The thread that started it all

Demarest

Craig Kostelecky

What do you mean by an unflip key?

And I'm not sure what you're asking about regarding the Borgnine Taxi either.

Unflip key--a key to set the car upright if it flips upside down. I think the
All In One Mod has the feature; I've read GTA V has it, too. I got the idea
when the car landed on its back during Turismo. Some cars are easier to set up-
right with steering but I don't think this is one of them. It would suit the
science fiction nature of the car.

I'm wondering what the file name is for the .txd file for the "Borgnine Taxis"
sign on the Borgnine Taxis building so I can find it and mod it.

Edited by glenster

Craig Kostelecky

There is an opcode that checks to see if the car is flipped over before doing the transformation, you can simply eliminate that line (it's in craig.sc - line 145) then the car can switch to flying even if it's flipped over.

if and                00E1:   key_pressed 0 3         // up/down button on the right axis pad                81F4:   not car 0@ flipped      // added to check if not flipped before tranforming            then                gosub @TIME_TRANSFORMATION     // fly/drive swap            end

I don't recall the name of the Borgnine files and I do not have any mapping programs installed on this computer (nor do I have any idea which programs are even used these days). Maybe someone else around knows how to look that up.

^ Thanks!

After much searching (it would be in the "w"s of the .txd fles for
buildings....) with the ViceTXD Tool I found the Borgnine Taxis building sign:

weebridge2.txd > borgtaxi1 and borgtaxi2

PS: a readers' post for this IGN article on "GTA V":

Up on the dam, there is an electric box that has a label on it that says "1.2
GW". 1.2 gigawatts was the amount of power needed for the Delorean in "Back to
the Future".
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/30/100-little-things-in-gta-5-that-will-blow-your-mind?zeta_id=16042635&utm_source=Monday%20newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10.1+US+ONLY_20514_1124193_1124227&utm_content=16042635&zeta_id=16042635

Edited by glenster

Just a quick question, is this mod open source? Like, someone can take it, modify it and re-release it?

Craig Kostelecky

Almost everything is. I do not have the source files for any of ModelingMan's work (which Silent would LOVE to see), but pretty much everything else is open. We strongly encourage others to use our files as they see fit. There are a few mods that are based on our map and even some that use Hammer's launcher.

So yes, anybody can use this mod for their own projects. I don't even mind if people do not ask for permission or give credit. Enough people know of our work in my opinion.

The original goal of this mod was to create a base install that could create 100% of GTA3 on the Vice City engine. All of the extra stuff was initially discouraged as we felt as a team that other people could add what they wanted to and release their own version with their own tweaks. I've drifted on that approach over the years a bit and now try to think of adding extra features from the perspective of what would Rockstar have done if they had more time with this game.

I just downloaded this and copied it over previous version of GTA LC (3.1?)

And I copied the GTA3 Audio's on to GTA LC. The game works perfectly but SFX is all messed up random sounds like if it is raining etc etc.

How could I fix that?

You DON'T copy III sfx.sdt and sfx.raw to the game. Stick with stock VC one and use SFX Add-on instead.

You DON'T copy III sfx.sdt and sfx.raw to the game. Stick with stock VC one and use SFX Add-on instead.

Yeah About that. I tried VC's sfx.sdt and sfx.raw. but it seems like SFX Add-on wont work on that, it says its modified, but I didn't modified nothing. (<- Not so good in english :p)

Is your game pirated? I remember installing the SFX add-on before I had a physical VC install disc and it would claim the *pirated* sfx.sdt/.raw was modified.

If you are using a pirate, please purchase a licensed copy of Vice City.

Edited by theNGclan

LuigiIsHungry

I can't find installation instructions anywhere. Is just running gta-lc.exe and telling it where gta-vc.exe is supposed to work? It's crashing on me if I do that. I rather ask before I try anything else.

I get to the opening screen of most of the characters and the "Grand Theft Auto LC" thing but then it just crashes saying gta-vc.exe doesn't has stopped responding. Any tips?

Okay so now I've disabled DEP for Vice City and when I load it up it says I don't have a cd in.

I'm using a pirated version of Vice City because it doesn't work with the Steam version of Vice City...

Edited by MrPeteyMax

Okay so now I've disabled DEP for Vice City and when I load it up it says I don't have a cd in.

I'm using a pirated version of Vice City because it doesn't work with the Steam version of Vice City...

Pirated copies of GTA aren't supported on this website.

• 3 weeks later...

Just gonna drop this here encase you want this for the next version of LC.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25020

Craig Kostelecky

I will definitely test it.If it looks better than what I'm using now, it'll be included.

I look forward to seeing it and will let you what I think after I test it.

Thanks!

Craig Kostelecky

I did take a look in game and I do not like it more than our current model. If the player isn't moving then it looks better, but there's just a few areas (the upper arms and upper legs) where it doesn't look right when the player is walking.

If you make another version, I will most definitely check it out. I will always include anything that's of better quality than what we have.

Thanks again.

Finally! I was able to fix the issue I was having with delodrv/delyfly and genlee. Somehow the handling in the executable was modified, so I had to switch all the files to how they should be.

EDIT: What key is used to make the delorean fly?

Edited by theNGclan

Craig Kostelecky

If you're using a gamepad, then up/down on the right stick. It could be left/right as well depending on when I last uploaded the scm. If you're not using the gamepad, I'm not sure :p

Craig Kostelecky

I'm not sure what you're describing. And are you running the latest version?

hey man i am cannot completing mission

"UZI RIDER" its caused pink marker after I killing diablos please help me :cry:

That mission is completed after you drive back to Staunton Island in the car (or at least normally is)

hey man i am cannot completing mission

"UZI RIDER" its caused pink marker after I killing diablos please help me :cry:

That mission is completed after you drive back to Staunton Island in the car (or at least normally is)

but i don't know so the pink marker is flying in staunton island

Edited by r09867

Craig Kostelecky

You didn't describe your problem any better. Hard to help if I don't know what's going on/