The thread that started it all

Demarest

Having a crash during The Fuzz ball mission... True, I'm running MVL, but it doesn't seem to crash any other mission, only this particular one! (in fact, all my previous mission were successfully completed with MVL running)

Crash report is kinda long, so I'll just copy/paste the first part for now. I can always send the rest via PMs.

Exception at address:	0x0064CFD4EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 USLast opcode executed:	0001 opcode_0001In thread:            nonameRegisters -----------------------------------------------------EAX: 0x01000600	EBX: 0x10C553D8	ECX: 0x10C55365	EDX: 0x00640E2FESI: 0x01000600	EDI: 0x64408B74	EBP: 0x64408B74	ESP: 0x0018F364EFLAGS: 1000010000001000000110// THREAD "taxi_l"0001E048: opcode_004D                              @0001E058, "ć", "", "¤FIRE_MŤŐžŞňYM", "", 0, "V", "iŕ", "Ţ", "M", "", 0, "8", "", $var19780001E058: opcode_0002                              @0001DEC1, "¤FIRE_MŤŐžŞňY", "", 0, "V", "iŕ", "Ţ", "M", "", 0, "8", "", $var1978, "Ö", ""0001DEC1: opcode_0001                              0, "Ö", "", "Ö", "", "Ö", "", "Ö", "", 0, "M", $var7802, "Ö", "ŕ", "ß"// THREAD "fire_m"0001E06D: opcode_00D6                              0, "V", "iŕ", "Ţ", "M", "", 0, "8", "", $var1978, "Ö", "", 67163648, "", "M"0001E071:   opcode_0256                            $var0008, "M", "", 137, "M", "", 0, "8", "", $var1978, "Ö", "", 67163648, "", "M"0001E076: opcode_004D                              @0001E069, "Ö", "", "á", "", $var1EE4, 0, "M", $var7802, "Ö", "č", "ŕ", "€xM", 123107, "ĺFTUTORŤŐžŞňYM"0001E07D: opcode_00D6                              0, "Ţ", "M", "", 0, "8", "", $var1978, "Ö", "", 67163648, "", "M", 21574, "UTOR"0001E081:   opcode_00DE                            $var0008, 137, "M", "", 0, "8", "", $var1978, "Ö", "", 67163648, "", "M", 21574, "UTOR"0001E089: opcode_004D                              @0001E1CA, "Ö", "", 0, "M", $var7802, "Ö", "č", "ŕ", "€xM", 123107, "ĺFTUTORŤŐžŞňYM", "", "", "R2"0001E1CA: opcode_00D6                              0, "8", "", 0, $var1EE8, 0, $var0100, "iŕ", "P_M", 0, "Ö", "", "Ö", "", ""0001E1CE:   opcode_0038                            $var1EE8, 1, "M", 4, $var1EE8, 0, $var0100, "iŕ", "P_M", 0, "Ö", "", "Ö", "", ""0001E1D5: opcode_004D                              @0001E069, "ć", "", "¤COP_M", "E5", 0, "V", "öá", "Ţ", "Ţ", "Ţ", "Ţ", "Ţ", "Ţ", "M"0001E069: opcode_0001                              0, "Ö", "", "Ö", "", "á", "", $var1EE4, 0, "M", $var7802, "Ö", "č", "ŕ", "€xM"

Furthermore, I've noticed several collision bugs, near the Laundry and behind 8ball's place, where the Rumpo is parked.

Edited by SomeGuy86

Craig Kostelecky

Can you repeat that bug if you remove MVL?

If you're referring to the collision problems - yes... As for the fuzz ball, no. It was obviously caused by MVL.

Well, wa all know R* has announced Vice City 10th Anniversary iOS and Android re-release. Since both Anniversary games seem to have absolutely equivalent engines, it could be extremely easy to port III content to VC. What do y'all think about Mobile III with motorbikes?

If you're referring to the collision problems - yes... As for the fuzz ball, no. It was obviously caused by MVL.

Does the error log also contain stack dump? That could be useful for detecting what the problem is.

how to install??????????????

plzzzzzzzzz give a detailed instruction of it

my game crashes after the loading completes

Does the error log also contain stack dump? That could be useful for detecting what the problem is.

Not sure what you mean by stack dump, but if you want an error report, I can send it to you through PM. Keep in mind it's very long, has lots of threads mentioned...

Not sure what you mean by stack dump, but if you want an error report, I can send it to you through PM. Keep in mind it's very long, has lots of threads mentioned...

Well, you can send it, I'll see if it has any useful info.

how to install??????????????

plzzzzzzzzz give a detailed instruction of it

my game crashes after the loading completes

Replace the files in your Vice City installation with the files in the given GTA:LC installation .RAR, or use an installing application that will install GTA:LC. It's actually really simple. Good luck on installing!

Craig Kostelecky
GTA : LC is perfect

awaiting release of beta 3.4

There won't be a 3.4...

The next version will be either Beta 4.0 of GTA:LC Final 1.0 (depending on how stable it is).

And the next release could be quite a ways away. We're waiting for ModelingMan to return or if someone else can figure out how to recreate the cutscene heads. I'd also like to use the XBOX peds, but since nobody has been able to do that for us yet, I don't know if it will get done.

This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to make and play on an LC:MP server anymore? I noticed that LC:MP never has any players. It doesn't even allow me to build a server.

Did the VC:MP team drop all support for LC:MP or something? I haven't seen anything about it being dropped. If it is dropped, would it be possible to build an exclusive Multiplayer Service for LC? I mean, I saw gameplay of LC:MP and it looked amazing, and I would really love to play GTA: LC in multiplayer with other players. But I digress.

Craig Kostelecky

We have never had a connection to any multiplayer team (with the exception of letting them use our files).

We have never had a connection to any multiplayer team (with the exception of letting them use our files).

Ah. I figured as much. Thanks for the reply.

G The Generous

how's the progress converting Xbox ped to your mod?

I can help convert peds if you want, just send me a model and I will get it rigged smile.gif

btw, would Xbox's vehicles be included too?

Craig Kostelecky

There is no progress with the XBOX peds. The only person I knew that was working on it was not able to figure it out. And we are not focusing on converting the cars at all. Though, if someone was to do them, odds are pretty good that I'd include them as official.

The only reason we wanted to do the XBOX peds was to hopefully make the cutscene heads animations work better. My primary concern is the play ability of the mod. Its look is secondary.

• 3 weeks later...
GTA : LC is perfect

awaiting release of beta 3.4

There won't be a 3.4...

The next version will be either Beta 4.0 of GTA:LC Final 1.0 (depending on how stable it is).

And the next release could be quite a ways away. We're waiting for ModelingMan to return or if someone else can figure out how to recreate the cutscene heads. I'd also like to use the XBOX peds, but since nobody has been able to do that for us yet, I don't know if it will get done.

thanks for the info *0*

• 2 weeks later...

Made an unofficial mod. I've exported the hud icons from Vice City 10th anniversary and recolored them to fit with GTA III's atmosphere, Some of GTA III's icons were reused in VC 10YA, so this was pretty simple. Enjoy.

user posted imageuser posted image

Click this link to download http://www.mediafire.com/?199759lp3u92hrz

Hm, is there any way to make the police in GTA:LC use a nightstick instead of shooting at me when I have a one star wanted level? Just like in VC?

Edited by theNGclan

Craig Kostelecky

Yes. You can alter the gta-lc.ini file (either with the Show Config launcher or with Notepad) and you can change the Cop's primary weapon (use the VC weapon numbers)

Craig Kostelecky

This is something we will most likely use for the official version. I'm not sure if it'll be your version exactly. Silent was talking to me about this today and I want to hear what he thinks of your files.

Even if we don't use your exact files, I really appreciate the input. Anything made by Rockstar is fair game to be included as official.

Edit: crap, looks like there's no M16. I'm not sure if there are other GTA3 weapons that didn't make the cut in VC either.

Edited by Craig Kostelecky

This is something we will most likely use for the official version. I'm not sure if it'll be your version exactly. Silent was talking to me about this today and I want to hear what he thinks of your files.

Even if we don't use your exact files, I really appreciate the input. Anything made by Rockstar is fair game to be included as official.

Edit: crap, looks like there's no M16. I'm not sure if there are other GTA3 weapons that didn't make the cut in VC either.

There is, I checked before Silent sent you the example (Which yeah, I was waiting to work on the very same mod tounge.gif) I checked the GTA3 ones and compared them to the VC Ones (which do have a lot of leftovers) and there are indeed all the weapons from GTA3 available as well as the VC ones.

I've winxp sp2 on dell optiplex gx 620 and tried this mod on original vice city. But it's not working.

Poblem: When I start a new game it gets closed without sending error report.

I've winxp sp2 on dell optiplex gx 620 and tried this mod on original vice city. But it's not working.

Drag and drop each file into the correct folder. Let us know if the same problem occurs.

Drag and drop each file into the correct folder. Let us know if the same problem occurs.

Sorry as you told me to drag and drop it didn't work. still getting same problem.

"I'd also like to use the XBOX peds, but since nobody has been able to do

that for us yet, I don't know if it will get done."

Does this help?:

GTA3 XBOX Version Mod by rmws

Fully rigged Xbox version actors and pedestrians

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5798

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=399016

Edited by glenster

Craig Kostelecky

I have spoken with rmws. a few times and he was not able to convert the peds into VC format for us. So we're still waiting.

I used Notepad to replace all cases of scum_man with darkel in default.ide

and pedgrp.dat, sent Claude into the abandoned train tunnel in Portland to see

Darkel, and got an unhandled exception (?).

v Sorry--I hadn't checked that. There's no darkel.txd or .dff.

Edited by glenster