The thread that started it all

Demarest

Lurk Morrison

Downloaded 3.3 last Saturday, been messing around with it for the past week. Mostly modding, but now working on the main game. Only 1 random crash (not Cleo or mod related anyways) during The Thieves (Dog Food mission), 0001 opcode, could not replicate.

Great work guys.

Now if I can just pass Trial By Fire before I break something. :-(

Craig Kostelecky

Those types of crashes are the hardest to track down. If you still have the error log file posting the top part of it might help Silent see what the issue could be. But it's likely one of those rare bugs that we may not be able to fix.

Good luck with Trial By Fire. I hate the way that one plays on LC. I don't know what we can do to prove it either.

Lurk Morrison

Exception at address: 0x004315A5

EXE Version: gta-vc.exe 1.0 US

Last opcode executed: 0001 opcode_0001

In thread: blob_hp

Registers -----------------------------------------------------

EAX: 0x00000FFD EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00010FFD

ESI: 0x000000C8 EDI: 0x0012F4D4 EBP: 0x31027D0F ESP: 0x0012F428

EFLAGS: 1000010000001000000010

I should also point out that I'm using IIItoVC.asi-20070525-v7t3+t4+t5 instead of the default asi because LOLintel.

Craig Kostelecky

If you're using old files, then the crashes are on you. That's not to say the latest files are completely bug-free, but they're better than what it was.

That being said, if possible I'd like to get rid of IIItoVC.asi if possible. Not sure how much it does (besides the pager and the scrolling text boards), but I know it's pretty small.

Lurk Morrison

"LC to LCS" link in the first post is dead.

Edit: I'd also like to make a few suggestions if that's okay.

RANDOM_PERSON converted 3's gangs and cops to Vice City and they look somewhat better than LC's defaults (no offense meant).

Gangs: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5786

Cops: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=7128

And TripleAs converted LCS pedestrians for Vice City: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5468

Edited by Kurropt Antagonist

HackMan128

LCS on PC

user posted image

Installing on fresh VC, but it contains LC's launcher and some small stuff.

Link to download at GTAGarage

Edited by HackMan128

Game freezes before the cutscene(Luigi girls).

Edit: Fixed by turning Frame Limiter on. (Thanks to Silent for solution)

Edited by Bzdun

So have you guys thought of porting this to iOS and Andriod?

Reasons to port:

-Same reasons for doing the PC version (bikes and heli's)

-Wide Screen support with proper aspect ratio on iPhone 5 and iPod 5

-Detail maps on textures

-Improved weapon combat

-This is the one TC that is very close to being complete

On iOS (probably Andriod too), you can make it its own app, that way you have GTA LC and GTA VC.

Hi there, I'm having a problem with the buildings, they're not loading properly, like, you can see inside them, how did I fix it?

Craig Kostelecky
So have you guys thought of porting this to iOS and Andriod?

Reasons to port:

-Same reasons for doing the PC version (bikes and heli's)

-Wide Screen support with proper aspect ratio on iPhone 5 and iPod 5

-Detail maps on textures

-Improved weapon combat

-This is the one TC that is very close to being complete

On iOS (probably Andriod too), you can make it its own app, that way you have GTA LC and GTA VC.

No, but our files are all available for anyone else to use for any mods they wish to create. Almost all of our work is completely open-sourced.

We have taken some parts of the iOS version and ported them to our mod though.

@Endorfan, that's possibly a graphics driver issue on your part. That does not happen to most players.

Craig Kostelecky

This can't happen in GTA3 smile.gif

user posted image

This can't happen in GTA3 smile.gif

user posted image

Ah, are you trying to make LC more MVL friendly? I've noticed that LC crashes often when using MVL. The real problem is MVL's compatibility with missions, though. MVL actually disables some objectives for some reason.

Craig Kostelecky

I'm hoping to. I don't think there's anything I can do to make it more compatible. I'm hoping to hear more from maxo down the road. Between him and Silent, I think we can eventually get it more reliable. I have submitted a few of my crash reports in the MVL thread, but have not heard anything. I only use MVL to play in windowed mode.

It is my goal (whether it can happen or not is another story) to have GTA:LC work as well with MVL and CLEO as Vice City does.

MVL actually disables some objectives for some reason.

Noting them down would surely be helpful for both us and maxo smile.gif

@Endorfan, that's possibly a graphics driver issue on your part. That does not happen to most players.

Really? Because I have been trying this mod for years with different versions and PCs but I still got this same problem. cryani.gif

Edit: I tested some older versions and discovered it worked with Beta2 v6.

Edited by Endorfan

I saw russian.gxt havent been updated since 2007. What entries should be added?

Craig Kostelecky

All of the languages can use a good update. Unfortunately there is no log of the recently changed items in the american.gxt, so it'll likely have to be a complete check.

The gxt is also getting a bit of an update to make the mod work very well with Silent's GInput mod. My plan is sometime after that's done, we'll package everything together with an installer and call it beta 4. Then after that's done, I'd like to have all of the foreign language files updated again before the final version is released. So I'd wait until beta 4 is uploaded before attempting to convert any languages.

Craig Kostelecky

Could you be more specific with your issues? Is it all buildings or just a few?

Are there any plans to re-add the helicopter from GTA III?

Craig Kostelecky

I've thought a little about that recently. I do think the VC maverick looks much better than the static models in III. I'm open to the idea though. Someone would have to convert that static model into a proper helicopter.

As long as I don't lost my DeLorean ph34r.gif

I've thought a little about that recently. I do think the VC maverick looks much better than the static models in III. I'm open to the idea though. Someone would have to convert that static model into a proper helicopter.

As long as I don't lost my DeLorean  ph34r.gif

In theory it would be possible to recreate the police helicopter. The one in III looked awful, so we always could make VC-ish looking one. And we'd only have to make one AI model and two playable (Police and general). I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll see what I can do. icon14.gif

Do you know the name of the static helicopter in LC?

EDIT: NVM. It was Chopper, just like in III.

Edited by theNGclan

Alright, I made some progress with the helicopter from III. Got the static helicopter to work, I'll start working on the usable one in a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/V8KCmjO.jpg

Thoughts?

Alright, I made some progress with the helicopter from III. Got the static helicopter to work, I'll start working on the usable one in a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/V8KCmjO.jpg

Thoughts?

actually it looks pretty good icon14.gif

maybe scaling the police logo on the side so that it doesnt round over the belly , and a 911 decal on the belly... maybe an lcpd logo on the tail near the rotor aswell but other than that it looks good biggrin.gif

keep up the good work

oh also, instead of a bright white for the main color, it should be like a grayish ash type color, to give it a bit of depth... monocle.gif

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

nOJgCY8.png

9lk5k2-2.png

I've installed this mod a few moths ago simply because I wanted to try it out, and I'm had some troubles completing the Rampage where you use the Flamethrower to burn down 20 Yakuza members, it's in Southern Staunton near the Liberty Tree Building, and I always run of of time trying to kill them, with not even having 5 yakuza's burnt. They always run away to fast and I can't even sprint with the flame thrower.

Any tips or something?

I'm probably gonna be re-creating the III helicopter in a higher quality. Maybe make it look sortof like VC quality. Then, it'd be easier to make a usable version.

Craig Kostelecky

The flamethrower rampages are tricky. I think the behavior of the peds changed in VC to run away more when the flamethrower is used. Trial By Fire is equally frustrating.

The trick that I've gotten to work sometimes is to stand in the middle of the road and keep rotating and firing at the same time.

The flamethrower rampages are tricky. I think the behavior of the peds changed in VC to run away more when the flamethrower is used. Trial By Fire is equally frustrating.

The trick that I've gotten to work sometimes is to stand in the middle of the road and keep rotating and firing at the same time.

Okay, thanks, I guess I will try that when I get my computer fixed.