 game to the improved Vice City engine, giving you many added features (eg - motorbikes, helicopters, interiors for buildings, etc.)

The current version of the mod can always be found in the first post of the Beta 3.1 Download topic. How can I unlock the 3 islands to explore GTA:LC without completing the missions? This is actually quite simple, thanks to the fact that GTA:LC has an in-built debug feature for testing - it unlocks all of the islands and all of the missions, and gives you 250 Health and Armor, as well as $1 000 000. It also shows your location in red text in the top left corner of the screen.

To turn the debug feature on (which gives you these extras), open up the Show Config utility, click on Advanced and go to the Debug tab. Ensure that the Use Debug Script box is ticked, and then select Apply and Exit the Show Config utility. Where can I find a 100% game save for GTA:LC? There currently is no 100% save game for GTA:LC because the main.scm is constantly changing, meaning that any save games are no longer compatible. However, you can turn the debug feature on - it will give you similar features to a 100% game save for the time being. Why isn't GTA:LC being made in a manner that utilises all of the features from the VC game engine, instead of only some? The main aim of GTA:LC is to recreate GTA3 on the new and improved VC engine - we are trying to make the sort of game that Rockstar would have had they had the technology of VC when they made GTA3. Prior to the release of Beta2v6, we conducted a poll to give an indication of what sort of features people were looking for, but we could not overlook the aims of the project, so many suggestions were rejected from the official version.

However, if you wish to add extra VC features to your game, feel free to make your own mods, and release them in the Unofficial Mods topic. Where are all of the motorbikes and helicopters? In Portland there are no motorbikes driving around, but only Faggios. However, there are several bikes parked all around Portland (eg - there's a Freeway parked at the building where you go to complete the Fuzz Ball mission for Luigi).

In Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale, you will see motorbikes driving around quite regularly, as well as other sportscars.

Helicopters can be found in various locations around the city - there is a Maverick at Francis International Airport (on the helipad near one of the Dodos), as well as on the roof of the Love Media building (walk through the doors of the building to be spawned onto the roof); a Sea Sparrow on the roof of Kenji's Casino; a HEAD Radio chopper on the roof of the HEAD Radio building in Portland (jump off the railway tracks to get there); and an LCPD Maverick on the roof of the LCPD building on Staunton Island, as well as at the back of the police station in Shoreside Vale.

Regarding the Hunter - it spawns at Phil's Army Barracks on Staunton Island after 100 hidden packages have been collected, and another spawns at Atlantic Quays (near the Triad Fish Factory) in Portland after you have completed the game 100%.

The Dodo can be found at the airport (as per GTA3), and the Skimmer is at Asuka's jetty.

NOTE - These helicopters and the Skimmer will not appear until after Shoreside Vale has been unlocked. If you can't wait that long to fly around in one, see above for how to turn the debug feature on to unlock extra features. Where can I find a trainer/car spawner that will work with GTA:LC? You should be able to use any VC trainer as long as the option "Change taskbar text and icon" on the 'Game Parameters' -> 'System' tab of the 'Show Config utility' is unchecked. You can find the utility inside the GTA:LC directory (or via the start menu link of the same name). Will RealGTA3 work with GTA:LC? Unfortunately, no. RealGTA3 is a collection of mods for GTA3, not Vice City. A lot of work would have to be done, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would work. Perhaps someone may start work on a RealLC after GTA:LC has been finalised, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. Will any GTA3 or Vice City mods work with GTA:LC? GTA3 mods will most likely not work - well, they could, but you'd have to change them so they could run on the Vice City game engine. That's a lot of very complicated work.

Vice City mods should work, however, they may have to be tweaked slightly. The simplest way of putting it is, try it. If it works, then have fun. If it doesn't, just forget about it or - if you’re ambitious - take a look at the conversions part of Ben’s modding guide . Can I play GTA:LC with the Vice City radio stations instead of with the GTA3 ones? Yes - just open the Show Config utility in your LC folder, and click Advanced. Go to the Audio tab, and select a radio station (they're the top 9 entries) and click on Restore. Do this for all of your radio stations, and then click Apply. Why does Asuka's mission "Under Surveillance" have perfect cutscene audio by default? The audio in 'Under Surveillance' was changed between the PS2 version and the PC version. For some reason, Rockstar changed what Asuka said (in the original PC version, she says the police are watching you, but in the PS2 it's the Mafia). And since it's the Mafia guys that you have to take care of during the mission, Craig made the decision to restore the PS2 audio for that. So whether you have the GTA3 audio or not, you will have the audio for at least that mission. What still needs to be fixed before GTA:LC is complete? There's still several things that need to be fixed, some major, a lot minor. For a full list of all bugs and glitches, check out the CHECKLIST FOR GTA: LIBERTY CITY FINAL . Can you list all of the buildings that have interiors? Marco's Bistro Interior (converted by silver007) has been added in v7test4 - a visit might get more interesting in the future. Additionally, Joey's Garage could be said to have an interior (although it's inaccessible).

If you go to Donald Love's building and enter the doors (not while missions are active) you will be spawned to the roof, with access to a Maverick. Similarly, if you walk into the doors of the LCPD Headquarters, you will be spawned onto the roof, with access to a LCPD Maverick.

If you would like to request an interior, go to the Unofficial Mods topic and post a request there. Can someone make a mod that puts Liberty City in the San Andreas game engine? It's already started - go and check out this topic .

NOTE - This is the updated list of questions for Beta2 v7test and later. If you have any questions relating to Beta2 v5b, check out the old FAQ topic which can be found here .

GTA:LC Forum Rules

GTA:LC Forum Rules

Welcome to the GTA:LC forum. This is a fun project, so we are pretty laidback here. However, there are a few rules that everyone should be aware of before going any further into the forum. Firstly, please take the time to read the generalGTAForums.com Rules & Policy if you haven't already. Apart from those, our only other requests to you are as follows:

Rules: Look for an existing topic that might be where your post belongs before starting a new topic - use the Search function if need be.

If you do need to start a new topic, then be aware that topic moderation is on in this forum - this means that any new topics must be cleared by a forum moderator before they are posted. Please don't post in the wrong topic - if you have, make an edit at the bottom of your post and one of the moderators will move/delete it at some stage. Double posting is looked down on here at GTAForums. We're a little more loose with it in the LC forum, though. The only time we have a problem with double posting is when your last post was very recent (within a couple of hours). The best way for us to track new development is to see the new posts. And if you edit the last post, we would not see the new data. So if you have something new to add (especially mod developments) feel free to make a new post. Just don't abuse it.

To expand on this, please don't post the same thing in multiple topics. This is known as "spamming" and is against GTAForums Rules. The led-bys of this forum read every new post - there's no need to say the same thing more than once. When posting images, please keep the image size at 800x600 or less. If it's bigger than that, either post a link, or use an image hosting service like ImageShack which can shrink your images to thumbnails.

GTA:LC Forum Directory

Ok, so now to everything else about the forum. If you are new to the mod please first read the first posts in the general listed topics. If you are interested in helping out with this mod, you may find some of the topics listed further down of use.

If you are still unsure ask in the General GTA:LC Chat topic or PM a moderator (they will be more than happy to help wink.gif ):

General Topics:

Topic Name: Description: Beta 3.3 files released

(Pinned) This is where you can get yourself the latest version of the mod, as well as updates as they are released. Download links for old releases can be found in the old DOWNLOAD GTA:LC topic. Please be aware that there is a reason newer versions of GTA:LC have been released, so when using outdated releases you're bound to experience crashes and bugs you wouldn't experience if you used the latest version of the mod. CHECKLIST FOR GTA: LIBERTY CITY FINAL Basically, this is a checklist of everything that's left to do with the project. Please read the first post of that topic for further information. HELP & QUESTIONS TOPIC This contains information on everything you need to know about GTA:LC. See the first post for a list of the most commonly asked questions. If you have a question that's not on that list, then this is the place to ask.

Furthermore, if you are having problems with the game, then post your problems here and someone will try to help you. Note - bugs do not go in here, just general problems. BUGS, GLITCHES, AND INCOMPLETES To report something wrong with the game, please post here. Make sure you're using the latest version of the mod before reporting a bug, as it may have been fixed in the meantime. Include a brief description plus the first seven lines (up to and including the EFLAGS) of the debug output window that pops up if the game crashes (the contents of this window will be saved in gta-lc-scm.log in your main LC folder). Read the Checklist before posting to see if your problem is known, and read the first post to see if your problem has been fixed. UNOFFICIAL MODS Contains development and discussion of unofficial mods for LC. For a list of mods for your game, check out the first post. GENERAL GTA:LC CHAT Discuss anything related to the mod in this topic. This is where anything which doesn't seem to fit into any other topic goes.

Also, check out this topic for any general announcements from the LC team. SCREENSHOTS OF GTA:LC Post your best screenshots of GTA:LC (this is a fun project, after all!).

Also feel free to share videos with everyone in this topic. MEET THE TEAM List of people who have contributed to this mod.

Modding Topics:

Topic Name: MISSION CODING IV MODEL FIXES LAUNCHER DEVELOPMENT THE TRAIN PEDS/ACTORS/ANIMATIONS COL DISCUSSION AUDIO VEHICLES GRAPHICS LANGUAGE PACKS THE INSTALLER VEHICLE HANDLING WEAPONS OFFICIAL GTA:LC TRAINER

PLEASE NOTE - These are only the active modding topics. There are also others which you may find and look through if you are interested, though these are mostly inactive for a reason (they are near completion) - the vast majority of locked topics are simply here for archival purposes and the storing of potentially valuable information - the other unlocked modding topics are not to be posted in unless you have a breakthrough in that particular area, or something else of importance that we should all know about.

Thank you - we hope you enjoy your stay here at GTA: Liberty City .

Edited by TJGM

Here's a few things I found in this thread, perhaps they'll be useful.

EDIT: Seems like formatting got messed up after I posted and the tables that the forums used to use aren't around anymore. Spoilers also messed up, so that's too bad.

*STUFF*

I've managed to redo the entirety of the second faq thread with proper tables and everything, but it's pretty outdated. I'm going to do some touch-ups before sending it to Craig that'll hopefully make it more useful

• Like 3

What about some beta III vehicles? For example, the Furore GT, the Beamer and the Buggy that Aztecas and Darthvader20011 made would be a pretty nice addition to the mod..

Some VC cars would fit aswell, with a little editing here and there.

AgLkT87.png

VHkZX6F.png

1. Go to your GTA LC installation directory

Open the file named gta-lc.ini

Search for DisableCulling=0

Change the 0 to 1

Save

Enjoy!

• Like 2

ClaudeSpeed1911

I did everything you told but its still the same, I'm using the version on steam but I also tried the pirated version but its still the same.

Anyway thanks for answering!

1. Go to your GTA LC installation directory
  2. Open the file named gta-lc.ini
  3. Search for DisableCulling=0
  4. Change the 0 to 1
  5. Save
  6. Enjoy!

I did everything you told but its still the same, I'm using the version on steam but I also tried the pirated version but its still the same.

Anyway thanks for answering!

LC uses an older version of the IIItoVC asi which doesn't have this switch, you'd have to play with the "newer" version which has a lot of problems with crashing but looks good at least

• Like 1

Craig Kostelecky

Stay tuned for the next release (no current ETA). I'm sure it will be more stable than anything out there.

Hm... that's strange. I'm playing on a modded 3.3 BETA and it all works perfectly, crashes are REALLY rare, I can even play more than one hour without any crashes :)

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

Craig Kostelecky

IF you can get 3.3 working properly, it's very stable.

• Like 2

This is how the stadium looks like now (from my old LCS rendition):

bhFuhGD.png

Based off of three different things - the actual alpha/beta stadium, the final one, and the LA Coliseum (of which the stadium in GTA3 is based off).

The seat texture (the blue lines :p) don't look weird like in the render above, it's just 3DS Max making weird mipmaps for it.

Jo9ZMs7.gif

new player model sent to me from poster just above, most of the body is fully welded together so he should fit right in with VC's animation system. still not finished rigging it but I'm happy with how it's turning out. also, some animation stuff is being done for the pack. ngclan hooked me up with his ped.ifp (which has some fixed weapon idles and a kicking animation from III) and now claude has proper walking sequences (shown here), and I'll be updating his sprint to be more faithful to III

Edited by Mr. Jago