The thread that started it all

Demarest

• 2 weeks later...
Harerama Chakraborty

I've downloaded the mod, and I find many people discussing about the easy ways to do the missions. But for me, I don't have any misssions, only "The Crook" and the Side Missions! Can someone help me?

I've downloaded the mod, and I find many people discussing about the easy ways to do the missions. But for me, I don't have any misssions, only "The Crook" and the Side Missions! Can someone help me?

what version of the mod did you download?

Harerama Chakraborty

Maybe the oldest version, which has only Marty CHonks and Side missions available.

Edited by Harerama Chakraborty

Maybe the oldest version, which has only Marty CHonks and Side missions available.

Download the newest one here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/520734-beta-33-files-released/

It has all missions, cutscenes, etc.

Harerama Chakraborty

Download the newest one here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/520734-beta-33-files-released/

Thanks man. Do I have to copy these files to the VC or III folder?

Harerama Chakraborty

Hello everyone, I have downloaded the mod, but when I start a new game, it has no loading bar and it crashes. (lc-exe). When I load vc-exe, it goes fine until 75% and my game crashes. Can someone help me?

Thanks man. Do I have to copy these files to the VC or III folder?

VC.

• 4 weeks later...

beta 3.3 liberty city mod does not work for me. when i install and run it came up with an error name 6005 or 605 which is a security error and it also says something about compatibility.this mod had worked before but it crashed at the loading screen. i am new here and i would really like some help. i have been following this mod for month and i am really upset that is not working. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS I AM WILLING TO TAKE ANY ADVICE OR SOLUTIONS THAT WILL HELP ME BE ABLE TO RUN THE THE GAME PROPERLY.

Edited by pxe456

beta 3.3 liberty city mod does not work for me. when i install and run it came up with an error name 6005 or 605 which is a security error and it also says something about compatibility.this mod had worked before but it crashed at the loading screen. i am new here and i would really like some help. i have been following this mod for month and i am really upset that is not working. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS I AM WILLING TO TAKE ANY ADVICE OR SOLUTIONS THAT WILL HELP ME BE ABLE TO RUN THE THE MOD PROPERLY.

Is this mod still in work ?

I have no probs with installation.

1. Install VC

2. patch beta 3

3. apply update 3.3

4. use the clean up .bat in audio folder

5. copy all audio files from gta 3 to vc audio folder

6. use the SFX addon

7. start up with LC.exe

• 2 weeks later...
Craig Kostelecky

It appears we've lost our sub-forum here. I was not involved in this decision at all and am very unhappy about it. This mod has over a decade's worth of work that is still not complete. And getting it finished will be a lot more unorganized now and hard to distribute.

I am not able to edit the first post, and NOBODY is going to sort through 620+ pages of posts to find what they needed. Our old sub-forum was very organized and it hurt nobody by being there. I hope the staff can restore it. If not, this mod may just die. It would be sad to see it end this way.

#BringGTALCSubforumBack

The sub forum was good but also kinda bad because most people didnt look there and never see this modification, to be honest i didnt think its still active.
2 or 3 years ago (i think ) i played some version and it had missions and all i think only cutscreens wasnt finished (not moving mouths) , so yea , maby it isnt soo bad afer all

The new formula for the modding section is defective. LC is taking the biggest impact from this. Why do DYOM and SOL get a subforum (they deserve them too) but LC gets it's revoked? Simply unfair.

EDIT: It's back...sorta.

Edited by theNGclan
  • Like 3

Craig Kostelecky

I don't know if they took all of it, but there was certainly at least two topics that were merged. Hopefully most can be restored. We'll see how it plays out in the coming days. May have to rebuild everything manually from the Wayback Machine. I know I don't have time to do that.

Wait, I'm little confused - I remember playing this mod about five (ten?) years ago... and this mod is still alive? How its possible, because I remember that this mod was almost completed when I played.

Craig Kostelecky

It's still "almost" complete. There's still a few things I'd like done before calling it "final."

If you have time and, of course, if you want, can you say whats left to do?

Edited by Masny

Craig Kostelecky

Well ,the only major thing I'd like to add that other people would notice is the cutscene heads. ModelingMan actually figured out how to do it, but before it could be fully implemented, his computer crashed and I haven't heard from him since.

If we can't get that done, then the only thing I'd likely do before calling it Final v1.0 would be to wrap everything up with a nice installer that includes all of the audio for the mod. There were too many issues when we had people manually copy them from GTA3 that I'd prefer to have it work for everyone right out of the box. We can do this step whenever Silent is able to give us some of his (very valuable) time.

• Like 5

There's something I always wondered. Why don't you use the cutscene models/animations from Xbox version? I thought the way they work is very close to VC.

Craig Kostelecky

It is quite messed up. A few days ago, the powers that be decided to reorganize the modding section a bit. In doing that, they merged several (maybe even all) of our threads into this one thread and dumped us in the main section. After pleading my case, they agreed to give us the forum back. I provided a link to an archive version of the site so they can hopefully restore as many of the topics as possible. But they may have to be manually recreated :-/

But at least we have a sub-forum back and I have the ability to edit things as needed.

Well that's a bit painful. I hope this can get sorted out.

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif